(FE10) Draft playthrough

BigMeatyClawz

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Leanne, she's forced in 3-11, yet she lacks a penalty.

One last Question, do these penalties stack? E.G. Tanith gets attacked twice in 3-11 when you haven't picked her, is the penalty -3 or -6?

I'm taking Soren and Reyson.

Speaking of Leanne, she's forced in 3-11, yet she lacks a penalty.

One last Question, do these penalties stack? E.G. Tanith gets attacked twice in 3-11 when you haven't picked her, is the penalty -3 or -6?

Thanks for catching that she has a 5 turn penalty, and I added it to the OP.

Penalties don't stack, so for that example it's only 3 turns added to your turn count. Main reason for that is so after everyone wouldn't get screwed over by not Picking Edward/Neph/Brom.

Edited by oval

Edit: Man, Oval I spent like 15 minutes on all of this. Oh well I'll keep it just to make everyone but Fia and Ether agree with it. :P

Thats pretty much gonna give Ether and Fia a bit of an unfair advantage, hell even possibly me with Leonardo to a much lesser extent.

1-P Theres 8 enemies total. Micaiah, without relying on RNG blessings definatly isn't going to be finishing anytime soon. +You are probably going to stall a turn or two for Leonardo's dracoshield. If I'm not mistaken the boss has at least 19 attack. So 19-4=15 which is Micaiahs health. So if you get a bad level up with no HP and/or Def, your screwed and must use *gasp* Edward. Without crit's Micaiah needs to 3RKO the enemy while she will constantly be breathing through a tube via herb or vulnerary.

Using Edward however its possible to beat the chapter without rng blessings in 6 or 7 turns. While he runs ahead to the boss Micaiah picks off enemies. (No wrath required at this point) Then the boss attacks edward on the turn 6 enemy phase. Edward will potentially wrath leaving the boss at 9 HP in that case and then a base level Micaiah can finish him.

Still with 8 enemies on the map thats a potential on having a count of 24 on a map that should be no more then 8 turns.

So at this point the scores are going to be.

Ether: 6-7

Me: 6+(8x3)(thats from my run last night if I need to start over I will.) 30

Everyone else: About the same as me or possibly less if you decide to Micaiah solo. Still thats spending 3 turns on every enemy and if you get stat screwed vs Pugo then you gotta do it my way just as Nagra_Rocks was saying about my Haar+Hammer=The high score on 2-E. Hell I even think I used Leonardo to kill one enemy in that chapter, do the math there also please.

1-1: Pretty much the same thing. Micaiah isn't 1RKO'd yet but is def 2RKO'd. Pretty much everyone wants to use Nolan as a tank one unit south of the soldier I'm sure. Unless you lure Micaiah (or Edward in Ether's case) to mess with the eastern fighters then you've already taken a 9 turn penalty, compared to a 6 turn penatly, and we aren't even done with the chapter yet. Leonardo had a few moments here for me. Taking out enemies in Nolan's place but regardless he might be used one more time in that section of the chapter (by the hand axe house, which btw, would result in +3 if Nolan or Edward visits)and then theres still 5 enemies left. Unlike in 1-P you can't lure them one by one slowly so Micaiah needs help from Edward or Nolan, probably Nolan since Edward would be mabye late level 4. Theres a soldier an archer and an immobile fighter and probably 3-4 turns outta the maximum 10 taken from the clock. Nolan is a must here, I'd prefer him going one round with the soldier and archer with the steel axe in the enemy phase while Micaiah weakening the fighter. So you just earned a +6 to your total score. Micaiah kills the soldier Nolan kills the fighter that the other one was fighting (+3) in the next player phase. Micaiah kills the archer in the enemy phase while she is now on the brink of death. Next turn Nolan attacks the fighter guarding the exit. (+3) and Micaiah heads to the exit. (as do Leonardo and Edward keeping a safe distance) The fighter will suicide against Nolan (+3) and your exit will be clear. Have everyone exit now don't bother with the free steel sword.

So lets look at our scores:

Fia: About a 6

Everyone but me and Ether: 6+((6 or 9)+6+3+3+3)=27 or 30.

Ether will still want to use Nolan to some extent so he will have a bit of a lesser score. As will I since I would swap a 3 for mabye a Leonardo kill.

Some of that was probably wrong I think I forgot to mention a fighter at the start. So if anything add a little more to that.

So looking at the scores already its

Fia: About 30

Ether: 1-P= 6+ a moderatly high score in 1-2. He will be around the same area as Fia. (I wasn't taking Edward into account to much in that 1-1 summary)

Me: 56-3x (x= how many times I use Leonardo instead of Edward Nolan, which would not be too much.)

Everyone else: 1-P= about a 30 1-1: A 27 or 30. So basically Ether and Fia are going to have a giant lead on you guys and me to a lesser extent. And I haven't even talked about 1-3 or 1-4. (At least for you all I can live with the times I got)

Not to mention 2-1 Is going to hurt everyone but Fia and Kirsche. And 3-9 will hurt 3 people even with the Geo solo.

Still its up to Oval though of course.

Edited by King_Soren

But that's the whole point of this: who can prioritise better? Who can choose the best units if one is forced to do a 10 man only playthrough?

If it was a "Who is the best strategist?" playthrough, we'd be able to choose anyone, and not be limited to the few that haven't been picked.

I mean, I'm annoyed that I didn't get to pick Nolan, but I can live with it.

So, no, I'm happy with the way things are.

Edit: Wait, I have another question (I know I said the last question would be my last, but, oh well), if we are unhappy with the turncount we got, are we allowed to restart the chapter and try a different strategy?

Edit2: After looking, I don't see where you got +30 turns from. You seem to allow Nolan's penalty to stack, however, teh post above you very clearly stated:

Penalties don't stack, [...]

so it wouldn't be that big anyway.

Edited by kirsche

For the post above it took awhile to write and of course Oval gets on and makes the whole post useless >> if you don't get it just ignore it its just me debating against stacking individual penalties

I interperated penalties stacking as everytime they do an action (fighting visit houses etc)

Hell Ether even said he assumed they stacked each time they fought.

If they don't stack as they aren't your getting a 9 in 1-1 if you don't use Edward or Leo in my example. Which is clearly more reasonable then a 30 or so. We probably should have made this more clear. I would have picked Edward or Nolan first if they would have multi stacked and could get those giant turn counts in a chapter with a 10 turn clear.

If you are still lost on that example I made make a new file real fast, get to 1-1 and see how many times Nolans attacked if you only use him and Micaiah. Then add 3 to your total amount of turns. But again it doesn't really matter now.

Once things calm down a bit I might post my turn totals for 1-p to 1-4. Btw so far I probably haven't gotten screwed too badly for part one.

Edit: I spent a long time writing that post and was afk for awhile while writing it so Oval posted his and I didn't see the important part until I posted. Long story short I didn't know the final judgement when I posted that. Only reason that long post is still up is because I didn't remove it.

Edited by King_Soren

Edit: Wait, I have another question (I know I said the last question would be my last, but, oh well), if we are unhappy with the turncount we got, are we allowed to restart the chapter and try a different strategy?

I would assume yes, as long as we actually tried something else. Basically, as long as its not abuse to manipulate RNG or whatever, I would assume it would be fine.