(FE10) Draft playthrough

BigMeatyClawz

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What level is Laura? I suppose you could try T-bombing if you have a spare Master Crown.

If he's using Laura, he could trade her Purge and pick at Ike if she has the weapon rank.

Although the chances of Laura having B Light even as a Saint (which has a minimum Light rank of C) is probably slim.

So, Jill just got super lucky and got a stun, killing Ike before he killed her, and ending it in 6 turns IIRC (I'm going to check at the end anyway so w/e). 3-E wasn't too bad, though I have no idea what I got.

I also bexp'ed Nealuchi up to level 35, and he's capped everything bar mag, skl and res. Considering Ranulf had the greatest attack before part 4, laguz are quickly becoming the best units in my army. If I had remembered to give Nealuchi adept, he'd have a 96% chance to proc adept or a tear. Without adept, it's still a whopping 71% tear activation, and I can just throw him into wrath mode just for lulz (127 avo is sweet) for crit as well as tear. Basically, he's my best unit, and considering flight, probably now my most useful. It seems that, in my PT, the reverse of the tier list is how useful my units are being. Go figure.

So, Jill just got super lucky and got a stun, killing Ike before he killed her, and ending it in 6 turns IIRC (I'm going to check at the end anyway so w/e). 3-E wasn't too bad, though I have no idea what I got.

I also bexp'ed Nealuchi up to level 35, and he's capped everything bar mag, skl and res. Considering Ranulf had the greatest attack before part 4, laguz are quickly becoming the best units in my army. If I had remembered to give Nealuchi adept, he'd have a 96% chance to proc adept or a tear. Without adept, it's still a whopping 71% tear activation, and I can just throw him into wrath mode just for lulz (127 avo is sweet) for crit as well as tear. Basically, he's my best unit, and considering flight, probably now my most useful. It seems that, in my PT, the reverse of the tier list is how useful my units are being. Go figure.

Who else aside from Nealuchi? Jill is useful for her own sake in either the tier list or a draft playthrough. As for laguz, a lot of them (but not all of them) are capable of having many (useful) capped stats if they get a lot of bexp levels. And in NM you just happen to have a lot of bexp to give them (though not if you have too many of them). Neal is: 7 away from hp, 6 away from str, 5 away from spd, 11 away from luck, 3 away from def, and mag and res are unlikely to interfere until you've capped all but 4 stats. 10 away from skill is a fair amount, though. Anyway, 32 points if you don't get skill caps all of those. skl is approximately as likely as all but hp and luck. It's no surprise that you got most of those. I think you may have gotten a touch lucky capping str at level 35 rather than 37 or 38, but that's not a big deal considering tear would kill everything anyway even with only 13 * 2 = 26 strength. 78 + beak with tear. 85 minimum which nabs the toughest Generals in 4-E-1 unless they are on cover tiles. And that's ignoring his second hit.

Vika is harder to bexp for strength, but if you could then she'd still have the problem of one less part 4 map than Neal. As for the other laguz, gauge is still annoying in cats but you can again bexp for some pretty nice levels. The mediocre or bad Laguz are actually somewhat balanced for NM if you use a small enough team. Only Lyre is still terrible. Actually, Kyza too because he's much too far from his caps to start getting spd as early as Neal was getting str. However if you have no better destinations for the wing in your draft team, he's fine too even if bexp levels mainly alternate between giving skl, str, and def for the third stat.

Who else aside from Nealuchi?

If you mean "who else is defying their tier list positions?", my Meg is an absolute beast, Ranulf is better than Ike, as is Neph, Marcia > Jill. There are tonnes of units.

Vika is harder to bexp for strength, but if you could then she'd still have the problem of one less part 4 map than Neal. As for the other laguz, gauge is still annoying in cats but you can again bexp for some pretty nice levels. The mediocre or bad Laguz are actually somewhat balanced for NM if you use a small enough team. Only Lyre is still terrible. Actually, Kyza too because he's much too far from his caps to start getting spd as early as Neal was getting str. However if you have no better destinations for the wing in your draft team, he's fine too even if bexp levels mainly alternate between giving skl, str, and def for the third stat.

Well, my third and final laguz is muarim, and he should be OK with 4-1 to 4-3's bexp.