(FE10) Draft playthrough

BigMeatyClawz

3-3 is a bitchslut, trying it again soon.

Brom actually works out okay when you have Disarm, Cancel, Adept and a Killer Axe. Hand Axe and Short Axe are cool too. He rarely gets countered. :P Not that the counters do much...

Also, Ike is awesome.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brom actually works out okay when you have Disarm, Cancel, Adept and a Killer Axe. Hand Axe and Short Axe are cool too. He rarely gets countered. :P Not that the counters do much...

Also, Ike is awesome.

Does he actually have the str to 2HKO with a killer axe (making Adept more than just an extra chance at Disarm/Cancel/Crit)? I didn't know that was possible for him.

Also, Ike is awesome.

Does he actually have the str to 2HKO with a killer axe (making Adept more than just an extra chance at Disarm/Cancel/Crit)? I didn't know that was possible for him.

It really depends... Most of the weaker enemies, yeah, but some of the stronger ones, nope.

3-9: 8 turns

I really wished I had more BEXP to work with from Part 2, but Danved's awesome ledge climbing skills were awesome, except that he needed 1 point of speed to double all the halbs. I hate this chapter along with 2-3 since keeping Geoffrey from being hit was a bigger issue than completing it since the partner NPCs suck royally. I finally figured out a way that kept Geoffrey safe and then Danved Brave Lance'd his way up and through the boss. Missed the speedwing, but everyone should be fine, except Miccy, who is unsalvageable. Haven't crowned him yet.

• 3 weeks later...

3-10: 6 turns

Figured out the 6 turn somehow; probably involved keeping Heather away from the top. Lucia and the NPC bishops were clutch in killing the last runaway dragonmaster, but the MVP was Boyd+Celerity+Forged Hand Axes all the way. Ilyana/Heather handled the bottom.

3-11: 8 turns

MONEY MONEY MONEY. A round of new forges came out of that, this time not wasting for things like max hit on forged knives. BEXP'd and crowned Danved to tier 3, and still had like 35000 left over, which I'm saving for. As for the actual chapter, Ike+Ragnell was pro with Boyd following to ORKO the boss. Danved got smite, cause he weighs like twice as much as everybody else, and he, Ilyana, and Heather cleaned things up. Leanne for penalty tier.

It'd be really cool if silver daggers/knives were buyable for the GMs earlier.

Edited by WeaponsofMassConstruction

Did you not buy one (silver dagger) with the DB in 3-6 and then have Heather steal it in 3-7?

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Did you not buy one (silver dagger) with the DB in 3-6 and then have Heather steal it in 3-7?

I did, but it ran out. Super proc rates are bad like that.

3-12: 5 turns

Volug + Pass/Resolve, he untransformed on turn 4, but tanked and was able to transform on turn 5 again. Micaiah wasn't useless with physicing. Sothe did something else. Kieran was killed.

3-13: 3 turns

Volug + Beastfoe/Resolve was taken down to 2 hp, but fixed that with a sick OHKO of Ike.

3-E: 5 turns

Boyd ran ahead with hand axes and celerity.

The list of victims:

Kurth

Eddie

Nolan

Aran

Jill

Pelleas

Leonardo

Tauroneo

Zihark

RIP

Meanwhile, everybody else fell behind and the NPCs cooperated.

3-P: 9

3-1: 7+5+4

3-2: 4

3-3: 11

3-4: 10

3-5: 2

3-6: 9

3-7: 12

3-9: 8

3-10: 6

3-11: 8

3-12: 5

3-13: 3

3-E: 5

Total: 108

I'll take it.

4-P: 5 turns

Ilyana cleared 80% of the map with Resolve/Flare. Sothe hit 20 and was incapable of ORKO'ing anything, but at least he had 2-range, which is where Volug struggled. He halfshifted for most of the map, and was usually in Resolve territory. Fortunately, they didn't slow Ilyana down.

I did, but it ran out. Super proc rates are bad like that.

Right, limited number of units would mean it would be used up faster. But what do you mean "super proc rates"? Adept? I guess 3 or even 4 hits against some enemies would use the thing up quicker. Also she basically needs it for good damage.

Right, limited number of units would mean it would be used up faster. But what do you mean "super proc rates"? Adept? I guess 3 or even 4 hits against some enemies would use the thing up quicker. Also she basically needs it for good damage.

Just a combination of adept, crit, and bane. Adept activates really often, and along with Bane, Heather can semi-consistently ORKO any enemy type, though she can one round sages with just a forge. Only adept reduces uses, but it seems like it activates on average once per battle.

4-1: 8 turns

This was a real pain of a chapter. I only brought Heather, Ike, and Nailah to this team, and the problems of a low number of team members showed. Silver knives/daggers are now buyable, and since Heather can 3HKO all the western enemies, she was consistently one rounding enemies. Actually during one attempt, I ignored the eastern generals, who then crossed the camp and were promptly ORKO'd by skills. Ike went south and left a trail of blood and tears as he hunted down those dastardly bishops . The boss was especially annoying, though, as Ike couldn't double her and if she was attacked, she'd run away and get healed if there were any bishops left. Nailah was the LVP, as her lack of 2-range was problematic, and so dealt with the generals for most of the chapter, though she did eventually reach the southeastern corner, killing a bishop along the way and dealing with reinforcements. Ike eventually went to the southwestern corner to finish reinforcements, and I managed to avoid that one druid that pops up at the top of the map, far away from where my guys have gone.

tl;dr This chapter sucks.

I'm hoping Boyd is going to help more in the Hawk Army than he would've in Greil army.

So I have 60000 BEXP to spend. I'd like to convert it to cash plz. So for in 4-2 base, Lucia's str has been boosted by BEXP.

4-2: 7 turns

Boyd was clutch with Celerity/Pass, going straight for the priests. I gave Lucia paragon and she winded up at level 10 with cool stats, all the while helping Boyd over in the eastern area with a solid ORKO rate. Danved went south and procs helped him take out everything in time. Pelleas was crucial with his simple existence and so took care of the reinforcement Warriors from behind.

• 4 weeks later...

4-3: 10 turns

Solid. Volug managed to handle the south despite gauge and no 2-range. Ilyana was MVP again and swept right down the middle and into the lower right corner, taking out the non-attacking units and surviving. She also Meteor'd/Blizzard'd some troublesome units. Micaiah followed in her wake and split to recruit Stefan, who was clutch in clearing out the right column and some reinforcements. Sothe picked up Dragonfoe and the Baselard.

• 5 months later...

According to Narga, this isn't necro posting, so...

3-3: 14 turns. It's so hard with just 2 people + a unit you're not allowed to attack with.

3-4: 9 Turns. This was better, and I think thsi is the average turncount for thsi chapter, so w/e.

3-5: 4 turns. Neph got a lucky adept + crit against the boss, saving me a turn.

3-6: 10 turns. Disappointed I didn't do it faster, but w/e.

I'm using 3-7 to get Ranulf's strike wexp up and Neph x Ike's supprot going faster too (although they won't really be in range of each otehr for chapter 8 taht much).

Other draft reminded me of this.

4-4: 10 turns. In the months since last struggling with this chapter, I forgot what I was trying to do. It probably involved clearing the map before the reinforcement masses started arriving, which I managed to pull off as Nailah with celerity swept first up and left through the closest treasure room, then caught up to Ike, who had been slicing up the middle towards Oliver. The non-moving enemies up there are total wimps, but bringing Nailah up to help proved essential, as then Ike was free to go down and right from there after luring a fire sage reinforcement so he could deal with the snipers on the right side. The finish was quite nice, as Ike broke the treasure room doors on consecutive turns and let the enemies suicide onto him. Ended up missing all treasures but oh well. All the while Heather was able to go slow and clear the lower right path. I also was lucky enough to pull the LEA back with only 3 units and not take a penalty.

4-5: 5 turns. Flight? Boyd just ran straight through the swamp armed with an Aqqar and Beastfoe with long range Dragonfoe support from Pelleas (promoted at 17), who was in turn guarded by Danved, who decided to Impale everything, and Lucia, who decided to crit everything. Danved was involved in some shoving, though I don't know what happened to Smite.

4-E-1: 5 turns

After some base preparation failures, this ended up working. The main thing was avoiding the two sleep staffs going around. There wasn't much of an organized strategy, except a lot of my units when up the wings as opposed to the center, where Ilyana and Heather went. Stillness on Micaiah gets rid of that problem and though I don't have fortify, physic works. Boyd and Nailah got the passes, and they were put to effect in killing Lekain and the two sleep staffs.

4-E-2: 1 turn

Simple enough. Ike brought down the hammer on BK, and Levail got zergrushed. Everything else was for self-benefit.

4-E-3: 2 turns

Somewhere along the way I BEXP'd Nailah to 20 str, and as a result she did 30 damage to Degh with Ena, who had Celerity. Ike with blessed Wyrmslayer and Rexbolt Ilyana were the only other things needed. For the choice blessings, blessed

Brave Sword

Brave Axe

Vague Katti

Rexbolt

Meteor

Fenrir

Wishblade

Peshkatz

Baselard

Purge

4-E-4: 2 turns

I found out that spirits always attack Ilyana with Provoke if she's holding Meteor, so that helped some of my low res units from getting mauled. Everyone rushed down the middle to destroy the guarding spirits, and Nailah with Parity ORKO'd Sephiran, which was good.

Finish yayyyyyyyyyyyyy.

4-E-5: 4 turns

Killed auras. Also killed a lot of my units. Parity/Nihil is cool and so are physics.

Part 4 Total: 59 turns

Total Total: 303 turns

303? Shit. Nicely done.

Thank you.

Thoughts on units in order of join here because I forgot them.

Micaiah

Existence was pretty meh until she became a staffbot.

Sothe

Absolutely ridiculous in Part 1, still good in Part 3, died away in Part 4. As usual.

Ilyana

Her existence helped some areas in Part 1 with reliable 1-2 range. Got rolling toward the end but then was thrown to the GMs, where she had to pick up speed again, but she was fine by about 3-5 and a savior in Part 4.

Volug

Disappointing. Overshadowed in Part 1 by Sothe and Nailah, Part 3 was a standard DB unit, and Part 4 lacked 2-range. Maybe he got screwed over by the route splits and I'm not giving him enough credit, but I don't think I'd take him again at the second pick.

Nailah

Very useful in 1-8 and 1-E, where she was crucial in not having to take a penalty for her. Part 4 non-endgame was, like Volug, hampered by the lack of 2-range, but I quite liked her endgame performance. I'm not sure a royal is that necessary in a draft pt.

Heather

Note: Heather is always worth recruiting for her Pass skill despite maybe having to wait or go out of your way on 2-1.

Surprisingly adequate. Indestructible and Adept + Bane fixed her offense to the point where she was not the rate determining step.

Lucia

Her Part 2 map was as expected; her Part 4 was decent with a BEXP dump. Also of note was her performance in 3-10.

Danved

Not the unit I expected to save penalties in the CRK chapters. I probably should've saved more BEXP for him in 3-9, and when he joined the main force, his offense was lacking. Part 4 with Adept and Impale activating all over the place took care of that.

Ike

He's Ike. He was also quickly overtaken by Boyd because wind edges suck.

Boyd

Started poor (and in case you don't know, 'poor' means 'average' and 'average' means 'kills everything' in context), but with the natural favoritism became an unstoppable death machine.

Pelleas

Another surprise; he definitively shaved turns in both 4-2 and 4-5 and provided physic backup in endgame. Not too bad for second to last pick.

Stefan

Eh...filler.

Ena

I debated between picking her and Nasir for a while, and I don't think I made the wrong choice. Helped kill Degh faster and braves compensated for lack of doubling in 4-E-5.

Well, I'm not really surprised, I had him favourited after I saw his part 2.

And... I'm screwed for 3-13. Master crowned Jill in 3-12... now she sucks. I apparently sold the sleep stave >_> AND Ike's got Ragnell equipped, so basically, I'm screwed and will probably have to go for the 12 chapter clear (unfortunately). This essentially destroys my turn count, but I'll probably continue just out of interest in how hard I find part 4, as I don't think low turning's my thing (see my part 1 turn counts with my pwn team).

However, Rendulf is doing fine, got S rank in strike in 3-8, going for SS. Much, much more useful than Neph thanks to extra mov (although gauge is a bigger problem than I first theorised), and my Ike is completely useless thanks to 24 spd at level 20, this would've helped me for 3-13, but see above >_>.

I did a second run out of boredom and got down to 312, but that's still 9 turns behind Weapons. I'm pretty sure even with the best times of both attempts I'd only be at around 307... Sadface.

Well, I'm not really surprised, I had him favourited after I saw his part 2.

And... I'm screwed for 3-13. Master crowned Jill in 3-12... now she sucks. I apparently sold the sleep stave >_> AND Ike's got Ragnell equipped, so basically, I'm screwed and will probably have to go for the 12 chapter clear (unfortunately). This essentially destroys my turn count, but I'll probably continue just out of interest in how hard I find part 4, as I don't think low turning's my thing (see my part 1 turn counts with my pwn team).

However, Rendulf is doing fine, got S rank in strike in 3-8, going for SS. Much, much more useful than Neph thanks to extra mov (although gauge is a bigger problem than I first theorised), and my Ike is completely useless thanks to 24 spd at level 20, this would've helped me for 3-13, but see above >_>.

What level is Laura? I suppose you could try T-bombing if you have a spare Master Crown.