(FE10) Draft playthrough

BigMeatyClawz

1-P: 9 turns (6 + Edd). Edd critted WITHOUT Wrath, so that was easy :)

1-1: 10 turns (7 + Nolan). Ehh, I'm pretty pleased, Nolan dodged more than I thought he would.

1-2: 11 Turns (8 + Nolan). Nolan missed twice, and if he only missed once, it wouldn't have cost me a turn. :(. Oh well.

1-3: 8 Turns. I got everyone out.

1-4: 8 Turns. Not too difficult, didn't get the coin, pure water or 3000g, though, but oh well.

1-5 shouldn't be too hard, my Meg is speed blessed (14 AS at level 9), and Soteh is obviously pwn. The only problem I can think of is Jill. (Ironically, my third DB unit). I'm going to try for the Shine Barrier, as it might help fend off the pally bombers in 1-6-2.

So, 46 turns (52 after 1-5). I'll be happy if I match or beat Int's time. I'm hoping I'll make up for single digit losses in 2-P, shame the penalty was lowered *Grumbles*. Good luck everyone.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed how massively Part 2 centric my team is. :o I knew it was before, but damn. Although, on GM's, I might actually be able to do pretty well with just Ike and two healers.

Plus Lyre and Brom!

I wonder how Lyre does on NM. She probably still needs a level of bexp in 3-4 for doubling, and 22 mt probably still reeks. Well, you have an energy drop from 2-E (if you can get it) and I guess only WoMC can get the one in 3-5. Still, not sure Brom or Mist or Rhys need it, so Lyre could have 26 mt. It's something. Penalties in 3-1, though. I doubt Ike and the healers can pull it off. Of course, I think a lot of people are probably going to take some penalties for that one.

I just noticed how massively Part 2 centric my team is. :o I knew it was before, but damn. Although, on GM's, I might actually be able to do pretty well with just Ike and two healers.

Plus Lyre and Brom!

I wonder how Lyre does on NM. She probably still needs a level of bexp in 3-4 for doubling, and 22 mt probably still reeks. Well, you have an energy drop from 2-E (if you can get it) and I guess only WoMC can get the one in 3-5. Still, not sure Brom or Mist or Rhys need it, so Lyre could have 26 mt. It's something. Penalties in 3-1, though. I doubt Ike and the healers can pull it off. Of course, I think a lot of people are probably going to take some penalties for that one.

Also, giving Ike the Brave Sword the DB gets should push him from "cool man" to "what the fuck". As for Lyre, I'm sure given the fact that I am only using a very small number of units, she'll have to end up okay. I can literally pour all my resources into her, since there's little other option.

Does the Energy Drop need to be stolen, or not? I'm planning on finishing 2-E very quickly, to make up for higher turns elsewhere, so I was wondering...

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Plus Lyre and Brom!

Also, giving Ike the Brave Sword the DB gets should push him from "cool man" to "what the fuck". As for Lyre, I'm sure given the fact that I am only using a very small number of units, she'll have to end up okay. I can literally pour all my resources into her, since there's little other option.

Does the Energy Drop need to be stolen, or not? I'm planning on finishing 2-E very quickly, to make up for higher turns elsewhere, so I was wondering...

Oh, Lyre should be fine eventually. The problem is what happens until then. She may even end up better than Brom, offensively anyway, if Brom never starts doubling (gauge and no 1-2 range get in the way even if he doesn't double, but it is possible nonetheless.

And the drop is a drop (ugh, sorry all). Draco is to steal, and hence only WoMC even has a crack at the one in 2-E, though given the nature of this playthrough he may not bother.

1-P: Standard stuff, with Edward getting a lucky crit on the third bandit he faced to save me a turn.

Turn Count: 6 + 3 (Edward)

1-1: Nolan cuts through this chapter like the 1-3 boss wishes he’d cut through us.

Turn Count: 6 + 3 (Nolan)

1-2: Nolan baits the Fighter on the ledge while Micaiah holds off the Bronze Lance Soldier, I then had them switch so that Nolan could hold them off as Laura and Miccy bumrushed Sothe. I did some nice Shoving with Micaiah and got Thani.

Turn Count: 7 + 3 (Nolan)

1-3: You know that Javelin Soldier that’s standing where Aran enters the map that doesn’t move? Apparently he starts moving eventually. I learned that the hard way. However, I still did pretty well after like a dozen restarts to get the dance down properly.

Turn Count: 7

1-4: Max Might and Crit forge on Aran with some hit just to make sure Bio doesn’t jew me over. 20-21% Crit is manly, and Aran laughed at Cat damage with Micaiah finishing off Tigers.

1-5: lollerskates.

Turn Count: 6

1-6-1: Sothe rushes ahead with his amazing thicket ignoring prowess while Aran and Micaiah kill the armor reinforcements. Overall a pretty big pain due to enemy AI running instead of continuing to suicide on me. This map really really sucked, and if I lose I’m going to blame my lack of foresight here.

Turn Count: 10

1-6-2: I have Sothe rush up past Fiona to get around the Cav swarm, as Micaiah and the forced units hide in a corner. Sothe baits the boss with ranged, but it breaks annoyingly as I didn’t expect him to go through 2 full Iron Knives in 1-6-1, which probably wasted a turn.

Turn Count: 6

1-7: I promote Aran at Level 18 since Str/Def are capped and Fiona just ate a lot of BEXP in a half assed attempt to make her something other than completely worthless which I’ll probably regret later. Aran OHKOs Myrms at melee and mages with a Javelin and doubles Armors, so he’s pretty much stomped this map into the dirt beneath his heel because nothing really does any damage to him, allowing him to run around and do whatever the fuck he wants. I could have saved a turn if someone had crit the boss or if Fiona wasn't a worthless slut.

Total so far: 62 + 9 penalties = 71 turns

Anyway, I haven't gotten much sleep (which is probably why I mucked up 1-6-1 all over the place), so I'm gonna stop here. I'm pretty sure I can 4 turn 1-8 with only a Tormod penalty though. Also, can someone double check to make sure my total turns is right? I thought it was 7 turns higher but I doubled checked and I think I added wrong. >_>

Edit: Apparently I did add wrong, I counted 1-2's non-penalty twice. Jesus, I was wondering why I would need the stars to align in 1-8 and 1-E. I guess 5-6 turns is more reasonable.

Edited by Paperblade

I didn't even bother with Fiona, which unfortunately did cost me a turn here and there. I gave her a test dump of BEXP to promotion, and her STR turned out so hilariously bad that I just gave up on her.

It's amusing to see that you ran into the exact same problems as I did, right down to underestimating how many knives Sothe would need.

Fuck me, my Meg is level 12 and has gained a speed up every level. :)

1-5: 6 turns. I got the barrier, ready for 1-6-2.

1-6-1: 9 turns. It could've been 8, but Jill missed and important attack (at 90 displayed, too) :(.

Fuck me, my Meg is level 12 and has gained a speed up every level. :)

1-5: 6 turns. I got the barrier, ready for 1-6-2.

1-6-1: 9 turns. It could've been 8, but Jill missed and important attack (at 90 displayed, too) :(.

9 levels, 9 spd? 17 total? Well, you pulled a ~2% chance here. These things happen (lucky you :P ). I got 4 spd out of 5 for Ilyana once. Capped tier 3 by level 20/20/6. That's around 1 or 2 % too, I think. I calc'd it once. Lucky me. Poor tigers and generals.

4+ spd for Ilyana in 5 levels:

(.3)5 + 5(.3)4(.7)

I think that was around 1% or 2%

Cool, you got the barrier. And Jill did something stupid. These things happen, even with 2RNs. I was playing fe5 a bit ago, and sure it's only got 1RN, but I missed like 6 out of 8 with 75%+ hit, and a couple of those were 90+. Not happy. Call it karma for Meg, I suppose.

Anything aside from myrms Meg isn't doubling right now?

Replayed from Chapter 4 (for some reason I had decided to make a backup file, and this is where I decided to, excellent), and got the Robe this time, 14 turns. Bleh.

6-1 also took me 14 turns. Bleh. Did not take any penalties.

The boss, probably, but I haven't checked.

Call it karma for Meg, I suppose.

The karma for Meg is that she's only gained 3 HP, 3 str and 1 def in all those levels too. That was just my bad luck.

The boss, probably, but I haven't checked.

Call it karma for Meg, I suppose.

The karma for Meg is that she's only gained 3 HP, 3 str and 1 def in all those levels too. That was just my bad luck.

Well, the def is a pain. 1 instead of 3.15. The str is on target, unfortunately. And the hp is 2.4 low, since +5.4 is the average for level 12. So yeah, I suppose Meg is facing her own bout of karmic retribution (just not in str).

I think in NM the tigers in 3-6 are mostly 18 AS, as well as those in 3-13. I could be wrong, though. If I'm right, at least she should end up doubling those.

xfd Fiona. Worse hit problems that Gonzales.

But goddamn can she tank.

1-8: Sothe and Aran one round some mages, then Sothe went East and Aran west, as Tormod and Muarim cleared out the bandits and Miccy started to move to kill the bandit in the east.

Turn Count: 5 + 8 (Muarim and Tormod_

1-9: Oval’s strat.

Turn Count: 8

1-E: Stuck Celerity, Pass, Paragon, Brave Sword, Blue Gem, Killing Edge, and Hammer on Ilyana. Promoted Fiona, who has wtf19 Spd but loltastic attack. Ran up the right side letting Aran godstomp everything in sight with help from Sothe and Fiona. Aran with Resolve up ORKOs Jarod. Got the Speedwing and I think the Reaper Card.

Turn Count: 11

Total turncount so far: 86 + 17 = 103

9 behind Oval because of my screw up in 1-6...

Edited by Paperblade

Nice to know I set the bar. Although most people will have an easy time catching up thanks my horrendous part 2 thanks to so many penalties.

Chapter: 2-P

Turns: 9+6

Penalty: Elincia and Nealuchi

Notes: Doing this chapter with the least amount of people being attacked without using Leane was tough. It probably is possible to it with one person, but that person would have to be Elincia and she would have to Stun just about every Draco. Then again I might not have used the best strategy possible so who knows.

Chapter: 2-1

Turns: 8+6

Penalty: Neph and Brom

Notes: Screw this chapter. Neph didn't want to wrath crit the boss on EP so I wasted another turn.

Chapter: 2-2

Turns: 9+8

Penalty: Lucia and Mordy

Notes: Did I mention I hate part 2?

Chapter: 2-3

Turns: 6+3

Penalty: Geoffrey

Notes: Int's strategy. All the NPCs were slaughtered(like they were supposed to), but I had around 40+ enemies left. Astrid pick up a few kills that the yellow dudes would've gotten on the EP anyway. Also the speedwing for Titania. Time to roflstomp part 3. :D

Chapter: 2-E

Turns: 2+5

Penalty: Elincia

Notes: BEXP'd her enough to ORKO Ludveck without stun, and then sent her to do just that.

Part 2 Turns taken: 34

Part 2 Penalties: 28

Part 2 Total: 62

Part 1: 95

Part 2: 62

Total: 157

Edited by oval

Chapter: 2-3

Turns: 6+3

Penalty: Geoffrey

Notes: Int's strategy. All the NPCs were slaughtered(like they were supposed to), but I had around 40+ enemies left. Astrid pick up a few kills that the yellow dudes would've gotten on the EP anyway. Also the speedwing for Titania. Time to roflstomp part 3. :D

It's just too bad that aside from Elincia you had nowhere to put it all. I suppose Astrid can expect whatever Elincia didn't take when you get to 3-9 (potentially).

xfd Fiona. Worse hit problems that Gonzales.

But goddamn can she tank.

I want stats. I think Interceptor said he gave up on her, otherwise I'd ask him, too.

Is she missing a bunch with a forge? I didn't realize she was that bad on NM. I know she might as well be attacking while blind with a Javelin. (It's like d&d with a 50/50 chance)

Well, the def is a pain. 1 instead of 3.15. The str is on target, unfortunately. And the hp is 2.4 low, since +5.4 is the average for level 12. So yeah, I suppose Meg is facing her own bout of karmic retribution (just not in str).

Seems like I struck lucky with Meg, with her stats in my current playthrough, you wouldn't have thought she was bottom tier material. Level 15, 31 HP, 17 Str, 20 Spd (capped, 0.6% chance of happening), 14 Def, 10 Res. Ridiculous.

I think in NM the tigers in 3-6 are mostly 18 AS, as well as those in 3-13. I could be wrong, though. If I'm right, at least she should end up doubling those.

Vykan's enemy stats at FEP say they're 16 AS, and since in HM most tigers were 16AS, I should think that 16AS ones will prevail.

Anyway...

1-6-2: 5. Sothe didn't crit kill the boss :(.

1-7: 8. Jill didn't hit with a hammer :(. Though she only had ~36 displayed, so i suppose it wasn't improbable.

74 turns total. Paperblade's beating me :(.

Ah well, Part 2 is where I planned to catch up anyway.

Seems like I struck lucky with Meg, with her stats in my current playthrough, you wouldn't have thought she was bottom tier material. Level 15, 31 HP, 17 Str, 20 Spd (capped, 0.6% chance of happening), 14 Def, 10 Res. Ridiculous.

Vykan's enemy stats at FEP say they're 16 AS, and since in HM most tigers were 16AS, I should think that 16AS ones will prevail.

Anyway...

1-6-2: 5. Sothe didn't crit kill the boss :(.

1-7: 8. Jill didn't hit with a hammer :(. Though she only had ~36 displayed, so i suppose it wasn't improbable.

74 turns total. Paperblade's beating me :(.

Ah well, Part 2 is where I planned to catch up anyway.

Sorry, I was thinking cats. 20 AS in HM, mostly. Some 22's. So I wonder if there are any 18s. I don't know how I ended up typing tiger instead of cat. There are usually only like two 18 AS tigers in HM, the rest 16. You'll probably encounter a lot of 14 AS tigers, actually.

Can't Sothe 3HKO with a max mt forged iron knife? Or am I remembering wrong? I thought I once gave him adept and he ORKOd the boss in 1-6-2 on my NM testing for supports. (To find out what various testing did, you have to KO the boss eventually, after all, so Sothe and Jill killed that guy so many times.)

Can't Sothe 3HKO with a max mt forged iron knife? Or am I remembering wrong? I thought I once gave him adept and he ORKOd the boss in 1-6-2 on my NM testing for supports. (To find out what various testing did, you have to KO the boss eventually, after all, so Sothe and Jill killed that guy so many times.)

He can. That was my three-turn strategy for 1-6-2, but since it required a crit or Adept activation I deemed it lamesauce and did it the hard way instead.

I don't recall off the top of my head, but I think she's around 20/2 with Rafiel's Seraph Robe... Something like

38HP

10 Str

8 Mag

9 Skl

20 Spd

16 Lck

19 Def

11 Res

With her innate Imbue/Savior and then Adept because Aran 2HKO'd whatever he doubled (including Jarod and Armors) and Sothe needed it less than her.

I had a 100 Hit lance and bad bio matchups or WTD just shot her hit to hell. I think at one point she had like 30 hit with a Javelin on something. She was useful because she doubled nearly everything and the forged lances made her 3-4HKO, but her 2 range was basically nonexistent just because of how bad it was.

2-P: Tried to dance so that only Neal got hit, but failed. Didn’t recruit Haar.

Turn Count: 8 + 6 (Nealuchi and Elincia)

2-1: Unfortunately you’re pretty much forced to take the penalty for both. Fortunately, Brom is awesome.

Turn Count: 8 + 6 (Neph and Brom)

2-2: Pain in the ass with just 1 Wind Edge, but I got a couple lucky crits to save me a turn or 2.

Turn Count: 8 + 4 (Lucia)

2-3: Gogo power Geo. I decide to stay an extra turn for the Speedwing.

Turn Count: 6 + 3 (Geo)

2-E: Powerlevel Calill to 17, capping lolskl and lolres, and 1 away from Spd and like 2 from Mag. Elincia + Meteor offed Luddy. Last chapter with penalties I hope~

Turn Count: 3 + 5 (Elincia)

Part 2 total: 33 + 24 = 57

Total so far: 160

I don't recall off the top of my head, but I think she's around 20/2 with Rafiel's Seraph Robe... Something like

38HP

10 Str

8 Mag

9 Skl

20 Spd

16 Lck

19 Def

11 Res

With her innate Imbue/Savior and then Adept because Aran 2HKO'd whatever he doubled (including Jarod and Armors) and Sothe needed it less than her.

Max mt Steel Forge = 25 mt. 14 damage to 18def tigers and takes a counter.

Reaper Card = 16 mt, magical.

Tigers have mostly 4 res. 12 damage, but no counters even at one range. (I don't think cards enable doubling even with higher spd)

It's a little amusing. Also, after promotion she gets +2 mag. The site says +1 str/def. She's female, though, so can you confirm what she gets on promotion? So assuming +1 str and +2 mag, it turns into 16 damage with physical (+face counter) or 14 damage with magic. And that's assuming you made one in 1-E. At least she'll be more appealing on cats.

Still, nice tank. (Oh, that's after promotion? Ouch. Just noticed. Um, still, great tank at least.)

Edited by Narga_Rocks

1-3: 7 turns

Right side of the map is hell since Sothe doesn't have a knife and Miccy is getting either 1-shotted or doubled by pretty much everyone there, so I went left. There was a lot of Sothe killing stuff and I recruited Aran because I could.

1-4: 10 turns

Gave Ilyana a maxed out thunder forge and so she was able to 2-shot everything. Picked up the coin luckily and decided to go for the Seraph Robe costing me 2 turns. Also got the 3000 g without losing time and grabbed Beastfoe on the last turn. Other than that, Beastkiller Sothe + decoy Ilyana cleaned up nicely.

1-5: 6 turns

Yay, Volug. That's about it.

Total so far: 48 turns.

Edited by WeaponsofMassConstruction

Yeah, I'm probably just gonna have her rescue Micaiah (lol 10/1) and pick off Cats that Sothe failed to kill, while Aran runs around one shotting with Beastfoe. Fortunately, the Reaper Card was one of the 3 treasures I did get (Also got the Speedwing and killed a Thief on the last turn for the Coin).

3-P: Laguz pretty much cleared it themselves. ~_~

Turn Count: 9

3-1: BEXP’d Gat so that he could double Snipers and Generals, which made the chapter pretty easy as far as things go, although it still took longer than I'd liked.

Turn Count: 11

3-2: I had about 30k gold to spend here thanks to having Neph/Brom/Ilyana loaded up with excess crap, and spent it all to make sure the Silver Card went to good use. Ike got Celerity + Provoke, Gatrie Pass and Vantage, and Rolf Paragon and Counter. Sages are funny, Ike and Gatrie both OHKO with melee, and even Rolf with Crossbow ORKOs them. I actually had to restart this chapter once because Ike got chain critted to death. Anyway, baited the boss on turn 3 and killed him on the next turn.

Turn Count: 4

3-3: Ike with Pass/Counter, Rolf with Paragon/Vantage, Gatrie with Celerity/Provoke. Ike and Gats continue their unabashed genocide against Begnion, and Rolf continues to be worse than base Shinon, although at least he one rounds now.

Turn Count: 13

Total Part 3 so far: 47

Total: 207

Yeah, I'm probably just gonna have her rescue Micaiah (lol 10/1) and pick off Cats that Sothe failed to kill, while Aran runs around one shotting with Beastfoe. Fortunately, the Reaper Card was one of the 3 treasures I did get (Also got the Speedwing and killed a Thief on the last turn for the Coin).

Will Aran even take damage from most cats? I suppose Fiona has savior, so yeah she can grab Micaiah pretty easily. I'm curious about everybody's supports. Yours, Interceptor's, everyone else's.

3-3: Ike with Pass/Counter, Rolf with Paragon/Vantage, Gatrie with Celerity/Provoke. Ike and Gats continue their unabashed genocide against Begnion, and Rolf continues to be worse than base Shinon, although at least he one rounds now.

Turn Count: 13

Well of course Rolf continues to be worse. Poor guy starts 4 str and 5 spd below. Even with his insane str growth that is still 5 or 6 levels to pull off just a tie with base Shinon. And that 45% spd growth? That's why it takes too long to matter much on HM. And on NM the crossbow and other variants are less bad so his low def stat matters, too. Poor poor Rolf.

I suppose the halbs in 3-3 only have 19 AS, so go Gats!