(FE10) Draft playthrough

BigMeatyClawz

Actually the main problem would be whoever gets the first pick in certain games(FE8 and 9 mostly) would win. We did an FE8 draft on Gamefaqs. Turns out whoever got Seth(me) won without a hitch. I'd assume the same thing would occur with whoever picked Titania in an FE9 one. That's why I initially chose this game for a draft playthrough in the first place. The path splits make it so whoever gets Top/High tier people doesn't automatically win.

Hm, I guess we could ban the jeigan-y unit...

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the main problem would be whoever gets the first pick in certain games(FE8 and 9 mostly) would win. We did an FE8 draft on Gamefaqs. Turns out whoever got Seth(me) won without a hitch. I'd assume the same thing would occur with whoever picked Titania in an FE9 one. That's why I initially chose this game for a draft playthrough in the first place. The path splits make it so whoever gets Top/High tier people doesn't automatically win.

There should be some rule that could be set up for most games to make it not an instant win for someone. Even if the rules get a little complex for some games.

There should be some rule that could be set up for most games to make it not an instant win for someone. Even if the rules get a little complex for some games.

Yeah. Just ban Seth and Titania outright.

Yeah. Just ban Seth and Titania outright.

I'd rather allow all to use them until some chapter along the way. If they are banned then the rest of your characters likely end up at a higher level making the earliest ones more powerful than they'd otherwise be. If Titania/Seth is allowed earlier, it forces the decision between higher levels or lower turns to start. Also start making them forbidden before their best period ends. Like maybe chapter 8 for Titania in PoR rather than 12 or something.

3-1 = 22 turns (12 + Titania/Gatrie)

189 turns, I'm 10 turns behind Oval. And this is likely to increase to 12 after 3-2. (It'd be 8 is Oval didn't change the 2-P penalties). So... I have a lot of work to do.

Neph hasn't promoted yet BTW. Even after bexp in 3-2.

3-1 = 22 turns (12 + Titania/Gatrie)

189 turns, I'm 10 turns behind Oval. And this is likely to increase to 12 after 3-2. (It'd be 8 is Oval didn't change the 2-P penalties). So... I have a lot of work to do.

Neph hasn't promoted yet BTW. Even after bexp in 3-2.

How much bexp did you get in 2-3? And did you end up spending on Elincia to get 3 str? I'm not saying it was a bad idea (since it is probably necessary in this draft), just saying that is probably why she isn't promoted.

2-3: 8 turns + 3 (Geoffrey)

I hate this chapter. The spam of enemies at the end sucks. Anyways, I loaded Devdan and Geoffrey up with miscellaneous stuff so when I got the speedwing, I could send it to convoy, which is what actually happened. Devdan lived on the edge with 1 hp and one of the ally bishops was amazing with his physic staff. Brave lance'd the door and the boss and stayed away from the steel longbows.

2-P: 2 turns + 5 (Elincia)

Loaded everyone going to the GMs up and spent all my cash. Hammer + Meteor + Arms Scroll + bunch of Killers were the highlights.

3 points of str to ORKO Ludveck. I moved Elincia to a square directly next to the ledge and so she was attacked by an archer, but she lived and took no crap from the thunder mage. Heather is at level 13 and tried to do stuff.

2-P: 8+3

2-1: 8+3

2-2: 7

2-3: 8+3

2-E: 2+5

Part 1 Total: 89

Part 2 Total: 47

Total Total: 136

EDIT:

3-P: 9 turns

Gave Adept/Vantage to Boyd and Counter/Provoke to Ike and. A cat somehow made its way up the left path, which was kinda cool.

And Heather glitched out of her movement range like Tibarn the Astronaut in 2-2.

3-1: 7 turns + 5 + 4 (Titania and Shinon)

Boyd was absolutely insane and hand axe'd his way to that one hidden halb. Ike held the upper left bushes and Titania took care of the generals. Shinon contributed, but I wasn't sure if I absolutely needed him. Lethe and Lyre got themselves killed, but were proclaimed war heroes in the process for helping against penalties.

3-2: 4 turns

I was originally going to steal the bolting, but Heather doesn't have enough str, and I have meteor anyway, so whatever. Ike + Celerity took care of business and Ilyana is getting like 60 exp per kill. Ilyana and Boyd both have 20 spd. On the other side of the map, I ran Heather through with Disarm and watched some epic dodge tanking.

Edited by WeaponsofMassConstruction

Looks like WoMC has this in the bag. He's 28 turns ahead of me, and 18 turns ahead of Oval.

How much bexp did you get in 2-3? And did you end up spending on Elincia to get 3 str? I'm not saying it was a bad idea (since it is probably necessary in this draft), just saying that is probably why she isn't promoted.

I believe I got Neph from level ~7 to level 13 from 2-3's bexp, and I got her to level 18 from 3-P's & 3-1's bexp. I gave it all to Neph (though I think I maxed out Ike's level from, like, 80 exp in 3-2). Marcia got the bexp accumulated from 2-P to 2-2 to help her in 2-3. TBH, It's not possible to promote Neph in 2-E alone, anyway. So considering I gave a few kills to Marcia in 2-3, I think I got lucky.

She's still a beast though, with capped HP, spd and skill and 23 luck at level 18. The only thing that's screwed is her def by 3 points, but 92 avo is good enougth for the most part, and teh HP balances it out a bit.

Edited by kirsche

Haar's still keeping my chances alive though for obvious reasons. (lol 11 move+savior+flying+the ability to 1RKO almost everything in Part 3 with a Hand Axe or Tomahawk.) The only concern is WOMC has a slight lead on me up to 3-2 which is when I go on a WTFpwning spree. (Starting with 3-2 in 2 turns btw) Regardless it might come down to me and WOMC but I haven't counted anyone else out yet.

I was bored so I made a leader board and broke it down by parts. I might have missed some posts so tell me if I did.These are mostly accurate except I think some people didn't count the +1 turns for defense chapters and some did.

Part 1:

WoMC: 89

Oval: 95

King_Soren: 96/97

Paperblade: 103

Kirsche: 105

Fia: NA(Missing 1-2)

Ether: NA

Part 2:

WoMC:47

Kirsche: 51

Paperblade: 57

Fia:55

Oval: 62

King_Soren:NA

Ether:NA

Part 3:

Oval: 101

Paperblade: 115

WoMC:NA

Fia:NA

Kirsche:NA

Ether: NA

Part 4:

Paperblade:57

Oval:64

Total:

Oval: 323

Paperblade:332

How did you do 2-E in 1 turn. I thought we already covered this >_>. Forgot you had Leanne AN Elincia. >_>

Lolast in part 1. That's what you call RNG screwage for you.

Edited by kirsche

These chapters were kinda meh.

3-3: 11 turns

Got everything but the master crown cause I planned incorrectly. Ike + Boyd went left while Heather went right still with pass. Ilyana + Soren trailed, Ilyana gets a level every two kills and hit 22 spd. Ehh

3-4: 10 turns

Promoted Heather at base, gave her adept, and watched a lot of procs. She was killing while doing 4 damage a hit and had hit leads while at a ledge disadvantage. Bought another Arms Scroll and got Ilyana up to C Fire. Boyd + Ilyana went left and gained levels while Ike + Heather ran up the right and cleared the way for Ranulf. Also, wind edges suck.

Is it possible for Bane to activate on a kill hit?

3-5 is meteor time.

3-5 is meteor time.

I take it this means that Heather is about to give Ilyana a gift? (It's a lot easier with Reyson, though. And I'm not sure the turns lost from attempting it without him are worth it in this thing. Is Meteor really going to save 1 or 2 turns later?)

Or I guess you mean ORKOing the boss on turn 1 with Ilyana. Oops.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Assuming the boss doesn't heal (can't remember if he does, I think he has an elixir but...) (Edited: I was thinking of the boss of 3-2 I knew one had an elixer) or any bs such as rng abusing for a skill activation it should take WOMC at least 2 turns to beat 3-5 seeing as it took a song from reyson for Soren for a 1 turn victory. Still I'm not taking any healers or anything into account here, seeing as Haar just flew up and 1RKO'd him with the 'hawk on turn 2 I don't really remember anything from this chapter.

Speaking of which:

3-5: 2 turns

Edited by King_Soren

Assuming the boss doesn't heal (can't remember if he does, I think he has an elixir but...) or any bs such as rng abusing for a skill activation it should take WOMC at least 2 turns to beat 3-5 seeing as it took a song from reyson for Soren for a 1 turn victory. Still I'm not taking any healers or anything into account here, seeing as Haar just flew up and 1RKO'd him with the 'hawk on turn 2 I don't really remember anything from this chapter.

Speaking of which:

It could take longer, actually. Boss has 23 AS, so 27 AS minimum. Even capping and promoting Ilyana still leaves her at 26 AS. She needs 38 mt to 2HKO him, so tier 3 gives 28 magic and Meteor gives 8 mt. Since it is not possible to get an A with Boyd this quick, that would need more mag than just promotion as well.

So, 3 rounds with Meteor and no other units helping. 31 mt needs 23 mag, much more reasonable, but of course what if he gets healed? It is just two mend staff users, though, and I don't think they start near the boss. I don't think the Horseslayer user is near enough for the boss to grab the vulnerary, and I don't think there are any other vulnerary users nearby. Could be wrong, though.

3-P: Used Titania and Shinon, 9 turns + 6= 15 Turns total

Meh, not very good at all, had little choice though

3-1: Used Shinon and Titania, 12 turns + 9= 21 turns total

Fuck my life :D.

3-2: 10 turns total

This is where things start picking up. :D That Brave Sword from DB was super awesome here.

Adept helped. Ilyana Meteor'd the boss and traded it out to stay alive to finish him.

3-6: 9 turns

Somewhere during this level, Volug capped str so doubling Ike will not be a problem. Other than that, Beastfoe + Resolve untransformed up got him to level 24 with decent levelups while he was one shotting cats and living on the edge. On about turn 7 I let him transform and just... :blink: Sothe Savior'd Miccy and went right, sticking to bushes for defense. I probably should've kept the original support to help one shot cats and dodge better since Volug support isn't really doing anything.

3-7: 12 turns

Not sure what happened that made me take this long. I thought it was going perfectly fine...