(FE10) Draft playthrough

BigMeatyClawz

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I caused the loss of Meg, so he's stuck with just Aran in part 1. Gatrie and Rolf and Ike for a while in part 3. Ulki makes fun in 3-7 and beyond. Tibarn for part 4, Skrimir for some of the other part 4 chapters. Not sure about Calill, but maybe bexp saves the day again. I think Kirsche, but I could be wrong.

Haha, I'm doing well if you can't guess why I picked Calill.

My best guess would be Meteor in 2-E and taking the penalty with Elincia to KO Ludveck. She's a +5 in 2-E, so you could probably score a 7 if you 2 turn it. Not sure if it is safe to bring Elincia within striking range, though. Beyond that, I can't come up with anything. Not sure what she does for your 3-9, though she is your only free unit there. Beyond that, it takes a while for her to be good.

So my guess is just 2-E and 3-9.

You're missing something. ;/

Edit: I'm slightly frustrated by having to take penalties in 1-P, 1-1, 1-2 (maybe 1-8) and 2-1, 2-2, and 2-3 (maybe 2-E as well, not sure yet), but I don't know if it's enough to screw me over yet, especially since there are plenty of others taking some penalties there plus later into Part 1 and early in Part 3.

Edited by Paperblade

I guess I caused the loss of Meg, so he's stuck with just Aran in part 1. Gatrie and Rolf and Ike for a while in part 3. Ulki makes fun in 3-7 and beyond. Tibarn for part 4, Skrimir for some of the other part 4 chapters. Not sure about Calill, but maybe bexp saves the day again. I think Kirsche, but I could be wrong.

Haha, I'm doing well if you can't guess why I picked Calill.

My best guess would be Meteor in 2-E and taking the penalty with Elincia to KO Ludveck. She's a +5 in 2-E, so you could probably score a 7 if you 2 turn it. Not sure if it is safe to bring Elincia within striking range, though. Beyond that, I can't come up with anything. Not sure what she does for your 3-9, though she is your only free unit there. Beyond that, it takes a while for her to be good.

So my guess is just 2-E and 3-9.

You're missing something. ;/

Edit: I'm slightly frustrated by having to take penalties in 1-P, 1-1, 1-2 (maybe 1-8) and 2-1, 2-2, and 2-3 (maybe 2-E as well, not sure yet), but I don't know if it's enough to screw me over yet, especially since there are plenty of others taking some penalties there plus later into Part 1 and early in Part 3.

4-5? Meteor a tiger that is next to the boss so Tibarn can KO?

Or maybe her dark affinity on someone?

I guess if those aren't it then I'll just have to wait until you feel ready to tell us.

And yeah, lots of people are facing issues. I think the best teams may be yours, Ether's, and kirsche's. Of course, performance matters, too.

(Edit: Also, wishblade? Micaiah w/purge + Calill w/meteor or blizzard can KO Levail on turn 1. And I suppose using Meteor/Blizzard on the spirits surrounding Seph, though with the lack of Nasir the only type she doubles is thunder spirits)

Edited by Narga_Rocks

It actually has nothing to do with her attacking capabilities.

It sure can't be her durability, so I'm out of ideas. I already said her affinity, but since you didn't answer that I'm going to have to assume it isn't. Not sure what else she does aside from a bit of healing after crowning.

It actually has nothing to do with her attacking capabilities.

Free Nihil?

Added a meatshielding rules to the list because I didn't mention them. Also added a rule allowing you deploy one undrafted 6 move unit to 3-3.

I don't see why. Aren't you allowed to have her base conversation even if you don't pick her? You can grab her Nihil then. It must be something else.

kirsche has a pretty dynamite team, now.

Yeah, I'm really surprised i got what I have. Especially Ranulf, I was incredibly surprised to see people chosing units like Danved and Ilyana over him. Not that they're not useful, I suppose.

I guess Nephinel. Nealuchi and Neph for 2-2 and 2-E.

Marcia as well, for 2-E, I mean.

Edit: Could you define meatshielding? Does that include putting Fiona on a ledge in 3-13 and just having her wait there?

Edited by kirsche

Marcia as well, for 2-E, I mean.

You are right.

Edit: Could you define meatshielding? Does that include putting Fiona on a ledge in 3-13 and just having her wait there?

I should think that if a unit does not enter battle then it is okay. However, a unit must first be deployed, and Fiona is not forced in 3-13. So Fiona won't even be on the field. Only 3 units are forced: Tauroneo, Micaiah, Sothe. For anyone with no DB members, they are stuck with just them for ledge-blocking, and of course Tauroneo can't enter battle without a penalty, which makes the hawks annoying even if he can avoid encounters with cats/tigers.

maybe 1 or 2 units for ledge blocking should be permitted, as I'm not certain how doable it is without units to block ledges. I guess it is doable, though.

King_Soren only has Leo + the 3.

WoMC only has Volug + the 3.

Fia only has Nolan + the 3.

kirsche has Jill + Laura + Meg + the 3.

Paperblade has Aran + the 3.

Ether has Edward + the 3.

Oval has Zihark + the 3.

Nobody has Fiona yet.

Wow, kirsche has a pretty big advantage for this chapter. I say don't allow anybody else to be deployed.

King_Soren has Leo for the right ballista for more accuracy than the archer over there, or for ledge blocking, I suppose. I'm not sure who is the most screwed, but I think this ups Fiona's value significantly.

Um, anybody notice how for the two hardest defend chapters kirsche probably has the biggest number of eligible units? Of course, in 3-5 he's got 2 units. Ike and Nephenee. But I'm not sure that will even be an issue given which units he has there.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

It sure can't be her durability, so I'm out of ideas. I already said her affinity, but since you didn't answer that I'm going to have to assume it isn't. Not sure what else she does aside from a bit of healing after crowning.

I'm thinking he's intending to BEXP her to 10, crown her, dump on Arms Scrolls, and then have her Physic heal. He doesn't have any other units for 3-9. But I wouldn't do that, I'd do something else, so maybe that's not his plan.

Wow, kirsche has a pretty big advantage for this chapter. I say don't allow anybody else to be deployed. [...]

Um, anybody notice how for the two hardest defend chapters kirsche probably has the biggest number of eligible units? Of course, in 3-5 he's got 2 units. Ike and Nephenee. But I'm not sure that will even be an issue given which units he has there.

Now you know why I think his army is the best. He's basically got an answer to everything important, it's just a matter of being precise about resource allocation.

Probably one of the reasons why Int said I had a dynamite team.

I feel sorry for everyone else in 3-13, I have Jill to help defend against Hawks. While you lot have... Nobody. Except the ballistae archers, I suppose. Though they're useless against anyone after turn 5 or so (Once the ammo runs out.), or perhaps beforehand, depending on how early they get swamped by the laguz.

I say don't allow anybody else to be deployed.

Lol I agree. I'd be given a massive advantage against everyone else with that. (As in, I could get Jill to kill Ike for me).

Are there no penalties for using the CRKs in 2-E? There are only penalties for Elincia and Marcia. What about Geoffrey, Kieran, Danved, Makalov, Astrid?

And wow, everybody else has like 0 or 1 or 2 starting units in 2-E. And they can take a penalty for Elincia or Marcia or both. And some people get to use some members of the CRK when they show up.

But kirsche has 3 units bought and paid for to use and can throw on Elincia for a 5 turn penalty if necessary. It may not even be necessary.

He may need some bexp for Marcia to clear 3-9, though she could have a brave lance if he chooses to keep it there. So maybe Nephinel won't happen for 3-2, but I think she could be fairly high-leveled. 2-3 may be one of his harder chapters, but Geoffrey's a 3 in both 2-3 and 3-9, so it might not matter much. 3-P and 3-1 will result in more penalties than others have, though.

3-P and 3-1 will result in more penalties than others have, though.

They have partner/other units though, and Lethe isn't terribad in 3-1, I think. Lyre can be a meatshield/attention attracter. Maybe I'll use Mia or Boyd to help a bit, but those chapters seem pretty easy when it comes to limiting penalties IMO.

But kirsche has 3 units bought and paid for to use and can throw on Elincia for a 5 turn penalty if necessary. It may not even be necessary.

If my calculations are correct, it shouldn't be.

He may need some bexp for Marcia to clear 3-9

I probably will, but I'll check Marcia stats by 2-E. I'll see if she can take down Roark by herself like I want her to. If not, I'll bexp her and pray for Spd, Strength and Def. I assume restarting parts is allowed if we want to change our strategy and give certain units more Cexp?

Edited by kirsche

Well, kirsche's part 3 is going to be a BEXP bonanza for Nephenee, since Ike doesn't need much of it at all. She'll have a nice boost immediately in 3-2, even if some of the turn limits get whiffed. So a modified Nephinel would be appropriate, owing to Marcia.

Edited by Interceptor

Well, kirsche's part 3 is going to be a BEXP bonanza for Nephenee, since Ike doesn't need much of it at all. She'll have a nice boost immediately in 3-2, even if some of the turn limits get whiffed. So a modified Nephinel would be appropriate, owing to Marcia.

I want to bexp Ranulf for Rend though :/, so it'd be preferrable if Marcia gets the level up's I want her to.

I want to bexp Ranulf for Rend though :/, so it'd be preferrable if Marcia gets the level up's I want her to.

Your first Satori sign comes in 3-7 on Ulki. Ranulf starts at level 26. So he needs 1350 x 1.5 + 1400 x 1.5 + 1450 x 1.5 + 1500 x 1.5 to hit level 30. That is 1425 x 6 = 8550 bexp or less. You get 5000 just for doing 3-7.

You can probably have Nephinel and Rendulf and still have enough to spend a fair amount in 3-9 on Marcia and get her near promotion in 3-11. There is a lot of bexp on NM.

edit: Besides, Nephinel is probably too important for 3-5. Aside from Ike, she's all you got. Speaking of, I suppose an Ike support is in Nephenee's future?

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Your first Satori sign comes in 3-7 on Ulki. Ranulf starts at level 26. So he needs 1350 x 1.5 + 1400 x 1.5 + 1450 x 1.5 + 1500 x 1.5 to hit level 30. That is 1425 x 6 = 8550 bexp or less. You get 5000 just for doing 3-7.

Lol, I overestimated how hard NM is, it seems.

I suppose an Ike support is in Nephenee's future?

Lol, I overestimated how hard NM is, it seems.

Compare and contrast to HM:

2600 x 1.5 = 3900 bexp. You get 2500 for 3-7 alone. He can't even get two thirds of a level off of 3-7, but in NM he gets 2 levels and 875 bexp out of 2175 on his way to level 29. So from one chapter he hits level ~28.4. Instead of 26.64.

And you only have 3 units until Marcia reappears. You can probably cap Ike off around 3-8 or before if you want. Or basically as soon as he caps str and skl. Nephenee gets a decent amount from 2-3 in 2-E, so most of your part 3 bexp can go towards Ike and Ranulf, and Ranulf just needs <2 chapters worth.

The only question, really, is how much to give to Nephenee and how much to save for Marcia in 3-9. And you get 3000 bexp just for clearing 2-E, so that's almost a good 2 levels for Marcia in 3-9 right there. If she is 20/8, it is two levels. Though she should be much higher.

Of course, Marcia's bexp goes into hp/spd/lck for a while. By level 12, though, bexp should have capped her hp and spd.

lck, skl, def, res, str. Aside from lck, they are all within .1. Also, the bexp dump that caps her hp and spd will probably split between lck and skl, so that should allow skl to cap sooner. She might actually get str, though it is unlikely that a bunch of bexp levels will get her past 20 str for level xx/20, which is unfortunate. She'll still be pretty durable, and Brave Lance alleviates some of the str issues. (Marcia x Ranulf support?)

One downside is that you lack Hammerne users until part 4. I doubt anyone can actually get Sothe to Lethe or Mordy in 3-6, so stealing the Hammerne from the GMs is not really possible.

However, Brave Lance is likely only to be necessary in 3-9. And if you save enough villages, you can probably promote Marcia in 3-11.

(edit: that is, in NM with only 3 or 4 units that can be used. On HM they come to you, so even like this it could be possible. In NM, Lethe and Mordy never move. I suppose your team might be able to pull it off, though. Saviour Jill carrying Sothe or something.)

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Again you guys are underappreciating a Growth whore on normal mode with favoritism.Between Paragon/BEXP,Ed is third tier by 3-13,and Smashes Ike on turn 3 or so,screw chokepoints.

It doesn;t take much,Ike equips an Iron sword at the end of 3-11,and Ed deals 16x2 damage Minimum with Caladbolg,Ike then attacks on enemy phase and takes 11x2,so he dies the enemy phase after Eddie gets to him,no problem.