(FE10) Draft playthrough

BigMeatyClawz

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that one we had a static 3 turn for every character so I don't think it was from there. Tbh I have no idea were/why I decided to give Sothe a penalty. I think I should stop spending like a third of my day on here I think I;m going crazy.

Hey, I have a question.

If I do something like, say, leave Tormod and friends as NPCs in 1-7 on purpose, will it count against me if they go on a rampage and clear the map for me? >_>

That is... A really good idea.

Hey, I have a question.

If I do something like, say, leave Tormod and friends as NPCs in 1-7 on purpose, will it count against me if they go on a rampage and clear the map for me? >_>

Tormod won't rampage (he goes towards Sothe) and Muarim and Vika mostly surround Tormod. I don't remember if they even attack after the first turn.

Well, I could still have Sothe play keep away with Shade on so they go after the others. >_>

Doesn't the AI prefer attacking Laguz because lolwastegauge?

Hopefully. It's too bad enemies move before allies, though. But yeah, you could have Sothe run around while Tormod runs up to him. And I'm not 100% on what Muarim and Vika do. Like, if there is an enemy 2 spaces away from Tormod if Muarim will stand adjacent to Tormod and attack the thing or just stand there. Or Vika with canto might fly 4 squares to attack if she can get back to Tormod in 4 turns. I just remember this one time where I forgot to shove Sothe over enough to recruit Tormod on turn 2 and so Tormod moves left, then Muarim and Vika surround him with an enemy there and I couldn't get to Tormod with Sothe because none of my nearby units (aside from Sothe) were capable of actually killing the thing.

Anyway, it may work better than I think it will.

Either way, I really don't think it should be illegal. They are green, after all.

Unrelated Question: has anybody ever just not talked to Tormod at all? How does he end up forced in 1-8 if he isn't recruited?

Unrelated Question: has anybody ever just not talked to Tormod at all? How does he end up forced in 1-8 if he isn't recruited?

I haven't tried it, but I think it's reasonable to assume he'll auto-join at the end of the map.

Leaving Tormod or any recruitable unit green(Haar and Heather are the only others) is fine.

*Janaff, Ulki, Volke*

Don't Heather and Haar not get recruited?

Well Janaff and Ulki don't do anything to possibly help complete the chapter so I left them out. Volke does God knows what in his little corner until you interrupt, and I'm sure most people will recruit him just so they can make overkill forges like I do. I'm pretty sure that Heather and Haar don't get recruited if you don't talk, but if you don't have either of them there really isn't much of a point. You know I've never seen what Haar does if you don't recruit him. What would happen if he, while he was an NPC, killed the boss. Would you get the short axe? Or would he get it and run off with it?

Well Janaff and Ulki don't do anything to possibly help complete the chapter so I left them out. Volke does God knows what in his little corner until you interrupt, and I'm sure most people will recruit him just so they can make overkill forges like I do. I'm pretty sure that Heather and Haar don't get recruited if you don't talk, but if you don't have either of them there really isn't much of a point. You know I've never seen what Haar does if you don't recruit him. What would happen if he, while he was an NPC, killed the boss. Would you get the short axe? Or would he get it and run off with it?

For some reason I thought you were answering my questions about the auto-join. Not the others' question about letting them do stuff while green was permitted.

Yeah, Ulki and Janaff just move like 4 squares each turn and there is no way they'll ever meet much in the way of enemies.

And I think Haar just sits there on the square in which he entered the map if you don't talk to him. I've never let him stay green beyond when he first shows up, though. I always recruit him the first turn he's recruitable, so I wouldn't really know if he attacks anything.

It's possible to miss both Haar and Heather. I doubt you can miss Tormod and friends since don't they talk after 1-E?

I think RFoF is right and they'll just auto-join. Like you said, they have a whole cutscene later on.

On my current Mage-Only Playthrough I did not recruit Haar during 2-P.

He comes into the map and does move ( 3 times I think ) along the eastern edge of the sky. Once he is near the bottom of the map he ends up leaving the area . . . never to be seen from again.

I thought he might still be a base conversation for Elincia . . . he wasn't. I thought he might join up with the GMs . . . he didn't.

If you don't talk to him he won't join your team. So for the purposes of this draft playthrough only King_Soren should talk to him.

On my current Mage-Only Playthrough I did not recruit Haar during 2-P.

He comes into the map and does move ( 3 times I think ) along the eastern edge of the sky. Once he is near the bottom of the map he ends up leaving the area . . . never to be seen from again.

I thought he might still be a base conversation for Elincia . . . he wasn't. I thought he might join up with the GMs . . . he didn't.

If you don't talk to him he won't join your team. So for the purposes of this draft playthrough only King_Soren should talk to him.

Not necessarily. His items are still everyone's property, as are any benefits that may come from Haar Base Conversations.

Steel Axe, Javelin, Vul, Corrosion, Physic.

Seeing as the chapter you recruit Haar in will be 6 for everyone I'll leave it up to Oval if he will allow you all to recruit him.

Edit: oops didn't notice the 2-P penalties. Still it will be up to Oval tho

Edited by King_Soren

If you don't recruit Haar, Marcia takes his place and doesn't go with the CRKs. Speaking of the CRKS, what happens if you don't get one, or if you get stuck with Astrid?

It'll be hard, that's all.

Also, as the rules go, recruiting Haar if he isn't your pick is fine, as long as he doesn't involve himself in combat, heal, build supports or steal or find hidden items.

If you don't recruit Haar, Marcia takes his place and doesn't go with the CRKs. Speaking of the CRKS, what happens if you don't get one, or if you get stuck with Astrid?

It'll be hard, that's all.

Also, as the rules go, recruiting Haar if he isn't your pick is fine, as long as he doesn't involve himself in combat, heal, build supports or steal or find hidden items.

I wonder, though. What about simply moving the forced characters not on your team? Now, sometimes it would be unavoidable, like if you want to prevent Neph from entering combat at all in 2-1 you likely have to move her. Also the GMs in 3-1 because of the reinforcements.

But what about Leo in 1-P? If someone chooses to give Micaiah the draco and make her use it in 1-P, shouldn't you not be allowed to bring Leo closer to her? ie: she must go to him?

I'm not sure how often specific situations like that come up, though. I think that may be the only time.

Moving undrafted forced characters is fine. They can trade items too. However, once they engage in combat(armed or not) you will get a penalty for it. Yes this means everyone except Ether will be penalized for 1-P, but will that's the only way I find it fair because like half of Edward's utility comes from the first couple of chapters, and if we allow him for everyone to use I doubt anyone would pick him or characters in similar circumstances.

Moving undrafted forced characters is fine. They can trade items too. However, once they engage in combat(armed or not) you will get a penalty for it. Yes this means everyone except Ether will be penalized for 1-P, but will that's the only way I find it fair because like half of Edward's utility comes from the first couple of chapters, and if we allow him for everyone to use I doubt anyone would pick him or characters in similar circumstances.

What if we don't use Eddie in 1-P?

Serious question is serious. Then we'd be scot free, right, unless you have some other thing to tell us.

But everyone except whoever took Nephenee, and me are screwed in 2-1

Edited by Fia