Anyone got a good SNES game to reccomend to me?

Earthbound

Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past

Chrono Trigger

Secret of Mana

Secret of Evermore

Illusion of Gaia

Bahamut Lagoon

Fire Emblem: Geneology of the Holy War

Fire Emblem: Thracia 776

Super Mario RPG

7th Saga

Drakkhen (for lulz)

Breath of Fire I

Breath of Fire II

Damn, I can't believe I came late to this topic.

Dragon Quest IV - VI

Dragon Quest IV is on the NES, PlayStation, and DS, but not the SNES.

I wholeheartedly second the recommendation of DQ V and VI though. I'd argue they're both among the top five games on the system, but they're constantly overlooked, even by RPG fans. You can probably tell I'm a fan of the signature from my name and avatar.

You might want to hold of on DQ V if you have a DS, though.

Edited by Hero

Earthbound, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Phantasia, and Breath of Fire are the only RPG's for the SNES I am going to recomend since I haven't played super mario rpg yet, Chrono Trigger is out on the DS, and the Final Fantasy 4 DS version of the game is vastly superior to the SNES version.

The one you are probably going to want to play the most though is Earthbound

Earthbound, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Phantasia, and Breath of Fire are the only RPG's for the SNES I am going to recomend since I haven't played super mario rpg yet, Chrono Trigger is out on the DS, and the Final Fantasy 4 DS version of the game is vastly superior to the SNES version.

The one you are probably going to want to play the most though is Earthbound

You've played the SNES DQ games and don't recommend them? Also, why not Breath of Fire II?

Final Fantasy IV for the SNES is also fine, I've heard, if you download the Japanese version and use the fan retranslation patch. That way you get all the stuff that was cut from the American release as well as more functional English. You might want to do this if you can't play the DS version, or like me dislike the art style that it shares with the DS version of Final Fantasy III.

One major caveat about any Final Fantasy game past the first one: Unlike a Dragon Warrior game, you're going to need to have a walkthrough of some kind at hand throughout the whole game. There are lots of items and secrets hidden in silly places you would never think to look, most practically useless but some extremely powerful or important.

Edited by Hero

Check out Terranigma, Live a Live, Earthbound. Terranigma is a very fun game, and is kinda interesting on account of being set in a vaguely realistic world. Live a Live is kinda weird, but IMO is pretty fun and has an incredible soundtrack. EB is one of the most incredible things ever.

I haven't played DQV and VI, but based on my experiences with other DQ games, I am sure they are worth your time. The only game I did not enjoy that was listed here is Secret of Evermore.

Drakkhen (for lulz)
Haha. I never owned that, but one of my bro's friends did. Whenever I played I would wander into the cross-filled area in the middle of the map with tons of dragons and get my ass kicked.
One major caveat about any Final Fantasy game past the first one: Unlike a Dragon Warrior game, you're going to need to have a walkthrough of some kind at hand throughout the whole game. There are lots of items and secrets hidden in silly places you would never think to look, most practically useless but some extremely powerful or important.

I actually think that once you have played one or two this starts being not so much of a problem. Certain things come to mind (excalibur in FFIV) but I think that as long as you can identify "progress points" and avoid them until you've looked around everywhere else, you'll beat the game easily as long as you're not aiming for 100% completion.

There's one (pretty sure it's SNES) RPG that I've been unable to track down. I'm pretty sure it's a one-character game w/ a sort of "ground-up" main character (i.e. pick class you want, no real backstory). You're hunting down some sort of macguffins (gems, orbs, emblems) that have some kind of special power, there are other heroes doing the same thing. I'm pretty sure there's an optional boss-fight part of the way through that's very difficult against one of the other heroes, who's pulling the strings for some heretofore unknown evil side or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Shadow Run, Seiken Densetsu, Super Robot war 4, these are the good snes games you want.

And YOU HAVE TO PLAY Shin Megami Tensei 1&2, two very good (but also very hard) snes game.

Well, except SRW 4, all of the games above are English.

Edited by Ga-rei Sulley