Luminothe

I was posting this topiic wondering what everyone thought about 2012. I have heard many theories on the topic but I am curious to know what people on this forums think.

Somthing interesting to note is the fact that apocalypse does not mean " end off the world". it means "unveiling".

Also, if the only reason you're posting here is to call it bullshit, please stay away.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was posting this topiic wondering what everyone thought about 2012. I have heard many theories on the topic but I am curious to know what people on this forums think.

Somthing interesting to note is the fact that apocalypse does not mean " end off the world". it means "unveiling".

Also, if the only reason you're posting here is to call it bullshit, please stay away.

Bolded

So basically you only want theories on how it will happen not whether or not it will happen. The two boldeds contradict as you don't want any thoughts agaisnt the theory of 2012.

2012 is based on the astrological alignment of certain heavenly bodies that happens every 10,000 years.

2012 is lacking of any substancial evidence and the belief of it will bring out the worst in humans during that period of time.

Why should we care? If it's the end of the world or whatever and we can't stop it, we can't stop it so we might as well not worry about it. If it's not, nothing's lost.

The Mayans disregarded anything Americans said about 2012. All it is for them is the restoration of their calendar, since their calendar resets after 50 of our years, IIRC (probably not :/).

Nostradamus was a jackass; there goes his theory.

All in all I'm not worried. It would suck if it was the end of the world, though.

Nah.

The idea is bullshit, it's not any different than stating the world will end every single December 31st. Moreover, it's just a sad need for some people to have an end-of-the-world scenario, and after 2012 rolls around and nothing major happens, there will be some other bullshit date.

Who the fuck cares? If the world is going to end, there's nothing to fucking do about it, and we'll be dead anyway. If it doesn't end, then it doesn't end and we can continue making bogus claims about the world ending. For those Christians out there that believe in this shit, I do believe the Bible said only God knows the end date.

Anyway, this has to do with yet another Mayan calendar ending right? Let me reiterate that: yet another Mayan calendar. Yet another, meaning this has happened before and we're still here, and Mayan calendar, making me wonder why we think the Mayans knew any more than we did.

Warning reading the rest of this post will result in bad consequences :mellow:

I predicted when you read this post someone in this world will have died

2012=BS

2012<BS

Edited by Purpose

We will develop a cure for every major disease ailing the human world.

However, it will cause unintended side effects that features many qualities in rabies-like symptoms.

Also known as zombieism. The world promptly starts to get torn apart by the Zombie Menace until its too late.

• 3 weeks later...

Every supervolcano in the world will erupt simultaneously because God hates us

And you will all die unless you give me your life savings for a seat in my volcano-proof shelter.

Great! I haven't started saving. I'm too young to start saving for my retirement.

• 2 weeks later...

Why should we care? If it's the end of the world or whatever and we can't stop it, we can't stop it so we might as well not worry about it. If it's not, nothing's lost.

Hero has the right idea. If the world's going to end (due to God, cosmological events, aliens, etc.) and there's no way to prevent it, I see no reason why I should waste my time worrying about it. Might as well enjoy the last 3 years I've got left on Earth. If it's not the end, I'm no worse off, and if it is, I'm probably better off since I wasn't worrying all this time. Besides, people have been talking about the end of the world (and predicting it) for eons. This date isn't any more likely than any other, right? It didn't happen any of the previous times people predicted it, and it doesn't look like it will this time either. Besides, if I recall correctly, Armageddon literally means time of change (and doomsday, for the record, comes from the old English Domesday, meaning day of reckoning (the ancient Book of Domesday was actually used for assessing property taxes for tax purposes)). So even if something big comes from 12/21/2012, that may just mean that we're entering a new era. Remember also that the Mayans, much like many Native Americans and Far Eastern cultures, believed that time is like a circle, whereby the end of one era is simply to be followed by another in a never ending cycle.

• 2 weeks later...

I normally don't write out something of little substance, but what I quoted sums up my thoughts on the matter perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

All it is really is an astrological alignment that happens infrequently. I'm unsure though, did the Mayans ever leave any records that explicitly stated 2012, the date their calender ends is the end of the world? How do we know the end is only the beginning of a new age? Really the only thing interesting about the event of 2012 is the watch the fanatics hype about it. 2012 may bring out the worst in us, as fear of death and the end is never something people would love. We need substancial proof rather than unconvincing shreads of evidence that people have assumed from an ancient culture.

The year 2000 was supposed to be the end of the world too.

Anybody who actually believes that 2012 will be the end of us all is a true idiot.

Elaborate more. I want to prove to Luminothe it isn't a questionable thing with some good, SOLID evidence.

2050 was also. Of course when you predicate every date possible to be the end of the world. One guess will eventually be correct.

• 2 weeks later...

The Mayans disregarded anything Americans said about 2012. All it is for them is the restoration of their calendar, since their calendar resets after 50 of our years, IIRC (probably not :/).

All it is really is an astrological alignment that happens infrequently. I'm unsure though, did the Mayans ever leave any records that explicitly stated 2012, the date their calender ends is the end of the world? How do we know the end is only the beginning of a new age? Really the only thing interesting about the event of 2012 is the watch the fanatics hype about it. 2012 may bring out the worst in us, as fear of death and the end is never something people would love. We need substancial proof rather than unconvincing shreads of evidence that people have assumed from an ancient culture.