FE4: Genealogy of the Holy War

catastrophe_2

Voltz's mercs only have like 16-17 atk. If Lex is promoted he takes ones and even Voltz himself can't one round him. He still fairs well unpromoted given that Sigurd or Cuan is backing him up.

Edited by freeknight

Actually, killing Beo might be fine. Sure, you don't get Lachesis the boost in stats, but at least you don't need to go out of the way to recruit him.

I usually kill him.

I only recruit Beo if I'm 100% sure of pairing him~

Edited by Enjolras

I like having Delmud start with the Silver Blade (Let the instant ORKO'ing begin!), so I recruit him with Sigurd and his buttload of cash (At this point, he has 50000 from winning the arena), then pair him with Lachesis.

The thing that people have against Beowulf isn't that he's bad, it's that he costs 10,000 to recruit.

Huh. I was sure lachesis should req him for free, but I can't find anything about it on the SF recruitment info (or in the script).

Either way, there should be plenty of units you're not pairing w/ more than enough to hire him. It's not like most units are gonna need most of their arena gold for anything.

Most people save Sigurd's money so he can fix his dad's Broken (AKA Tyrfing).

Levin and Sylvia are too far away.

Adean has to save so she can fix her staves due to lolcost. This means that her lover also has to be less frugal.

Lex might have enough, but it's a rather big if because he has to fix his Axe.

Ayra might have enough.

Noish and Alec suck balls and so won't have much Arena money.

lolArdan.

Cuan and Ethlin maybe, but Ethlin won't have much Arena cash and Cuan needs to save so Ethlin can fix her staves.

Fin is saving so that either he or his kids have a lot of cash in 2nd gen.

Diadora sucks even more balls.

Jamka and Midir maybe, but Aideen's lover needs to save.

Lachesis might have enough, but I doubt it.

So that leaves two, maybe three or four people that can viably recruit Beowulf.

Most people save Sigurd's money so he can fix his dad's Broken (AKA Tyrfing).

Levin and Sylvia are too far away.

Adean has to save so she can fix her staves due to lolcost. This means that her lover also has to be less frugal.

Lex might have enough, but it's a rather big if because he has to fix his Axe.

Ayra might have enough.

Noish and Alec suck balls and so won't have much Arena money.

lolArdan.

Cuan and Ethlin maybe, but Ethlin won't have much Arena cash and Cuan needs to save so Ethlin can fix her staves.

Fin is saving so that either he or his kids have a lot of cash in 2nd gen.

Diadora sucks even more balls.

Jamka and Midir maybe, but Aideen's lover needs to save.

Lachesis might have enough, but I doubt it.

So that leaves two, maybe three or four people that can viably recruit Beowulf.

Sigurd will easily have enough money by the time he talks to his dad. Any character can go through 3 arena battles, which is enough

By the way; Arena gives 11500 (or so) if you go through it all the way. Sigurd can easily do that. All Sigurd has to do is fix up his Silver Sword (and any other weapon he's using a lot) before he goes through the Arena, then he's made a profit. He'll easily have enough gold and besides, Diadora should definitely be giving her money over to Sigurd (after selling his things in case you want someone else to use them, in the case of her Sleep staff) before Manfloy kidnaps her. Unless there's some bonus I'm not aware of for keeping it.

I wasted 10,000 gold by recruiting Beowulf (with Sigurd, who could afford to repair the Tyrfing afterwards, incidentally). I recruited him, and his record was at 3 Wins/0 Losses at the end of Gen 1. After Chapter 2, I realised that I shouldn't use the characters that weren't Lovers shouldn't be fighting as much. So Beowulf ended up on Castle duty with Ardan, Holyn and (by mid-Chapter 4) Lolevel30 Lex. And some I'm probably forgetting.

Incidentally; doesn't the Hero Axe cost peanuts to repair? I've never had it cost more then 3000G, at the most.

Edited by Allan's Aokage

Incidentally; doesn't the Hero Axe cost peanuts to repair? I've never had it cost more then 3000G, at the most.

All the hero weapons are pretty cheap to repair. 50 uses costs 4000 to repair. They cost 8000 and have 50 uses, so apparently repairs are half price, unlike some of the other weapons where repairs are full price.

Compare repairing two uses of a hero weapon to repairing 1 use of a holy weapon: 160 G compared to 1000 G.

Yeah. Go hero weapons.

Beowulf has a very bad start though. I've always hard to get him going especially when axe units sort of disappear after Orgahil and he can't rescue civs in Silesia. Still, Beowulf!Delmud is great since he has a better jointime in Gen 2.

Beowulf has a very bad start though. I've always hard to get him going especially when axe units sort of disappear after Orgahil and he can't rescue civs in Silesia. Still, Beowulf!Delmud is great since he has a better jointime in Gen 2.

I think his insane str growth has something to do with it, too. Hezul blood is awesome.

Also, make sure that Diadora sells her Silence Staff, since Ardeen can use it, and can pass it over to Rana later in the second gen.