Mist VS Rhys

The best healer  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the best?

• Rhys
    • Mist
    • Neither of them
    • I use both

I'm really wondering who's the best.Before you guys gimme your answers,lemme give you some points

BEFORE PROMOTION

Rhys does what a priest does:Healing.He's more efficient than Mist for that,but what hurt him a bit is that is defense growht is really bad compared to Mist,who can atleat survive one round without being killed.He's good, but you gotta be careful.

When she first come around,she looks like a lesser good Rhys in the outside.She doesn't heal as much Rhys does, but she's still good for that, since she's your only other choice if you don't want Rhys in your team.BUT,in the inside,Mist have better defense than Rhys.Why?Because her promotion class needs that little bit of defense,so she can survive if she EVER gets hit.Also,she have less movement than Rhys.So,she's more all-around,but less efficient.OH,and don't forget that she starts at LV.1,when you should already have a LV.5-8 Rhys,so she needs more time and effort than Rhys.

AFTER PROMOTION

Rhys gains something else than an ugly hat:Light magic.It's not as powerful as anima magic, but because of Rhys awesome magic stats,it can at least split the enemy's HP in two,so finishing the enemy for EXP is cake.However,it's kind of heavy,so Rhys can't really double.I suggest using a forge for doubling more reliably.But he is still the same old frail unit that can't really survive a round,so don't think that he can handle himself n battle alone:He still need protection.So,Light magic is pure win for him,but you should always be careful since one little error could be fatal.

Mist gains sowrds and a horse:YAY,a mounted healer!Oh wait...she have good magic stats...but she doesn't use magic,she use swords!WTF.It's kind of weird,but you know what?She will be DECENT with normal sword,but I think a forge could also help.Oh,but wait,she still have innapropriate defense.You know what?It doesn't really matter for her,since she have realiably good avoid,so hitting her won't be easy!Then,if she ever can get to a B in sword,you can say hello to magic swords,which makes her PWNsome in offense.But,since she starts at D,in won't be a easy task,since she won't be able to promote at the same time than everyone,because of her LV.1 start as a Cleric.So,she can become really good,but you need time,effort and BEXP.

So,what do you guys think?

Edited by Lilmik11

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: Crap, Didn't realize this was under path of radiance, not radiant dawn

Anyways, Mist is a piece of crap in this game compared to rhys. She's nearly impossible to raise on hard mode due to lack of BEXP. Once she gets swords, she still fails because she will be doing so little damage because she is locked to light(in weight) swords. She has lategame utility though. Not for attacking, even though she can weild sonic sword pretty well, but she does well at running in to heal and falling back in the same turn with canto. Bottom line: If you have the time and patience to spoon feed Mist exp and BEXP in the first few chapters, use her. If not, then you should just stick to Rhys

Edited by core34510

But,since she starts at E,in won't be a easy task,since she won't be able to promote at the same time than everyone, because of her LV.1 start as a Cleric.

First of all, Mist starts off with a D in swords, not an E. Secondly, I think she's better than Rhy because she doesn't get doubled as much (as soon as she promotes), and provides assistance with the BK fight in Ch. 27 (unlike Rhys).

Also, should she ever get to a B in sword, she'll make better use of the Sonic Sword than Rhys'll ever do with Nosferatu.

But,since she starts at E,in won't be a easy task,since she won't be able to promote at the same time than everyone, because of her LV.1 start as a Cleric.

First of all, Mist starts off with a D in swords, not an E. Secondly, I think she's better than Rhy because she doesn't get doubled as much (as soon as she promotes), and provides assistance with the BK fight in Ch. 27 (unlike Rhys).

Also, should she ever get to a B in sword, she'll make better use of the Sonic Sword than Rhys'll ever do with Nosferatu.

She doesn't start with sword rank.

Gonna provide argument for Rhys.

Mist's damage is lol. Her magic sword abilities are really the limit of her fighting skills and it isn't like you can use them without thought, on the other hand Rhys doesn't have to train light magic. He already has done that. Can do the equivalent of double Sing.

Rhys comes earlier also.

Edited by BlackKnight666

I think many people underestimate the effectiveness of having two healers, so I use both. There will be times when you have several dangerously injured units and you will want two healers. As for which is better, that's a tough one. Rhys is better at healing because he comes at a higher level and he has higher magic. Who cares about Mist's increase in movement and being a mounted unit after promotion? Assuming you don't give her a Master Seal very early and don't give her tons of bonus experience, she shouldn't promote until you start getting a steady supply of Physics from enemy bishops. Neither of them have good combat skills. Mist sucks with normal swords, so you will have to give her favoritism or your precious Arms Scrolls to use magic swords. And even if you do, you only get 40 uses worth of magic swords in this game. Rhys is actually powerful with his magic, but he can't double attack. In terms of defense, Rhys will be double attacked almost always when attacked, so he's more vulnerable. But, it he equips his Nosferatu, he will be able to survive a double attack from most enemies. Still, Mist's higher speed and great luck gives her good enough avoid and attack speed to survive more attacks. That shouldn't make much of a difference, though, because you should keep your healers back and use your Physics. In summary, Rhys heals better, they both have trouble killing enemies, and their defense doesn't matter when you keeps your healers far away, so I think Rhys is better. Though my Mist always turns out better because I do in fact abuse her.

I totally agree with kinata,that's why I suggest that you should ALWAYS have Mist in your team since in the BK fight,you absolutely need her.So,if you want to use Rhys,also keep using Mist.And that's also why I think they are of the same utility,they both have different strong points and weak points.

Oh right, I forgot about the BK fight. In easy/normal mode, raising Mist I feel is unnecessary. It took me 3 tries to beat the Black Knight, which isn't that bad because it's an easy chapter. But in hard mode, that chapter is actually hard and took several tries, so you should raise Mist in hard mode. Though like I said, I recommend using both healers.

I say Mist is better. The maps are pretty big and despite the fact that units have more Move in this game, I think the ability to move even farther than your foot soldiers is a solid bonus. Rhys is too fragile to be taken into battle without constant worry of having him being either doubled because of his heavy tomes or taking too much damage from one hit. At least Mist can get out of the way and recover. The only drawback to Mist is her using swords instead of magic. She'd be a total beast if she did

Anyways, Mist is a piece of crap in this game compared to rhys. She's nearly impossible to raise on hard mode due to lack of BEXP. Once she gets swords, she still fails because she will be doing so little damage because she is locked to light(in weight) swords. She has lategame utility though. Not for attacking, even though she can weild sonic sword pretty well, but she does well at running in to heal and falling back in the same turn with canto. Bottom line: If you have the time and patience to spoon feed Mist exp and BEXP in the first few chapters, use her. If not, then you should just stick to Rhys

How? I'm not seeing it. Her supports partners are awesome (except Rofl); better than what Rhys has, in fact. Also, she has a better affinity, and unlike Rhys, people actually want to support her.

Mist's damage is lol. Her magic sword abilities are really the limit of her fighting skills and it isn't like you can use them without thought, on the other hand Rhys doesn't have to train light magic. He already has done that. Can do the equivalent of double Sing.

Rhys comes earlier also.

First off, Light magic is TERRIBLE. It is weak and heavy (4 Wt and 2 Mt Light? 6Wt and 4 Mt Shine?? 12 Wt and 7 Mt Nosferatu???), and Rhys's virtually nonexistent Strength makes that a problem, as it drags his already-not-stellar AS down. Also, Rhys's supports aren't very good, for the most part. Not looking at Rofl and Titania (who both Rhys and Mist share), he has Ulki, Kieran, and Mia. Kieran doesn't give a damn about Rhys (and Titania also doesn't give a damn about Rhys, for that matter), lolUlki, and Mia's not exactly impressive.

EDIT: Looking at the bold... What the hell???

Edited by Richter Renard

While both of them can't really ORKO,they can both,instead,heal,which will healp the team.Anyway,Bishop like Rhys aren't supposed to attack like crazy:There main purpose is healing,that's why they suck in combat.As for Mist,she can do fighting and healing in a good way.Personnally,I ALWAYS train Mist for the BK fight,because she's SO useful out there!

I meant as a Valkyrie.

hmmm, I have a video of Ike easily beating BK on hard mode. It wasn't hard at all. I can post it here.

Edit: Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VIctj43l14

Battle with BK starts in latter part of the video. I think in this PT I didn't use Mist much except to get her to lvl 10 and promote her specifically for this battle.

Edited by core34510

How? I'm not seeing it. Her supports partners are awesome (except Rofl); better than what Rhys has, in fact. Also, she has a better affinity, and unlike Rhys, people actually want to support her.

Rhys comes earlier also.

First off, Light magic is TERRIBLE. It is weak and heavy (4 Wt and 2 Mt Light? 6Wt and 4 Mt Shine?? 12 Wt and 7 Mt Nosferatu???), and Rhys's virtually nonexistent Strength makes that a problem, as it drags his already-not-stellar AS down. Also, Rhys's supports aren't very good, for the most part. Not looking at Rofl and Titania (who both Rhys and Mist share), he has Ulki, Kieran, and Mia. Kieran doesn't give a damn about Rhys (and Titania also doesn't give a damn about Rhys, for that matter), lolUlki, and Mia's not exactly impressive.

EDIT: Looking at the bold... What the hell???

Didn't know how to put it. If he gets a S rank in staves then he does so as well for staves.

I just rather use Rhys because of high damage output lategame, and consistently good healing throughout, even if he isn't doubling squat. I suppose Mist is more useful all around, but I want my healer to heal, not get pulled into the fighting because before I know it I have a unit about to die and mist is grayed out

If think if you use both,they can help each other a bit.For exemple,Rhys can heal the wounds while Mist fight for EXP,and the other way around work too.You know,if you have 2 wounded allies,your mage and Rhys\Mist can heal them while Mist\Rhys fight.So having both healer is really cool because your team is even more efficient!But,I'm really wondering if the extra carefulness you need with Rhys is really worth?

How about Mist?

Using her for fighting is absurd unless you use magical weapons.

With 16.3 average str at 20/20 she isn't doing much, she can't utilize her 26 magic with magic swords well due to the limited avaliability of them.

Rhys' 29 magic stat can be used much more efficiently.

With light at 20/20, a level he's getting to much more easily than Mist, he has 31 attack, and gets weighed down slightly.

We should agree Mist won't always be using a magical sword.

So the only way she can achieve attack equal to that is with a silver blade, which weighs her down more than Rhys' ordinary light tome will.

Her healing isn't compensating, Rhys' higher magic allows him to heal more efficiently as well.

Her only real advantage here is Rhys' speed sucks, but he isn't seeing as much of an enemy phase as Mist is if they both conduct battle.

With light at 20/20, a level he's getting to much more easily than Mist, he has 31 attack, and gets weighed down slightly.

First off, characters aren't going to be at 20/20 for very long. Also, the defense-resistance gap for Tellius enemies isn't as big as you might think it is. Plus, Rhys has no answer whatsoever to Mist's better supports and affinity.

So the only way she can achieve attack equal to that is with a silver blade, which weighs her down more than Rhys' ordinary light tome will.

Kinda funny you say that, seeing as a Silver Blade doesn't even weigh Mist down at all at 20/20, whereas Rhys is still losing AS from his Light tome. Way to shoot yourself in the foot.

Her healing isn't compensating, Rhys' higher magic allows him to heal more efficiently as well.

Because a 3 point difference makes a big difference, right? Oh wait, it doesn't.

Edited by Richter Renard

I totally agree with kinata,that's why I suggest that you should ALWAYS have Mist in your team since in the BK fight,you absolutely need her.So,if you want to use Rhys,also keep using Mist.And that's also why I think they are of the same utility,they both have different strong points and weak points.

You still don't have to use her for that. Make sure to save an Elixir, or two, though if you are going to have Ike fight him.

It's not like you have to win the BK fight to beat the game anyway, so using that as a reason for training Mist isn't very good.

That too.

-----

Mist. The only thing that she will need is a Mend to heal before promotion, and that her mounted upon classchange is certainly a bonus.

Edited by Samus00

First off, characters aren't going to be at 20/20 for very long. Also, the defense-resistance gap for Tellius enemies isn't as big as you might think it is. Plus, Rhys has no answer whatsoever to Mist's better supports and affinity.

Not a big difference? So lets say enemies have 4-6 points of resistence less than defence. Rhys has more attack power in the first place, so until mist builds the sword level up enough to use the silver blade, Rhys will be doing much better offensively, Maybe not ORKOing but he will do significant chip damage so others can easily finish off the almost dead unit, or he can finish off a weakened unit. As for supports, It isn't such a big deal for your healer to be supported with a bunch of people, assuming you aren't tanking with him. Mist doesn't have great supports either. As for affinity, does it do anything other than determine support bonuses? I'm not very familiar with the affinities.