Perfect Playthrough (possibly spoilers)

Kinata

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, there's probably no need to worry. I just tried a couple of concurrent playthroughs in FE7 and the playthrough counter still increases per playthrough as Randomly Predictable predicted.

However if you copy a file from as early as Chapter 13, the game will still count it as a duplicate.

As I just said on my Unobtainable topic, the silences of chapter 22 are not obtainable. That will actually make my life easier. I will do that chapter in a few minutes.

Yup, and I'm thankful too. While chapter 22 is no longer that impressive, I'm happy to have an easy break on this battle. And there aren't many items to steal in this battle, including no vulneraries or elixirs, so I'm taking this is a sign that very few enemies will have vulneraries to steal any more. Yippee! I was getting sick of stealing vulneraries everywhere. I also just discovered that almost any tome can be stolen in the same fashion as the rexaura, which I just made a topic on. Luckily, with only 3 obtainable silences and 1 hammerne, I will "only" have to do this 15 times. So it doesn't matter that I missed a few tomes back in the last few chapters.

Edit: I just checked, there only 7 vulneraries left in the entire game.

Update: I made some edits to the requirements. I took out most special conv. requirements for being too ambiguous, except base conv. and talk conv. Mentioned the Rexaura steal trick.

Update (again): Forgot to mention, I won chapter 22. And I added a new rule. It's at the bottom of the list.

Edited by Kinata

They also anticipated hacking apparently. I'm not sure about this but apparently the Black Knight and Ashnard have a battle conversation. I would try that out but in the process of moving and switching to a Wii I can't seem to find my memory card with 2xx blocks. T.T Means I have to delete something for Crystal Chronicles.

What? Where did you hear this?

Well, I suppose it doesn't matter since it doesn't exist.

Also, IS figured out how to prevent players restarting from the final chapter to unlock more bonus characters since FE6.

wait if they figured it out by FE6 does that mean that you can unlock all the extra scenes in the opening demo of FE4 by saving before you conquer Barharra, and doing it again and again?

They also anticipated hacking apparently. I'm not sure about this but apparently the Black Knight and Ashnard have a battle conversation. I would try that out but in the process of moving and switching to a Wii I can't seem to find my memory card with 2xx blocks. T.T Means I have to delete something for Crystal Chronicles.

What? Where did you hear this?

Well, I suppose it doesn't matter since it doesn't exist.

Also, IS figured out how to prevent players restarting from the final chapter to unlock more bonus characters since FE6.

wait if they figured it out by FE6 does that mean that you can unlock all the extra scenes in the opening demo of FE4 by saving before you conquer Barharra, and doing it again and again?

Stating that they have figured it out since fe6 doesn't automatically mean that it wasn't prevented before then. He could just not know whether or not it was.

Last night I tried ch. 23. I almost won too, but then the Crimean knights showed up. Two with bows who could double a wyvern lord with a stealable item almost killed him, but the RNG goddess toyed with me and had them miss twice, momentarily giving me hope. And then two others killed a bishop with a mend staff instead of the bow users who would not counterattack. And then I had to start over. I'll try again next week (I have to read a book this weekend).

Seriously, those Crimean knights really make this battle unfair. They are other units and cannot be rescued (since they are all paladins), so I have no means of controlling them. If they kill an enemy with a stealable item or get themselves killed, I have to start over. Ugh, I'm unsure of what to do. Maybe I should try sending my fliers over and drop off Volke to quickly steal the wyvern lords' items. It seems like there is a greater threat of the other units killing the enemies than the other way around, so it might work. I will have to stall the enemies who are earlier in the battle, since I will not have the opportunity to steal from them immediately if Volke is at the top of the map and Sothe on the bottom stealing from those reinforcements, but it seems possible. And then I will have to worry about the other units of chapter 24...

Edited by Kinata

• 1 month later...

Wow it's been a while. I hope this isn't considered to be a necropost, but I decided to post a progress report.

I just won chapter 23. Finally. It was a pretty tough battle, especially since I kept getting RNG screwed. I had 4 failed attempts because of criticals: first 2 were 3% criticals from a sniper against Reyson (yeah, it was the same enemy, victim, and turn), a 13% crit (it was actually my crit, but the enemy had a stealable item), and finally about a 20% chance one. The probablility of all that happening is about 117/5,000,000 or 0.00234% WTF.

I have also got an A rank in all trial maps, and there are 6 chapters left in my perfect PT. After that, I will finish my easy PT that is halfway done, making sure to unlock Giffca and his illustration. Finally, I will go through 11 PTs to unlock Ashnard and the other trial map characters. Next up on my list is ch. 24. It doesn't seem to hard, but once again the greatest threat appears to be those vulnerable other units. I will constantly heal and possibly use my rescue staff those snipers, who appear to be the first ones to die. I might also have a flier rescue a thief and send them over to make sure no enemies with stealable items are killed.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally won ch. 24, which was much, much harder than expected. I used sleep staves to stall two certain enemies with stealable items from getting themselves killed by the other units. It ends out that the only other unit with a great chance of dying is the lv. 4 sniper. A certain myrmidon can usually double and kill him, so I kept restarting this battle until he was slow enough to not double the sniper.

The start of this battle requires tons of good luck because Rhys, Mist, and Sothe have to go right into the open, and sometimes the enemies won't do what they're supposed to. Plus I had my usual bad luck. I suffered through lots and lots of RNG screwing. Once I almost won, but I accidentally had Rhys silence an enemy instead of sleeping him. Then, I got even closer, but this time, I found out that if Bastian talks to Geoffrey before Ike, he will lose his ability to talk to Ike. Had to start over. Finally, after two full days of trying, I succeeded. Next up is ch. 25, which looks much easier.

Oh yeah, and someone please respond. This thread is getting lonely. unsure.gif

I finally won ch. 24, which was much, much harder than expected. I used sleep staves to stall two certain enemies with stealable items from getting themselves killed by the other units. It ends out that the only other unit with a great chance of dying is the lv. 4 sniper. A certain myrmidon can usually double and kill him, so I kept restarting this battle until he was slow enough to not double the sniper.

The start of this battle requires tons of good luck because Rhys, Mist, and Sothe have to go right into the open, and sometimes the enemies won't do what they're supposed to. Plus I had my usual bad luck. I suffered through lots and lots of RNG screwing. Once I almost won, but I accidentally had Rhys silence an enemy instead of sleeping him. Then, I got even closer, but this time, I found out that if Bastian talks to Geoffrey before Ike, he will lose his ability to talk to Ike. Had to start over. Finally, after two full days of trying, I succeeded. Next up is ch. 25, which looks much easier.

Sorry, I read it but it's just I don't have anything to say. I mean, it's pretty cool you are trying to get all the items and all the convos and let no units that aren't red die and all, and it's interesting sometimes to hear how you manage it, but I can't really think of anything useful to say.

Maybe I should try recording it. It's kind of boring to hear me ramble on about a playthrough without anything to see.

• 2 weeks later...

I won. W00t.

The main point of interest was the Black Knight fight, during which I was also required to kill the 3 reinforcements. If anyone wants to hear about it, it was probably the weirdest and most unintended method of defeating him that anyone has ever done. I refer to it as my absolutely luck-free BK strategy.

Like usual, my luck was terrible. You should have seen how awful fighting Bryce was... I can't believe I won the fight in the end. On my first attempt at the endgame, I had to start over because I missed the Rexaura bishop with my silence staff (I had a 60% chance of hitting him). Also, throughout the last few chapters, I had to start over 4 times because of the game freezing. Stupid technology.

• 1 month later...

This is cool but you should try to get the Japanese version and play Mania mode.

I won. W00t.

The main point of interest was the Black Knight fight, during which I was also required to kill the 3 reinforcements. If anyone wants to hear about it, it was probably the weirdest and most unintended method of defeating him that anyone has ever done. I refer to it as my absolutely luck-free BK strategy.

Like usual, my luck was terrible. You should have seen how awful fighting Bryce was... I can't believe I won the fight in the end. On my first attempt at the endgame, I had to start over because I missed the Rexaura bishop with my silence staff (I had a 60% chance of hitting him). Also, throughout the last few chapters, I had to start over 4 times because of the game freezing. Stupid technology.

I'm interested in how you beat the BK.

I won. W00t.

Did Mist get to fight? I typically let Mist KO them with Runesword and then she dodges everything and I wish I'd given her sonic sword instead of waste Runesword uses. Well, needs to pull out a physical weapon on a player phase to KO the bishop because of its res. And my strategy to rely less on luck is to have Ike with a robe allowing for max hp and max def so that he can take a hit + Luna. Then I normally have Ike attack at 2 range on player phase (Luna not possible at 2 range) and BK goes to one range on enemy phase then Mist can heal Ike to full. Rinse and repeat. It allows 9 attacks (Ike elixirs when Mist KOs bishop) and I think it's enough. Maybe not, though, but that's still 5 shots at Aether (the 5 enemy phases). Only I've never needed to do the full strategy because I get lucky early. 9 x 9 = 81 damage and I don't remember how much BK heals. 5 times so if he heals more than 4 hp then obviously the strategy would fail without an Aether even if Ike never misses. If he heals more than 6 hp then it would fail even if Ike gets to attack when Mist KOs the bishop. And I've always been reluctant to put Mist in the BKs range in case he goes after her (though I'm told he won't) so I can't use recover and Mist doesn't heal him to full with physic so I've only KOd the BK because of dodging enough. But assuming the BK won't go after Mist, the plan should work.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

This is cool but you should try to get the Japanese version and play Mania mode.

That'd be ridiculous! blink.gif I am content with my "American Perfect Playthrough".

That technically is not "absolutely luck free". There are the slight chances that BK continuously Lunas, and Ike has to hit BK all 10 times at max str to kill him without skills. My strat involves using Ike with the Knight ring in a clever fashion to force the BK to attack Ike from the distance on the enemy phase every turn, using Mist and the columns to force BK to a certain spot back and forth. It's hardest to describe without a map. And Mist with capped magic can one-round the Bishop with sonic sword.

That'd be ridiculous! blink.gif I am content with my "American Perfect Playthrough".

That technically is not "absolutely luck free". There are the slight chances that BK continuously Lunas, and Ike has to hit BK all 10 times at max str to kill him without skills. My strat involves using Ike with the Knight ring in a clever fashion to force the BK to attack Ike from the distance on the enemy phase every turn, using Mist and the columns to force BK to a certain spot back and forth. It's hardest to describe without a map. And Mist with capped magic can one-round the Bishop with sonic sword.

Well, you still have to hit all 10 times and Ike doesn't actually have 100 hit. Anyway, even if BK continuously Lunas the attack at range on player phase idea still works. Even if he Lunas repeatedly, Mist just needs to recover continuously on player phase. Though I suppose the Knight Ring idea before the bishop appears would at least allow you to not have to recover Ike that turn and thus allow for 10 swipes.

That's one of the things I didn't mention, it is pretty much necessary to use abuse. I abused Ike's luck to 26, and I abused Ike's biorhythm to normal and BK's to bottom, allowing for 100% hit rates. But yeah, this whole thing is mostly necessary for that one turn.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a bump, but whatever.

The Black Knight recovers 6 HP per turn, so a max strength Ike needs exactly 10 hits without an Aether and no misses to beat him. So Narga, your strategy would require a bit of luck.

Bit of a bump, but whatever.

The Black Knight recovers 6 HP per turn, so a max strength Ike needs exactly 10 hits without an Aether and no misses to beat him. So Narga, your strategy would require a bit of luck.

Apparently.

Not sure it even needs all that much more, though, considering unless you do what Kinata did to make 100% hit rates Ike can find a way to screw it up. At least my way gives you 5 attacks at one range which means 5 shots at Aether. Unless you abuse Ike's stats to give yourself 100% hit Kinata's way could perhaps have a higher failure rate. Not entirely sure. A single Aether (with a successful hit on the Luna effect) causes a lot of damage and means I'd need a lot less than 9 hits.

Of course, if you are willing to give Adept to Ike then getting 10 shots at adept will mostly make up for the chance of a miss on those 10 swings.

The cool thing about his method is that if you put a ton of work into his levels and set up the timing for the bio to work out in order to get that 100% hit then you really can get a win with no chance of failure. I admit that part is cool.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Yes, I admit that I performed a lot of BEXP and biorhythm abuse. But it was worth it when for the first time, I had no fear of losing to the BK at all. It was especially cool watching Ike doing a very weird maneuver with the Knight Ring.

• 2 weeks later...

I only require base conv. and conv. obtained through the "Talk" command in battle.

• 1 month later...

I've got some more rules you can add to your challenge. All units must be level 20/20 by the end of the game. Also, all possible units that can have a battle conversation with Ashnard (including and especially Reyson) must have that conversation and survive. What do you think of that?