who is better Harr Ike Jill or shinon

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better Harr Ike Jill or shinon?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:Haar:

The rest cannot compare, obviously. How can you ask such a stupidly obvious question in the first place?

Btw how can you misspell the name of such an awesome character? Just how?!

Edited by Ryukendo

Meh. I voted Shinon because he has plenty of speed to double better than Haar, but still rapes the enemy, and he isn't so vulnerable to mages. Ike-"The mages... The mages wish to... CONSUME ME!"

The correct answer would seem to be Haar - Ike - Shinon - Jill. Harr is not a character in this game and cannot be rated as such. However, Haar suffers from one major problem: he is prone to massive Spd problems. I've had a --/20/3 Haar with 24 Spd, which is simply bad. Unless overleveled (which is possible), he's not going to double much. Plus, he has stupid-high Str, Skl, and Def caps, which limits the amount of BExp abuse you can perform.

Ike suffers from Res problems, but he'll be consistently 4+ points ahead of Haar in Spd (the most important stat) and gets Ragnell... too early to be balanced, for sure. Ettard doesn't hurt either.

Shinon is too durable for an sniper/marksman (Note to IS: archers are more frail than this - They should not have caps on par with Ike), but won't contribute much on enemy phase until 4-E-2 (he won't be getting double bow until late in 4-E-1 if at all.

Comparing raw caps, Jill wins. Easy. 35 Str, 38 Skl, 35 Spd, 35 Luck, and 36 Def are ridiculous (By comparison, cat caps [transformed] are 36, 40, 40, 30, and 32, respectively, and they have transformation to worry about.); having plenty of BExp levels possible in tiers 2 and 3 doesn't hurt either to help her reach those caps helps too. As long as you make sure she stays with the DB, she'll be practically unstoppable in the later levels.

Assuming HM, the answer is probably Haar > Ike > Shinon >= Jill

On NM, it's Haar = Ike >= Jill >= Shinon

On EM, it's actually Jill >= Ike > Haar > Shinon. Jill's caps are just that good.

EDIT: I'm voting Ike since he's always forced whenever he appears and never has to fight for a spot. Earth Affinity and Ragnell = Ike as best.

Edited by Randomly Predictable?

There's not much in it between Haar and Ike. Ike > Haar > Shinon > Jill.

You may have noticed this is what the tier list says. Call me out on being a tierfag and I'll get you.

Edited by Naglfar

There's not much in it between Haar and Ike. Ike > Haar > Shinon > Jill.

You may have noticed this is what the tier list says. Call me out on being a tierfag and I'll get you.

I've only been here a day now, so I didn't cut and paste from the tier list. I really haven't looked at it much. This was just me trying to explain why I voted the way I did. Sorry if I'm doing something wrong...

Ike is only better than Haar if you give him a transfer.

Otherwise, Haar is a goddamn superman. and Jill should've been replaced with Gatrie and Mordecai should have been added.

And to people who are saying Haar has SPD problems... you're right. But in the chapters he IS in, a large majority of the enemies have piss speed to begin with. GOOD LUCK NOT BEATING 2-E WITHOUT HIM. OR MUCH OF PART 3. OR THAT GODDAMN DESERT OR SWAMP IN PART 4.

That and he has no weakness other than lolthunder which is a joke in this game. Yeah his RES is bad but he has enough HP to survive a hit unlike Jill.

Also, if Shinon had an option outside of Double Bow for 1-range, he'd be better than Haar and MUCH better than Ike.

Edited by Merlinus the Jew

Ike > Shinon > Jill > Haar

Ike is an overpowered lord who has a powerful sword that does not break, and 1-2 range.

Shinon is the best archer in the game.

Jill outdoes Haar if you bother to train her imo.

Haar can't double by endgame, or maybe he got RNG screwed...

Edited by Isaac55

Also, if Shinon had an option outside of Double Bow for 1-range, he'd be better than Haar and MUCH better than Ike.

Crossbows?

Anyway, I voted for Shinon.

Crossbows only do a set damage. (28 for crossbow 24 for bowgun) not to mention they are expensive to buy and only deal small amount of damage to anything that's not pegasus,hawks,and mages/bishops

Haar>=Ike>Shinon>Jill

Crossbows only do a set damage. (28 for crossbow 24 for bowgun) not to mention they are expensive to buy and only deal small amount of damage to anything that's not pegasus,hawks,and mages/bishops

Beastfoe/Dragon foes helps Crossbows a lot, though granted that's more in Nolan's department since he fights laguz more often.

Jill and Shinon are both great units, however, I believe it's been made pretty clear the contest is between Ike and Haar.

Haar is around for almost the exact same amount of chapters Ike is around in, so availability is out. Interestingly, their base stats are quite close, as well. So, it all comes down to how they perform. Ike being stuck to swords isn't very helpful for 1-2 range, etc. His Earth affinity trumps Haar's Wind affinity for supports. By the end of Part 3, Ike has his own 2-range sword that never breaks. In addition, Ike is always forced, so not using him is pretty stupid. Haar may be benched for other units, etc. Thunder magic may have gotten incredibly nerfed, but Haar still can hardly take one hit. I'm pretty much thrashing Haar...but let's think about it. He uses powerful Axes, and Hand Axe < Wind Edge. If you can give Haar Nullify (avalible from a certain General in 2-E, in which he is usable), there is little to nothing that can hurt him. He also has great movement and Canto, so if somehow he is hurt or Nullify wasn't gotten/is on someone else, he can hit and run. Unfortunately, there is always his Speed. While Ike is doubling and probably killing, Haar is hitting once and...that's it. Free Cancel skill is helpful but not enough to change my decision.

Ike > Haar.

Let's see their contribution in each part:

Haar:In part 2,he is good.His defense is good,but it's not like he is the only mounted unit in this part:Elincia,the CRK and Marcia.He is a good tank,but he can barely kill an enemy.He will do great damage,but will rarely double.Then,he truly shine in part 3:He will be very useful as he will be your only flying unit for 4 chapter,which give him very good utility.When he promotes,he kill everything.He double more reliably and takes close to no damage against most enemies.Finally,in part 4,his bad speed cap makes him like in part 2:Very good defense,but poor speed.The only chances he kill an enemy he is not doubling is by activating Stun.So,I don't really suggest you to take him into endgame:His speed is too mediocre for that.I mean,I think he has the same Speed cap as Micaiah,but I'm not sure.I think she finish with better speed than him.Can someone help me here?

Ike:Pretty good in part 3.Ettard is one MT less than a Steel Blade,so that's a good weapon!However,bad resistance is keeping him away of beig godly.Then,he gets Ragnell,the best swords for him,1-2 range,etc.Anyway,you are getting my point.In part 4,he is even better.He promoted and gained axe and Eather.He never really need those too,except a hammer for the BK fight.But he is still godly as hell.

Jill:Aah,Jill,I like her so much!Too bas she has WTFlol24 HP for a level FOURTEEN dracoknight.She begin with good speed,fairly good strenght,but bad defense for her class.In this game,I feel like she is a mix of pegasus knight and dracoknight.In part 3,she's kind of saving the Dawn Brigad.Her class utility is finally starting to show:TANK.And,she's doubling reliably,has the Brave Axe,has axes AND lances.So yeah,she's pure win in part 3.In part 4,if you want to train her,you don't really hve to choice to put her in Tibarn's group so she can gains ton of EXP and promote.Finally,she have REALLY better speed and resistance than Haar.

Shinon:For me,he is like a second Ike,except he has Bow.Oh yeah,he is definitely a wonderful tank with a crossbow because he have good defense and avoid.He will always double,will critic a lot,kill enemies a lot,etc.He is really godly.Then,Silencer kick in and makes Shinon shine like he never did.He kill really anything with that special bow!In part 4,he is still godly,excpet he have three range with any bow,wich make him pretty invisible.On top of that,he is probably the only unit who can make good use of the Double Bow,so he is awesome!

So,in endgame performance,it's Shinon-Ike-Jill-Haar,in utility,it's Jill-Haar-Shinon-Ike,in avaibality,it's Ike,Shinon,Haar-Jill.My favourite is Shinon,because he is kind od invincible.

My favourite is Shinon,because he is kind od invincible.

I hope you meant to say "kind of invincible" because Shinon hasn't the slightest hint of kindness in him (except with Rolf).

Edited by Randomly Predictable

If each crossbow has +10 mt, Shinon would be top tier material. Sadly, they aren't.

My personal preferance is Shinon, though. As for the best, Haar, for Flying utility.

I hope you meant to say "kind of invincible" because Shinon hasn't the slightest hint of kindness in him (except with Rolf).

And Greil.

Edited by kirsche

If each crossbow has +10 mt, Shinon would be top tier material. Sadly, they aren't.

My personal preferance is Shinon, though. As for the best, Haar, for Flying utility.

And Greil.

Point granted. He really did admire Greil. I wonder what Shinon saw in him?