The Last Promise

Crimson Red

Though is there any weapon that are really good against Lanmark that isn't listed down there? So far the best weapon I could think of is a Hero's Flare. Anyone got anything better?

I'm trying to make a list of all possible good weapons that can be used to kill Lanmark, so anything that I didn't mention is useful :)

The Lanmark Killing List so far:

-----

So far, I find that Ace has really low STR but really high SPD. Ace's low STR is kind of an advantage as a training character to soften up enemies so that weaker units can get the killing blow. Ace's low STR also works well when blocking a chokepoint with an Iron Weapon. He can literally act as a permanent meat shield forever.

Low STR has some advantages!

edited to remove gibberish.

Edited by FlowyS

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ace, Kevin, and Rex, all have good potential to... be good. I've had people say Rex was better than Ace and vice-versa depending on RNG and the general feedback I've gotten on Kevin is positive which is nice to hear because he's the only recruitable Knight in the game and the only other General you get is on Chapter 27.

Lanmark will be nerfed in the next patch.

The final boss won't: he's already been nerfed like crazy. If you're still having trouble with him, I'd blame self-induced handicaps, lack of strategy, or horrid luck, because my betatesters and I managed to beat him with his FULL stats.

For the map, you're free to submit stuff, but due to time constraints I can't guarantee I'll use anything. Also, the general direction of maps etc. is really weird (like, you'd think if they're traveling south, they'd like, go from the north side of the map to the south) so it'll be hard to come up with something. This is something caused by a lack of foresight regarding the world map; never did I really want or expect to have one and the maps were never really made with a sense of overall compass direction in mind. I had a quick blog post on why the game doesn't have a world map and while the problem IS fixable, it's not something I want to do, as it's not something I would enjoy in the least (and, as I've said a billion times, I hack for enjoyment, so for me to spend like, a hundred of hours to fix this, because that's what it would take, would be utterly and entirely stupid given that this is just a fan-game made for my [and to some extent others] enjoyment).

tl;dr I admit there are a lot of flaws and there are a lot of reasons as to why it's flawed but I don't intend to fix it nor would I enjoy it being fixed as I don't really care enough to put in the various resources (some of which I don't have, e.g. artistic skill and cartography skill) to fix it. And as a result I'm not interested in discussing those flaws either, so thank you for your understanding. ^_^

@FlowyS your post is... uh, take a look at it. I don't feel like explaining.

Also, try not to put in personal experience too much into your guide. Units can flip around very easily, especially when growths are between 40-60, which they often are; it can seriously go either way on a stat-per-stat basis.

I can certainly confirm Kevin and Rex's usefulness. Ace never worked well for me, but Kevin gets time in Siegfried mode and Rex just levels up quickly, and has really good stats. It also doesn't help that Ace is boring and literally is only definable by his genericness.

Well, I wasn't expecting you to implement it on a chapter basis, but you could just show the map before/after the game introduction or some such. And it's mostly for my own OCD of having a better sense of the continent and where the respective countries lie.

I'll try to lower the amount of personal experiences and focus more on things such as class choice and weapon choice instead. On the subject of the penalties that I choose to have, I find that putting penalties on me will make me use better strategies. If I'm struggling, I would require better tactics to win. If it's just too easy for me, my strategy will not be as good. Don't worry though, if it gets really really really hard for me, I'll start removing the penalties.

In other news, Chapter 25 sucess in 26 turns or less!

"If at first you don't suceed, don't give up!"

http://imageshack.us...6lanmarkwin.png (I can't seem to post images. I'll just post a link instead)

Chapter 25 walkthrough will be completed soon :)

Edited by FlowyS

Ace's problem is that he's so weak in the early chapters, so he has trouble catching up. I liked Rex a lot more, but neither turned out very well. :/ Kevin is near-essential for the early chapters, so he has that going for him. ^_^

Personally, I found Rex much better than Ace and Kevin. And the game does give you a ton of EXP, I promoted Rex the chapter after I got him >> Or was it the chapter I got him? Lanmark was also ridiculous. I beat him on the last turn required for the Gaiden chapter while still getting all the chests, cause I got him to switch to his Tomohawk so my Brave Swords and Itsuke could destroy him. BTW, great hack, Blazer!

Ch 14-25x walkthrough is also posted on pastebin. Bear in mind that it is still very rough and needs a bit of work. I will be removing personal experiences for a lot of the chapters if personal experiences doesn't really help the reader that much, such as in Ch 23. For personal experiences that I think does help the reader, such as in Ch 24, I will keep it.

http://pastebin.com/0PVj16Jx

Ch 25 rough walkthrough is posted.

Onward to Ch26

Chapter 25: Wounded Souls [TPLCH25]

RecommendedUnits/Items:

- Anti-Horse weapon, Anti-Armor weapon, and Heroslayer

- A mix of weak and strong weapons (because strong weapons have low durability).

- Bloody Rifle

- Thief/Assassin w/ Lockpick, and a few Door Key and Chest Keys

- Physic and Fortify

- PureWater or Barrier

- Long distance Magic such as Ray, Thunderbolt, and Eclipse

- Magic users

- Axe users

- Reaver, Brave, and High critical weapons.

- Extremely strong units. (Extremely strong units like a 20/15+ unit w/ a lot of Stat ups makes this stage much easier. Otherwise, this chapter is very difficult.)

- Items/Units to defeat Boss with (see below)

Units/Items to defeat Boss with:

- Anti-armor, Heroslayer, and Reaver weapons

- Silver weapons or better (including Sylmeria and Super Rifle)

- Brave weapons, especially Hero's Flare

- DEF/RES ignoring weapons like Onigiri, Cleave Axe, and maybe Solstice

- Powerful Magic Tomes

- Unitswith 21 AS or better

- Ifyou are feeling lucky, high Wt items with very high Mt might also be used: such weapons include A & S ranked DarkTomes, A ranked Nature Tomes, and other very high Mt weapons.

MyDeployment:

Units I want to use:

Anakin 16/18 -> 20

Kelik 20/5 -> 9

Storm 20/4 -> 11

Inanna 20/7 -> 10

Kevin 20/9 -> 12

Cia 20/16 -> 18

Tamiko 20/15

Units I kind of want to use:

Althares 20

Arthur 17 -> 20/2

Ace 20/3 -> 6

Mark 20/9 -> 18

Yue 20/7 -> 13

Logan 20/4 -> 7

Emma 20/11 -> 13

Sai 20/3 -> 6

MyTurn Count: 25

Notable Steal Loot: Don't even both stealing if you are under the turnlimit.

- Elixir, steal from Level 12 Paladin

- Elixir, steal from Level 9 Sage

- Elixir, steal from Level 13 General

- Lockpick, steal from Level 5 Thief

Notable Other Loot:

- IronRune(!), defeat Lanmark

- Elfire, defeat Level 10 Sage

- Horseslayer, defeat Level 11 Halberdier

- SilverLance or Silver Sword, defeat Level 15 Paladin

- Fortify(!), defeat Level 13 Bishop

- Physic(!), defeat Level 9 Bishop

- Swordslayer, defeat Level 12 Warrior

- SonicShot, defeat Level 10 Sniper

- PrismSword, defeat Level 13 Hero

- KillingEdge, defeat Level 15 Swordmaster

- Axereaver,defeat Level 10 Halberdier

- SilverLance, defeat Level 13 General

- SuperRifle, defeat Level 14 Sniper

- AngelicRobe(!), Top center chest.

- Luxus, Mid center chest

- EnergyRing(!), Bottom center chest.

- 7000gold, left E chest

- Blazer'sDrops(!), right E chest

- Elixir, left NW chest

- Fimbulvetr, right NW chest

Events:

- 25x

- Kevin fights Lanmark, conversation.

Enemy Reinforcements:

- Thief from SE for Turn 5. It will move toward E chests, then central chests, and then NW chests.

- 2 Warriors from W for Turn 5,7

- 2 Paladins from SE for Turn 5,7,12,14,16,25-27

- Sage from NW for Turn 12,14,16

Boss: Lanmark Level 20 General

75 HP – 27 STR – 27 SKL – 24 SPD – 20 LUCK – 24 DEF– 15 RES

Items: Spear,Tomahawk, Iron Rune(dropped).

Before we start, decide either to get 25x or not. The difficulty gap between getting Ch25x or not is a big one. If you choose to not get it, this chapter will be a lot easier. Otherwise, the turn count limit will amp up the difficulty to the extreme! One thing is note is that the enemies here give a ton of experience, allowing you toturn a weak 20/5 unit into a strong 20/15 unit. In turn, that 20/15 unit can be used to defeat the boss.

If Choose not to go for 25x, Early Game:

Play very defensively and slowly work your way through thestages. Be very careful of enemyreinforcements because it could turn the tide of the battle. Slowly work your way to the boss. Lure enemies 1 by 1 and just take your time. No need to rush things.

If Choose to go for 25x, Early Game:

Turn 1 – Have bow user Bloody Rifle the left Sniper. Barrier/Pure Water a very tanky Javelin/Hand Axe user and then have Anakin motivate it to attract 2 Halberdiers+ 1 Sage + 1 Runesword Paladin, but out of the other Silver Lance Paladin's range. Move the rest of your team behind Anakin, and get prepared to attack next turn. (It doesn't matter if Anakin is in the range of 2 Halberdiers, they will attack tanky unit because they know they can't kill Anakin). Enemy will have 1 or 2 Snipers to attack. 2 Halberdier + 1 Sage + 1 Runesword Paladin will attack tanky unit. Even if your unit would die if the 2 Halberdier,Sage, and Runesword Paladin all hits, it is unlikely they all hit so it should be an acceptable risk. On a really bad RNG screwed day, just restart the chapter.

Turn 2 – Keep using Bloody Rifle on the Snipers. Defeat 2 Halberdiers, Sage, and Runesword Paladin. Move another unit to attract Thunderbolt Sage* and Silver lance Paladin. Enemy Silver Lance Paladin attacks and Enemy Sage Thunderbolts,

Thunderbolt left 4/5.

*Rather than trying to tank the enemy Sage, you can try an Eclipse + Thunderbolt + motivate combo to defeat it. However, I recommend tanking the Thunderbolt in order to conserve item durability.

Turn 3 – Bloody Rifle enemy Sniper again. Defeat Silver Lance Paladin. Lure Druid and both Heroes. Preferably lure Druid with light magic, Silver Axe Hero with sword, and Silver Sword Hero with lance. Don't use weak units because you will take 2 attacks for each of the unit that is luring. Anakin can be used to tank the Druid and motivate a unit into position to lure a Hero. (First move one unit 9 squares from Druid, Have Anakin move 8 squares from Druid then motivate, then have motivated unit go lure a Hero). Enemy Druid, Silver Axe Hero, and Silver Sword Hero each attack one enemy. Sage Thunderbolts your weakest unit in range, 3/5 Thunderbolt left.

Turns 4 – Defeat the Druid and both Heroes, Bloody Rifle the Snipers if they are still alive. Start charging your team toward the left path to the boss, make sure that each of your unit can survive a Thunderbolt hit. If you want the 7000 gold chest, start moving 2 long range magic users (or Anakin + 1 long range magic user) toward the SE corner to try to defeat the Thief. Alternatively, you can motivate an extremely strong unit (20/20 w/pretty much all maxed stats and charge through 4 Warriors w/ Physic support to reach the Thief). Enemy Sage Thunderbolts, 2/5 Thunderbolt left.

Turn 5 – Bloody Rifle again if Snipers are still alive. Defeat the Thief using either Ray+ Ray combo, Thunderbolt + Ray combo, Thunderbolt + motivate combo, or Eclipse+ Ray/Thunderbolt (Eclipse has a very low chance to hit so it requires a lot of RNG luck). Enemy Sage Thunderbolts, 1/5Thunderbolt left.

For the rest of the turns, send a very strong attack force + Kelik or Anakin + Liuke toward the left path that leads to the NW chests and later the boss, I recommended about 5-6 of your strongest units, including a main character to seize. Make sure those units have a weapon that can do at least 10 damage tothe boss. If not, it is probably bette rto send them toward the central area. Send the rest of your weaker units toward the central area to defeat the Reinforcement Sage and Paladins, as well as to collect the treasures in the central area. Ideally, you want to loot all the chests before the enemy Thief gets there around Turn 16. Though, be careful of the Ray Bishop when looting chests.

The enemy uses a lot of different type of units. Together they are strong, but individually weak. Slowly lure them and defeat them one or one(or two by two, since we are on a turn limit here). Charge as fast as you possibly can, even taking risks if you feel it is acceptable. The faster you defeat the enemies, the better! Brave and high critical weapons are extremely useful against most enemies here. Exploit the enemy's weakness and be victorious!

The NW Area enemies:

Reinforcement Warriors Turns 5, 7 – Counter w/ swords, magic, and Axereavers

Horseslayer Halberdier – Counter w/ magic, axes, and Lancereaver

Hand Axe Warrior – Counter w/ swords, axereaver, and magic

Prism Sword Hero – Counter w/ Nature Magic, Swordreaver/slayer, and lances.

Thunder Sage – Counter w/ Dark magic and strong physical attacks.

Silver Bow Sniper – Counter w/ High DEF units, and close range attacks

Killing Edge Swordmaster – Counter w/ high DEF units, lances, Swordreaver/slayer, and ranged attacks.

Fenrir Druid – Counter w/ physical attacks and Light Magic

Brave Bow Sniper – Counter w/ high DEF ranged attackers (be careful of Ray Bishop)

Axereaver Halberdier – Counter w/ swords and magic

The central area enemies:

Reinforcement Sages Turn 12, 14, 16 – Counter w/ Physical attacks and Dark Magic

Reinforcement Paladins Turn 5, 7, 12, 14, 16 – Counterw/ Anti-horse weapons, high DEF units.

Valkyrie w/ Aircalibur and Physic. Valkyrie w/ Elfire and Physic – Counter w/ Anti-horse weapons and Dark Magic.

Sage w/ Thunderbolt (should have run out) andThunder – Counter w/ Dark Magic and physical attacks.

Bishop w/ Radiance and Fortify – Counter w/ NatureMagic and physical attacks.

Swordmaster w/ Silver Sword – Counter w/ high DEF units, Lances, and Swordreaver/slayer.

General w/ Silver Lance - Counter w/ high DEF units, axes, and magic

Warrior w/ Swordslayer - Counter w/ lances and ranged attacks

3 Paladins – Counter w/ Anti-horse weapons, magic attacks, High DEF units.

LateGame:

When nearing the the boss, don't forget about the Ray Bishop! If you are very unlucky, Ray has a small chance to crit on very low LUCK units. However, that is unlikely to happen so charge through even with 5 LUCK units. At Turn 17, the enemy Thief would have opened the central chest area. If most enemies around the central area are dead, then feel free to kill the Thief for Blazer'sDrops. Otherwise, just wait for the enemy Thief to go to the NW area and steal/defeat it there. By Turn 20, you should be nearing Lanmark with your strongest units. Make sure to equip the very best weapons against him. I find that Hero's Flare, Cleave Axe, Sylmeria, Heroslayer, and anti-Armor weapons are very effective VS him, as well as any other weapons Iisted before. Lanmark does have a very big chance to dodge most attacks with 88 Avoid so a bit of luck might be needed to defeat him in 26 Turns or less. You also need to be able to take some risk since Lanmark has 23 crit with Spear and 18 crit with Tomahawk. High LUCK units will help toreduce the crit chance. It's up to you if you want to risk attacking with low LUCK units, but generally 10 crit is an acceptable risk because we are on a time limit here. Fortify is extremely useful here as you can attack with a ton of units, and then use Fortify to heal your entire army at once! If there are extra turns left after defeating Lanmark, clean up the rest of the enemies, get all the chests, and use heal+motivate for extra exp.

editted: on second thought, I'll be removing the personal experiences for Ch24 and slightly updating it to include slightly better tactics. I'm also thinking of removing My Deployment and My Turn Count and replacing it with something like recommended unit level and turn limit instead. Do you think that is a better idea to remove My Deployment or keep it the way it is?

Edited by FlowyS

They're supposed to be a secret, but there's a guide here: http://www.feshrine.net/thelastpromise/sidequests.html

If you don't want to be spoiled by the guide, I guess I'd just say "be an overachiever", since most of the requirements for getting them require you to... well, achieve more than what's required, I guess.

They don't actually do anything yet but as the guide says, if you get them all, you'll get some extra bonus content. Since the bonus content is actually pretty nice IMO, I gave an alternative to getting all the secrets (in case someone missed them but doesn't want to go back and replay not only the main game but the post-game), but the alternative is much more grueling than spending a little time on getting the secrets during the main-game (hint: you're going to have to play for hours to bypass the requirement of having the Seven Secrets).

@FlowyS I think "recommended level" is a bit tough in games like FE where levels often vary dramatically, so maybe just keep your team and make a note of the highest and lowest levels--"units that are this weak shouldn't be used, and if you have units too much stronger than this, you're not distributing experience well enough" or something.

Do you have a Merchant in this game ? And if yes, when ?

There's no informatin in the guide, and at Chapter 7x, I'll have difficulty to keep all the Items...

Also, are Corben and Gordon the same person ? That's something that's bugging me.

...Anyway thanks for the game and the guide !

Yes, due to various reasons (e.g. lack of maturity), Gordon had to be renamed to Corben. Not sure where it says Gordon, but it shouldn't, and if you could let me know so I can fix that'd be great.

The merchant does not appear until part 2. I wouldn't buy too many items/I would watch how many you currently have because without a merchant, you can only keep what you can carry which is relatively realistic. Most people don't have too much of an issue--just keep an inventory slot or two and check enemy inventories ahead of time so you know which enemies drop items and which don't (and thus you can plan accordingly so that you don't have to drop too many items). Can't think of anything else to say about that... XP

Yes, due to various reasons (e.g. lack of maturity), Gordon had to be renamed to Corben. Not sure where it says Gordon, but it shouldn't, and if you could let me know so I can fix that'd be great.

The merchant does not appear until part 2. I wouldn't buy too many items/I would watch how many you currently have because without a merchant, you can only keep what you can carry which is relatively realistic. Most people don't have too much of an issue--just keep an inventory slot or two and check enemy inventories ahead of time so you know which enemies drop items and which don't (and thus you can plan accordingly so that you don't have to drop too many items). Can't think of anything else to say about that... XP

It's because the site says both names, so it sounded strange. It's in fact only says Corben for the first time and else it says Gordon.

I may have buy more than needed. It force me to use every Stat Boosting Item, which isn't necessary a bad thing. Well 7x was the hardest at this level.

Just one more thing. You keep your Items in part 2, right ?

While doing Ch26,

the augury said to bring representives from Atheya, Valencia, Blaine, and Alicia. Can you tell me who are the representives and what do they do in this chapter? I have no idea what this means.

Also in Ch26, there is a day and night cycle. I'm also not sure which time is dark and which time is bright. Can you please tell me which turn will be bright and which turn will be dark?

Having this info will make the walkthrough a bit more complete; help is appreciated.

As a little something extra, found some small errors in the game.

1. Alustrona should be S class, but its description says A class.

2. There could be a stacked unit when reinforcement Bishop spawns at the General fort, making both General and Bishop occupy the same square.

3. Somehow I broke the game when I use Ace w/ Steel Lance on a Heroslayer General.

4. On the meeting, one of the senator's beard is all pixels?

5. Kelik misspells creature as "ceature".

Here is the picture below to show all these small errors.

http://img838.images...6/tlperrors.jpg

@FlowyS I think "recommended level" is a bit tough in games like FE where levels often vary dramatically, so maybe just keep your team and make a note of the highest and lowest levels--"units that are this weak shouldn't be used, and if you have units too much stronger than this, you're not distributing experience well enough" or something.

I'll make a note of my highest and lowest levels and keep My Deployment.

As a little something extra, found some small errors in the game.

1. Alustrona should be S class, but its description says A class. That tome is for Anakin.

2. There could be a stacked unit when reinforcement Bishop spawns at the General fort, making both General and Bishop occupy the same square. Due to FoW that happens if you can't see the tile.

4. On the meeting, one of the senator's beard is all pixels? I think Blazer already knows about that error.

Bolded answers to stuff I might know.

If you have a glitch to report (as opposed to a simple text error, personal qualm with something, etc.), please PM a savestate to blazer@feshrine.net.

Pixels, typo, and positioning will be fixed.

IIRC 24 turns is a day and so 1 turn is 1 hour. No, it's not realistic in the slightest, it's a game. Time changes are uniform each day, i.e. the same cycle should repeat 3 times.

Alice from Alicia and Levion or Leopold from Blaine will bring reinforcements if they're fielded. I think the augury is highly outdated no one reads them so if it slips past me, it seems to slip past everyone--it was originally intended for Duke Aegis (Paul) to show up for Valencia, and for nomads to appear on behalf of Haas (one of the reasons why they weren't included was strength inconsistencies; the tribes are shown as relatively weak early-game and putting them on the battlefield against such strong enemies would be suicide).

not between them, no. you gain totally new items. The exception is the Emblem Weapons (if you got both of them from part 1).

But do we keep money ?

Because I'm more and more interrested in soloing everithing with Inanna to put this Elysian Whip to good uses.

...IIRC, you don't. I'm like, 80% sure, but I haven't played the main game in a long time, so I'm not 100% sure >_>'

EDIT: somebody else could probably confirm (or deny I suppose) that you lose all your money between parts it makes more sense that way, its not like they give the money to Kevin to give to Anakin

Edited by Burning Gravity

I'm pretty sure you don't keep the money when you enter pt. 2 thought I did blow my money on those robes on chapter 10. Though I just make my own money lol.

I did solo chapter 9 with Inanna + some Boss abuses with Liquid(he survived...)... 140+ Turn, but she ended up pretty well...

Now, chapter 15. Indeed, money doesn't carry over. I think that's where my Tactics universe copy ended. these +5 HP really helped Althares in chapter 12.

And, I'll finally obtain a guiding Ring for Tamiko. That really was much neeeded...