• Geometry
    • Trigonometry
    • Calculus
    • Combinatorics/Set Theory
    • Probability/Statistics
    • Algorithms
    • Other
    • All math is horrible

I greatly dislike any form of Maths other than Stats, and that's because I'm stuck with them for Biology.

Rock on Bio majors? The math we use in chemistry is a little more fun than abstract math as well, I suppose.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like my hard abstract math'o'doom class might improve. One of the TA's gave the lecture today. He was a better lecturer than either of the professors... yeah, there's something weird going on there.

A weird thing happened though. So the previous lecture had been on generating functions. It was given really badly, and the powerpoint did not help at all. So I ended up turning one of the slides into a demotivator.

The TA used the demotivator as a lecture slide.

Hilarity ensued. I sort of curled up in my seat and tried to be invisible.

Meh, Math is about the only subject I'm consistently good at.

And I do find math very interesting.

Especially Algebra and Calculus.

And as much as I hate geometric proofs (it damages my hand more than me punching a tree), I love algebraic proofs. So much fun.

But I'm weird like that.

Well, I'm an economics major, which is little more than applied mathematics. And I don't know how far you've gone in math, but the real fun starts when you get to calculus 1. At least I think so. Hold in there miss Freohr, you'll find some math you like sooner or later.

P.S. what does the XD emoticon mean? I honestly don't know... :(

Aw I'm sorry this is so late =(

Well...... at least I could hope I can enjoy calculus... =]

XD means I'm laughing.

Aw I'm sorry this is so late =(

Well...... at least I could hope I can enjoy calculus... =]

XD means I'm laughing.

It's alright.

Don't worry. Once you get through the dirty work of all the precalculus knowledge, it gets better.

Okay. I see.

It's alright.

Don't worry. Once you get through the dirty work of all the precalculus knowledge, it gets better.

Okay. I see.

okie doke =)

I get pre-calc next year... Darn I don't like the sound of dirty work haha

Yay!!! You've been given the gift of better vision! =]

okie doke =)

I get pre-calc next year... Darn I don't like the sound of dirty work haha

Yay!!! You've been given the gift of better vision! =]

:)

Well, I meant everything before calculus in general, not just the specific pre-calc class...

Not sure I understand that part, but okay...

The only purpose math exists is to make videogames and for Fire Emblems battle system to kill enemies. Think of it this way no math = no FE ... :(

Almost everything you look at has math somewhere in it.

I actually love calculus. I'm taking AP Calc BC right now, and while my teacher is an idiot, I find it really interesting and way more practical than I thought it would be.

Oh, and FE math. That's my favorite part of debating, working through all the numbers. Much more so than the actua llogic, which is why I have more fun debating FE than any real life issues.

I still kind of hate the math course they're making me take for my CS degree as the professors are horrible at teaching it, but at least the TAs have a sense of humor; one of my answers on the exam I just took had a postscript of "and that's why washing machines are evil" and I got away with it.

I think many people hate math because few people can actually teach it. My profs right now are extremely smart (to the point of being a problem when they can't fathom how someone wouldn't understand a concept that we find hard and they find basic) but they're terrible at teaching the material. And so I find myself loathing the class.

I still love calculus though.

I still kind of hate the math course they're making me take for my CS degree as the professors are horrible at teaching it, but at least the TAs have a sense of humor; one of my answers on the exam I just took had a postscript of "and that's why washing machines are evil" and I got away with it.

I think many people hate math because few people can actually teach it. My profs right now are extremely smart (to the point of being a problem when they can't fathom how someone wouldn't understand a concept that we find hard and they find basic) but they're terrible at teaching the material. And so I find myself loathing the class.

I still love calculus though.

That is probably most people's problems... I teach it to myself. :(