The Branded

Hatari

I was wondering if anyone knew what Laguz Zelguis is branded with?

The list of the ones I know if below

Soren - Dragon

Stefan - Lion (as far as I know this was never confirmed)

Miciah - heron

Zelguis - ?

arg, there has to be more, I just can't think of any more right now.

If you were one of the branded, what laguz would you choose.

I'm obviously a wolf :), but a hawk/heron/cat wouldn't be too bad either.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zelgius is most likely a bird Laguz; I'm guessing Hawk, definitely not a Heron, although he could be a Raven.

Stefan's Japanese ending title was "Lion's Descendant", which seems like a strong hint to me.

Edited by VincentASM

She is branded indeed. If you have made Soren fight Petrine you would notice she recognizes him as the same species as her, branded people easily recognize themselves, it must be heritage of the laguz since they could also recognize a branded person.

Ah, that's why then. Soren never fought her.

So, then I guess she would be a dragon. Question is then, is she a black dragon and if so, who is her parents?

The only black dragons are:

Old King Fossil, who's name I can't spell

Rajion (Ena's Mate - so I doubt it's him)

Soren's Mother

Prince Kur. (He seems...a bit too young)

Additionally, didn't they say in Radiant Dawn that Ena's child was the first dragon to be born in hundreds of years or something like that.

I mean they do live to be really old...but it seems unlikely that she's a black dragon, unless there are others.

Raven would be interesting too, but since we only know names of three ravens and Vika is scared of the branded, I doubt it's the old crow or the backstabbing King (he's cool though, since he and Lenna get together

ooohhh, what about a black lion, not that it's giffica, but that would be interesting too and might explain her fiery temper

Edited by Hatari

They actually describe Zelgius as a "Raven haired" general in part III. I wonder...

Branded usually don't have laguz parents. They usually happen from laguz/beorc blood mixing somewhere in the family's past.

Edited by Isaac55

Ahh, true true. That's stefan's case. Soren is a direct descendant though...so I was wrongly generalizing again..

But for the dragons...it's still probably correct if she's a black dragon, which is still doubtful to my mind.

If Petrine is a raven...IDK.

Zegluis a raven? I think he looks more like a Hawk. He has the build for it. ravens are thin and fast, but not the most powerful

Edited by Hatari

Petrine could be a dragon or a raven, this is judging by her physical characteristics, as her hair and skin tone does make her seem more of a dragon descent.

Petrine probably isn't a Dragon Branded, but not because of the placement of her Brand. It is (at the very least) heavily implied that Almedha was the first and only dragon laguz to have an affair with a beorc, and it is explicitly stated that she only had one son and no daughters from that affair. In short, there's probably only one Dragon Branded in all of Tellius, and it isn't Petrine.
Did you honestly forget about this?

I dunno about what type of Branded Petrine is, but for some reason, I'm thinking either Raven, or maybe Wolf. I haven't really looked that much into this however.

Edited by LittleAl

They actually describe Zelgius as a "Raven haired" general in part III. I wonder...

I reckon that's stretching it a little. Kyza just calls him a "dark/black haired" general in the Japanese version.

Ahh, the wonderful translation problem again. LOL.

I'm not claiming to know nearly as much as Vincent, but from what I can tell (and to summarize):

Soren is confirmed to be black dragon, the son of Rajaion Ashnard and Almedha. Big mistake there. Credit to Soulette for catching that.

Micaiah is heron, descendant of Altina and Lehran (confirmed in game)

Stefan is strongly implied to be lion. His title in Japanese during the credits was given as "lion's descendant" and his Japanese name was "Soanevalcke." (excuse my butchering of the name there). Soan, as stated in the game, was a lion laguz on one of the three heroes that fought Yune 800 years ago.

Zelgius is definitely a non-heron bird. He looks like he'd be raven, but hawk is not out of the question.

Petrine was stated to be branded in a boss conversation with Soren. Judging by her appearance, she's not a beast-branded, and as stated above, Dragon is most unlikely. Judging again by appearance alone, Raven is most likely. Due to the whole blood pact of Kilvas, the ravens probably had more contact with beorc anyway, making it more likely that she and Zelgius are descendants of a raven and beorc.

Nailah specifically says that no wolves knew about countries east of the desert until she found Rafiel, so we can more than likely state that there are no wolf-branded people...

Again, just my two bits...

Edited by Randomly Predictable

I'm not claiming to know nearly as much as Vincent, but from what I can tell (and to summarize):

Soren is confirmed to be black dragon, the son of Rajaion and Almedha.

Micaiah is heron, descendant of Altina and Lehran (confirmed in game)

Stefan is strongly implied to be lion. His title in Japanese during the credits was given as "lion's descendant" and his Japanese name was "Soanevalcke." (excuse my butchering of the name there). Soan, as stated in the game, was a lion laguz on one of the three heroes that fought Yune 800 years ago.

Zelgius is definitely a non-heron bird. He looks like he'd be raven, but hawk is not out of the question.

Petrine was stated to be branded in a boss conversation with Soren. Judging by her appearance, she's not a beast-branded, and as stated above, Dragon is most unlikely. Judging again by appearance alone, Raven is most likely. Due to the whole blood pact of Kilvas, the ravens probably had more contact with beorc anyway, making it more likely that she and Zelgius are descendants of a raven and beorc.

Nailah specifically says that no wolves knew about countries east of the desert until she found Rafiel, so we can more than likely state that there are no wolf-branded people...

Again, just my two bits...

Soren is the son of Almedha and the Mad King who's name is escaping me right now. Rajaion was Ena's mate and the father of her child.

Soren was used as bait to lure Rajaion to Daien...

Aww, no wolf branded *sniff*

Edited by Hatari

@Randomly Predictable: You're not wrong about Nailah saying that no wolves knew about countries east of the desert until she found Rafiel now that I think about it. But...

Dheginsea: You... are of the wolf people?

Nailah: Yes. After the floods, we built our country to the east of the great desert.

Dheginsea: ...So we weren't the only ones to survive...

Nailah: Until we met Rafiel, we too thought ours were the only people left.

Dheginsea: In your country, are there only people of the wolf tribe?

Nailah: No, beorc live there, as well. There are also a number of what you call the "parentless." Children born of both laguz and beorc parents are still relatively few.. but they live normally among us.

Dheginsea: Is that so?

Nailah: That's probably enough chatting. Do you still intend to block our path?

Dheginsea: ...I will not deny my goddess.

Nailah: And I won't deny my conscience. I will revive those turned to stone, and you cannot stop me.

Edited by LittleAl

There are wolf branded people, just not on this side of the desert. Nailah says so at some point that unions between laguz and beorc happened occasionally in Hatari.

Edit: And it came before I finished reading the topic.

Edited by nflchamp

There are wolf branded people, just not on this side of the desert. Nailah says so at some point that unions between laguz and beorc happened occasionally in Hatari.

Edit: And it came before I finished reading the topic.

My apologies. I don't often bring Nailah to the tower, so I forgot that tidbit. Thanks for correcting me.

I think Petrine was a raven branded, mostly cause she acted like a raven.

Zelgius I think is tiger branded since someone on his father's side was "with a laguz" I can only assume beast laguz since they're most commonly seen with humans and I would say that could be cat but he seems too strong to be like a cat.

Zelgius I think is tiger branded since someone on his father's side was "with a laguz" I can only assume beast laguz since they're most commonly seen with humans and I would say that could be cat but he seems too strong to be like a cat.

No, it's definitely a bird. Check the image of Zelgius on this page http://www.serenesforest.net/fe10/cg/41.png

No, it's definitely a bird. Check the image of Zelgius on this page http://www.serenesforest.net/fe10/cg/41.png

Forgot about that, then it's probably a hawk, he seems too strong to be related to a raven.

Forgot about that, then it's probably a hawk, he seems too strong to be related to a raven.

Well, I'm not so sure. As I said a few posts ago, it's more likely to be raven simply because of the Kilvas blood pact - meaning that there was probably more raven-beorc interaction than hawk-beorc interaction.

Well, I'm not so sure. As I said a few posts ago, it's more likely to be raven simply because of the Kilvas blood pact - meaning that there was probably more raven-beorc interaction than hawk-beorc interaction.

You have to remember that that part of the family probably became that way before the pact so that's not necessarily true, though it is probable.

Raven. His appearance still reminds me of a raven. Stefan is a lion, and his hair reminds me of a lion besides the fact that is is green. Tibarn, although he is not branded, has somewhat messy hair. Zelgius has dark blue hair that is almost black. Naesala has a similar style of hair that is just a little lighter than Zelgius's hair.

Just an observation. It does make sense for a raven branded to have dark blue hair though.. Then again, there's always the fact that he could have gotten that kind of hair from beorcs too.

Edited by Isaac55