The Branded

Hatari

Hey catastrophe, during your post you seemed to be assuming there was an allele being passed down for being branded. But what would make more sense is if branded was simply a co-dominant trait expressed.

So it would be something like.

LL = laguz

ll = human

Ll = branded.

Of course, as narga pointed out, the fact that the passing down of a brand seems to always occur in the first offspring and never afterwards, it doesn't seem like it has anything to do with genetics as we understand them. (since people don't "run out" of a particular allele after passing it on through sex or anything).

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amy should be a cat then :).

Man I missed A LOT when I played, I had no idea amy could have been branded

I don't think anyone knew that she was branded.

Nah. Only everyone that actually reads info conversations and tries to think through them. Nobody does that. There is nobody anywhere that actually cares about story anymore.

Wait.. So you aren't supposed to click A and then start?

Soren's a dragon branded and he and amy have the same eyes (red).

Soren's black hair => black dragon, amy has red hair => would mean red dragon

Nasir's blue hair => Blue dragon

Dheginsea's no hair => No dragon?

It's pretty unlikely that amy is a dragon branded. Dragons are extremely uncommon outside of Goldoa.

It's pretty unlikely that amy is a dragon branded. Dragons are extremely uncommon outside of Goldoa.

good point,

I lol'd at "Dheginsea's no hair => No dragon?" XD

ena => pink dragon O.o?

Yeah, Ena's a pink dragon. She's part red and part white. Nasir is her grandfather and he's a white drago. I think it was mentioned somewhere that she's a red dragon. Either way, she attacks with str rather than magic, which would elude to her being a red dragon as well.

Edited by Hatari

Yeah, Ena's a pink dragon. She's part red and part white. Nasir is her grandfather and he's a white drago. I think it was mentioned somewhere that she's a red dragon. Either way, she attacks with str rather than magic, which would elude to her being a red dragon as well.

And, you know, her class being Red Dragon and everything. Let's not mention that, though.

And, you know, her class being Red Dragon and everything. Let's not mention that, though.

Yeah, and there is that. Haha, good call :)

Ironically, doesn't Ena come with twice as much magic than strength?

Ironically, doesn't Ena come with twice as much magic than strength?

No, 50% more base magic and 150% more magic growth (20 v. 50). Great for imbue, not so great since she attacks with strength.

I do wonder what her son would be, though. Seeing as though he's got the blood of red, white, and black dragons in him. I'm guessing that he could turn out to be even more powerful than red dragons, but not quite as strong as pure black dragons.

...I wonder if the Royal bloodlines breed true. (meaning, that no matter what they breed with, the offspring will always be a pure royal laguz).

From the sound of it, it does seem so. Leanne and Crow King (can't spell name), had one raven and one heron children, and they sounded as if they were pure.

Ena = pink, since she's not a black dragon, but I wonder if her son will be pure black, since the father was.

It's a good way to preserve the bloodlines. (Also, the idea is from a book that I read, forgot the name of it though, so all credit to that author).

Edited by Hatari

...I wonder if the Royal bloodlines breed true. (meaning, that no matter what they breed with, the offspring will always be a pure royal laguz).

From the sound of it, it does seem so. Leanne and Crow King (can't spell name), had one raven and one heron children, and they sounded as if they were pure.

Ena = pink, since she's not a black dragon, but I wonder if her son will be pure black, since the father was.

It's a good way to preserve the bloodlines. (Also, the idea is from a book that I read, forgot the name of it though, so all credit to that author).

I think a likely reason is that they are able to pass on the formshift ability.

But that seems to only go to the current king. Recall that Kurth only got that ability after his father died.

Wait, are you saying that the formshift if only usable by pure blooded royals? So are you saying that that theory might work?

Edited by Hatari

But that seems to only go to the current king. Recall that Kurth only got that ability after his father died.

Wait, are you saying that the formshift if only usable by pure blooded royals? So are you saying that that theory might work?

I'm saying that the king can choose to pass it on. Similar to Caineghis. Remeber, he is still alive when Skrimir becomes king.

I'm saying that the king can choose to pass it on. Similar to Caineghis. Remeber, he is still alive when Skrimir becomes king.

Well, that would explain why none of the herons (all royals) get that ability (that, and, it would make Reyson go from mildly broken to easily better than Ike + Haar put together).

Well, that would explain why none of the herons (all royals) get that ability (that, and, it would make Reyson go from mildly broken to easily better than Ike + Haar put together).

If the heron king (I forgot his name) died, then Rafiel would get the ability which wouldn't really help all that much.

They coul put in that herons aren't given the ability as it was lost by Lehran or something.

Aren't royal herons the only ones left anyhow?

Did Skimir have formshift?! I didn't think he did, since Caineghis had it in the final rounds...

Skimir had Laguz Gems.

No, also you are confusing Skrimir with Giffca. In the endings Skrimir becomes king BEFORE Caineghis dies.

Do you think Lorazieh has formshift? He'd be the best unit ever!biggrin.gif Too bad he became too weak to get out of bed. If only he died, then he would have passed on his formshift. Though unfortunately, Rafiel would have gotten it since he's the oldest, and he doesn't even have any use for it. Anyway, Ena's son would probably be a black dragon since his father is pure black while Ena is part white, part red, making black the highest percentage in his DNA. I wonder, is Ena 1 fourth white or 1 half white? It depends on whether it was Nasir or his child who ended out marrying a red dragon.

Edit: Oops, Ryu posted that about Lorazieh before I finished writing. And Lehran never had formshift, he wasn't a royal. He has colored wings.

Edited by Kinata

Do you think Lorazieh has formshift? He'd be the best unit ever!biggrin.gif Too bad he became too weak to get out of weak. If only he died, then he would have passed on his formshift. Though unfortunately, Rafiel would have gotten it since he's the oldest, and he doesn't even have any use for it. Anyway, Ena's son would probably be a black dragon since his father is pure black while Ena is part white, part red, making black the highest percentage in his DNA. I wonder, is Ena 1 fourth white or 1 half white? It depends on whether it was Nasir or his child who ended out marrying a red dragon.

Edit: Oops, Ryu posted that about Lorazieh before I finished writing.

You forget to mention Caineghis is able to pass his formshift on to Skrimir. I think formshift comes WITH the title.

Right, Skimir becomes king, but in game, I don't remember him ever getting formshift during the final fights. (not that I take him to the final fights anyhow).

I always took his uncle and giffca...and uncle had formshift, so I don't see how Skimir could have had it.

I want Rafiel to fly :(.

Haha, a heron with formshift, that would be sweet...Yeah I wanna know what he looks like too.

EDIT:

If it goes with the title, that could make sense too, but does the title go with pure royal blood?

Edited by Hatari

But apparently, Lorazieh isn't willing to pass on his title to his children (so selfish), prefering to remain king even if he's wasting his formshift. Hatari, Skrimir gets formshift after the game is over.

Edited by Kinata