What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, but how does this change a thing? As I stated, I have a problem here because the implications of his actions don't change. He still did what he did, and that is ultimately the problem I have.

Again, "terrible people make the show bad" type of thing.

My argument should be more like "Kirino is a terrible person presented by the show as a great person, therefore the show is bad." Like I said before, if the show hadn't worshiped Kirino the way it did, it would be much more tolerable for me.

Except she isn't presented as a great person. She is presented as a real person. I never once got the impression that the show was trying to "sell" me Kirino as some great person, or that they were trying to present her as such. I literally don't know how you could possibly say that, basically. I mean, even if everyone else in the show thought Kirino was the BEST THING EVER and had NO FLAWS (which I don't think they do), it still wouldn't mean she was being presented as a great person, because she is often portrayed at least somewhat negatively.

You think that's not "Awesome Kirino" to the fans they are so obviously trying to appeal to (the tsundere fans)?

Uh, whether that's true or not, that isn't them trying to present her as a great person.

They basically try to make a Mary Sue out of her for the fanbase. Everyone watching should be loving her.

But they aren't trying to make a Mary Sue out of her, and I can be pretty sure of that because not everyone loves her. In fact, I don't know a single Ore No Imouto fan who thinks she's such a great person, or loves her so much.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I like the show, and I like Kirino as a character because she is "real", perhaps exagerated, but still real, because the world contains quite a few selfish and "bratty" people (not just middle school girls) who appear to have everything going for them. The world is full of people who are different than they appear. I mean, because I've actually met people like Kirino, I am more inclined to like this show than the legions of anime who's heroines I will never "meet".

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Episode 7 has the most awesome moment ever...

Only the 25 first episodes are actually worthy...after that I couldn't wait for it to end...

Edited by Shuuda

Watching Yoshinaga-san’chi no Gargoyle. It's based on a light novel. The original character design for the light novel was done by Yuji Himukai who is somewhat well known for his character designs for the Etrian Odyssey series. Can you guess why I'm watching it? :awesome:Goddamn I'm lame...

You would think that Norio Wakamoto voicing a character that is practically immobile wouldn't so exciting but holy crap is he awesome.

Fun show. But there was that one part in episode two that won't unseen for a while... *shivers*

Edited by Ein Silver Rose

I enjoyed D.Gray-man...whether you watch it or not is up to you, apparently I don't have very good taste in anime.

D. Gray-man is a pretty good show IMO. Allen Walker is alright character, I do enjoy the rest of the cast to. I am in a rut for shows to watch atm. I am viewing Air right now, trying to push on through the series. I have quite a list of watched shows. I am currently awaiting anymore news on Shakugan no Shana Season 3, since I enjoyed the first two seasons plus S was an alright OVA series. Oh has nayone been keeping up with Fairy Tail what are they up to right now I fell off the show during the Oricon Seis Arc.

Oh has nayone been keeping up with Fairy Tail what are they up to right now I fell off the show during the Oricon Seis Arc.

I am, and have been pretty much since the beginning. It's still in the Orasion Seis arc, though it looks to be nearing the end. I can't recall exactly where, though. This arc doesn't seem quite as good as many of the previous ones.

Watching Yoshinaga-san’chi no Gargoyle. It's based on a light novel. The original character design for the light novel was done by Yuji Himukai who is somewhat well known for his character designs for the Etrian Odyssey series. Can you guess why I'm watching it? :awesome:Goddamn I'm lame...

You would think that Norio Wakamoto voicing a character that is practically immobile wouldn't so exciting but holy crap is he awesome.

Fun show. But there was that one part in episode two that won't unseen for a while... *shivers*

Instant awesome, just add Wakamoto.

Watching Mahou Shoujo Magoka Magica even though the internet has spoiled two VERY IMPORTANT aspects of the anime.

Watch faster.

In other news, at the yearly multi-room anime screening that my university club hosts, I caught the first episodes of Bokurano, which I had never watched. I will have to remedy that shortly.

Mostly old stuff.

Most recent:

FMA (original series): Second time going through the episodes and just needed something to watch while trying to find a way to see Brotherhood in decent quality. Finished.

Fruits Basket: Another anime I started watching while waiting around. Finished.

Desert Punk: No comment ...

Devil May Cry: Not very far into this one but it's okay.

FMA:B: I'm renting dvds for this one and I'm only up to disk 2(which hasn't gotten here yet due to "very long wait").

I am, and have been pretty much since the beginning. It's still in the Orasion Seis arc, though it looks to be nearing the end. I can't recall exactly where, though. This arc doesn't seem quite as good as many of the previous ones.

That's quite a disappointment for the series.....oh well I'll play catch up when a new arc starts then.

Started watching Gosick right now I am quite enjoying that series so far. It's up to episode 7 and the little mini arcs of mysteries are quite enjoyable. Also I was watching Fighting Beauty Wulong but I came across some pretty terrible translations around episode 17 I believe. Anyone know if a fansub group actually completed this series, and season 2 Rebirth?