What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

So I finished Rosario Vampire. I didn't expect much out of it, and got what I expected, which wasn't much. Had good art, cute characters, and nothing else. I think it would have been cooler if:

They made Tsukune half-vampire/half-human, kinda like Araragi in Bakemonogatari. Instead he was just a dumb harem lead who had cute girls fawning over him for no reason and protecting him with cool powers and shit was generic/10.

I watched the first two OVAs of Hellsing Ultimate with a friend of mine and it's been pretty legit so far. Some really nice action, and Alucard is as badass as I've been told.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I finished Rosario Vampire. I didn't expect much out of it, and got what I expected, which wasn't much. Had good art, cute characters, and nothing else. I think it would have been cooler if:

They made Tsukune half-vampire/half-human, kinda like Araragi in Bakemonogatari. Instead he was just a dumb harem lead who had cute girls fawning over him for no reason and protecting him with cool powers and shit was generic/10.

That's why you don't watch the anime, and read the manga where Tsukune is one of the best Harem MC's...

Also, though it's been a while since I saw the anime and they may have changed the reasons, the girls reasons for falling in love with him are a lot more believable than in most harems. Especially Kurumu and Mizore. Ruby and somewhat Yukari, not so much.

Well it's not like the anime really leaves you off with a good ending, so I may as well check the manga out.

In other news a lot of the anime that's come out this week seem to be "build-up" episodes for the upcoming finales

I have started watching an older ('90) anime called Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water. It's delightful. Highly recommended, especially for Pokemon fans (the first antagonist has a striking resemblance to Jesse from Team Rocket).

The dub isn't bad, either.

Still haven't watched Jojo or Psycho Pass yet, but I think Shinsekai Yori's ED is my favorite. There's a lot of good OPs to choose from but I think To Love Ru: Darkness's might be my favorite right now.

I would highly recommend you start watching JoJo immediately. And also reading the manga.

I'm getting there! I finished Cromartie Highschool today, which was pretty funny. It's a slice of life comedy, so there isn't really much continuity, and a whole lot of things don't make sense, but once you get used to the style you appreciate the humor more.

Plan on watching Acchi Kocchi next since I've had like 10 different people recommend it to me, including one of our lovely mods, so I wanna see what all the hype is about.

Speaking of things meeting their hype, Hellsing Ultimate is really really good. Alucard is quite the badass.

So I finished both seasons of Hayate the Combat Butler (not counting the one coming out right now, "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" since that's just filler). Probably one of the funnier shows I've seen, and the characters were really likable. I feel like I didn't catch all the jokes since my anime knowledge isn't THAT great, but the ones I did catch were pretty funny (when Hinagiku started singing "Cruel Angel's Thesis" I lost it lol). I'm reading the manga now and it's also pretty funny.

Also caught up in Magi. I really like this show probably because its setting is in the Middle East. Their attempts at using Arabic is absolutely horrible, but the idea of the show is pretty interesting. It's probably the next long term shounen anime, but it seems pretty interesting right now so I'd suggest it.

Started Ao no Exorcist and just about to finally start Acchi Kocchi. The former seems interesting so far but hasn't done anything to really blow me away just yet, but I'm enjoying it so far.

(not counting the one coming out right now, "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" since that's just filler)

I'm no manga reader, but I've heard that it's only the actual story arc that's anime original, but it was still written by the manga author and is, quite honestly, pretty good. I actually like this season more than the other two.

And honestly, the second half of the first 52-episode season is practically all filler :P:.

I'm no manga reader, but I've heard that it's only the actual story arc that's anime original, but it was still written by the manga author and is, quite honestly, pretty good. I actually like this season more than the other two.

And honestly, the second half of the first 52-episode season is practically all filler :P:.

You are literally the first person out of at least 10 people I actually know that said they liked this season. Everyone else says it's bad, so I took their word for it.

True, but I still found it hilarious. The "Butler Wars" and the battle with the superintendent was funny. After that it kinda died out though. I liked the first season's art better than the other two seasons though.

Yeah, all the fans seem to hate the new season, but I kept getting more irritated as the series went on and almost didn't watch the new season just because I didn't think I wanted anymore. The first half or so of the season is basically the same as before, but then it gets into a serious story arc. That, at least, people seem to like, at least from what I see in the episode discussions.

Yeah, all the fans seem to hate the new season, but I kept getting more irritated as the series went on and almost didn't watch the new season just because I didn't think I wanted anymore. The first half or so of the season is basically the same as before, but then it gets into a serious story arc. That, at least, people seem to like, at least from what I see in the episode discussions.

Yeah you could feel it towards the end of each season, how nothing "new" was happening anymore. I feel like this happens in a lot of romcoms tbh (if the recently finished Chuuniibyou counts, it's a good example), and I start losing interest due to that. I still felt a little sad when I finished the second season because there was still a lot of things that weren't really answered yet, hence why I'm reading the manga.

Speaking of good manga, Tokuchi continues to exceed my expectations with his badassedness in One Outs. They have a new crew to translate the chapters too, so it actually won't take months for a new chapter to come out.

Oh and I think Chuunibyou ended well. I didn't really like the second half as much since it transitioned from lighthearted comedy to serious/romantic stuff. It felt like they tried a bit hard to make things serious and it was unnatural. I think it ended on a good note though and went full circle.

if I had my computer, I would be watching SAO... Three weeks.

IMAGINE THAT. THREE FCKING EPISODES WITHOUT SAO/COMPUTER. :Idoun:

That's too bad since these are relatively some of the better episodes. It's the best part of the arc.

Acchi Kocchi was a really really cute show.

Contemplating catching up in Jojo now since I can't really think of an anime that I really want to watch right now.

Just finished Eureka 7 with my little bros. If you like mecha anime with a twist, I suggest it. Great characters and character development, interesting plot, some good action, and a little romance. You can also tell that it's based off Eva, but a bit different.

Edited by Helios

So K is gonna have a second season that will in theory make sense of all the plot holes of the first season. Overall it was an ok first season but they decided way too late to actually have shit happen and couldn't make up for all of it which was expected/10. It's too bad since the sound and visuals were really good.

So I'm on episode 6 of Jojo's Bizzare Adventure and I admit that I think the dialogue is even more epic than the action, which is also pretty epic. It's as manly of a show as I could have ever hoped for.

EDIT: All caught up in the Jojo anime now and I must say it's pretty awesome. Starting to see why everyone loves it now.

Edited by Helios

EDIT: All caught up in the Jojo anime now and I must say it's pretty awesome. Starting to see why everyone loves it now.

Yes, you are only starting to see. There is yet more to see on why everyone loves it. It will blow your mind.

gg should also be faster with their subs, especially because of that new years delay bs. >8(

Yes, you are only starting to see. There is yet more to see on why everyone loves it. It will blow your mind.

gg should also be faster with their subs, especially because of that new years delay bs. >8(

Do you know how far the anime is gonna go? I'm wondering if I should wait until the end of the season and then read the manga if it doesn't finish (which it probably won't since Jojo is a super long manga).

The anime is currently slated for 26 episodes, which I believe is supposed to cover the first two arcs (Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency). I've heard they want to do more, but it depends on how successful it is.

The anime is currently slated for 26 episodes, which I believe is supposed to cover the first two arcs (Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency). I've heard they want to do more, but it depends on how successful it is.

This second arc must be pretty long then. The first one ended at like 9 episodes didn't it?

On a side note I really missed Shinsekai Yori.

I just finished Chuunibyou as well, but wasn't very impressed. Then again, I wasn't very impressed by Toradora back in the day, either...

Chuunibyou is better than Sword Art Online, though.

I just liked all the characters a lot. Whereas in Toradora I was only truly fond of Taiga and Ryuuji, I actually liked the entire cast of Chuunibyou. I think twelve episodes was way too short though, a good twenty would have been more suitable.

This second arc must be pretty long then. The first one ended at like 9 episodes didn't it?

On a side note I really missed Shinsekai Yori.

It's actually about as long as the first, which is odd. Maybe they'll concentrate more on the battle scenes or something.

They're up to Santana awakening, right? It's already getting well into the arc by this point.