What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

Finally finished FMP season 1 and I liked it a lot! I'm enjoying watching Fumoffu again (now that I actually know more about these characters), but I'm slightly hesitant to immediately jump into The Second Raid right after that; from what I heard, it sounds like its gonna be a major mood whiplash after the comedy and light heartedness of season 2...

And now that I'm one episode away from finishing Gosick (which omg is sooo good! I'm so worried the end is gonna be sad though; still tearing up as I type :cry:), I kinda want to try something new (before Robotics;Notes Funimation dub comes out). After a friend recommended it, I realized that I had never seen Shakugan no Shana. As someone who typically has a tolerance for most tsunderes (which is really the only thing I know about this anime, that it stars the "original" Rie Kugimiya tsundere girl), would it be something good to watch???

I'm also considering starting The Pet Girl of Sakurasou (I think that's what it's called)...

And all I can say about the Steins;Gate movie is that it was beautiful and one of the better anime movies I have ever seen. It only added to the wonderful experience for me that was Steins;Gate. After watching the Steins;Gate series, it was in my Top Ten Favorite Anime List; after watching the movie, it got bumped up somewhere into my Top Five. Simply fantastic! :D

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching Serial Experiment Lain at the moment in addition to the ongoing series (Nagi no Asukara, Gundam Build Fighters and some others). I'm still at the start (ep3), but I can see how it will blow one's mind.

I'm also considering starting The Pet Girl of Sakurasou (I think that's what it's called)...

While this show has some problems (and many hate it for them), I think it's fine (although it differ from the LN) and enjoyed it. Go for it, if you like romcoms (and girls with autism).

I'm currently watching Magi: Kingdom of magi. Its quite awesome if you forgive the slip up at the end of the first season.

Its the only anime I'm currently watching since the others where either so long that I stopped or I already finished them.

Finally finished FMP season 1 and I liked it a lot! I'm enjoying watching Fumoffu again (now that I actually know more about these characters), but I'm slightly hesitant to immediately jump into The Second Raid right after that; from what I heard, it sounds like its gonna be a major mood whiplash after the comedy and light heartedness of season 2...

And now that I'm one episode away from finishing Gosick (which omg is sooo good! I'm so worried the end is gonna be sad though; still tearing up as I type :cry:), I kinda want to try something new (before Robotics;Notes Funimation dub comes out). After a friend recommended it, I realized that I had never seen Shakugan no Shana. As someone who typically has a tolerance for most tsunderes (which is really the only thing I know about this anime, that it stars the "original" Rie Kugimiya tsundere girl), would it be something good to watch???

TSR confirmed for mood whiplash. I think I mentioned as much earlier at some point, so maybe that's what you're remembering.

Shakugan no Shana had a solid first season, its second season was kind of meh, and its third season outright jumped the shark, imo (and as far as I can remember, it's been awhile). It's definitely better than e.g. Zero no Tsukaima, but if you want to watch a Rie Kugimiya tsundere, I'd probably have to recommend Taiga from Toradora.

Also, and this is completely unrelated and I have no idea if you even would enjoy it, but I just remembered that I had an amazing time with Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro. Consider giving that a try if you've found yourself running short on other options. It definitely has its flaws, but it still manages to shine past them, in my opinion.

Seitokai Yakuindomo 2, Witch Craft Works, Nisekoi, Hamatora, Log Horizon, Pupa, Sakurai Trick, Golden Time, Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta, Hoozuki no Reitetsu, Arakawa Under the Bridge X Bridge aaaand some other random older stuff.

Yup.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've done myself in. I got wrapped up in One Piece. Only 100 episodes in, got a helluva long way to go. I'll probably just read the manga so I can cover a lot of ground whilst I catch up to Fairy Tail before that starts up again.

Don't judge me for being an entry level new-person idiot-thing. I happen to love entry-level.

I'm still waiting for a Mahou Sensei Negima anime that follows the manga now that the Manga is finished but I seriously doubt it will happen :/

Also I'm finally starting a Tenchi series I should have awhile ago

Tenchi in Tokyo, I loved Universe and the original OVA series

Last one I watched was (The color of desperation is) Perfect Blue.

Finished reading also the "Alternative Universes Tournament" fan-comic dedicated to Dragonball (full of "what if" stories made canon by other universes existing).

Legit manga finished recently was "Petshop of Horror"... it made me reflex on humanity and the fact that I like 90% female and 10% male characters.

Right now, I'm somewhere in Season 2 of Sailor Moon. Really corny stuff there xD

Also, I'm thinking about finishing up Attack on Titan, as well as trying to find English dubs or subs of Stein's Gate.

Right now, I'm somewhere in Season 2 of Sailor Moon. Really corny stuff there xD

Also, I'm thinking about finishing up Attack on Titan, as well as trying to find English dubs or subs of Stein's Gate.

Y'know, I should probably finish Attack on Titan when I have time too. I think I had 2-3 episodes left before I stopped and forgot to finish it.

Steins;Gate dubs and subs are rather easy to find and both are phenomenal so you can't go wrong either way; all up to personal preference. Although I personally give a full recommendation to watch the english dub if possible. In the world of dubs, Funimation is top quality, and I truly believe this to be one of the best dubs Funimation has ever made, which for me is saying something. On the other hand, the subs have the amazing Mamoru Miyano, so you're in for a treat no matter what you pick.

Yes, Steins;Gate is one of my favorite things in the world at the moment, so forgive me if I'm fangirling a bit hard... XD

3 episodes away from being caught up on Fairy Tail, until it resumes this April. Then I'll start charging into the rest of One Piece (at 144 in that)

Been watching Cowboy Bebop. Fucking awesome sci-fi anime with a nice mixture of western elements and film noir elements.

Let's see.... I kinda only have from episode 14 till the finale to watch. Then after that, watch the movie, then watch first season of Silver Spoon .

Edited by Hawk

I'm still waiting for a Mahou Sensei Negima anime that follows the manga now that the Manga is finished but I seriously doubt it will happen :/

Also I'm finally starting a Tenchi series I should have awhile ago

Tenchi in Tokyo, I loved Universe and the original OVA series

Mahou Sensei Negima! Mō Hitotsu no Sekai

and

http://negima.wikia.com/wiki/Anime_Final

I suppose you'd take a look.

I'm really enjoying HSD:Kenichi, Kongou Banchou, and Reborn right now.

Been watching Cowboy Bebop. Fucking awesome sci-fi anime with a nice mixture of western elements and film noir elements.

Let's see.... I kinda only have from episode 14 till the finale to watch. Then after that, watch the movie, then watch first season of Silver Spoon .

Cowboy Bebop only gets better. It's so great. Strangely though, it's only currently my 5th favorite anime. I still love the hell out of it.

Cowboy Bebop only gets better. It's so great. Strangely though, it's only currently my 5th favorite anime. I still love the hell out of it.

I don;t even know how to go about making a list. I cannot quantify my feelings for the shows i've watched.

I am currently watching Cowboy Bebop too.