How different would PoR be if Mist was the main sword-swinging lord?

Well, there would definitely have to be far better staves that only Ike can use. He'd also get some sort of magic in tier 1.

Of course, he's getting some sort of magic that only he can use as well. Probably light, though he'd be a prime candidate for a mage knight after promotion

There'd easily be a lot less cliche in the story, with the big brother aiding the little sister on her journey. And he'd have way better magic growth, of course. Mist can keep her 40% str growth; after all, lord characters are supposed to be weak, right?

In fact, they can both be mage knights now that I think of it. Ike would start with staves and get anima tomes and a horse after promtion; Mist would start with swords and get light magic and a horse after her promotion. They'd both be able to damage BK with their ultimate weapons, and they'd have some sort of tag-team attack (similar to a triangle attack).

I dunno, it sounds like an interesting idea.

Oh, when I say all the characters are the same, I mean with respect to how they interacted with the duo in question if they switched places.

Like Soren is loyal to Mist instead of Ike. And Shinon's irrational hatred and contempt of Ike was of Mist instead. And Ike was the one who stayed with Rolf more than Mist did. And Elincia would have "Her Lady Mist" instead of "Her Lord Ike."

The whole idea really amuses me. :awesome:

Well, there would definitely have to be far better staves that only Ike can use. He'd also get some sort of magic in tier 1.

Of course, he's getting some sort of magic that only he can use as well. Probably light, though he'd be a prime candidate for a mage knight after promotion

There'd easily be a lot less cliche in the story, with the big brother aiding the little sister on her journey. And he'd have way better magic growth, of course. Mist can keep her 40% str growth; after all, lord characters are supposed to be weak, right?

In fact, they can both be mage knights now that I think of it. Ike would start with staves and get anima tomes and a horse after promtion; Mist would start with swords and get light magic and a horse after her promotion. They'd both be able to damage BK with their ultimate weapons, and they'd have some sort of tag-team attack (similar to a triangle attack).

I dunno, it sounds like an interesting idea.

I could definitely get behind this idea, particularly the variations when promoted. Of course, I can't imagine what Brawl would have been like (maybe we would have got Sigurd after all).

I could definitely get behind this idea, particularly the variations when promoted. Of course, I can't imagine what Brawl would have been like (maybe we would have got Sigurd after all).

Well, unfortunately, Sothe (FE10 version) is probably who we'd be stuck with, since it'd be hard to have either a paladin or mage in Brawl. Then again, I can sort of see it with Soren. He'd attack with his book (if you've played SO2, I'm thinking along the lines of Leon) and use his magic as specials much with the MOTHER characters' PSI attacks. His final smash would be Rexcalibur...

It sure would be cool and stuff, but Mist as Ike in RD would be better.

As she'd become some unkillable Rambo-type, storywise.

Haha. I wanna see Mist rescue Lucia and be all like "ya I'm cool I can fight w/ one arm on my sword and another around a hawt babe".

EDIT: Maybe she should rescue geoffrey instead :)

Edited by SeverIan

Well, unfortunately, Sothe (FE10 version) is probably who we'd be stuck with, since it'd be hard to have either a paladin or mage in Brawl. Then again, I can sort of see it with Soren. He'd attack with his book (if you've played SO2, I'm thinking along the lines of Leon) and use his magic as specials much with the MOTHER characters' PSI attacks. His final smash would be Rexcalibur...

It wouldn't be hard at all to put sigurd in a smash bros game. They took fox out of his arwing for the first time in smash 64, and they could do the same thing with sigurd's mount.

Oh, when I say all the characters are the same, I mean with respect to how they interacted with the duo in question if they switched places.

Like Soren is loyal to Mist instead of Ike. And Shinon's irrational hatred and contempt of Ike was of Mist instead. And Ike was the one who stayed with Rolf more than Mist did. And Elincia would have "Her Lady Mist" instead of "Her Lord Ike."

The whole idea really amuses me. :awesome:

I think its more amusing if you don't change anything but the classes, so that Ike the wimpy staff user is still leading a gang of mercenaries.

Well, let's all imagine the scenario.

Mist would look much muscular. MUCH muscular. Like freaking scary. She'd be the loli from hell, with a short skirt to boot.

Ike would turn into a pansyass who is now part of a yaoi threesome (Boyd-Ike-Rolf).

*shudders*

Edited by Sho Minamimoto

Well, let's all imagine the scenario.

Mist would look much muscular. MUCH muscular. Like freaking scary. She'd be the loli from hell, with a short skirt to boot.

Mist using Aether would be similar to a crit from Ilyana in one respect.

• 2 weeks later...

Ike as a staff user would be a shitty idea. I would like it both of them were lord and Mist had some altered growths.

They tried that, remember? It's called FE8.