They just broke our quote pyramids!

Mousefire

When you quote someone it doesn't include the previous quote!

That kinda ruins some fun...

I brought it up on the ticket system. I'd like to know if this was intentional, and if so, the reasoning behind it. It might just be a part of the forum hardcode now and beyond the power of the admin to change it, for all we now.

I brought it up on the ticket system. I'd like to know if this was intentional, and if so, the reasoning behind it. It might just be a part of the forum hardcode now and beyond the power of the admin to change it, for all we now.

Example

Dunno. We used to never have quote pyramids before, back in the old IPB versions in like Winter-Spring of 2009. :/

What? :(

Quote pyramids are awesome.

I don't mind them, and it is useful when you want to trace a full argument. I'd say a 7-10 recursion limit would have been preferred to an outright ban, but still, super-long pyramids do get annoying after awhile.

Also, isn't there a problem with spacing? If you quote somebody, all the spacing between lines of words go away. P:

I don't mind them, and it is useful when you want to trace a full argument. I'd say a 7-10 recursion limit would have been preferred to an outright ban, but still, super-long pyramids do get annoying after awhile.

Does this get past it?

What? :(

Quote pyramids are awesome.

Like this. Microsoft word works also....

I agree. On FEP, there was a giant pyramid of saying the same phrase. I thought it was funny, but that was my very first quote pyramid. It does get annoying after a while, though.

I see. Anyway, how do you propose to get around that until the moderators get around to answering my ticket on the subject.

It probably won't be answered any time soon. Maybe Tino will check it, but maybe not.

I agree. On FEP, there was a giant pyramid of saying the same phrase. I thought it was funny, but that was my very first quote pyramid. It does get annoying after a while, though.

I'm guessing FEP = Fire Emblem Planet? Just want to make sure I'm following correctly.

I'm glad they got rid of it. I've been cutting previous quotes out of the posts I quote by hand ever since I signed up here and it saves me a bit of work.

• 2 weeks later...