Using prepromotes

Ansem

Prepromotes  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use them?

So you're better than everyone here because you prefer your system. Adapt or get out, nobody here cares what you think. I didn't like efficient play when I first joined at all, but at least instead of getting into random arguments about how stupid it is I got into one that helped me understand the point and merit of the system more.

I suppose it's true. No matter how bad that first conversation in the fe7 efficiency tier list may have made some people look, I guess you were attempting to understand and whatever your feelings about it may be you have adapted to be able to discuss both tier list mentalities in their appropriate places.

Oh and believe me, I've been debating with CATS and Reikken for years and neither of them share your thoughts. I wager they're getting quite the laugh out of your ignorance right now.

Yeah, I don't know if CATS is amused or not, but I'm not sure Reikken is even seeing this.

Mekkah seems amused, though. Or seems something.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose it's true. No matter how bad that first conversation in the fe7 efficiency tier list may have made some people look, I guess you were attempting to understand and whatever your feelings about it may be you have adapted to be able to discuss both tier list mentalities in their appropriate places.

I don't think anyone came out looking "good". I was more outspoken than I should have been and you guys were more defensive than you should've been :P. Well, maybe not you specifically; Fox and I were definitely the ones bumping heads the most. That topic was just a ball of confusion.

I don't mind the efficiency tiers though, I've only argued efficiency since I got here outside of that first tier topic. I've said countless times that I don't believe either system is inherently better, I just prefer ranked. I still find the tiers interesting though.

I don't think anyone came out looking "good". I was more outspoken than I should have been and you guys were more defensive than you should've been :P. Well, maybe not you specifically; Fox and I were definitely the ones bumping heads the most. That topic was just a ball of confusion.

Yeah, I suspect you are right that nobody looked "good". Some looked neutral, some probably looked bad, but overall it certainly wasn't a discussion full of warm fuzzies.

I don't mind the efficiency tiers though, I've only argued efficiency since I got here outside of that first tier topic. I've said countless times that I don't believe either system is inherently better, I just prefer ranked. I still find the tiers interesting though.

While I wouldn't necessarily participate under every possible system, I fully believe that almost any system could be made viable for tier discussion. It just might result in weird ideas depending on the basis for what puts a character above another. I like "best hair", personally, as a cornball idea for a tier list, though I'd never actually participate in the tier list discussions should there be a list for it. Anyway, the rules for the tier list should always be made by the topic creator, though the TC should always be willing to accept input on what are good rules and what are bad rules.

Red Fox is an asshole?

Yes lol. I'd certainly see it that way were I in Inui's position. Go back and read the posts made earlier today. Note that Inui doesn't get defensive until Red throws some sarcasm at him.

Stop calling things speed-runs when they aren't. A speed-run relies on RNG abuse and a few other interesting things to clear out a map as fast as possible if the RNG does almost everything you want it to do.

eh people have different definitions of speed runs. To me, for instance, it usually means playing through normally except in as little time as possible. This is something very error prone and difficult. Or less commonly, going through in as few turns as possible (still playing normally, ie no resets and such).

Ranking is artificial difficulty. A speed run is not artificial difficulty

No. They are both artificial difficulty. The player imposes a restriction on him/herself, whether it be S-ranking or speedy completion or anything else. The only time it's real difficulty is when the player is struggling to even complete the chapter at all.

All ranking does for tier lists is limit a character's maximum usefulness.

That's a rather narrow-minded view. I'd be happy to argue the point with you.

Oh and believe me, I've been debating with CATS and Reikken for years and neither of them share your thoughts.

Who are you? What do you think I think? Not to sound rude, but I am curious and too lazy to think of a better way to put it.

Anyways, I'm certainly amused here. Inui arguing that he is not "archaic" and such, I thought it was just him being silly, then I see someone asking Inui to prove something about "modern" tier lists as if ranked lists are in fact "archaic" or something. I also smiled when I saw that I was being referred to as an "FEFF" debater as if I belong to FEFF and would rise to defend it should there ever be a turf war between FEFF and Serenes.

I agree with Reikken. Both sides' standards are artificial difficulty, neither one is somehow inherently better. The elitism and insults is fun to watch though, do continue.

Who are you? What do you think I think? Not to sound rude, but I am curious and too lazy to think of a better way to put it.

Hm. You have a GameFAQs account, no?

I don't think you share the same views as him at all, is what I'm saying. It's like you said later in your post.

neither one is somehow inherently better.

That's what I've been saying forever.

Yep, I have a couple GFAQs accounts.

Oh. What are some of them? I'm almost certain we've been on the boards for around the same amount of time. Like C475_3688 is one.

Look at the three icons beneath each person's avatar. Click the one on the right. You'll see username history.

Moribalken

He was joking :P.

Edited by Tangerine

He was joking :P.

I guess I tend to take people literally unless they give some kind of hint. In real life, that's typically tone of voice. Here, I guess ;) or :P would normally let me know.

Oh well.

Oh, that would be it then.

Yep, the one you said, also I_AM_FE. Plus a ridiculous number of older accounts dating back to 2004, almost all of which are now banned or read-only. My original account was WJC.

Oh, that would be it then.

Yep, the one you said, also I_AM_FE. Plus a ridiculous number of older accounts dating back to 2004, almost all of which are now banned or read-only. My original account was WJC.

Yeah, we've definitely been debating forever >_>.

Mori is actually shared between a couple people and the name just stuck for me, though we all post on different forums. I've finally been allowed to make a new account though, so I plan to do that soon so I have my own >_>.

• 4 years later...

I don't pay attention to who has the better stats. If some pre-promotes are cool, then I'll use them. My favourites are Geitz, Percival, Geoffrey, Klein and Jaffar.