Best/Worst in the series: Round 37

General Spoon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at least Wendy is in a game that isn't absolutely dominated by mounted units.

Too bad she joins right before the Western Isles, which are a huge axefest.

At least Adan has comedy relief and sells a nifty pursuit ring.

At least Meg has RD's BEXP system.

What on earth can save Wendy?

Honestly, I agree. Ardan has, what was it, castle duty I think someone mentioned, as well as the Pursuit Ring. Meg takes babying, but she can be okay with effort.

But Wendy? Lol @ having literally nothing going for you. On top of having crappy Str, she has terrible accuracy, which magnifies her durability problems since she can miss and end up taking a counter. Unless she tosses a Javelin, but good luck hitting with that. IIRC, her Hit against enemies with a Javelin is <50%. She's got the worst of both worlds. Her game isn't necessarily dominated by mounted units but maps are generally big, making her mobility worse than Meg's by comparison.

Honestly, I agree. Ardan has, what was it, castle duty I think someone mentioned, as well as the Pursuit Ring. Meg takes babying, but she can be okay with effort.

But Wendy? Lol @ having literally nothing going for you. On top of having crappy Str, she has terrible accuracy, which magnifies her durability problems since she can miss and end up taking a counter. Unless she tosses a Javelin, but good luck hitting with that. IIRC, her Hit against enemies with a Javelin is <50%. She's got the worst of both worlds. Her game isn't necessarily dominated by mounted units but maps are generally big, making her mobility worse than Meg's by comparison.

What's worse is the fact that all this is magnified even further by the fact that the maps immediately after she joins are axe-heavy.

Lance, Alan, Marcus, Zealot, Shin, Percival, Thany, Tate, Miledy, Clarine. Seems like quite a few mounted units to me.

Assuming s/he's talking about the massive maps in FE4 where a Sword Knight can't keep up at all.