in which FE did you like the thiefs most?

whase

33 members have voted

1. 1. in which FE did you like thiefs most?

• FE1:dark dragon & sword of light
    • FE2:gaiden
    • FE3:mystery of the emblem
    • FE4:genealogy ofthe holy war
    • FE5:thracia 776
    • FE6:sword of seals
    • FE7:blazing sword
    • FE8:the sacred stones
    • FE9:path of radiance
    • FE10:radiant dawn
    • FE11:shadow dragon

I'm thinking that by "Thief" you are reffering utility-wise rather than combat wise, because Sothe & Volke are more like that.

I voted for FE5, because there are much more locks to pick, and Pahn is one of the most useful units, he is also quite potential when it comes to combat and has decent growths for a pre-promote.

combat wise can also count, it's up to you to decide if you want to count it or not :)

(and sothe is perfectly able to ORKO even in endgame!)

No, he can't. Now Volke...

A thief's utility is just by the name of it's class, a "thief", they are mostly for lock picking and stealing, anyone else could do way better in combat, take swordmaster or even Nolan as an example.

FE 5 > rest.

Stealing weapons, even equipped ones, auto Ambush and a good amount of thief utility puts them far above anything else. Decent at combat too.

This, exactly.

No, he can't. Now Volke...

A thief's utility is just by the name of it's class, a "thief", they are mostly for lock picking and stealing, anyone else could do way better in combat, take swordmaster or even Nolan as an example.

but having a warrior who's able to steal and pick saves you places for other units...

hearing FE5 is a good game for thieves, makes me think about playing it...

FE5 definitely. The first thief has okay build and is capable of stealing some good stuff, especially swords. The second thief can turn to a Dancer. The prepromote thief can do everything that the first thief does and is also good in combat.

FE5 thieves are easily the best with the lack of restrictions on stealing.

FE7 gets an honorable mention for having thieves that promoted into assassins and hold their own in combat.

A fair warning, I don't know the first thing about thieves in FEs 9 and 10 and little enough about the games in general.

FE5 definitely. The first thief has okay build and is capable of stealing some good stuff, especially swords. The second thief can turn to a Dancer. The prepromote thief can do everything that the first thief does and is also good in combat.

Okay, 5 PCC makes almost anyone that doubles pretty good in combat. 5 MS also helps out frequently. Not having horrid luck is nice, too (another way in which he is better than Lifis when he's around). B swords at base helps, too.

Should we really consider the PCC of one of the members when picking the best? Though I suppose the rest of what they can do there is awesome too. Nothing like taking someone's weapon right out of their hand.

I want to pick fe4 because I like Patty and it's fun to make her decent, but TC said not the characters.

but having a warrior who's able to steal and pick saves you places for other units...

I didn't mean it that way, I meant that you mostly picked Sothe for his combat, but that isn't the point of him being so good when the main point of being a thief is stealing and lock picking.

And he isn't too useful in his game, the FE6 thieves rank higher.

I went FE7, due to Matthew being potentially really good and then Legault coming along if you still have a level two Matthew. Like I did. And Jaffar, 'though he's mediocre sans Killing Edge.

My brain told me to go for FE8 due to A) Rogues, especially Colm and B) Marisa and Joshua having the potential to have the potential for lockpicking.

And this was before reading about stealing equipped weapons. My heart went for FE7 though and that's how my vote will stay.

there is an enemy class translated as thief

Those are more akin to bandits than thieves, though. :\

In any case, I'd say Thracia has the best thieves.