Blossom: How exactly does it work?

I'm really interested to know. I know that in PoR, it caused the game to disregard RN's from 90 to 99 during the character's (Sothe's) level-ups, effectively increasing all of his growths by 11.1%. Does blossom work the same way as in PoR, or does it work differently? I'd be curious to know one way or the other.

I don't think anybody really knows.

If people have any suggestions, based on their experiences, I could try testing it via hacking. Although I might have to give up FE9/10 hacking eventually, since my better PC keeps dying : /

Assuming it gives better growths in the same way as FE9, try one of the following:

Micaiah (RES)

Volug (LUK)

Mordecai, Scrimir, Gareth (HP)

All have 90% growths, which would become 100% if it reduces it to 90RNs. In fact, Volug is very good for this - his HP growth is 95, so you might expect to see a few +2's from it (depending entirely on what the game really does with the levelling, if it generates RN's from 0-90 and gives +1's to growths over it, then it will, but it might just calculate an RN and ignore the extra 5%).

I'd also recommend trying someone with 85%, 80% or 75% growths, since it might go as far as that (lower seems unlikely). Rolf would be a good candidate in that regard, with 85% HP and 75% STR.

All theoretical though, and I've never actually used Blossom, so I don't know :P.

only times I used sanaki, I gave her blossom

I always hear from other people she's bad, but with blossom she gains a stat up in almost every stat!

and that while my Ike barely improves with it, is he resistant to blossom or something?

Does Blossom and Paragon cancel each other out in terms of experience points earned from battle? Just wondering...would make sense if it did...

I like the fact that Paragon works with bexp too.

Blossom = x2/3 experience points from battle

Paragon = x2 experience points from battle

Edit: Blossom is 2/3 experience, so Paragon should even give it a little boost right?

Edited by Hatari

Does Blossom and Paragon cancel each other out in terms of experience points earned from battle? Just wondering...would make sense if it did...

Yes.

Edit: Blossom is 2/3 experience, so Paragon should even give it a little boost right?

That's PoR. Blossom in RD is 1/2.

Assuming it gives better growths in the same way as FE9, try one of the following:

Micaiah (RES)

Volug (LUK)

Mordecai, Scrimir, Gareth (HP)

All have 90% growths, which would become 100% if it reduces it to 90RNs. In fact, Volug is very good for this - his HP growth is 95, so you might expect to see a few +2's from it (depending entirely on what the game really does with the levelling, if it generates RN's from 0-90 and gives +1's to growths over it, then it will, but it might just calculate an RN and ignore the extra 5%).

I'd also recommend trying someone with 85%, 80% or 75% growths, since it might go as far as that (lower seems unlikely). Rolf would be a good candidate in that regard, with 85% HP and 75% STR.

All theoretical though, and I've never actually used Blossom, so I don't know :P.

I can hack the growth rates to whatever I want, don't worry about it : P

My better PC isn't working though, so it might be a while until I can test it.

Kurth also has 95% HP growth, and it's not hard to put parablossom on him since he gets the +30 royal capacity and starts fairly low leveled. I could probably do several quick tower runs and see what happens to him if I had a file on 4-E-1. Next time I do an EM run, I'll see what I get and find out what the % chances of getting each stat level up.

Edited by Randomly Predictable

True. I saw Kurth on there, but thought 'Hey, Volug has two great stats, he's probably better for it.' :P. Yeah, give it a go I guess, see what happens.

Vincent (Or do you prefer Vince or ASM or what?), I don't suppose you've hacked the RNG at all?

Edited by I eat tables

Ike's rates are actually some of the lowest in the game. 10% Magic, 35% Speed, 30% Luck, 40% Defence, 15% RES. The other 3 are good (50%+), but if it boosted low ones more, Ike would benefit a ton.

Ike's rates are actually some of the lowest in the game. 10% Magic, 35% Speed, 30% Luck, 40% Defence, 15% RES. The other 3 are good (50%+), but if it boosted low ones more, Ike would benefit a ton.

Wow. I never actually looked at his growth rates. Nvm. :/

so that's why blossom won't help Ike a lot...

Is it worth putting on a unit like Astrid? I only ask, beacause I'll be using her on my current PT and I was thinking about doing it.

One of the best candidates for it, if only because she desperately needs it for a serious PT...

One of the best candidates for it, if only because she desperately needs it for a serious PT...

Well, that and only two beorc can actually use Blossom and Paragon at once. If you have nothing but patience it's fine. I'd bet that her stat growth happens quicker with Paragon alone, but if you want her to be good for 4-E rather than a few chapters earlier but not as good in 4-E then Blossom on her is probably fine. Of course, with her availability (or lack thereof) it might be better to Blossom her. If she has, say, Ranulf's availability, I'd think Paragon without Blossom would be better.

I still don't get why they killed her spd growth. They gave her precious little with which to work.

Low bases, low growths in the main offensive stats (str, spd, even her skl growth is lacking), little availability, bexp focuses primarily on hp, lck, res, paragon doesn't work in the base. Yeah, way to gimp, I.S.

(note: I don't mind paragon not working in the base when it uses capacity. But Geoffrey and Astrid should gain a benefit for as long as Paragon is 0 capacity.)

Edited by Narga_Rocks

I'd bet that her stat growth happens quicker with Paragon alone, but if you want her to be good for 4-E rather than a few chapters earlier but not as good in 4-E then Blossom on her is probably fine.

Come again?

Paragon is effectively a better version than blossom for most of the game because more level ups = more stats. There only starts to be a difference come high level third tier.

But the potential final stats aren't quite the same. Doesn't really matter for RD though, it's not like you're having a free-roaming world map or Trial Maps anyway.

Tell me how Slize's post doesn't already say this?

Pardon me for my ignorance, but "There only starts to be a difference come high level third tier." doesn't sound like correct English to me at all.

What I meant is that the expected stat at Lv 60 aren't the same with or without Blossom (Paragon gives no effect to expected stats). Whether it is already mentioned, I'm sorry, I can't tell.