Just call me AL

Who is the best GBA SM?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Best SM

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol I don't know where I got that number from, I was expecting too much (can you blame me though? It's Dieck). Checking actual numbers (save that ain't mine, he's level 7), he's juuuuust barely getting 2shot, at ~30 displayed hit. He's still not fearing the fighters.

edit: franny is the best avy for any situation

Edited by Saloma

Dying from two hits that are like 20% real hit...is pretty significant when there are more than two enemies around. >_>;

frannyahac.gif

And what did you say when I said this? If I recall, it was "Chad can use forests". Well, Dieck can use them too, cutting them down by more than half. And if I recall correctly, Dieck starts on chapter 2 at level 5, and is your best combat unit not named Marcus, so he could have more than 2 levelups in three chapters. Dieck's defense is really a non-issue with these guys.

Dieck destroys Chad. That's not something anyone will disagree with. Chad finishing off an enemy or weakening them improves the safety of your team, even Dieck's, since not every unit had Dieck's HP/Def combo and swords.

frannyahac.gif

And what did you say when I said this? If I recall, it was "Chad can use forests". Well, Dieck can use them too, cutting them down by more than half. And if I recall correctly, Dieck starts on chapter 2 at level 5, and is your best combat unit not named Marcus, so he could have more than 2 levelups in three chapters. Dieck's defense is really a non-issue with these guys.

phoenix-wright-objection.jpg

Did i mention Soldiers are Hax in hard mode?

Sure, but does it matter a whole lot? Not really. I also hate giving units I don't plan to use EXP, so there's even less reason to use him. Keeping people like Merlinus and Ellen out of danger that chapter is easy, and anyone that isn't Lot is pretty safe against anything using an axe (though the mercs were kind of annoying, though it's not like Chad could help there) means I don't really need a chipper upper.

So uh, how bout them swordmasters huh.

edit: Of course not, they're soldiers. Though, if I recall, they get extremely close to one-shotting Chad in his join chapter.

Edited by Saloma

They have alot of strength in hard mode

And at that time they can hit with 60 percent

That's not something you'd call "H4X" when later on they will wield steel lances which is the cause of their crappy Hit, and they will have 60s% Hit depending on what weapon you're using.

Edited by Alan Rainsworth

People voting for Marisa make me :C

People voting for Joshua make me :C

People voting for Joshua's hat make me :/

People voting for Guy make me :I

People voting for Karel make me :facepalm:

People voting for Fir get a :)

But yeah, Rutgar wins.

Edited by Merlinus the Jew

People voting for Marisa make me :C

People voting for Joshua make me :C

People voting for Joshua's hat make me :/

People voting for Guy make me :I

People voting for Karel make me :facepalm:

People voting for Fir get a :)

But yeah, Rutgar wins.

Yeah

You don't know what you're talking about.

Same.

He's a bit meh, I use him though.

Says the guy who defended Guy against Priscilla, a unit with more utility who has even bothered to do it.

I think you are underrating Joshua, because he actually does good in a game where enemies are even crappier than FE7's enemies even when it comes to Hard (LOL?) Mode.

Karel has some value in FE7, he actually has decent Atk & Spd...Karla is the one you could call "worthless" in a debate.

Fir requires even more babying than Marisa.

Fir requires even more babying than Marisa.[/color][/font]

I am going to compare base level Fir, who is a level 1 Myrmidon, to base Marisa, who is a level 5 Myrmidon.

Marisa wins in LCK by 4 and RES by 1. Fir actually ties or wins in everything that actually MATTERS WOW OMGWTF. And then we compare 20/20 averages with Marsia going SM route:

Fir wins HP by 4.6, STR by 2.1, and DEF by 1.8. They both cap SKL and SPD but then again, what self-respecting Myrmidon DOESN'T?

Marisa wins LCK by 1.4 and RES by less than 1 point. We can tell just by those averages that Fir has superior growths as well.

Supports don't even matter for either since Marisa either has characters that don't want her (Gerik, Tethys, Colm), or characters with lolWind (Tana, Joshua) and Fir has a 1+1 with Rutgar, 1+2 with Shin, and fast supports with lolBartre, lolNoah, and lolKarel.

SO A UNIT WHO COMES AT A LOWER LEVEL DESPITE HAVING BETTER OR EQUAL BASES IN NEARLY EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE BABIED MORE THAN UNIT WHO ONLY HAS LEADS IN LOLRES AND LOLLCK?

Says the guy who defended Guy against Priscilla, a unit with more utility who has even bothered to do it.

You do realise that those debates are but mere intellectual exercises, well, from what i've gathered.

Fir requires even more babying than Marisa.

What are you smoking?

Edited by Halluci_Nation

It is a bit difficult to train her you know, it was a mistake that she needs more babying than Marisa, but the only thing Fir's ORKO'ing are axe pirates and fighters...but she needs a Wo Dao to do it.

I know, I know...major typo out of my part right there. Fir joins in axefest and has solid bases and promotional gains.

Marisa doesn't sucked when trained, she's equal to HM Guy ONCE trained.