FE10 Runthrough

Colonel M

Yeah so that when he's used too many units he can bitch about how they all suck right Narga.

I really don't think 3 is too extreme. Well, maybe if Aran is one of them. Jill + Nolan + Ilyana start at a high level, though. I suppose Aran should be paired with just one of Jill/Nolan, though, and since Jill really loves the robe probably Aran/Nolan.

And you're allowed to use Master Seals, btw. You can't sell them and being able to use skills + stat boosts >>> ~3 extra EXP per kill

huh? Why wouldn't you use them? Maybe level 18 or above, but if they can make level 20 then why not?

Edit: Then you aren't following the SF tier list. You don't seem to understand that if you don't follow the How To Play manual exactly then their tier list falls apart at the seams. And I told you don't use 4 units and you followed that, so don't get indignant now

It's news to me that the tier list says you are supposed to move Paragon to the GMs. And I helped argue Nolan and Zihark down. There's a bunch of skills and a speedwing and possibly some forges (like an axe Nolan won't need in part 3 and a bow Leo won't need) so I'm not sure there is always room for Paragon.

I don't see how the tier list falls apart if you don't move paragon over.

@Colonel M

his problem is the same as Smash's. The tier list started to move away from their biases and they can't get over it.

I wouldn't bash Paperblade all that much. Yeah I know he's not impressed with you and Int, but in the other games he's not that bad at all.

As far as the DB thing, it was another mini-expirement of mine, though this time it was with using Zihark + 2 unpromoted DB units. If you'd like I can also change the GM list if you want Nephenee, but I don't want to kill myself on that either (to be quite honest I'd just rather have Oscar).

I wouldn't bash Paperblade all that much. Yeah I know he's not impressed with you and Int, but in the other games he's not that bad at all.

He's useful in the fe4 and fe5 talk. He's even sometimes helpful in answering questions about those games. I have more problems with smash than paperblade, but when it comes to fe10 and fe9 they are about equally as bad (though in different ways).

I have more problems with smash than paperblade everywhere. Paperblade actually listens to critism.

I'd still like to see Paperblade post on Smash's tier list to say what he thinks should change. Maybe then I could differentiate them a bit in fe9 and fe10.

At the moment, as far as I can tell, he is just as willing to let Zihark support with an Earth but have Mia not support Ike when comparing them, for example.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Go read Narga's posts in SF's tier list where he insults smash when smash isn't even around (or in smash's tier list when he insults me despite me having never posted in the topic), which is made more hilarious by Fox saying that people have called him "The best of us" in terms of being polite.

I'm tired of having to explain why I'm frustrated.

I'm tired of arguments being handwaved by bullshit.

I'm tired of the SF/FEG tier list not even having a clear objective, making it even more pointless to discuss.

I'm tired of this IRC clique bullshit that refuses to reconsider or respond to valid arguments.

I'm tired of tier lists not being changed because the person in charge of the tier list doesn't want to for whatever reason.

I'm tired of debating because nothing ever changes and nothing ever gets done, and knowing that, why should I bother. But you guys keep making these bullshit topics like you have something to prove. Why bother? When a different list was made, everyone ran in to shut it down immediately with some flames thrown my way, and Fox bumped her list (whether or not it was because smash posted one is a discussion for a different time), which has seen nearly 30 posts and is currently going nowhere fast.

Int's already satisfied with the list, I don't care anymore, and most people haven't even played it or think HM is stupid.

Just let FE10 die in peace.

Edit: Post there? Why? So I can be flamed by you in two topics at the same time? No thanks.

Edited by Paperblade

I been using Aran NM on my current playthrough and he has been great. he max out speed with little help. Now i understand that doesn't normally happen. Here is my Aran's final stats

Hp 55

Str 35

Mag 10

Skill 35

Speed 33

Luck 26

Def 34

Res 27

That was without BEXP abuse

PEME.

Go read Narga's posts in SF's tier list where he insults smash when smash isn't even around (or in smash's tier list when he insults me despite me having never posted in the topic), which is made more hilarious by Fox saying that people have called him "The best of us" in terms of being polite.

I have a weak spot in character when it comes to holding back on certain people. But aren't most of my insults about smash on the tier list just random stuff about what smash would say in a certain instance and calling it dumb? I'm too lazy to go back and look and don't remember specifics. Can you repost some of my bestworst insults?

Anyway, I'm ctrl+F ing "paper" in smash's tier list.

"I'm just glad it's paperblade complaining about Int and I ruining the fe9/fe10 tier lists with our dominant attitudes, considering how stubborn in his "facts" smash is."

Passing comment about something you did in the fe7 tier list topic that has since been locked as well as on fef when I looked at where fox posted our list.

In fact, I'm just saying that it would be hypocritical if you were doing what smash is doing, but since you haven't it isn't. Not even an insult.

"I'll ask you what I asked Paperblade. Show me where Fox dropped Reyson and Sothe just because we want her to."

You never answered, and I think you posted something after my question so it's not like you never went back to the topic. I could be remembering timelines wrong though. Maybe you never saw it? Also, pretty sure you were insulting Red Fox and I'm not sure you could have known she'd see it, though at least she does go through the fe7 tier list topics. Of course, I'd assume you'd read smash's tier list as well since you frequently seem to pop out of nowhere in random topics and make comments.

"Now maybe Paperblade will get to participate too. It will be interesting to see if the two of them disagree on any positions. "

not even remotely an insult.

"I particularly love the lack of retracting his anti RF statements where he implies she does whatever Interceptor tells her to do. Paperblade is also guilty of this."

Do you deny that you said untrue things about RF and never retracted or apologized the statements?

And that's all I've got. Most of them are passing comments pointing out similarities between you and smash.

If these are the level of the insults that I dished out in the tier list topic about Smash, it's not surprising that RF wouldn't see me as overly hostile or whatever she may have meant by ""The best of us" in terms of being polite."

I'm tired of having to explain why I'm frustrated.

okay...

I'm tired of arguments being handwaved by bullshit.

So are we, which is why we may on occasion ignore certain people.

I'm tired of the SF/FEG tier list not even having a clear objective, making it even more pointless to discuss.

It's as clear as it can be, though I suppose RF could post more in the first post. She's tried to answer what the guidelines are in various posts along the way.

I'm tired of this IRC clique bullshit that refuses to reconsider or respond to valid arguments.

Not my problem to defend. I'd not even respond to this comment if I wasn't worried someone would comment on my ignoring it.

I'm tired of tier lists not being changed because the person in charge of the tier list doesn't want to for whatever reason.

Okay. So can you start posting on smash's tier list if you disagree with him. Or do you agree with each of his placements? Or do you agree with us that smash is a stubborn guy that doesn't listen to a large number of proposed changes for "whatever reason"?

I'm tired of debating because nothing ever changes and nothing ever gets done, and knowing that, why should I bother.

We've made plenty of changes over the last year.

But you guys keep making these bullshit topics like you have something to prove.

Maybe he's trying to compare some characters for himself? He's expressed concerns about Mia > Titania. I'm sure it's partly for him, not to "prove" Int and I are right. He could very well come to a different conclusion.

Why bother? When a different list was made, everyone ran in to shut it down immediately with some flames thrown my way,

Are you calling my comments flames? Anyway, I'm not sure we "shut it down". Not sure what that would even mean. Pointed out that we strongly disagree with some placements and why, sure, but that's what you do on tier lists.

and Fox bumped her list (whether or not it was because smash posted one is a discussion for a different time), which has seen nearly 30 posts and is currently going nowhere fast.

Is the 30 about this topic? Smash has way more than 30, and RF's list has over a thousand. Was it nearly 30 posts just since she bumped it? I don't feel like going in there to look, but it's possible.

Just let FE10 die in peace.

Simply because you disagree with the rest of us?

If these are the level of the insults that I dished out in the tier list topic about Smash, it's not surprising that RF wouldn't see me as overly hostile or whatever she may have meant by ""The best of us" in terms of being polite."

Those aren't even my words (though I would likely agree with them), they're the words of others, specifically a few people from GameFAQs like Moribalken.

It's as clear as it can be, though I suppose RF could post more in the first post. She's tried to answer what the guidelines are in various posts along the way.

I can, and in fact, I'll get to it soon.

Maybe he's trying to compare some characters for himself? He's expressed concerns about Mia > Titania. I'm sure it's partly for him, not to "prove" Int and I are right. He could very well come to a different conclusion.

Seriously. If anything, I think he's trying to prove Interceptor and you wrong about Mia > Titania. Is it so bad for someone to want to confirm something? I've done similar things knowing it might turn out that my original stance was wrong. Would you guess that I've proven myself wrong in the past?

Well, that and I want a clearer head when I actually discuss things.

Either way, I took Aran out. I won't let the whole 3 DB thing get to me. I think that having Zihark promoted is going to help him out a lot because he can get freebie for Paragon after 1-6. I am not setting a goal to prove anyone right or wrong though, but sometimes in a playthrough that can happen. I did express concerns about Mia > Titania, and I still disagree with some of the logic behind it (well I didn't really see how it was done because, sorry to say, the topic is a big cluster). If, however, I have a clearer mind on how "the game works", as in what resources I need for the DB and the GMs to be played effectively (and note: I am going to do my best to carry my DB into Part IV. This was a set goal I had in mind). This is also expressing "how to budget each team" without sandbagging either side (I do not personally believe in sandbagging the DB, though I acknowledge that they will not be used by everyone all the same).

I'm trying to prepare a 3-6 strategy, as this is the harder chapter for the DB to push through. I figured Resolve + Beastfoe Volug supporting Zihark would be the best plan here. As for Nolan, he will likely support Jill (or it could also be Micaiah, but I'm going to look into the support Speed). So long as I have, IIRC, 4 units that can clog the area I can keep Laura and Micaiah safe.

Also, I will express that I didn't completely intend on using Nephenee in this playthrough. While she is over Oscar in the tier list, I think that using Oscar will give me a better approach to it. Or, if anything, using both side-by-side is not a bad idea either.

So yes, this is to test some of those theories that go behind the tier list while at the same time being able to "understand the game" better. I'd rather not have cloudly arguments as I have had with FE10 beforehand.

I really wouldn't be surprised if someone took the time to wrtie up a decent Titania vs Mia and Gatrie vs Mia. I mean, Colonel M already poked holes in the idea (well, Vykan too) and there is plenty of Titania > Mia supporters because of it.

In all likelihood, I expect Titania to move above Mia again. Gatrie is another story, though it is a possibility.

I have to get my head out of that stupid FE7 HHM Ranks Tier List. I'm about ready to shout "ranks are just a joke".

1-P

Feels like FEDS C1 offense, except you don't have the options of Jeigan or Shiida (the latter doubles if you're wondering). No, we have... Edward the man that can take about 4 Axes to the face before dying. Tried to play through it as fast as possible but... it seemed rather difficult. One time I had Micaiah gain +1 in everything, only for Edward to die because he activated Wrath (screw counting squares). In short: did what I could, finished. The end really. This chapter already makes me want to puke with Edward. Leo is okay at least. His 2 range access makes him able to take at least one counterattack in an emergency and do fine, but I wouldn't do so anyway. Micaiah, rofl. 15 HP | 2 Def. Is this a joke or something?

Turn Count - 8

BEXP - 30

Gold - 5000

Team

Micaiah (1.69) - 15 HP | 2 Str | 7 Mag | 8 Skl | 7 Spd | 10 Luck | 2 Def | 4 Res
Edward (5.77) - 20 HP | 7 Str | 11 Skl | 13 Spd | 8 Luck | 5 Def | 0 Res
Leo (4.06) - 17 HP | 8 Str | 12 Skl | 10 Spd | 6 Luck | 5 Def | 4 Res

----------

1-1

This wasn't really difficult. The key is simple: Chuck Nolan. Without him... dayum this would be hard. I gave him the Dracoshield so he took about 5 damage per round from the Fighters instead of 7 (the difference here is 5RKO vs. 6RKO so far, but it'll have it's payoff later). He just did most of the work with his roundhouse axing. Got both the Vulnerary and the Hand Axe. Speaking of Hand Axe, this is one of those times I'm glad the weapon triangle was scrapped. 85 Hit on the boss? Excellent. Nothing else really happened. Well, guess I almost died with Micaiah since the boss rushes towards you after you hit him (must only become aggressive when you hit him like his bro on the other side). I took too much time here I admit, but I'll probably make up for it later.

Turn Count - 10

BEXP - 70

Gold - 5000

Team

Micaiah (3.44) - 16 HP | 3 Str | 9 Mag | 9 Skl | 8 Spd | 12 Luck | 2 Def | 6 Res
Edward (5.84) - 20 HP | 7 Str | 11 Skl | 13 Spd | 8 Luck | 5 Def | 0 Res
Leo (4.34) - 17 HP | 8 Str | 12 Skl | 10 Spd | 6 Luck | 5 Def | 4 Res
Nolan (9.88) - 29 HP | 12 Str | 11 Skl | 10 Spd | 7 Luck | 11 Def | 3 Res

Edited by Colonel M

I would personally send adept over to the GM's, as it makes Nephenee more useable and Shinon more useable on the enemy phase.

Also, I think you've completely overblown how "bad" Aran is. Calling Fiona a waste of breath is fine, but Aran? I mean, Haar doesn't double in part 4, does that make him a waste of breath?

Edited by The Syobon

Aran also doesn't fly and exist everywhere.

Not to mention I can solve the lack of doubling with a Brave Axe / Lance since he's practically doritos for it (hello, flying?)

Edited by Colonel M

1-2

What sucks was Nolan was getting doubled with the Steel Axe. :/ Yeah, so I had to use the Hand Axe a lot, which cost me a lot of RKOes. The good news was that it only took me two tries to do this. The bad news is... well... man I hate having no durability and little offense. Just looking at the enemies scares me enough. Thankfully Sothe joins pretty fast, so he really helped carry a lot of the team. Nolan at least helped a lot. I had Sothe get the Chest Keys from the Myrmidion and pass them to Leo. Unfortunately I wasn't thinking with the chests and didn't grab Thani first, so there was no boss kill. Collected the Energy Drop and Steel Bow, which has no use. Nolan got two levels though. That was kind of cool.

By the way, I love how yet another frail unit has joined our party. Well, at least this one heals.

Turn Count - 10

BEXP - 90 (160)

Gold - 5000

Team

Micaiah (3.66) - 16 HP | 3 Str | 9 Mag | 9 Skl | 8 Spd | 12 Luck | 2 Def | 6 Res
Edward (6.24) - 21 HP | 8 Str | 12 Skl | 13 Spd | 9 Luck | 6 Def | 0 Res
Leo (4.81) - 17 HP | 8 Str | 12 Skl | 10 Spd | 6 Luck | 5 Def | 4 Res
Nolan (11.00) - 30 HP | 13 Str | 13 Skl | 11 Spd | 8 Luck | 12 Def | 3 Res
Laura (1.44) - 16 HP | 3 Str | 8 Mag | 3 Skl | 5 Spd | 8 Luck | 2 Def | 10 Res
Sothe (1.25) - 35 HP | 18 Str | 20 Skl | 20 Spd | 15 Luck | 14 Def | 9 Res

----------

1-3

Shockingly, this only took me a couple of tries. The one time it was pretty funny: accidentally let the boss attack Laura (50% chance to hit) and she dodges both attacks. Talk about insanity! Then... someone missed and I think Aimeee died. Bummer.

The key here is using Sothe and Nolan as "walls". By this, they're to block the enemies that are coming toward you. There's a lone fighter, but shockingly Ilyana doubles the dude and, IIRC, ORKOes too. Just have her take care of it on the next phase. The tricky part is the Armor Knight. I was marginally making it to OHKO these things with Thani, but boy is that tome useful as hell. OHKOing the boss was also a sigh of relief, though he only does like 6 damage to Nolan. :/

Laura should be able to recruit Aran Turn 3. Nothing to it really, and the Soldiers should be weakened enough that your team can finish them. It's all about slowly but surely pushing forward. Using Thani to the advantage against the Armor Knights and busting out Kard to do decent damage on them as well.

In my opinion, this chapter (if you play it carefully) is a little bit easier than it looks. It looks intimidating because of the # of enemies, but in the end I stood victorious. I really recommend that Dracoshield on Nolan, it probably saved my ass many times just because of the durability that he has in comparison to everyone else around him (except Sothe). Finally, I wish I was able to make Kurth move where I want. He's got the durability of a truck, but I can't really "control" the sunovabitch. Thanks for trolling me.

P.S. I forgot Discipline. Well, it's not that useful anyway (I probably will still be able to use Rexaura by Endgame anyway). In this game, almost everyone is properly equipped with weapon ranks. Except for Gordin Leotardo.

Turn Count - 11

BEXP - 300 (460)

Gold - 5000

Team

Micaiah (5.54) - 16 HP | 3 Str | 11 Mag | 11 Skl | 8 Spd | 13 Luck | 2 Def | 8 Res
Sothe (1.72) - 35 HP | 18 Str | 20 Skl | 20 Spd | 15 Luck | 14 Def | 9 Res
Nolan (12.30) - 31 HP | 13 Str | 14 Skl | 12 Spd | 8 Luck | 12 Def | 3 Res
Ilyana (12.06) - 22 HP | 6 Str | 12 Mag | 12 Skl | 13 Spd | 6 Luck | 3 Def | 4 Res
Leonardo (5.05) - 18 HP | 8 Str | 13 Skl | 10 Spd | 6 Luck | 5 Def | 4 Res
Edward (6.71) - 21 HP | 8 Str | 12 Skl | 13 Spd | 9 Luck | 6 Def | 0 Res
Laura (1.99) - 16 HP | 3 Str | 8 Mag | 3 Skl | 5 Spd | 8 Luck | 2 Def | 10 Res
Aran (7.53) - 24 HP | 10 Str | 12 Skl | 10 Spd | 6 Luck | 11 Def | 2 Res

Edited by Colonel M

Aran also doesn't fly and exist everywhere.

Aah, but Colonal never mentioned anything about mobility being able to save someone, he said:

It just sucks that I put the investment on a unit that can't ever double in Part IV

which is the same for Haar no?

As for the brave lance, you could use it, but Haar doesn't do much damage with it and Aran can even use it.

Haar can double in Part 4 to some extent, with a bit of prior planning. If you send him with the Silver army, which is a fine idea, he only needs about 26 AS to double the Paladins and Generals. To have that by 20/20/1, that just requires a Speedwing in tier 2, which is generally a good idea for his Part 3 performance anyway.

Aran can use a Brave Lance, but he can't use a Brave Axe, and while Aran's STR growth is incredible, his caps are garbage compared to Haar's (which are +3 over his).

Edited by Interceptor

Colonel, it took you 10 turns to complete 1-2? Sloppy doppy.

Jeez, this makes me want to do my own playthrough. I did a nice one for FE5 (which I hate), perhaps I could do another for this (which I hate) just out of the respect of debate and to rub it in Colonel's face.

Perhaps 2 ginue pigs could be better than 1? There is plenty to test it seems, and currently Colonel's plate seems full. I by no means wanna steal Colonel's well earned thunder yes I do, would you mind if I did sort of a run to go with yours, Colonel?

Edited by Galactica Leader Cyrus

I don't care. You are free to do it along with me.

I'm not terribly worried about 10 turning 1-2 but come on DB Mode is not easy. Well, at least it's a bit easier than FEDS. I'll be a little more efficient from now on.

Also I thought the whole mobility advantage was... kind of obvious, hence why I didn't mention it.

P.S. I'm going to slip Nephenee > Oscar. I mean, she at least has Part II for some babying. Why the hell not?

Edited by Colonel M

Very well then, I'll make my own topic for the occasion. I'll start when I stop feeling lazy.

Are you going to use the same team? I know you like Ed, so I'd think you might use him longer and more heavily than Colonel M is using Ed.

To be honest, I don't know why anyone would attempt to use Edward. I diss Brad all the time but Edward man... after 1-P and possibly 1-1 he's almost useless if it wasn't for the fact Wrath is meh and can help pull a pinch attack.

Are you going to use the same team? I know you like Ed, so I'd think you might use him longer and more heavily than Colonel M is using Ed.

Heavily depends. In my test run, I'm simply going to test just exactly how much different a playstyle can have on the turn count.

I suppose I'll have to explain this better as I play. The basis I supposed I should say is I don't plan the team, but rather evolve it as I get new members. Just because let's say Zihark joins the fray doesn't necesarily mean I will be removing Eddie.

I'll also see just how overrated part 1 can exactly get. It's no mystery that part 1 has tough enemies, but I have my reasons to doubt they're as much a challenge as it would make one think...That is, IF it is indeed overrated.

I suppose I'll just tell you as I go.