Tana - Your opinion

55 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Tana?

• Tana is a beast. One of the best units in the game.
    • Tana can be useful. I train her sometimes.
    • Tana is useless. I prefer to train Vanessa/Cormag instead.

It appears that Tana is one of those units that people tend to disregard due to her arrival on Chapter 9 at Level 4. At this point, Vanessa may already be at Level 6-8, or you may prefer to use Cormag instead.

As far as my opinion goes, Tana has excellent growths, far superior than Vanessa's. Raising her from Level 4 at a point when your other units are at Levels 6-9 doesn't seem to be much of a hassle either. The only thing that is a problem is showing up with a level D in Lances, which hurts her ability to user stronger weapons earlier. Other than that, she seems pretty much perfect to me.

What are your opinions on Tana?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Middle of the line for me. Tana's cute as all hell, but I'd rather use Vanessa.

On the flip side, she can support the best unit evar, Ephraim for extreme justice (damage AND crit!) and at least she isn't Syrene?

My team was level 8-9 at the start of chapter 9 on my train everyone playthrough. If your team isn't around 10-13 or higher, and you're not doing a challenge run, you're doing something wrong.

Since she's so underlevelled, about 6-8 levels below everyone else, she tends to be a bit rubbish in my opinion. She can be useful, thanks to supports and flying utility, but in general she's not worth using.

She's got a trashy start. If you're willing to sacrifice efficiency to train her, she'll be very useful. Otherwise, not really. In my 100% crit run, her only use was flying utility in Ch9 Eir, and being able to kill reinforcement pegs from their obscure spots in Ch15.

From an efficiency / tier list point of view, Tana is rather meh-ish, seeing how she's got a pretty bad start (at least in comparison to how disturbingly broken many other characters in this game already are at this point), but she can still become useful if played.

From a personal point of view, though, I value her as one of the best characters in the game. With one or two visits of the tower, getting her to a usable state isn't very hard at all, and after a while, she actually becomes better stat-wise than Vanessa; both of them are great though.

On the flip side, she can support the best unit evar, Ephraim for extreme justice (damage AND crit!) and at least she isn't Syrene?

Except that Ephraim doesn't want to support her. Duessel ( on Eph route ) is a better support partner than her, so are the Cavaliers / Eirika.

Vanessa > Tana for me. Early game availability + 2 Anima supports? Kthanxrape.

Tana is the best Peg. Knight, but Cormag is better in Eph. Route. Still a good unit, just not a beast. Tana also has a good STR growth (45%), unlike Vanessa's pathetic 35%, and even has a better SPD growth (65 compared to 60). Vanessa only wins in SKL and RES, which is fail.

The only thing that is a problem is showing up with a level D in Lances, which hurts her ability to user stronger weapons earlier.

She already has iron, steel and javelins. The enemies she'll be fighting before she unlocks killer lances aren't so powerful as to require anything fancier.

No, the real problem is her low starting level. Though as you said it's not too big a problem even if it does make her utility mediocre by the standards of FE8 characters. There's no escaping the fact that she's an Est, even if her start is much better than most Ests.

Except that Ephraim doesn't want to support her. Duessel ( on Eph route ) is a better support partner than her, so are the Cavaliers / Eirika.

Ah. Point. I always forget about Duessel because I hate him.

I normally Support Tana & Erika, and Ep & La'rachel.

Tana is normally my flyer, she has a decent join time... (9/22, yes plz, I've got Valini) Plus, you can have her at 20/1, because she has a EW. :)

And vanessa = Tana in my book, (Besides Vanessa's fuglyness...) Because I don't use supports.\

Ah. Point. I always forget about Duessel because I hate him.

Same here.

I feel like I find Tana easier to use than most, and I don't do Tower or anything. Sure, I feed her a few kills in the beginning to get her going, but it doesn't take long and once she does she's pretty great.

I feel like I find Tana easier to use than most, and I don't do Tower or anything. Sure, I feed her a few kills in the beginning to get her going, but it doesn't take long and once she does she's pretty great.

Yup.

It helps that she can rush to get to Gerik & Innes.

Tana is a beast.

Tower abuse her it doesnt affect your endgame score

:facepalm:

Amelia, Ewan, and Ross are beasts. Tower abuse them it doesn't affect your endgame score.

Syrene is a beast. RN abuse her stats and use statboosters as it doesn't affect your endgame score.

BS.

She is your lead Wyvern

Vannesa gains less attack

And Cormag is not good as a Wyvern Knight

What the hell are you talking about? Triangle attack uses Syrene so lol.

And? SS. She needs more babying than Vanessa, and 4 Str and a neglible HP boost considering 3 skill and better defense and resistance. This is SS.

Are you kidding? So Tana>Vanessa because offesnse but Cormag isn't >Tana because offense, salvagable, better con, and way better durability?

And Cormag is not good as a Wyvern Knight

What.

Cormag has a lead in HP / Atk / Def, while Tana as a lead in Skl, Spd ( but he has better Con, so he will have a better AS ) Res and Loluck.

I fail to see how "Cormag is not good as a Wyvern Knight", since he does seems to be better than Tana there.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by Karas

used her once, wanted to read her support with Ephraim (only reason why I use supports)

she came out pretty good, but I don't like fliers in general. I only use 1 character per weapon type, Amelia gets my choice on lances.