Mafia Round 2

General Spoon

Damn. He wasn't a mafia. The name suspicion was pretty stupid anyways... kinda a weird way of selecting someone who could've done it.

Edited by Reinfleche

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not long after that, Hatari ascended into the sky in a ray of light. Where he stood was now messy mike, who was exactly the same as Hatari except in name. The village thought nothing of it, and will not think anything of it.

Haha, so I'm not the only one...

Anyway, now that it's Day, I can respond to Cap'n Crunch's post. In some of the Mafia games I played, the mod puts clues about the identity of a Mafia member in the death scene. There must be a reason why General Spoon specifically highlighted those parts of the death scene. Yes, it could just be NOTHING but flavor text but wouldn't it be strange for the mod to post bits of the flavor text outside the Mafia Updates thread and into the thread with the game itself? Those were the only sections of the death scenes that were written on this thread, so it must have some relevance to the game, right?

Haha, so I'm not the only one...

Anyway, now that it's Day, I can respond to Cap'n Crunch's post. In some of the Mafia games I played, the mod puts clues about the identity of a Mafia member in the death scene. There must be a reason why General Spoon specifically highlighted those parts of the death scene. Yes, it could just be NOTHING but flavor text but wouldn't it be strange for the mod to post bits of the flavor text outside the Mafia Updates thread and into the thread with the game itself? Those were the only sections of the death scenes that were written on this thread, so it must have some relevance to the game, right?

Or it could just mean that Hatari actually left the game (as in, quit), and found a replacement for herself. Which is what it means.

Edited by General Spoon

Or it could just mean that Hatari actually left the game (as in, quit), and found a replacement for himself. Which is what it means.

lol, you did it again.

And yes, I'm already aware of that.

Reinfleche may be annoying, immature, and not always logical, but he's no killer. Furthermore, smart mafias play mind games exactly like this, solely to throw us off the scent. Kill someone who's accused a townie, to make it look like he accused mafia, and then get them to lynch the townie instead. We clearly cannot be so easily led to the slaughter.

I think it's more important to look at how the votes went down. My take on things is that while we certainly did mess up a bit, and lost one of our own in the process, we can still learn from this. The mafia were sure to have at least one or two members in there to cement the lead after the initial nugget of support formed. In fact, I'd put my reputation on the line that Nightmare and myself are innocent. That leaves me highly suspicious of CATS, Ether, and the good Cap'n, but at this juncture, I'm not sure which of them is more suspicious.

Well that was interesting.

Seeing as how Hikarusa was killed after he voted for Reinfleche, I'll go ahead and vote for...Reinfleche.

You might want to rethink that vote. If Reinfleche was Mafia and he saw Hikarusa vote for him, then do you really think he would have been stupid enough to go and nightkill Hikarusa? It would make himself look quite suspicious. Unless the Mafia decided to start their mindgames so early in the game, I highly doubt that Reinfleche is Mafia.

I think it's more important to look at how the votes went down. My take on things is that while we certainly did mess up a bit, and lost one of our own in the process, we can still learn from this. The mafia were sure to have at least one or two members in there to cement the lead after the initial nugget of support formed. In fact, I'd put my reputation on the line that Nightmare and myself are innocent. That leaves me highly suspicious of CATS, Ether, and the good Cap'n, but at this juncture, I'm not sure which of them is more suspicious.

I'm saying that I'm innocent. There's no way that after being accused (and getting votes) by both Proto and Hero for having a food referral in my name that I would then take a bite out of another guy. I'm not that dumb.

Also, consider what you're saying. At the time that I voted, both Ether and CATS had already voted. These were the results after I voted:

Bal: I eat tables

Nightmare: I eat tables

CATS: I eat tables

Ether: I eat tables

Cap'n Crunch: I eat tables

I eat tables: Nightmare

Hero: Cap'n Crunch

Hatari: No One

Crysta: No One

Reinfleche: Hikarusa

Hikarusa: Hikarusa

Weapons: Ninji

I did get a second vote from Proto afterwards but it didn't make too much of a difference. CATS is the one who's the most suspicious to me. He claimed that he wanted a random lynching but he was looking for a lynching and apparently not caring if the person was mafia or not. If CATS truly is Mafia, he would have seen that one more vote would put a townie on the block. In my opinion, the Mafia will want a townie gone in the day phase if possible because it means less days to survive in order to pick everyone off.

Ether's also decently suspicious in my opinion but CATS was Mafia last round and deceived you all. I wouldn't be suprised if he can do it again.

EDIT: Vote on CATS rescinded.

Edited by Cap'n Crunch

If Reinfleche was Mafia and he saw Hikarusa vote for him, then do you really think he would have been stupid enough to go and nightkill Hikarusa?

...You don't want my answer to that.

I've changed my mind since that post, anyway. Looking back, I didn't put much thought into it, just a disguise for a random vote. Whooooo. So looking at the behaviours...I'm not really sure who to vote for at the moment. I want to vote CATS solely on the basis that he did good last round, but that's shallow and it would make the game boring to kill all the good players.

Taking back my vote for now. I'll wait and see what happens.

Edited by Nightmare

I'm saying that I'm innocent. There's no way that after being accused (and getting votes) by both Proto and Hero for having a food referral in my name that I would then take a bite out of another guy. I'm not that dumb.

As I pointed out before, the bits of flavor text could be clues from the mod to help us identify the Mafia. I don't recall ever playing a Mafia game before where the Mafia get to write the flavor text of the death scene by themselves. It makes perfect sense to me that the mod wrote those as a clue to help us identify the killer. That also explains why he would actually write those little pieces in the OP of this thread whereas most of the other flavor text don't leave the Mafia Updates thread. It strongly suggests that those specific parts of the flavor text are actually relevant to the game, and hence, I can find no other conclusion except that they are clues to help us find the killer.

##Vote: Cap'n Crunch

I'm voting for Reinfleche due to his voting trend last round and a general (often wrong) hunch.

Killing Hikarusa doesn't seem like it'd be an unwise move considering he seems to be one of the more vigilant mafia players. Mafia will kill perceived threats, even if it makes them look suspicious.

"he was mafia last time, he must be mafia again?" That's horrible logic, to whoever said that. Not much else to say in my defense, I explained why I thought some lynch (even though yes, it was likely to be a cit) > no lynch.

Not sure who to vote for, alot of theories being thrown around, but none of them are solid and no clear patterns are emerging. Maybe I'll vote later.

...You don't want my answer to that.

I've changed my mind since that post, anyway. Looking back, I didn't put much thought into it, just a disguise for a random vote. Whooooo. So looking at the behaviours...I'm not really sure who to vote for at the moment. I want to vote CATS solely on the basis that he did good last round, but that's shallow and it would make the game boring to kill all the good players.

Taking back my vote for now. I'll wait and see what happens.

If you're taking your vote back, then unbold it in the previous post, and say that you are rescinding your vote.

For future reference, that will be the exception to the "don't edit your posts" rule that will go into effect next round.

Still no clear evidence pointing towards anybody. Methinks we're going to have to resort to another random lynching. Bummer.

And the bite out of the pool table certainly seems to me to be more of an allusion to I Eat Tables than the Cap'n, but that's just me. I'll vote later.

I'm sending in a [/b]blank ballot[/b]. For the moment at least it seems too risky to vote for anyone, and if nobody is lynched we'll get twice as many "clues" for the town's shrinking population.

Anybody who agrees with me should similarly vote for nobody to be lynched.

Edited by Hero

Why wait when we can already learn a lot from a Townie lynch, and become much closer to victory from a Mafia lynch. The Night Phase isn't going anywhere and we'll still receive these clues from the mod every night. Why shouldn't we utilize the time we have now to lynch someone and find out more?

Why shouldn't we utilize the time we have now to lynch someone and find out more?

Simple: It brings the mafia closer to victory. With every death the mafia position grows stronger.

You'll cast a protest vote with me if you don't want that... do you, comrade? :/

But the problem is, the only way we CAN learn something is if someone dies, or someone with an investigative role reveals himself. Obviously, the Mafia would kill any investigator ASAP so let's not wait for the second option. So the Mafia gets closer to victory but remember, they are only a minority and we can quickly learn more from each death and eventually deduce who the Mafia are.

There's also the very small chance that we get really lucky and lynch a Mafia member.

So we currently have:

Weapons voting: Ninji

Emerald Jealousy: messy mike/Hatari

Proto: Cap'n Crunch

Crysta: Reinfleche

Hero: No Lynch

Weapons, what is your reason for the Ninji vote? I don't remember seeing you lay it out clearly last time, nor was there anything backing it up this time.

Emerald: Going strictly off of Hatari's posts from last time (and not drawing any meta inferences), it seemed to me pretty clear that she was town. It was the classic "I don't have any special insight, I don't have any special powers, I don't want anyone to die" sort of reaction one would expect from a shy first timer, and while a friend, I don't think she'd be a good enough actor to pull that off if she were mafia. Therefore I'm pretty convinced that messy mike is on our side here.

Still not voting at the moment, but if it comes close to the 24 hour mark and we're still tied up, I'll have to break it one way or another, even if that demonizes me.

You might want to rethink that vote. If Reinfleche was Mafia and he saw Hikarusa vote for him, then do you really think he would have been stupid enough to go and nightkill Hikarusa? It would make himself look quite suspicious. Unless the Mafia decided to start their mindgames so early in the game, I highly doubt that Reinfleche is Mafia.

Ya, but it can easily go in circles. The assumption that they wouldn't kill Hikarusa in order to not look suspicious is already one level of analyzing what the townspeople would assume based on a death. The mafia could simply decide "we should kill whoever accuses a mafia member, so that it looks like we are framing accused people when we are protecting our own"

it can be seen that a bite has been taken out of the pool table.

Wow. Delicious. I don't understand what that means though, regardless of whether it was a detail chosen by the mafia or the host. (or 3-13 archer for that matter)

Are we informed if a murder is attempted but the doc saves?

Messy Mike

I really doubt he is mafia; maybe I'm wrong, but hatari probably would not have left if he was a mafia - or even an important position.

There's also the very small chance that we get really lucky and lynch a Mafia member.

This is the most important part. If we let the mafia do all the killing odds are against us IMO. At the same time, I really don't like voting with no idea of who it is, so I'm going to also do a blank ballot this round. But I might vote with Bal too make sure the tie is broken after thinking about it some more.

Edited by SeverIan