Mafia Round 2

General Spoon

... Meanie.

Although that's rather suspicious, saying you'll just randomly vote for no reason? What would compel you to do that if you weren't a mafia? Just randomly voting for someone wouldn't do you any good. For this, I vote against Hikarusa.

You're right, that Hikarusa feller is kinda suspicious.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CATS is being as logical as ever. However, I urge you to reconsider who you lynch and look at my 'evidence'. It's flimsy at best, but it's better than voting for someone because they made the first accusation :(. In fact, I'm likely to have not done that, if I was mafia, but that's easily played as a double (or triple) bluff anyway

Your evidence is non-existent. It's impossible to have good evidence right now. There are no clues and we've had no time yet to observe patterns in people's behavior or draw conclusions based on what people with known roles (i.e. dead people) did. I'm just voting on you cause you had the most votes already.

Random voting the random voter is pointless. You look just as suspicious as he does.

With the absence of clues, there is no good lynch choice this round. However, we still have to lynch someone. Allowing the mafia to take free kills in unacceptable; we have to go ahead and start collecting information, at the very least. Seeing what side someone was on can help to interpret the things they said and the sides they took while they were alive. While lynching someone this round is risky, it's more risky to just give the mafia free kill rounds.

With that said, I vote for i eat tables on the simple premise of getting a random person lynched.

I'm not random voting the random voter. I just think that the fact that he's saying a random person is pretty suspicious since if he was a mafia member he'd actually know who's in the mafia and they would vote against a citizen. That's my reasoning, and if you don't like it, sorry.

Indeed. Not much point defending myself now, even though I know my innocence and you will too soon.

Spoon, are we allowed to claim what our role is, if we do it before we die?

Oh well. Here's what I'm thinking so far about people:

Balcerzac and Nightmare very quickly co-operated and voted against me. Now, that could very well be an innocent move, but there's also a chance that it's co-operation to get rid of someone with (albeit luckily) the right idea of who's mafia. Detective - scouting one of those would seem a good move to me.

CATS is less suspicious, but he could probably kill us all (again) and we wouldn't have a clue it was him. So no idea yet.

Hikarusa and Reinfleich - no idea. Random petty votes that aren't going anywhere don't tell us much.

As CATS has quite rightly pointed out, there's almost nothing to go on yet. I never expected my immediate thoughts to get me killed (take that, free speech!), but I guess there really is no evidence to use.

No vote. We'll hopefully have something to go on next round since I don't really like bandwagoning unless we're all likely to die. Right now it's not as pressing... and it always sucks to die first.

We could be helping the mafia kill the innocents too, ya' know.

Edited by Crysta

Indeed. Not much point defending myself now, even though I know my innocence and you will too soon.

Spoon, are we allowed to claim what our role is, if we do it before we die?

Oh well. Here's what I'm thinking so far about people:

Balcerzac and Nightmare very quickly co-operated and voted against me. Now, that could very well be an innocent move, but there's also a chance that it's co-operation to get rid of someone with (albeit luckily) the right idea of who's mafia. Detective - scouting one of those would seem a good move to me.

CATS is less suspicious, but he could probably kill us all (again) and we wouldn't have a clue it was him. So no idea yet.

Hikarusa and Reinfleich - no idea. Random petty votes that aren't going anywhere don't tell us much.

As CATS has quite rightly pointed out, there's almost nothing to go on yet. I never expected my immediate thoughts to get me killed (take that, free speech!), but I guess there really is no evidence to use.

I should say straight up, if you happen to be a townie, your death will be mourned, but hopefully we can learn something from it and move on. I also didn't expect a massive snowball effect, but just wanted to get the ball rolling. Either I'm much more influential that I thought, or you were much more suspicious than you seemed at first. If there'd been another candidate with a large amount of votes I might have considered changing, due to the fact that you do seem to be consistently active, and making useful observations, so if you were a townie it'd be a shame to lose you. However, the competition isn't even close, and it could just be the frantic last ditch efforts, and not necessarily indicative of future performance.

In response to your first question from a few posts ago, I think yes you probably would have been less suspicious if you'd named a single individual, rather than making enemies with the whole first round, but perhaps that's just me, and working off a gut emotional level rather than being entirely logical. I would assume if you have a special role you can attempt to claim so, but whether or not anybody actually believes you is an entirely different matter.

Because nobody else has done it the current tally appears to be:

Bal: I eat tables

Nightmare: I eat tables

CATS: I eat tables

Ether: I eat tables

Cap'n Crunch: I eat tables

I eat tables: Nightmare

Hero: Cap'n Crunch

Hatari: No One

Crysta: No One

Reinfleche: Hikarusa

Hikarusa: Hikarusa

Weapons: Ninji

Edited by Balcerzak

^_^ zak...

i don't think there isn't enough evidence to vote for anyone.

Oven => food, but as someone pointed out, the method of execution doesn't necessarily have to correspond with the executioner, not to mention there are two people's who's names imply food references.

So random voting without enough evidence is better than just letting someone else die? ...heh, two deaths do not equal a life.

^_^ zak...

i don't think there isn't enough evidence to vote for anyone.

Oven => food, but as someone pointed out, the method of execution doesn't necessarily have to correspond with the executioner, not to mention there are two people's who's names imply food references.

So random voting without enough evidence is better than just letting someone else die? ...heh, two deaths do not equal a life.

Well, we either lynch no one, in which case the Mafia would keep getting free kills until someone has some new info, or we lynch someone else, who is most likely a Townie, but the events leading to his death can end up providing very valuable info later on in the game.

I eat tables wasn't bandwagoned because he was suspicious or anything. I'm pretty sure it was a pressure vote, to see how he would react when under a lot of pressure. Their reaction very frequently allows us to find out more about who they are, for those who look deep enough. I personally don't want to see I eat tables lynched right now so

##Vote: Cap'n Crunch

The other player with a food-related name. The oven in the death scene had to mean something.

I eat tables wasn't bandwagoned because he was suspicious or anything. I'm pretty sure it was a pressure vote, to see how he would react when under a lot of pressure. Their reaction very frequently allows us to find out more about who they are, for those who look deep enough. I personally don't want to see I eat tables lynched right now so

##Vote: Cap'n Crunch

The other player with a food-related name. The oven in the death scene had to mean something.

How does my name mean anything? I'm just wondering as before Cap'n Crunch, it was Life Admiral. Names mean absolutely nothing to me.

It doesn't matter if your name means anything to you or not. What matters is how the mod looks at it. Your name is Cap'n Crunch now and the mod wrote the death scene to include the oven part as a clue. Suspicious, no?

It doesn't matter if your name means anything to you or not. What matters is how the mod looks at it. Your name is Cap'n Crunch now and the mod wrote the death scene to include the oven part as a clue. Suspicious, no?

What if the Mafia came up with the kill style? Anyone can say "I want this person killed like this", no? Name means absolutely nothing to me.

What if the Mafia came up with the kill style? Anyone can say "I want this person killed like this", no? Name means absolutely nothing to me.

If the game works this way, it's just as possible that Proto designed the kill style to be after cap'n crunch's name, so he could then lump blame on cap'n. Or that cap'n designed it after his own name so that he could claim innocence based on the fact that someone else did. Or etc etc. If you notice a consistent pattern it probably means something but that doesn't mean you can interpret it one way or the other.

IMO it's not that well connected though. If the mafia drowned someone in MILK, I'd say crunch was definitely being framed.

EDIT-In terms of roleplaying it might be interesting to hang crunch.

The miller appears to be guilty because he is an outsider. When someone dies, you find out whether they were mafia or town. That's it. You DO NOT find out their role.

When do we find out if the person we hung is innocent or not? The update thread doesn't say if ieattables was guilty or innocent. Also, can the mafia murder their own? I'm sure they didn't do it the first round, but it'd be nice to know if star-mist was just to be absolutely sure.

Edited by SeverIan

[undead and awake]The update thread will always be accurate with Mafia information for hanging, and mafia kills. Didn't get a clear answer for 3-13 archering, but I presume it'd be the same

To that end, Star Mist and I are both innocent.

Go back to bed![/undead and awake]