GK Runthrough. Kinda.

There's no question about going Cavalier. It's slightly worse statwise, with -1 STR, -2 DEF, -1HP and nothing notable to make up for it (+1 SPD is often balanced by -1 CON). However, +3 MOV and Swords, albeit iron, more than make up for it.

besides the fact you cap Speed fairly easily (iirc) and you can't cap con

Lolwut? Speed is her closest stat to capping, yes, but at 17.2/20. She only has an 18.7% chance of capping SPD, and a 10.2% chance of actually getting to '21' SPD before promotion. And that's for one level - so it's basically just as you're promoting anyway.

Yeah, I might just rush Amelia to A Swords as quickly as I can. Hopefully she'll be able to double with Steels before long, and the rest should go from there.

Gilliam is invincible, but I still haven't got back to playing Chapter Six again.

ARRIGHT, got to Fort Rigwald! Time to slaughter Gheb in a humourous fashion.

Chapter Six was easy the second time. Gilliam got to A Lances and level 15 just by sitting in the forests and then the fort, patiently 2-3RKOing everyone. Meanwhile Franz, Eirika and Colm came round the side and wore through the enemies there. Franz was easily better than the boss even without Pure Water, and the Bael almost killed Colm. Meh. Easy...when you know how to go about it.

Chapter Seven was far easier. I just took down everyone piece by piece. Even Tirado tinked Gilliam by this point. Can't remember who took him out, though. I think it was Franz.

Chapter Eight was less easy, slightly. I went along the left side, and promoted Gilliam when he hit 20/0. Then we mowed down everyone, and Colm got all the treasures and everyone got C Supports ('cept Colm, who's still waiting to get next to Neimi) before Ephraim tolchok'd the boss. O my brothers.

Anyway, I stand here at Gheb. These are my guys so far.

EIRIKA

Ended up level 12. The stats I remember are;

7 STR

16 SKL

17 SPD

C Ephraim

EPHRAIM-Level 10

27 HP

12 STR

14 SKL

15 SPD

11 LCK

9 DEF

3 RES

C Eirika

Comments

Not worried about Ephraim in the slightest. He'll kill everyone easily.

FRANZ - Level 17

HP 33

STR 14

SKL 12

SPD 13

LCK 7

DEF 8

RES 4

C Gilliam

Comments

Eh, he's not as good as he should be, but he hasn't run into any problems yet. Not certain about his supports. Should he get a B with Forde when he's got Gilliam AND Amelia?

GILLIAM - Level 2

44 HP

19 STR

11 SKL

9 SPD

11 LCK

21 DEF

9 RES

C Franz

Comments

He is God.

KYLE - Level 12

32 HP

11 STR

11 SKL

10 SPD

6 LCK

11 DEF

2 RES

C Forde

Comments

He's pretty good, if slightly weaker than I'd wanted him to be at this stage.

FORDE - Level 11

29 HP

7 STR

10 SKL

10 SPD

9 LCK

9 DEF

2 RES

C Kyle

Comments

Ugh. Crap stats. I don't care what the averages tell me I WANT MORE THAN SEVEN STRENGTH GODDAMMIT!

Colm - Level 11

25 HP

6 STR

6 SKL

17 SPD

14 LCK

6 DEF (ate a dragonshield)

4 RES

Comments

Eh, thief.

-------

So, I've got a Robe and an Energy Ring so far, so who needs the boosts most? I'm thinking Forde needs that ring, but I'm not leaving out Colm or Amelia. And the Robe, well. I might even save that for Eirika, if getting there wouldn't be made that much harder. But I suck with statboosters, so please, who should I feed 'em to?

Blah. Triplepost, but I'm looking for people to comment.

Well, I killed Gheb (or Gleb) and saved Duessel pretty easily. Fort Rigwald was a straightforward facerush with a lot of narrow escapes, and I recruited Amelia easily, taking advantage of her Knight movement. Gilliam tossed a bunch of handaxes at Gh/leb until Franz could 1HKO him without the chance of a Killer Axe attack. Anyway, he died easily.

I didn't bring Amelia to Chapter 10; the cavaliers would kill her if she lagged behind and the boats would pick her off at leisure if she kept up to the Cavaliers and Great Knight. I narrowly got everyone into the small bottleneck, and recruited Duessel. The Great Knights blocked the Cavalry and Mercs off while everyone else massacred the pirates.

Which is when I came to a realisation; I needed to level Amelia. Badly.

So, I jumped into level one of Valni, promoting Amelia to Cavalier in the one map. Then I retreated from level 2 at an early stage, going back in and bringing Amelia up to around level six. Everyone was of a satisfactory standard. FordeXKyle is my FIRST EVER A Support, and Forde's Cs with Franz and Ephraim make him my first fully-supported character! Eat crap, Sain and Kent B! Ephraim has C's with the Christmas Brigade and Eirika, FranzXGilliam will get to B early in the next chapter, and Amelia, Colm, Duessel are as of yet unsupported...though, not for long, with any luck.

Forde continues to be statscrewed, so he ate the Energy Ring, attaining a mighty 12 Strength at something like level 16. He has 11 Skill and 12 Speed. This is a hell of a time for my first ever screwed Forde. Gilliam is still THE Mighty Glacier. Amelia is, sadly enough, pretty much Forde with crap defence and no supports, after eating the Robe. She is however level six. Forde's disappointing me.

Franz is 20/0, Colm's still mediocre, Epheraim's still awesome and Kyle has ascended to an all-new level of brokenness. So, gonna do the ship level soon (I failed when the boss Deathgoyle found Amelia an easy target) and hopefully it should be smooth sailing 'til 15. Wish me luck!

FordeXKyle is my FIRST EVER A Support,

!!!!!!!!!

As I recall, mine was either ArtuxXNeimi or FranzXNatasha. For whatever that's worth.

Also, shows you right for using Forde. That man can't roll decent stats to save himself ever. At least you get Franz and Kyle.

Don't mess with Forde. He was one of my best guys in my other two playthroughs of the game. He's just kinda shit at the complete wrong moment.

Also, shows you right for using Forde. That man can't roll decent stats to save himself ever.

OBJECTION!

I have godly Forde on pretty much every PT of mine. So yes, he can roll decent stats. Also, he has a cool name.

OBJECTION!

I have godly Forde on pretty much every PT of mine. So yes, he can roll decent stats. Also, he has a cool name.

yes... one could say he's.... "BUILT FORDE TOUGH" if one were so daring to do so...

i'd have to say he's a very promising character, as far as GK potentials go anyway... :P

• 1 month later...

Oh, and BTW I am still going through with this, I just haven't had the time to give it another shot yet. But yeah. I'm still on chapter eleven.

And Forde is still everything-screwed.

I think I'll just use Kyle, the GKs and Ephraim to finish the chapter, as twice I've been forced to restart due to Amelia failing to not be eating by the Deathgoyle.

Yeah.

Usually it would be going great until the Deathgoyle rolls up and eats Amelia. So she's gonna sit on the sidelines again. As is 20/0 Franz. Forde and Kyle...I'm thinking they should stay but let Duessel and Gilliam do most of the dirty work. Ephraim needs to be there. The GKs are my powerhouses.

I hate Phantom Ship.

Still, I beat it. After like nine attempts, I just brought Duessel and Gilliam, who is invincible (right now he has 50 HP, 23 Str and 23 Def, and S Lances). Duessel was invincible enough. And Ephraim wasn't that squishy. Anyway, so I shielded Ephraim with the GKs and fought off all of the lesser undead, who tinked them. Ephraim had a couple tight spots against the Wight with the javelin, but was mostly safe. The boss met Gilliam's Killer Axe. I had to pass around a few Pure Waters to weather the storm of mogalls, but apart from that it was clean sailing. ABOUT GODDAMN TIME. L'Arachel died, but Dozla didn't, so I got a free Elixir and 12 uses of a battleaxe out of that.

Then 12B. I thought it would be ridiculously hard, but it wasn't. I moved up the east, slowly picking off the spiders and shamans, and continued methodically fighting up the map. This was the first non-Tower map I could use Amelia with any hope of her surviving, and truth be told she killed a few people. Namely, an archer, a couple mercs, a mage, a skellington and a shaman, before recruiting Ewan. The boss met Gilliam's Killer Axe, this time with a B support with Franz. Then Forde finished him off and all was well.

So, up to Fluorspar's Oath. Gilliam, with a mighty 12 Res, will weather the storm of Boltings, before everyone runs up the side and commits mass genocide. (Can genocide not be mass genocide?) I got one Speedwing to spare, tossing up who should get it. Also, wondering when to promote Colm? He's level 16 or 17, with 8 Str and Skl. He's going Rogue (hur hur).

So yeah. GK party!