• Fin
    • Dew
    • Lex
    • Alec
    • Noish
    • Midir
    • Jamka

Levin for obvious reasons

I really do like my walking god, I suppose. Still, Arthur is probably better overall due to mount and showing up earlier. But when Sety gets there...look out. 45 speed is pretty funny, as is a 30 magic cap (though I guess he's usually around 27 or something). And pursuit is fun.

Also I suppose Tinny doesn't much like Levin as a father even if she can get Tornado (and elwind before promotion). No Pursuit just hurts, though. Massive Speed and pretty good Luck along with decent magic (but not great) might make her pretty good with Wrath, I suppose. I'm not sure what all she OHKOs with crits, though. 9 magic and 14 mt weapon at base means just 23 x 2 = 46 mt to start. At chapter 10 the +5 magic conversation might put her high enough to OHKO with crits, though. (27 + 20) x 2 = 94, so one would think it should work on most things. Maybe even Elwind for some enemies, since that makes 82 mt on a crit. 77 or 78 avo isn't all bad, either, especially on castles and mountains.

Uh, back on Levin x Fury... I like this Fee. She's fun.

(If Sety can lose speed late (probably going from 29 to 15 or something if the growth pulls a +2?) then wouldn't Faval be able to wrap HP in the same manner? 79 + 2 = 40? 40 is the base hp for Sniper.)

Edited by Narga_Rocks

(If Sety can lose speed late (probably going from 29 to 15 or something if the growth pulls a +2?) then wouldn't Faval be able to wrap HP in the same manner? 79 + 2 = 40? 40 is the base hp for Sniper.)

That's never happened and I used Holyn!Faval several times. This only happens with Sety, the second I see his base SPD as 30, the second I want to avoid using him until the endgame to reduce the changes of that happening but it's been inevitable.

Overall, Claude or Noishe are the best to pair with Fury, as the former passes down the Valkyrie Staff and gives Phee a B in Staffs after promotion, and Sety gets great magic. Noishe makes Phee a better fighter and Sety is still one-rounding most enemies.

Pairing Levin with Fury is a waste of Holsety, considering how Sety joins so late in Chapter 8. And Phee doesn't really benefit, either. :/

Huh? Noish I could understand, but Lex?

Took Claude.

High DEF growth for Phee, Pursuit, Elite and I suppose Ambush but I'm not so sure if she's able to actually put that to significant use. Though yeah, Lex is better off with someone but it seems most (if not all) of the chicks want Lex.

Edited by Speedwagon

High DEF growth for Phee, Pursuit, Elite and I suppose Ambush but I'm not so sure if she's able to actually put that to significant use. Though yeah, Lex is better off with someone but it seems most (if not all) of the chicks want Lex.

I'm not sure how much Aideen wants Lex. What does Lester need with the defense? I suppose you could argue Lana wants Elite, but to what end? No pursuit at promotion. One of the many reasons Lex is so great with Aira is that the kids get Pursuit from their class.

Doesn't that pairing kinda "screw over" Sety? well as bad as he probably could get at least (disregarding say Arden). Its not like Phee really needs Elite since after promotion she gets staves I'm not seeing much use Ambush is helping either, though it is generally accepted it is a good idea that Fee should inherits the hero lance...so...

Edited by User Account

I'm not sure how much Aideen wants Lex. What does Lester need with the defense? I suppose you could argue Lana wants Elite, but to what end? No pursuit at promotion. One of the many reasons Lex is so great with Aira is that the kids get Pursuit from their class.

Fury.

Also, I've just realized that I haven't paired Levin in a while.

Fury.

Also, I've just realized that I haven't paired Levin in a while.

Should I have bolded the part to which I was responding?

Though yeah, Lex is better off with someone but it seems most (if not all) of the chicks want Lex.

I was responding to that.

Fury also has the advantage of giving pursuit to both kids, so Fee ends up amazing. Sety at least gets pursuit, but I'm not sure how good he'd be like this.

^I didn't really think that needed saying, and was more interested in talking about how large Lex's theoretical harem is. I submit: at most 6 of the 7 women. I'm not looking into the others.

@User Account: Fee gets pretty amazing defence pretty quickly. It's similar to the swordkids, only Fee has a lot more move. It's not really about Ambush (especially with her potential defence early on). Elite, on the other hand, is helpful in that it takes her best possible defence growth and for the early to mid game effectively increases it even further. Also, it makes up a bit for any potential lack she has in speed. At least for a while anyway. I'll grant that she doesn't actually cap speed, and that her def cap itself is low, but for chapters 7, 8, and 9 she should have amazing defence and enough speed to double most things anyway. She may need a sword for some enemies, and thus can't quad, I admit.

@User Account: Fee gets pretty amazing defence pretty quickly. It's similar to the swordkids, only Fee has a lot more move. It's not really about Ambush (especially with her potential defence early on). Elite, on the other hand, is helpful in that it takes her best possible defence growth and for the early to mid game effectively increases it even further. Also, it makes up a bit for any potential lack she has in speed. At least for a while anyway. I'll grant that she doesn't actually cap speed, and that her def cap itself is low, but for chapters 7, 8, and 9 she should have amazing defence and enough speed to double most things anyway. She may need a sword for some enemies, and thus can't quad, I admit.

If its for the raw stats for Phee yea, its pretty good, I'm more concerned how much it hurts Sety with only getting Pursuit and Continue, and B magics and staves. I mean the best pairing has to put into account both of Fury's kids right ? Its not the speed that worries me really, (who cares about caps), its more that the skills are somewhat lacking and the economic concept that got imported into fire emblem: opportunity cost? I mean if you really wanted defense you might as well go with Dew for that 50% growth, Fee can still buy the Elite ring for half price, but has higher speed, skill and luck (yes pretty pointless,but...). You just got a kinda similar pairing and the opportunity cost of taking Lex from Aira/Briggid/Sylvia is gone. Bargain helps both Sety and Fee with their staves and expensive weapons and Sety and Fee both will cap Defense albit with much lower HP growths, but its not like its that bad...albeit not overkill like with everyone else. They also both have much higher luck growths, and we all know luck is the most important stat in this game right?

I'm also disappointed you didn't mention that Lex gives Fee a decent Str growth as one of the advantages to the pairing :angry:

Edited by User Account

I'm also disappointed you didn't mention that Lex gives Fee a decent Str growth as one of the advantages to the pairing :angry:

Strength growth is in a massive tie for 3rd best Fee str growth. 40%, tied with 3 other Fees. The Elite turns it into 60 to 80 depending on her level with Elite vs. her level without Elite, and I would guess towards the end Elite doesn't even give as much exp as without elite at a lower leve. (Like, depending on enemy a level 25 Fee with Elite may get less exp than a level 17 Fee without Elite, or whatever. I'm not sure of the exp formulas in this game.)

As for opportunity cost, in this topic I think that only relates to the two children. I think these are ignoring where else the father could go, so there is no opportunity cost of taking Lex away from Ayra. However, the opportunity cost of shafting Sety a fair amount certainly should be considered. Personally, I was just looking at what Fee gets since I'd already mentioned what happens to poor Sety.

"Sety at least gets pursuit, but I'm not sure how good he'd be like this."

I didn't go into detail, but it's a pretty bad Sety. On the other hand, Lex might be among the best of the physical fathers that don't give Critical. Pursuit comes from Fury, Continue comes from Sage. Really, none of the other fathers give much mag anyway and Lex gives a 65% def growth and elite. For a while, that 10% mag growth compares decently with the 15% from Dew. Also 115% hp rather than 75% hp. I'd like more luck, though, I admit. It's one of the reasons I like Fin for Tiltyu. Both children get a 75% luck growth and probably cap spd anyway. 30 luck compared to 20 luck is a decent difference in their avoid capabilities. Over 20 levels, though, Dew only provides a 4 point luck improvement. Unless Dew is at a higher level before the end of gen 1, he's unlikely to give as much luck as this site says he does at Fee and Sety's base.

Strength growth is in a massive tie for 3rd best Fee str growth. 40%, tied with 3 other Fees. The Elite turns it into 60 to 80 depending on her level with Elite vs. her level without Elite, and I would guess towards the end Elite doesn't even give as much exp as without elite at a lower leve. (Like, depending on enemy a level 25 Fee with Elite may get less exp than a level 17 Fee without Elite, or whatever. I'm not sure of the exp formulas in this game.)

As for opportunity cost, in this topic I think that only relates to the two children. I think these are ignoring where else the father could go, so there is no opportunity cost of taking Lex away from Ayra. However, the opportunity cost of shafting Sety a fair amount certainly should be considered. Personally, I was just looking at what Fee gets since I'd already mentioned what happens to poor Sety.

"Sety at least gets pursuit, but I'm not sure how good he'd be like this."

I didn't go into detail, but it's a pretty bad Sety. On the other hand, Lex might be among the best of the physical fathers that don't give Critical. Pursuit comes from Fury, Continue comes from Sage. Really, none of the other fathers give much mag anyway and Lex gives a 65% def growth and elite. For a while, that 10% mag growth compares decently with the 15% from Dew. Also 115% hp rather than 75% hp. I'd like more luck, though, I admit. It's one of the reasons I like Fin for Tiltyu. Both children get a 75% luck growth and probably cap spd anyway. 30 luck compared to 20 luck is a decent difference in their avoid capabilities. Over 20 levels, though, Dew only provides a 4 point luck improvement. Unless Dew is at a higher level before the end of gen 1, he's unlikely to give as much luck as this site says he does at Fee and Sety's base.

Elite is pretty wasteful in itself (for those kids) especially when you have infinite use staves (that give substantial EXP in this game) and Bargain...and thief sword capabilities provided someone passed it down to Delmud/Skashakahsa/Lachke/Celice/Fee. Bargains utilities then stems into cheaper staff users (though its not like either kid has trouble with that). Of course Dew won't be able to be a complete subsitute for Lex, but it offers its own advantages like Bargain, not taking up Lex, and extra luck (which was a joke point). While using Dew to pass better bases to his children is pretty hard, chances are that if you are willing to pair him you probably decided to use and baby/favor him until he promoted and became acceptable

Edited by User Account

Now you see why I wrote "Most (if not all)" instead of just "All the girls want him". He wouldn't be great for Lachesis either due to lack of Pursuit (though the ring could fix Delmud and Nanna can just stick to healing).

Lex seems like an alright pairing for Fury but either Holsety for Sety or Claude for a Fee that's very useful against dark mages later on is preferable to me since every other enemy can be dealt with your many other units (while some Dark Mages are only reachable by Altenna AND Fee, the former having poor durability against them), that and still a decent Sety

Edited by Speedwagon

Unranked, it's clearly Levin. You get a beast Sety and a Fee with absolutely sick offense early on (Continue and Critical actually makes her enjoyable to use in the early chapters of the second gen).

I think which pairing produces the BEST PAIR of units, and Levin CLEARLY wins that.

Edited by Al Davis?

Unranked, it's clearly Levin. You get a beast Sety and a Fee with absolutely sick offense early on (Continue and Critical actually makes her enjoyable to use in the early chapters of the second gen).

I think which pairing produces the BEST PAIR of units, and Levin CLEARLY wins that.

I think Levin wins either way. Ranked or unranked.

I think Levin wins either way. Ranked or unranked.

Nah, Levin!Arthur helps in many spots where Sety hasn't even been recruited yet. Like facing Blume, for one thing. Plus, Arthur has more mobility on promotion, so ranked I would say Arthur's a bit better.