Mafia Round 3

General Spoon

This is the official Mafia game thread where all discussions/game play/voting will take place. For those playing, all game-related posts should go here. You can, of course, have private conversations through PM, AIM, etc.

If you are dead or not playing, do not post in this thread. If you're dead, you're dead. I can't stop you from talking about the game outside of the forum, but by the honor system, please don't. It'll only ruin the fun of the game for others.

Gameplay/Rules

Each game day consists of the Day Phase and the Night Phase. Since my schedule is fairly busy and not perfect, there will not be a 100% set schedule for this. There will, however, be a minimum time limit of 24 hours per day phase. So from the time of my most recent update, you have at least 24 hours to post your votes. Once that time has passed, someone will be hung and the night phase will begin. Once I post that the night phase has begun, ya'll can start PM'ing me. I will post the results once all actions are submitted (or at least 24 hours have passed, in case people forget). This may cause the game to run a little slowly, but it also gives more time for forum discussion, strategy stuff, etc.

Additionally, I would ask that you do not change your name while playing the game.

Also, only edit your post if you are changing a vote. To edit your post for any other reason goes against the spirit of the game.

Day Phase

The Day Phase is when everyone decides to cast a vote to hang someone (or hang no one, if you decide). You do not have to vote. For this game, votes will be cast publicly on the forum. Votes must be bolded and obvious. If I miss a vote because you implied it or forgot to make it obvious, that's your fault, not mine. If you change your vote and make a new post with a vote, unbold your old one. If you change your vote and forget to unbold your first one, I'll ignore your attempt of change because, well, because I can. Remember, everyone (save for those who are dead) participates in voting if they decide to.

In case of ties...

7 votes for VincentASM to hang

7 votes for General Spoon to hang

No clear winner, no one hangs.

7 votes for VincentASM to hang

7 votes not to hang anyone

VincentASM will hang. "Not hanging" votes lose the tie breaker.

Night Phase

The Night Phase is for those with special abilities (certain villagers have these, and the Mafia and Werewolves do). The most notable part of this phase is who the Mafia and Werewolves kill. To do your actions, send me a PM on this forum. Make it 100% clear who you are performing your action to. In the subject, put the Day # in there somewhere. For example, the mafia will PM me who they kill each night, if there's a priest then he will protect someone, etc.

Special Roles

Everyone will receive their role in a PM. For this round (yes, we'll have more rounds later), I will be posting the approximate number of mafia members and what special roles there are. All roles are distributed randomly. No, it's not rigged, and no, I am not going to change the results for friends. I want to hold true to the randomness of the game. So, theoretically, the same person could be mafia 5 rounds in a row.

Priest

Every night phase, a priest can protect one person. Protecting blocks all killing actions done on that person that night phase. A priest can only protect himself once.

3-13 Archer

At most every other night, this player can take actions into their own hands and kill someone.

Detective

Every night phase, this person may investigate one player to determine if they are innocent or guilty.

Miller

If investigated by the detective, this player appears guilty.

Carriage Driver

At night, this player can switch the places of two players that night, causing the actions done on them that night to be swapped to the other player.

Godfather

In addition to being a mafia member, if this player is investigated by the detective, he will appear innocent.

Alpha Wolf

In addition to being a werewolf, if this player is investigated by the detective, he will appear innocent.

Questions, Comments, Concerns

If you have an questions, post it in the mafia sign-up thread. If I forgot to mention something here, feel free to post about it there too.

Winning Conditions

The mafia wins if they kill everyone else.

The werewolves win by killing everyone else.

The villagers win by killing all the mafia and werewolves.

The detective, 3-13 archer, priests, miller, and carriage driver win with the villagers. The godfather wins with the mafia. The alpha wolf wins with the werewolves.

If the mafia or werewolves has a majority at any time during the game, they have achieved a sufficient condition for victory and it's not necessary to continue on, so long as the other enemy of the village is all dead.

We have 27 players this game.

There are 3 mafia (1 of which is the godfather), 3 werewolves (1 of which is the alpha wolf), 2 priests, 1 detective, 1 3-13 Archer, 1 Carriage Driver, and 1 miller.

Hikarusa -Dead- Night 5 - Act of God - WEREWOLF

Hero -Dead- Night 1 - Smashed

Isaac55 -Alive-

Cap'n Crunch -Dead- Day 3 - Walked the plank

Candlejack -Dead- Night 2 - Killed

Nightmare -Dead- Day 0 - Hung

CATS -Dead- Night 5 - Physics

Balcerzak -Dead- Night 3 - Died of a broken heart - WEREWOLF

Ninji -Dead- Night 1 - Unmanly wimp

I eat tables -Dead- Day 6 - Executed - MAFIA

Reinfleche -Dead- Night 0 - His neck was broken - MAFIA

messy mike -Dead- Night 5 - Dropped

Ether -Dead- Night 0 - Stabbed

Dracohon -Alive-

BK-201 -Dead- Night 1 - Stabbed in the neck

Freohr Datia -Dead- Night 3 - Mauled

Bizz -Dead- Night 6 - Arrow through the heart

Generic Officer -Alive-

Big Daddy -Dead- Night 3 - Barfight

Pride -Alive-

WeaponsofMassConstruction -Dead- Day 4 - Hung - WEREWOLF

Crysta -Dead- Night 4 - Waterlogged

Lux Aeterna -Dead- Day 2 - Hung

Lychees -Dead- Day 5 - Burned alive - MAFIA

Luke Fon Fabre -Dead- Day 1 - Hung

Core -Alive-

Alakazam -Dead- Night 4 - 0 HP

Edited by General Spoon

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a small town in northeastern Thracia, night falls. There are rumors that a new mafia has formed. In addition to this, werewolves have been heard at night recently. The villagers go to sleep worried that they may never wake up...

Night Phase Begins - Day 0

The game starts out in the night phase. It is time for special actions to take place via PM.

Edited by General Spoon

Priest

Every night phase, a priest can protect one person. Protecting blocks all killing actions done on that person that night phase. A doctor can only protect himself once.

Just saying :P

No, there's not. If there are clues in that post, they're incredibly vague to the point of being worthless. The werewolf was a shady character and he's physically strong. How are we supposed to use that to point to one individual user? It sounds like just generic werewolf traits.

No, there's not. If there are clues in that post, they're incredibly vague to the point of being worthless. The werewolf was a shady character and he's physically strong. How are we supposed to use that to point to one individual user? It sounds like just generic werewolf traits.

Yeah and the werewolf here probably doesn't even exhibit those traits, much less do we know what the users here are like...So we are basically voting blindly