Mafia Round 3

General Spoon

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicely done guys, why is this thread active after I go to bed ¬_¬.

Hmm... what's the chances of the last Mafioso (I still think that word sounds stupid but...) being one of the inactive people? Given that we've kinda started a witch hunt of them, and Bizz is still alive, it seems possible to me.

I thought about this on the way to school... it would have been better if Bizz had investigated Lychees, then we killed her, since then we'd know for sure if she was/wasn't the Godfather. Still, better than lynching a citizen, I guess.

I thought about this on the way to school... it would have been better if Bizz had investigated Lychees, then we killed her, since then we'd know for sure if she was/wasn't the Godfather. Still, better than lynching a citizen, I guess.

remember we can't take too long or we'll all end up dead. We saved a day, which is a good thing.

Yes... and no. If Lychees was (investigated) guilty, then there's a 50% chance of the last Mafia being the Godfather. If she was innocent, then we know she was the Godfather, and then Pride and... whoever else it was (¬_¬) is definitely innocent. And in that case, the Mafia would be put in a very bad position - they would need to eliminate at least all but two person found innocent and eliminate Bizz, all without being voted, just to have a chance when it comes down to 4 people. If it was that 50% chance, then that's still better information than 33%. But this way, Bizz can move on quicker, I suppose.

Either way, we're in a very strong position. The detective is alive, the 3-13 archer and carriage drivers are likely alive, there might even be (a) preist(s), and there's 1/7 people to find as Mafia, with 2 already having been investigated. I suppose we could lose, especially if most of those roles are dead, but I think we can do this. I personally want to be there to cast one of the winning votes :P.

:( Poor Bizz. At least we know the carriage driver is alive (I want to see the Mafia kill themselves :awesome:).

Anyway, I've been discussing with Dracohon, and we're both still suspicious of Core. There's a 1/3rd chance of the Mafia being the Godfather, which would mean Pride and Generic Officer, and a 2/3rds chance of it being either Me, Dracohon, Isaac55, or Core. I'm sure any of you can work out that, at least today, the odds are even for everyone ¬_¬.

Of course, we need to pick wisely at this point. We can only get two more lynches, 3 if a priest manages a save. There's a chance the mafia is trying to deceive people (wait... that would probably mean me...).

Any ideas who the Mafia targetted? I'm tempted to think it was me, but I also think the Carriage Driver would have swapped with someone he didn't think was likely to be hit or he thought was Mafia.

I'm tempted to think it was me, but I also think the Carriage Driver would have swapped with someone he didn't think was likely to be hit or he thought was Mafia.

Unless the carriage driver thinks you're mafia, and was trying to get you to kill yourself.

As I eat tables stated, I'm still suspicious of Core, but I'm not ready to cast a vote against him, or anyone else, yet. We need to be careful who we lynch.

That's true. I won't deny I've said some suspicious things, and the fact I'm still alive... yeah, I wouldn't blame you guys for lynching me, but I'd obviously prefer if you didn't.

I agree with being careful, but as far as I can see, there's little evidence against anyone else, even with there being little evidence against Core. One of the inactive people might be the Godfather - but then we also don't know which one, and with only 2-3 lynches, I'm not sure. Actually... if it is one of them, chances are they're keeping the other (who is genuinely inactive) alive for that reason...

I understand that you guys are suspicious of me. That's reasonable. I'm suspicious of just about everybody here for one reason or another. Think about your choice though. I've been benefiting the townies for several days now. That alone should be reason for keeping me over somebody who hasn't done squat this entire game. I'm referring the Generic Officer, then Pride. Yes, I'm going back to Generic Officer. Not because he voted for me, but because he was the first to vote on day 0 and hasn't come back since. He benefits nobody by being here, while I am working to find the last mafia. Now if you insist that I'm a mafia, could you please validate your suspicions with more than paper-thin evidence so I can have a chance to defend myself?

Yes, I'm going back to Generic Officer. Not because he voted for me, but because he was the first to vote on day 0 and hasn't come back since. He benefits nobody by being here

This is a valid point. Also, Crysta mentioned earlier that he was reading the thread whenever she went on it, and since she was a townie, we can assume she was telling the truth. So Generic Officer HAS come back, quite a bit, but he's avoided posting. It could be that the mafia has decided to stay in the background this game. Well, except for Reinfleche of course :facepalm:

After some serious brainstorming, I've come up with an idea. I think everybody should roleclaim. It's mostly the carriage driver I'm concerned with here, because he's definitely still alive, and HE KNOWS WHO THE MAFIA HAVE BEEN TARGETING. Anyone they've targeted can be removed from our list of suspects.

On Night 5, two people died, one from a carriage. One of these people was killed by the 3-13 archer and the other by the mafia.

On Night 6, Bizz was killed by the mafia, from the carriage.

So the carriage driver can tell us for sure who the mafia actually targeted on Night 6. If the 3-13 archer is still alive, he can tell us who he targeted on Night 5, and then we'll know who the mafia targeted.

Obviously, the most recent Nights are the most important, but having a list of what the carriage driver and archer did for every night would be extremely helpful as well. Also the priests, if any of them are still alive.

Anyway, there's 6 people left. As I eat tables said, there's only two more days of lynching left, so that means there's really only 1 night phase between now and the end of the game, so I don't see how it could hurt the town to have these people reveal themselves.

Roleclaim?

Well, I was planning to anyway so...

And I can prove it of course, by telling everyone my swaps each night and I'll even throw in my reasoning behind each one.

1.Hero with BK201.

I was suspicious of BK and thought Hero would be a target. They both got killed off anyway.

2.Candlejack with CATS.

Thought Candlejack was innocent and CATS was suspicious. Because CATS was targeted by two people I lost most suspicions of him, although there was still a chance he could be one of the two different scum.

3.Bizz and Dracohon.

Because Dracohon mentioned CATS out of the blue, I thought he could be scum. With Bizz revealing her role, I decided to swap them out. Nothing happened to either that night.

4.Nobody

People were mentioning that maybe the carriage was dead, so I decided to maintain my low profile by doing nothing.

5.CATS and Bizz.

CATS was drawing heat that day, and I was a bit more certain of his innocence. Bizz had survived two nights despite claiming a powerful role. So I swapped 'em.

I now knew Bizz was innocent but I got CATS killed off.

6.Bizz and Dracohon.

I thought back to my initial suspicions of Dracohon and decided that even though Bizz's role wasn't as useful now that we were down to the last mafia who might be godfather, it'd be pretty telling if she got targeted. But she didn't. Dracohon did.

Sooooo I can guarantee Draco's and my own innocence. Maybe you all could make some more sense of my shenanigans.

I apologize for not being active since I wasn't convince on who to lynch due to the large amount of people and a lack of evidence but since it has come down to these number of people. Anyway my role is Priest. Here are the list of people who I had protected.

Day0

Big Daddy: Since it was the beginning of the game that was a random pick.

Day1

Balcerzak: No one suspected him I thought he was a town member.

Day2

Candlejack: I thought he was a town person which he was.

Day3

Cap'n Crunch: Same with Candlejack I thought he was a town person.

Day4

CATS: He had good reasoning on to lynching a person so I thought someone would target him for that day.

Day5

CATS: Again his reasoning helped to lynch another werewolf but he was killed this day.

Day6

Bizz: Since she was a townie and detective even though there's only one Mafia person left. Unfortunately she died.

Of course you can choose to believe me or not. If Drachon and Pride's are innocent and you people believe me that I'm a priest, then that leaves: Issac, I eat tables, and Core.

But I think it could be Issac or Core.

Edited by Generic Officer

Hmm... both make sense and both seem believable, although at this stage it's hard to trust anyone. Pride's fits, but of course there were two priests so Generic's claim is less reliable... for now, I say we believe them, see who the mafia goes for. I'm gonna stick with Core - yes, the evidence isn't too good, but with Pride and Generic at least roleclaiming good roles, it's between you and Isaac. And IMO, Mafia would do better blending in at this point and trying to be helpful (look at games 1+2 if you don't know what I mean).

I'm just a townie, so I've tried to compensate by being generally clever to help people :P. It... hasn't worked so well yet though :-/. I got a Werewolf along with CATS (can't even remember who it was, though ¬_¬), but asides from that I don't think I've had any other hits. Actually... that might by why I'm still alive :facepalm:.

So far we have:

Me: Townie

Dracohon: Townie

Pride: Carriage Driver

Generic Officer: Priest

Isaac55: ???

Core: PROFIT!!! ???

I'm an ordinary townie. Basically, since Dracohon, Pride, and generic offcier seem to be innocent, that leaves Me, I eat Table, and Isaac. 1/3 chance of nabbing a Mafia. Basically its whoever isn't telling the truth between us three. Of course, I'll tell you that I'm telling the truth, but I think I Eat Tables isn't. He's been saying himself that he looks suspicious, probably to dismiss anyone's thoughts of him as Mafia, but I'm thinking its reverse psychology. I think he's actually mafia, and he's telling us that he looks edgy because it would not be suspected. Anyways, thanks Pride and Generic Officer for suddenly appearing. Vote how you would like, but know that if you vote me dead then thats just another day gone, another person dead tonight, and one less townie on your side. I think the townies will probably win anyway with such odds(3 people are guaranteed innocent, and the other 3 aren't)

Anyways, I'm casting my vote to lynch for I Eat Tables

I'll vote for Issac to be lynched. Considering if Drachon, I eat tables, Pride, and Core are innocent then the last mafia might be Issac.

My statement was based on the fact that Isaac will probably be waltzing in sometime soon only to repeat the same sort of stroy, claiming to be townie, etc. If he does look suspicois, then I'll go for him.

I'm not really sure where to start on my defence here. Yeah, I know I've claimed I look suspicious, and actually looking back, that was just more suspicious :facepalm:. I still think there's a lot more evidence against you, though. In that post, you've also misrepresented facts (we don't know anyone who has roleclaimed is innocent, what they've said makes sense but it could have been easily made up).

I'm not really sure where to start on my defence here. Yeah, I know I've claimed I look suspicious, and actually looking back, that was just more suspicious :facepalm:. I still think there's a lot more evidence against you, though. In that post, you've also misrepresented facts (we don't know anyone who has roleclaimed is innocent, what they've said makes sense but it could have been easily made up).

I actually think it would be quite hard to fake what they did every day, but yeah it could be faked for the boldest move evar.

Not that hard. People don't know who was targetted each day by each role, so you just choose people that seem likely, that fit with what actually happened. Pride is almost certainly telling the truth because the Carriage Driver is alive (unless Bizz was, which I don't think is a good argument...). Generic Officer is less certain - there were two Priests and we have no idea if one, two or none are alive. If I were Mafia in fact, you can bet I would have claimed to be a priest - it's almost impossible to disprove at this point.

I guess I'm not going to be able to change your mind, while I'm voting for you though... I'm really relying on someone else reading this and guess who they think is bluffing (hint: it's either Core or neither of us...)

I've decided to definitely trust Generic Officer. Why? On Night 5 he protected CATS, and on Night 6 he protected Bizz. Both died on those nights. This is the description of a priest's ability from the first page:

Protecting blocks all killing actions done on that person that night phase.

Looking at this, it seems to suggest that anybody the priest is protecting can't die that night no matter what. So, if I was a mafia claiming to be a priest, I wouldn't say I had protected somebody who died on that night. However, both of these people were killed through carriage-switches with someone else, so apparently the priest can't protect against that. Only a legitimate priest would know that priests can't protect from a carriage-switch death.

Also, I'm going to believe Pride, for obvious reasons. :P

Now, I really hope Isaac55 shows up and tells us who he is. Nobody else has claimed to be the 3-13 archer, and I'm interested in knowing who he's been targeting. So either Isaac is the 3-13, or else either Messy Mike or CATS was.

Unfortunately, I'm going to be gone for 3 or 4 hours, so the day phase could be over by the time I get back here again. So I'm going to vote for someone before I leave.

That said, I'm going to vote I eat tables. Sorry, but if Core is the mafia, I'm very surprised that he hasn't killed you off already, and I don't want to vote for Isaac until I hear what his role is.