Should I use Aran or Nephenee?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never played Hard Mode (Or Normal XD), and I've never used Aran, but every time I use Nephenee, she is unstoppable.

This may be useless based on my experiances.

I would use Aran during part 1 and pay attention to his stats, then use him during part 3 depending on whether you were able to get his spd better than average. (if for instance you were fortunate with capping str, def or skill earlier than normal BEXP may allow you to raise his spd). Either way you probably shouldn't bring him to endgame.

I use nephenee less than most people here past part 2, but if you do use her in part 3 a fair amount you will probably want her in your endgame team as she is great.

Use the black man!

But seriously, I find Aran to be really good since he's a tank when lots of units are tissue paper and glass.

I tend to use neither. Nolan + Jill is enough for the DB chapters and Nephenee had a failing starting weapon so she should get less kills then Brom in 2-1 and 2-2 and when you can shop in 2-E she should be underleveled. She requires too much Bexp or babying to get back up there with the rest of the team in Part 3 so after raining Javelins in 2-E she's a benchwarmer for me.

Devdan is an in-between of both.

Devdan's not bad at all...he's only lacking in the Defense Department.

It's DANVED, not Devdan!

Danved's main issue is availability, but none of his stats are really good. I guess that with Neph, they were going for speed/skill, with Aran, strength/defense, and Danved gets to be below average at everything.

Devdan's Spd is pretty good, his Res is better than Aran's and has good Luck meaning some more Avo than Aran due to Spd/Luck.

His Str isn't so bad. And it's the same person anyways...even if "they" deny it.

However, electing to use Nadved automatically grants you Devdan. As you get Devdan, you must therefore get Danved.

Thus, by picking Nadved of the group, you actually get THREE HALBERDIERS.

Look to the left, and consider that I'm calling this option better than Nephenee.

I call that victory, sir.

Support triangle? You're going all Korean drama on me now, brah.

Dorcas supporting Dorcas would break one universe, but it's not a support triangle. DevdanXDanvedXNadved would destroy all possible universes if put into play. I postulate that DxDxN should be moved a whole tier above DorcasXDorcas.

Additionally, I postulate that DxDxN should possibly dethrone Seth, if not take the place below him on his tier.

Edited by Integrity

However, electing to use Nadved automatically grants you Devdan. As you get Devdan, you must therefore get Danved.

Thus, by picking Nadved of the group, you actually get THREE HALBERDIERS.

Look to the left, and consider that I'm calling this option better than Nephenee.

I call that victory, sir.

You're not even taking into account that Danved fights with the strength of ten men. So it's like you have TWELVE Halberdiers!

I got to use Danved for the first time today (finally passed the DB chapters fffuuuuu-)

Danved does fight with the strength of ten men, it is true. He is truly supreme amongst Halberdiers.

You're not even taking into account that Danved fights with the strength of ten men. So it's like you have TWELVE Halberdiers!

Hmm. If Danved fights with the strength of ten men, and is arguably the weakest of the three halberdiers, that means that both Aran and Nephenee fight with the strength of at least ten men. So We are probably talking about 30 halberdiers minimum in this situation!

EDIT-Simply because people comment on Devdan fighting like 10 men does not mean neph and aran do not fight like ten men. Heck, I fight like ten extremely wussy men.

Edited by SeverIan

Man<Halberdier. Remember, "Man" is the name of some members of the suckish citizen class, which gets in your way in the two chapters of part 1. So it's more like we have 3.1 halberdiers on our side.