FE6 Playlog

I don't think dondon's 0% growths playthrough applies for best user of boots in a normal game. Douglas.

I agree, it definitely does not. I was hoping that Douglas would be able to support Percival or something, but that was a no-go (kind of because Douglas was an easier target than Percival, which hurt efficiency). But giving Boots to Douglas still had its merits. Douglas could only be rescued by Shin, and occasionally I needed to get him places, plus Percival could only do so much, so it was nice having an extra unit for player phase support.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, it definitely does not. I was hoping that Douglas would be able to support Percival or something, but that was a no-go (kind of because Douglas was an easier target than Percival, which hurt efficiency). But giving Boots to Douglas still had its merits. Douglas could only be rescued by Shin, and occasionally I needed to get him places, plus Percival could only do so much, so it was nice having an extra unit for player phase support.

Yeah, I wasn't disagreeing with your choice for the boots. You best late joining pre-promotes can only do so much. And that rescuing thing is a good point, too. Douglas is fatter than a promoted Gonzo.

Just saying I can't judge your opinion on Thany v. Miledy v. some other unit for best boots user based on your 0% growths playthrough.

(REALLY late edit)

Wait, why did you buy Nosferatu, Colonel M? You killed Ray and I'd assume you are very much not using sofiya. Niime is the only dark user you'll ever get and while it's true that you can't buy another nosferatu until chapter 13, you do get a Nosferatu in chapter 20 (both routes). You could easily get away with just that one for the rest of the game (not much opportunity for her to fight) but if you want one in chapter 19 and the start of chapter 20 then buying one would be sufficient. 40 uses should easily last till the end of the game. You have 80. Are you planning on having her nosferatank?

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Chapter 16X - Sacae

Turns - 15

I cut it close one turn with Cecilia, but thankfully she cooperated with dodging.

Really it's more "annoying shit" than it is hard. Silence, Berserk, and Bolting being fired off at once is pretty scary. Aside from that, the chapter gets quite easy. Shin takes the Sage with his LongBow + Lalum, so after he's removed the chapter gets pretty easy. Of course, I still had to tread carefully in some areas, but nevertheless the chapter got done in time. I think I'll keep this one for Sacae, as this is what sent me there. Ilia is going to be a little bit more difficult: feeding Thany some Cavaliers with the Horseslayer should be the solution, methinks. That should net me to Ilia. Maybe having Klein take the Sage kill too (so have Shin attack, then somehow get the LongBow to Klein and then have Klein finish him off). I just have to make sure that Thany gains ~2 Levels. That should net me safely for Ilia. It's going to be tough, but otherwise I think I can do it.

Hugh wasn't too difficult to train in this chapter, so I had him tag along. Being able to KO the Armor Knights safely is pretty nice. Maybe should've used him to tackle the Javelin Cavaliers, but I don't know if he could double them anyway. Since I got 14 Spd, I promoted early and got something not too bad. Maybe he can support Niime and we'll have a grand old time.

Roy (9.10)
Miredy (6.57) - 50 HP | 23 Str | 21 Skl | 19 Spd | 10 Luck | 19 Def | 6 Res
Clarine (6.37) - 31 HP | 8 Mag | 12 Skl | 17 Spd | 17 Luck | 4 Def | 13 Res
Percival (6.33) - 51 HP | 20 Str | 16 Skl | 21 Spd | 16 Luck | 17 Def | 12 Res
Shin (5.85) - 42 HP | 16 Str | 18 Skl | 20 Spd | 10 Luck | 11 Def | 6 Res
Cecilia (2.52) - 31 HP | 11 Mag | 7 Skl | 10 Spd | 10 Luck | 7 Def | 13 Res
Klein (3.77) - 33 HP | 17 Str | 17 Skl | 14 Spd | 14 Luck | 10 Def | 8 Res
Fa (1.06)
Hugh (18/1.19) - 32 HP | 18 Mag | 14 Skl | 15 Spd | 11 Luck | 12 Def | 11 Res
Lalum (8.26) - 26 HP | 16 Spd | 15 Luck | 3 Def | 6 Res
Douglas (8.00)

---

(REALLY late edit)

Wait, why did you buy Nosferatu, Colonel M? You killed Ray and I'd assume you are very much not using sofiya. Niime is the only dark user you'll ever get and while it's true that you can't buy another nosferatu until chapter 13, you do get a Nosferatu in chapter 20 (both routes). You could easily get away with just that one for the rest of the game (not much opportunity for her to fight) but if you want one in chapter 19 and the start of chapter 20 then buying one would be sufficient. 40 uses should easily last till the end of the game. You have 80. Are you planning on having her nosferatank?

You guessed it. Though I can always sell the other Nosferatu's if I don't use them thanks to Silver Card making it even steven.

EDIT: Fuck, I have to backtrack AGAIN. I forgot the other Hero Crest. So let's make 16 the split after all. I'll replay 16 I guess, unless someone can convince me to not use Gonzales in Sacae too...

Edited by Colonel M

You guessed it. Though I can always sell the other Nosferatu's if I don't use them thanks to Silver Card making it even steven.

Extra killers/silvers now > extra in chapter 23 when Niime doesn't seem to need them.

Don't worry I'm selling two of those tomes in 16 now.

The one you keep plus the one you get later should be sufficient. It's unfortunate that if you find it insufficient (though I can't imagine how that would come to be) you can't buy more until chapter 23. At least it is the beginning of chapter 23, though, rather than the staff dealer at the end.

Did I ever tell you guys that I hate this chapter? Just wanted to throw that out there one more time. For some reason Hugh likes to cockblock his paycheck. Either way, I'll see if I can do this chapter tonight. I have to go to work soon, so I apologize for:

1) Not finishing it.

2) Having to backtrack, which REALLY sucks.

It's annoying, the only chapters that I actually beat you on so far were:

4 (by 3)

8 (by 2)

8x (by 1)

10 (by 1)

that's it.

I'm hoping you'll suck in sacae. :D

As for the rest, um, up to chapter 16x I took 317 turns. You've taken 263 turns. Yeah. Go me. Hey, on average it's only 2.7 turns per chapter by which you are beating me. That's not too bad. They aren't all like chapter 15 where you beat me by 9. Why oh why did you have to replay it?

With all your restarts, I think I have the right number for each of your chapters. Oh, and I assumed 14 for chapter 5 since you said 14 or 15.

I only got around 170 under the game's tactics rank, so that kinda sucked. I got a C in exp. Not like I care or anything, but I'm curious if I spent 170 turns in the chapter 16 arena with my units if I'd have been able to pull off A in exp. (Which I'm assuming would have resulted in an A in power, which was a B.)

Dondon got 293 turns.

207 up to 16x. Yeesh. That is part of why I don't like to compare myself to his turncounts. Oh well, all I can say is "It's my first FE6 HM playthrough".

(If you want to continue your godstomp of my playthrough:

16:	20	20x:	16	F:	1
16x:	17	21:	16	Total	177
17:	12	21x:	16	
18:	7	22:	18
19:	15	23:	11
20:	12	24:	16	

(sacae for 17 to 20x)

I posted 16 and 16x since you are going to redo them.

dondon's:

16  12 turns   20xS 1 turn    F    1 turn
16x 10 turns   21  15 turns   T  108 turns
17S  6 turns   21x  2 turns
18S  6 turns   22   9 turns
19S 14 turns   23   9 turns
20S 11 turns   24  12 turns

Well, I came close in 18 and 19 and 20 and 21 and sorta close in 23. Not a blowout for those.)

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Yeah I know I have too many restarts. I apologize for the 16 restarts, but they are the most crucial (and when I get frustrated, I sort of forget things. This time I'm writing shit down).

I don't think I can get 12 Turns for Chapter 16 due to what I have to sell / buy within that timeframe. I think, at the very least, 15 is possible if I keep Dieck over there ready to shove Durandal up Narshen's ass. As for 16X, I'd have to field Rutgar for a 10 Turn completion (mainly to kill Windamn, that's usually what costs me the turns).

I just can't believe I'm 56 turncounts behind dondon dayum do I suck.

Chapter 16 - FOR REAL THIS TIME

Turns - 19

Gold - 10425

3 Angelic Robes and a Hero Crest are bought. I almost bought another, but decided against it so that I can spend a bit more freely in Ilia / Sacae.

I'm not even going to go over what I did for a third time. This time, however, I was able to put Thany in the correct position. Got all the chests. May I finally say two things:

- Hugh, better be damn worth it.

- Screw you reinforcements.

- Fuck you chapter 16.

Roy the boi
Rutgar (8.71) - 46 HP | 17 Str | 26 Skl | 24 Spd | 9 Luck | 13 Def | 7 Res
Miredy (4.79) - 48 HP | 22 Str | 20 Skl | 18 Spd | 9 Luck | 18 Def | 6 Res
Clarine (4.86) - 30 HP | 8 Mag | 11 Skl | 16 Spd | 16 Luck | 4 Def | 12 Res
Dieck (7.00) - 47 HP | 18 Str | 20 Skl | 18 Spd | 11 Luck | 14 Def | 6 Res
Alan (2.19)
Lance (18/2.43) - 45 HP | 14 Str | 16 Skl | 18 Spd | 8 Luck | 11 Def | 5 Res
Shin (4.36) - 41 HP | 15 Str | 17 Skl | 19 Spd | 9 Luck | 11 Def | 6 Res
Lalum (7.04) - 18 HP | 15 Spd | 14 Luck | 3 Def | 6 Res
Lot (18.97) - 41 HP | 12 Str | 11 Skl | 14 Spd | 7 Luck | 10 Def | 3 Res
Thany (3.56)
Cecilia (2.56) - 31 HP | Dont care
Percival (5.92)
Hugh (15.60)
Zeiss (Don't give two shits)

This time, however, I was able to put Thany in the correct position.

To do what? I couldn't find what you were trying to do with Thany in your other posts about 16.

It's probably more to do with dondon that it is with you.

It's just insulting when you realize all his characters (aside from stat boosters or promotion bonuses) are at their base stats and ours are 10 levels or more above their bases.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

To do what? I couldn't find what you were trying to do with Thany in your other posts about 16.

Block the Mercenary reinforcement corridor then have her equip the Iron Sword to distract Douglas.

Yeah the Secret Shop cost me the most turns tbqh. <_< So many things to sell.

Block the Mercenary reinforcement corridor then have her equip the Iron Sword to distract Douglas.

I think I just love early-game fliers or something but I think Thany is still too low on the list. Meh. I guess it's all that 3 rounding she does along the way against things with better def stats.

Yeah the Secret Shop cost me the most turns tbqh. <_< So many things to sell.

Yeah, I don't get why people complain that Hugh costs turns. Roy recruits Hugh and still tends to get to the throne-room before my thief gets there. Don't know about you. And Roy gets to the throne-room like 3 turns before I reach the wall to the secret shop, forget actually buying stuff. Did dondon warp Miledy with the member card and silver card to say hi to Zeis or something? I don't want to watch in case I do another playthrough, but I'm curious because I'm assuming he went to the shop and his turncount is really low.

I think I just love early-game fliers or something but I think Thany is still too low on the list. Meh. I guess it's all that 3 rounding she does along the way against things with better def stats.

Inb4bbladesandbag?

I dunno, I think Thany is better than what some people give her credit for. Being a flying unit is pretty nice after all. Still, can't deny her pretty sub-par combat. :/ Wonder if it'll do okay in Ilia. I'm pretty sure it will anyway.

Yeah, I don't get why people complain that Hugh costs turns. Roy recruits Hugh and still tends to get to the throne-room before my thief gets there. Don't know about you. And Roy gets to the throne-room like 3 turns before I reach the wall to the secret shop, forget actually buying stuff. Did dondon warp Miledy with the member card and silver card to say hi to Zeis or something? I don't want to watch in case I do another playthrough, but I'm curious because I'm assuming he went to the shop and his turncount is really low.

Hugh didn't cost me any turns tbqh. I reached both Hugh and the 5K at the same turn. If anything, he was a pretty big help with his occasional ORKOing Armor Knights.

I watched the video, and it seems that he had a money surpluss before hand. So I'm guessing that I wasted money somewhere poorly (even before the Nosferatu's). He didn't get the Blue Gem over there nor the other Knight's Crest, which I did ferry over.

Nope. No warp used. Admittedly, using a Warp here might have saved more time than using a Warp in chapter 24 or something (actually, nvm, it would only have saved 1 turn). I sent Miledy up the middle all ready with the Silver Card, and after I recruited Hugh, trade chained the Member Card to her.

Hugh didn't cost me any turns tbqh. I reached both Hugh and the 5K at the same turn. If anything, he was a pretty big help with his occasional ORKOing Armor Knights.

I agree. Hugh was pretty clutch in chapter 16, but after that, I stopped using him...

I watched the video, and it seems that he had a money surpluss before hand. So I'm guessing that I wasted money somewhere poorly (even before the Nosferatu's). He didn't get the Blue Gem over there nor the other Knight's Crest, which I did ferry over.

Yeah I have no idea why you were lacking the money to recruit Hugh while I had over 30k in liquid cash before the chapter started. Partially because I sold a few promotional items, but still...

Edited by dondon151

Inb4bbladesandbag?

I dunno, I think Thany is better than what some people give her credit for. Being a flying unit is pretty nice after all. Still, can't deny her pretty sub-par combat. :/ Wonder if it'll do okay in Ilia. I'm pretty sure it will anyway.

Big problem with Ilia is that you only get three silver lances before chapter 20 and two of them are likely already broken. Only Percy's chapter 15 lance may still be intact and if Thany can't ORKO the Falcos (I assume she can't) then you aren't likely to let her have it to ORKO the pegs. I don't know their defensive stats, but a 20/2 Thany has just 26 mt with the silver lance. I have no clue if that can ORKO pegs, but I'm fairly certain it won't ORKO much else. Killers you can get in bulk with silver card in chapter 17, but 22 mt isn't great. I'm hopeful it can 4HKO falcos, though, since it would give her something, even if it does 3HKO pegs. It probably 5 hits, though.

Then there is your Thany that has just 9 str due to early promotion and little leveling afterwards. 19 mt with killers. Ick. Also just 17 speed with killers. I mean, I guess that's enough to double various weighed down pegs for a 3 or 4 HKO with crit, but still.

Okay, Sacae 16X I'm not going to bother with lowturning it. The reason being that I was assuring myself that I went to Sacae here. Ilia's will be a little more lenient (I just have to make sure Thany gets a kill or two, and I should be a-ok). Anyway:

16X - Sacae Version

Turns - 12

Unfortunately, Hugh is not at what level I was hoping him to be. This is a nail-biting situation as before he was good enough to prevent being doubled by Nomads. So he might have to tread carefully. I need to net him only 1.something levels though, so I'm not totally scared. It just means that he can't contribute fully for one chapter.

Anyway, speaking of Hugh he dodged a Sage Bolting but got hit by a Mage Bolting. That was pretty scary since if both connected... restart. Oh yeah, Clarine dodged 3/5 Silence shots. I guess you can't silence a loudmouth. Fa only absorbed one Berserk, so she was pretty useless. I'm not fielding her in Ilia's run I think. Either way, this chapter isn't difficult, like I said, after you figure out how everything works. Percival connected 3 of his KE shots on the Player + Enemy Phase, in which the 3rd hit was a KO. Yeah, I had to laugh. I did have assurance though (Miredy would be free to attack Windamn the next turn, nothing to be afraid of with 55% Displayed and doing 11 damage per hit). So either way, cut it down to what I expected. Ilia's I'll try to match dondon's better.

Roy (9.13)
Miredy (6.19) - 50 HP | 23 Str | 21 Skl | 19 Spd | 10 Luck | 19 Def | 6 Res
Clarine (5.54) - 39 HP | 8 Mag | 11 Skl | 17 Spd | 17 Luck | 4 Def | 12 Res
Shin (5.72) - 42 HP | 16 Str | 18 Skl | 20 Spd | 10 Luck | 11 Def | 6 Res
Lalum (7.94)
Cecilia (3.00) - 31 HP | 12 Mag | 8 Skl | 10 Spd | 10 Luck | 7 Def | 13 Res
Percival (7.04) - 52 HP | 21 Str | 16 Skl | 21 Spd | 16 Luck | 17 Def | 12 Res
Hugh (16.60) - 26 HP | 13 Mag | 11 Skl | 13 Spd | 10 Luck | 10 Def | 9 Res
Klein (2.73)
Fa (1.85)
Douglas (8.17)

If I get a lower turncount and accidentally hit Sacae again, I will use that one instead of this one. Comprende?

*Starts playing Hue's funeral dirge*

Poor Hue. He's about to show why he's low tier, because he's not outperforming several stat boostersof which he costs when he's barely outperforming merely decent units.

*Starts playing Hue's funeral dirge*

Poor Hue. He's about to show why he's low tier, because he's not outperforming several stat boostersof which he costs when he's barely outperforming merely decent units.

You play that funeral dirge pretty early. Even so, I can't really say the extra two Angelic Robes would be game breaking or 100% necessary. I equipped Clarine with hers, Lalum just got hers in her chapter. One was used on Lance. Another is reserved for Niime. I have one robe sitting around, perhaps for Alan or for another unit of my choice. Aside from the units I mentioned (barring Alan and Lance of course), no one within my team is absolutely desperate for the robe. I've already taken 18 Atk from Nomads vs. Clarine to about a 3RKO, and it'll turn into a 4RKO quickly after I net A Rutgar or B Klein.

You also have to remember that, by recruiting Hugh, I didn't have to break my back training Lugh either. There's still some advantage to Hugh, even if it is rather minor. The loss of 2 robes is duly noted by myself, but I don't think I'm going to cry over spilled milk.

You play that funeral dirge pretty early. Even so, I can't really say the extra two Angelic Robes would be game breaking or 100% necessary. I equipped Clarine with hers, Lalum just got hers in her chapter. One was used on Lance. Another is reserved for Niime. I have one robe sitting around, perhaps for Alan or for another unit of my choice. Aside from the units I mentioned (barring Alan and Lance of course), no one within my team is absolutely desperate for the robe. I've already taken 18 Atk from Nomads vs. Clarine to about a 3RKO, and it'll turn into a 4RKO quickly after I net A Rutgar or B Klein.

You also have to remember that, by recruiting Hugh, I didn't have to break my back training Lugh either. There's still some advantage to Hugh, even if it is rather minor. The loss of 2 robes is duly noted by myself, but I don't think I'm going to cry over spilled milk.

Well, Hugh is only really mediocre except against armors. Lugh at least can be above mediocrity on a lot of enemies.

I wonder how long 100 attacks takes with Hugh, though. I got Clarine from E to B from mid chapter 16 to mid chapter 21x. But she doubles almost every generic in the game and can even tank in certain situations. It's a lot easier to raise her weapon levels. And he can't be sent to a mountain or forest tile to clean up wyverns with aircalibur because a: he might not double and b: they'll have pretty high hitrates. He may not reach s anima particularly early while doubling nothing and not being good in sacae. Lugh doesn't care since he's already s anima.

[spoiler=Clarine stuff]Yes, there is stuff like chapter 23 where you can warp Clarine onto the one mountain tile on the map not in range of the annoying staff users (in fact, it is 20 away and they have 19 range and don't move) and max spd/luck Clarine has 110 avo. Only a killer lance guy can hit her at like 10 listed hit (though it can be 7 listed) with 10 crit. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather not face this, but it translates into 2.1% true and he needs to pull a 10% crit. 0.21% COD and she faces 0% hit from literally everything else there (including two silver lance wielders). With 110 avo the killer lance guy normally has 117 hit, I just got a tad unlucky. 7 is 1.05% true for 0.105% COD. Around 1 in 952 instead of 1 in 476. Frankly I think she's better than Gonzo up there (she ORKOd 9 wyvern riders and 3 wyvern lords with 100% accuracy in 2 turns) because he either uses killers/armads to get a better hit rate against the one range guys while still not getting to 100% and missing the javelin guys on enemy phase or he uses a hand axe and will probably only kill like half anyway. It can be alleviated somewhat by warping him somewhere next to a javelin guy to at least get rid of one more, but I still think she's better despite her 0.105% to 0.21% chance of death. Clarine can gain 36 wexp from killing them. Well, maybe 35 or 34 if she decides to crit something with the 2 or 3 % crit she may have on the non-promoted ones. 12 x 2 for the doubling plus another 12 for getting kill-shots. And it's funny having her kill over a quarter of the map by herself in two turns.

Translation: Nothing is going to make me restart Chapter 16 again.

Anouleth guessed it correctly. <_<

Also, I am going to hand advice: pass on Hugh. I'll use him on this run, but perhaps never again.

Chapter 16X - Ilia

Turns - 13

I took longer for Thany. @_@;

Roy (9.13)
Miredy (5.78) - 49 HP | 23 Str | 21 Skl | 19 Spd | 10 Luck | 18 Def | 6 Res
Clarine (5.40)
Shin (5.93)
Lalum (7.85)
Cecilia (3.38)
Percival (6.80)
Hugh (16.28)
Thany (5.06) - 29 HP | 10 Str | 16 Skl | 22 Spd | 13 Luck | 9 Def | 10 Res
Klein (2.83)
Douglas (8.01)

The good news: IMMA TAKE BOTH ROUTES YEAH!

Edited by Colonel M

Anouleth guessed it correctly. <_<

Also, I am going to hand advice: pass on Hugh. I'll use him on this run, but perhaps never again.

Chapter 16X - Ilia

Turns - 13

I took longer for Thany. @_@;

Roy (9.13)
Miredy (5.78) - 49 HP | 23 Str | 21 Skl | 19 Spd | 10 Luck | 18 Def | 6 Res
Clarine (5.40)
Shin (5.93)
Lalum (7.85)
Cecilia (3.38)
Percival (6.80)
Hugh (16.28)
Thany (5.06) - 29 HP | 10 Str | 16 Skl | 22 Spd | 13 Luck | 9 Def | 10 Res
Klein (2.83)
Douglas (8.01)

The good news: IMMA TAKE BOTH ROUTES YEAH!

I love (re: hate) how Miledy is better than Thany in every single way except luck and when Thany wields iron swords and slim lance. Otherwise Miledy even has a spd lead due to 5 more con. Thany has 18 spd with killers and 20 mt, though, so hopefully she won't suck in Ilia offensively. The extra res isn't relevant when it still results in 100% hit from status staves and her #RKO numbers will always be worse against magic. I mean, even with a 20 mt enemy Thany is 3HKOd while Miledy is 4HKOd. 15 mt probably doesn't exist anymore. Even then, 6HKOd vs. 6HKOd.

Chapter 17 - Sacae

Turns - 7

Gold - 3215

This requires a burning of Warp, but aside from that nothing too difficult. Percival handled the Mages up north. Easy job. Miredy had two tasks: take the Eclipse tome from the village then have her go kill Arcard. Simple tasks, right? Well...

jztid3.jpg

That is kind of annoying, but at least you only have to hit twice, so I guess it's nothing horrible. Net Lot his level and decided that it was time for him to become a man. Gotta say, even though he gets doubled by the Troopers, taking only 10 damage per round isn't that bad when you have 51 HP. Oh, and when your best friend is also a tanky mofo. They will have fun times in Sacae, I guarantee that. Thany got the Tina Staff and the extra weaponry. I'm going to have so much hatred fun here, I just know it. It was really the Fog of War that probably stumped me. I played a little more cautious than normal. Aside from that, Hugh needs one more level and he should be good. I don't think I'll have that much of difficulty getting it to him. Still... @_@;

I don't like the idea of facing crit chances. Lot and Dieck don't, so we're good there. Klein needs his Clarine support, but with it he's okay (he just gets doubled which is kind of scary). Shin... I can't believe he faces crit chances! AUGH! This will be living hell.

I used the DracoShield on Shin, by the way.

Roy da same
Miredy (7.48) - 51 HP | 24 Str | 22 Skl | 20 Spd | 10 Luck | 19 Def | 6 Res
Clarine (6.50) - 31 HP | 8 Mag | 12 Skl | 17 Spd | 17 Luck | 4 Def | 13 Res
Shin (6.29) - 43 HP | 16 Str | 18 Skl | 20 Spd | 10 Luck | 13 Def | 6 Res
Lalum (8.55) - 26 HP | 16 Spd | 15 Luck | 3 Def | 6 Res
Percival (7.70) - 52 HP | 21 Str | 16 Skl | 21 Spd | 16 Luck | 17 Def | 12 Res
Hugh (17.23) - 27 HP | 14 Mag | 12 Skl | 13 Spd | 11 Luck | 10 Def | 9 Res
Klein (2.96)
Rutgar (8.97)
Dieck (7.34)
Alan (2.48)
Lance (2.70)