FE6 Playlog

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give Klein the Brave Bow if you're scared of him being doubled. They can't land the second shot if they're dead by then.

That's the plan. Giving it to Shin probably isn't the greatest of ideas, since now I can have two powerful offensive units instead of one.

Still wonder on who to use the one Speedwing on. Percival looks good, but I don't think he really "needs" it. Another level or two should net him the necessary Spd. Shin will net another Spd point in a level, but a consideration nevertheless. There's also Miledy...

Edited by Colonel M

I really wish you'd copy stats of units that don't level. It's annoying every time I want to look back at what Dieck or Thany's stats are that I have to go back a page (sometimes multiple pages) to when they last leveled just to find out what their stats are.

I'd probably give it to Dieck or Miledy. Granted Dieck doesn't get much use out of it now, but I'm not sure he'll double all the wyvern lords later on without it. And perhaps some of the lords in sacae.

Miledy, on the other hand, will double over half the nomads and will soon hit 23 speed and double the 19 AS nomads too (and early on there are even some 19 AS Nomad Troopers, believe it or not). Of course, I don't think she'll actually hit twice with the javelin all that often, but 30 mt easily 2HKOs all the nomads and with the delphi shield and what I assume to be 19 def rather than the 9 you wrote they all tink her (though some troopers may actually deal 1 damage, a whole 3 with a crit. 17RKO if all of them crit. Yeah). So in chapter 18, for example, you could just send her south early and draw in like all the nomads in the area with the flying goddess of (sometimes) death known as "Miledy"/"Miredy". Tanking 10+ Nomads + Troopers in one round without fear of death and killing around half of them? Pretty cool. And best part? If she misses on the correct Nomads then a couple of troopers may have to face her at one range and pull out steel swords so she can double more of them. In fact, since she has 1-2 range (Javelin) it's even possible that they may choose one range on their own. I doubt it, though, given how they "think" they have effective damage with their bows and they probably wouldn't want to face WTD against her javelin by using swords.

Of course, I send my Sue + Shin combo to clean up (they killed like half of chapter 18), but you don't have them both and Shin faces crit without her. Even your Clarine should face crit if she isn't near Rutger. Do you still have the Light Brand?

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Yeah, I'll add all the guy's stats this time. Sorry about that.

Chapter 17 - Ilia

Turns - 10

Gold - 3120

So first off, this made me laugh my ass off:

2dha2xx.jpg

I gotta say, this guy's job has to be pretty boring and depressing. Oh well, free CEXP for my Miledy!

I must say, the power of flight is so useful. I took out the Ballistae in two turns, followed by taking out the Purge Bishop afterward. 3 very key turns, as otherwise I'd be trolled with long-range weaponry. Gonzales, Allan, and Lance decided to do "other duties". I had them take on the Sandbar and Gonzales was my shopper of the day. Everyone else went down south. Not much really happened here. The longer of the turns involved killing Arcard. I was a little scared when Rutgar didn't want to crit anything, but after switching to Javelin I stated "fuck it" and went for Percival to stab the shit out of him (while Miledy would be more accurate, she'd lose too much AS). So yeah, shit went down. Pretty easy chapter. The main reason it took so long was to try to find a way to beat it faster, but for now this should suffice.

Oh yes, my Gonzales.

ifwq9t.jpg

WAIT HE DOESN'T HAVE CAPPED HP HAAAAALP!

Also gotta say that his 16 Con is going to get annoying. Fast. The only unit that can carry him on my team is Shin. Fuck.

Roy (9.13) - Sorry Narga, I'm not listing this guy's stats over and over.  That fine?
Miledy (6.67) - 50 HP | 23 Str | 21 Skl | 19 Spd | 10 Luck | 19 Def | 6 Res
Clarine (6.09) - 31 HP | 8 Mag | 12 Skl | 17 Spd | 17 Luck | 4 Def | 13 Res
Lalum (8.55) - 26 HP | 16 Spd | 15 Luck | 3 Def | 6 Res
Percival (8.38) - 52 HP | 21 Str | 16 Skl | 21 Spd | 16 Luck | 17 Def | 12 Res
Klein (Pi) - 33 HP | 17 Str | 17 Skl | 14 Spd | 14 Luck | 10 Def | 8 Res
Lot (19.31) - 42 HP | 12 Str | 11 Skl | 14 Spd | 7 Luck | 10 Def | 3 Res
Rutgar (8.83) - 46 HP | 17 Str | 26 Skl | 24 Spd | 9 Luck | 13 Def | 7 Res
Dieck (7.23) - 47 HP | 18 Str | 20 Skl | 18 Spd | 11 Luck | 14 Def | 6 Res
Alan (2.59) - 38 HP | 16 Str | 12 Skl | 15 Spd | 9 Luck | 11 Def | 4 Res
Lance (3.44) - 46 HP | 15 Str | 17 Skl | 19 Spd | 9 Luck | 11 Def | 5 Res
Gonzales (19/1.10) - 59 HP | 22 Str | 14 Skl | 20 Spd | 11 Luck | 13 Def | 1 Res
Shin (6.25) - 43 HP | 16 Str | 18 Skl | 20 Spd | 10 Luck | 11 Def | 6 Res
Thany (5.13) - 29 HP | 10 Str | 16 Skl | 22 Spd | 13 Luck | 9 Def | 10 Res

Edited by Colonel M

You didn't include a turn count.

Oops. Added. Thanks for notifying that.

EDIT: Meanwhile, back at Sacae... HALP WHY IS ALAN BEING DOUBLED BY THE DAMON'S PIZZA DELIVERY GUY!?!

2ziyclv.jpg

...Major pain.

Edited by Colonel M

Chapter 18 - Sacae

Turns - 7

Gold - 3765

Sold the Eclipse and Body Ring. Selling the latter has minor repercussions, but I needed the cash bad. The next time I ever play this game, Miledy looks solid for the item. Or even Fir, though granted I don't really need her. Yet. This is the first time I've step foot in the Sacaen lands, and I learned some hefty lessons.

The biggest MVP here had to be Miledy. I'm not going to lie about this: I don't know what I would do without her at the moment. Being able to take these annoying enemies, 2HKO them, double them sometimes (yes I gave her the Speedwing), and being able to FLY is awesome. Oh yeah, 19 Def. <3 forever. Miledy Express is definitely my ace of spades for Sacae.

Lot and Dieck did do a few things. Percival was probably next on my MVPs. He took the Wyvern squadron with the Brave Lance, though now I'm left with 17 uses of it. Yeah, I kind of hate that part of it. Klein got his B Clarine, so that's going to help his durability to some extents as well as Clarine's. Nothing better than +5 Avoid on a somewhat dodgy character. Granted, it's not AS useful here.

Unfortunately, like Monke, I made a miscalculation of my own. Rutgar didn't level up, which meant that he didn't have 25 Spd. I think you know what that means. To make matters worse, I couldn't hit him on the turn I got there, so it only got me to .98. Thankfully back on the Enemy Phase I killed the Lancereaver Myrmidion, which net me my key level up. If I did have 25 Spd, it is possible that I could've done this in 6 turns. I guess if you're antsy about me getting the turncount down by one, I can try it again. Though I wouldn't say that 7 turning this chapter is far from bad.

Alan is near a level up, which is good news, as now I shouldn't have to worry about him being doubled all the time. Still, you must admit seeing these guys at 20 AS and having crit rates on you sucks. At least the Lance support helps his CEV.

Roy (Man I wish you could sorta die)
Miledy (10.18) - 53 HP | 25 Str | 23 Skl | 23 Spd | 11 Luck | 19 Def | 6 Res
Clarine (7.05) - 31 HP | 9 Mag | 12 Skl | 18 Spd | 18 Luck | 4 Def | 13 Res
Shin (6.79) - 3 HP | 16 Str | 18 Skl | 20 Spd | 10 Luck | 13 Def | 6 Res
Lalum (9.05) - 27 HP | 17 Spd | 16 Luck | 3 Def | 6 Res
Percival (8.55) - 52 HP | 21 Str | 16 Skl | 21 Spd | 16 Luck | 17 Def | 12 Res
Hugh (17.25) - 27 HP | 14 Mag | 12 Skl | 13 Spd | 11 Luck | 10 Def | 9 Res
Rutgar (9.84) - 47 HP | 17 Str | 27 Skl | 25 Spd | 9 Luck | 13 Def | 7 Res
Dieck (7.41) - 47 HP | 18 Str | 20 Skl | 18 Spd | 11 Luck | 14 Def | 6 Res
Alan (2.92) - 38 HP | 16 Str | 12 Skl | 15 Spd | 9 Luck | 11 Def | 4 Res
Lance (2.80) - 45 HP | 14 Str | 16 Skl | 18 Spd | 8 Luck | 11 Def | 5 Res
Lot (2.23) - 50 HP | 15 Str | 14 Skl | 16 Spd | 7 Luck | 13 Def | 3 Res
Thany (3.66) - 28 HP | 9 Str | 15 Skl | 21 Spd | 12 Luck | 9 Def | 9 Res
Gonzales (1.27) - 58 HP | 22 Str | 14 Skl | 19 Spd | 11 Luck | 13 Def | 1 Res

Now we head back to Ilia:

15zfm1k.jpg =?= 200px-Martel.jpg

Where I somehow link Martel to Tales of Symphonia with a gender bending change...

Edited by Colonel M

Yeah, I'll add all the guy's stats this time. Sorry about that.

Thanks a million.

Roy (9.13) - Sorry Narga, I'm not listing this guy's stats over and over.  That fine?
Miledy (6.67) - 50 HP | 23 Str | 21 Skl | 19 Spd | 10 Luck | 19 Def | 6 Res
Clarine (6.09) - 31 HP | 8 Mag | 12 Skl | 17 Spd | 17 Luck | 4 Def | 13 Res
Lalum (8.55) - 26 HP | 16 Spd | 15 Luck | 3 Def | 6 Res
Percival (8.38) - 52 HP | 21 Str | 16 Skl | 21 Spd | 16 Luck | 17 Def | 12 Res
Lot (19.31) - 42 HP | 12 Str | 11 Skl | 14 Spd | 7 Luck | 10 Def | 3 Res
Rutgar (8.83) - 46 HP | 17 Str | 26 Skl | 24 Spd | 9 Luck | 13 Def | 7 Res
Dieck (7.23) - 47 HP | 18 Str | 20 Skl | 18 Spd | 11 Luck | 14 Def | 6 Res
Alan (2.59) - 38 HP | 16 Str | 12 Skl | 15 Spd | 9 Luck | 11 Def | 4 Res
Lance (3.44) - 46 HP | 15 Str | 17 Skl | 19 Spd | 9 Luck | 11 Def | 5 Res
Gonzales (19/1.10) - 59 HP | 22 Str | 14 Skl | 20 Spd | 11 Luck | 13 Def | 1 Res
Shin (6.25) - 43 HP | 16 Str | 18 Skl | 20 Spd | 10 Luck | 11 Def | 6 Res
Thany (5.13) - 29 HP | 10 Str | 16 Skl | 22 Spd | 13 Luck | 9 Def | 10 Res

Yeah, I don't care about Roy. It's mostly for comparison purposes when thinking about what your units can do. Though I don't care about Klein so I suppose you don't have to copy paste him all the time. Do you have a hero crest for Lot? If so, waiting for level 20?

And yeah, Miledy is pretty pwn here. The body ring could let her double 19 attack speed nomads with javelins, by the way. I think you only sold it on Ilia, though I could be mistaken.

Remember, there aren't exactly very many units that 10 aid picks up but 8 aid doesn't. And 10 con is about as easy to pick up as 12 is. I mean, all your mounted units (except her) have more than 12 aid anyway. I suppose Lot has 12 con and thus 11 aid, though, but after promotion even he can help with any necessary take/drops.

Do you have a hero crest for Lot? If so, waiting for level 20?

That's what I'm waiting for. For some reason when I hit Level 2 with 19/1 Lot, it didn't proc Spd. My guess is that it will re-find the Spd point in Level 3, so I'm not terribly scared. It's more for testing purposes and to assure myself I have 17 AS.

And yeah, Miledy is pretty pwn here. The body ring could let her double 19 attack speed nomads with javelins, by the way. I think you only sold it on Ilia, though I could be mistaken.

I sold it in Sacae. I still have it in Ilia, for some reason. I think I was going to try it on Echinda.

Remember, there aren't exactly very many units that 10 aid picks up but 8 aid doesn't. And 10 con is about as easy to pick up as 12 is. I mean, all your mounted units (except her) have more than 12 aid anyway. I suppose Lot has 12 con and thus 11 aid, though, but after promotion even he can help with any necessary take/drops.

Yeah, to be honest it was a difficult decision to turn down the Body Ring for Miledy, but I desperately needed the cash. It sucks.

That's what I'm waiting for. For some reason when I hit Level 2 with 19/1 Lot, it didn't proc Spd. My guess is that it will re-find the Spd point in Level 3, so I'm not terribly scared. It's more for testing purposes and to assure myself I have 17 AS.

Reminds me to look more into Sacae stats...

Makes me want to do my own playthrough, but fuck it. I'm too lazy to give a damn about keeping up with your guys's speeds (I kick back and relax more in FE6 than in any other FE), and chances are no one will pay attention to it, just like RD...

I sold it in Sacae. I still have it in Ilia, for some reason. I think I was going to try it on Echinda.

Can't really imagine who would put it to good use in Sacae anyways that would also be of efficient use there, except maybe Igrene (helps her later on as well. now that Miurge doesn't weigh her down by 3 (now just one), she can enjoy a nice +4 AS, which can help immensely on those damn wyvern lords and heroes, along with giving her more right to those snipers as she has +8 avoid going for her.

Yeah, to be honest it was a difficult decision to turn down the Body Ring for Miledy, but I desperately needed the cash. It sucks.

Think I should get loudspeakers for Hue's dirge? Seriously, I got some loudspeakers in the back, got some sick subwoofers dude...

Reminds me to look more into Sacae stats...

Makes me want to do my own playthrough, but fuck it. I'm too lazy to give a damn about keeping up with your guys's speeds (I kick back and relax more in FE6 than in any other FE), and chances are no one will pay attention to it, just like RD...

I'd read it. And my turncounts kinda blow mostly so you wouldn't be alone. Your playthrough just wouldn't mean much for the tier list because levels would be off.

Can't really imagine who would put it to good use in Sacae anyways that would also be of efficient use there, except maybe Igrene (helps her later on as well. now that Miurge doesn't weigh her down by 3 (now just one), she can enjoy a nice +4 AS, which can help immensely on those damn wyvern lords and heroes, along with giving her more right to those snipers as she has +8 avoid going for her.

Um, we just talked about Miledy. 20/5 Miledy has 21 spd. speedwing + body ring = 23 attack speed with javelins, letting her double and 2HKO a large portion of like 5 maps with 1-2 range while taking about 1 damage in return. Miledy is amazing for it. If you don't give her the body ring she caps javelin attack speed at 22 and misses the 19 spd nomads on top of the 20 spd ones.

I find the Speedwing pretty overkill on Miledy, since she tends to cap Spd pretty early for me, probably because she ends up gaining a lot of levels due to lots of enemy exposure.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I find the Speedwing pretty overkill on Miledy, since she tends to cap Spd pretty early for me, probably because she ends up gaining a lot of levels due to lots of enemy exposure.

I'd agree if I didn't have nowhere else really to put it. I suppose maybe Alan or something. Or boost Dieck's spd with both instead of one. I certainly agree she'll easily cap spd on her own and will do it well before the end of the game. However, it is an option to give it to her because it'll take her 4 or 5 levels of not doubling many of the Nomads before she actually does cap and so it is arguably worth it for the 3 chapters or so on which it will help.

The body ring, though, is useful regardless because it lets her use javelins without loss of speed. Even when she caps spd her cap with javelins is only 22 otherwise. It's a little bit of a shame that it doesn't do much else, though, and only saves her 1 spd, but oh well. (Plus mine got spd-screwed anyway, but that's not relevant)

The only two that necessarily need it are Miledy in Sacae mode and Echinda. Fir would be a third contender so her AS is consistent with the Killing Edge.

Also, @GJ: while some of my "money woes" can be linked back to Hugh, the vast majority of it actually links back to my overspending of Killer weapons instead of waiting around and only buying a few of them. So I suggest that you re-sell those speakers and buy some Angelic Robes.

The only two that necessarily need it are Miledy in Sacae mode and Echinda. Fir would be a third contender so her AS is consistent with the Killing Edge.

On a lesser note, there is also Ray who would like to not lose speed using Nosferatu on these guys, which helps later on combating enemies in Bern (hello no longer being doubled by heroes and can double counter snipers with Nosferatu), or OJ who would enjoy having more opportunities to double with stronger weapons/avoiding doubles while countering with hand axes in Sacae (too bad he's got no useful supports. He'd actually get to 60s hit with it, which is at least usable, though not exactly great).

Also, @GJ: while some of my "money woes" can be linked back to Hugh, the vast majority of it actually links back to my overspending of Killer weapons instead of waiting around and only buying a few of them. So I suggest that you re-sell those speakers and buy some Angelic Robes.

I could probably get more after selling my speakers, if Hue didn't make off with my money.

I'm being serious though. If I was a little wiser with Chapter 13's shopping and even back in Chapter 11 when I bought 7 Killer Axes, the money would have been more plentiful when I arrived with Hugh. I'd probably still leave myself with a 15K buffer (the gems make up 12, Crest makes it 17), but otherwise I believe I couldve recruited Hugh without putting a major detriment in my funds. Perhaps if I ever bother with a 2.0 run, I might consider the point.

As for Ray and OJ, not a terrible point with either. Sucks that Ray "sort of" requires Lugh to be in play to be effective, then strung together for a while. OJ has a pretty eugh start. Still, points nevertheless.

Looks like Ill have to get creative in Ilia. No one really has a logged turncount for these chapters (from what I know). I do have a couple of ideas though. Gonzales would take the village in the southeastern corner. I don't EXACTLY know when he'll hit it, but I'm hoping that it will be fast enough. Miledy will get the village in the east, near the gate. The only iffy stuff here are the Shamans and the Light Brand. Guess you can count the Silver Lance Falco too. Thany will take the northwest village.

So many forests... This will take FOREVER. May the power of flight guide me to lowering the turncount.

Ilia really is where berserkers shine. Not only are most of the enemy carrying lances, there is so much terrain for them to abuse. Look there, and see a lake. Pegasi will come from the right, so they will take care of them with great ease while saving the village there. his allows them to not charge your main group, which leaves them more free to traverse the damn forests, along with making hte passage there far easier to deal with.

Same with the next chapter, as there are plenty of peaks to cross, and of which can make any berserker a god (except maybe Garret, but that's more due to his shitty speed). It also helps them save yet another village, and make fodder for ballisticians to waste their shots on attempting to hit these berserkers on peaks. Even if they did, thanks to peaks giving a juicy defense boost they'll hardly care about taking the hit.

Bright side for them in Sacae is merely in their gaiden, of which they can just cross rivers to mess with enemies. Problem is if you try to retreat, those nomads can just as easily cross those rivers.

Stupid OP Nomad horses...

If I have time, I might record some Ilia chapters. On 0% growths.

I'd almost say no out of the fear that you'll pull something like a 6 turn on Chapter 17. ;_;

Yet, nevertheless, I cannot stop your pursuit for that. The enemies are hardly a challenge here, that's for sure.

Yeah, the NT river crossing is kind of bad. Good news is that they don't do it often. Well, I can see that they would on the gaiden chapter nevertheless. Also agree with ya that Gonzales gets a moment to shine in Ilia too. It just sucks that only Shin can carry him (blegh).

So first off, this made me laugh my ass off:

2dha2xx.jpg

I gotta say, this guy's job has to be pretty boring and depressing. Oh well, free CEXP for my Miledy!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Why's he there? Is he on vacation or something?