Your Favorite Anime

Sergeant Avocado

As the title would suggest, this is the topic to discuss your current favorite anime/manga. As for me, I've had many favorites throughout the years, but I'd say my current favorite is Death Note. Well, Death Note season one, I mean. Season two was a big let down. Thoughts?

way too many to name

Samurai Champloo - Mugen and Jin are awesome, good storyline, enjoyed the series, probably one of my all time favorites along with:

Trinity Blood - Love the Idea, Love the Series, Vampires = Good

Hellsing OVA and TV - Alucard, enough said.

Claymore - It's just fricken awesome

Gundam Wing - First anime I ever saw

Fruits Basket - Totally cute

Ghost Hunt - Just the right amount of creepy...

D.Gray-man - The new bleach (I dropped both bleach and naruto)

others i could name...but i'm not going there.

Edited by Hatari

I don't really know when something's an anime, but I've heard Avatar; the last airbender is an anime and I really liked it. too bad it has ended.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is my favorite anime with Souten no Ken being a close-ish second. It's a damn shame the Souten no Ken anime was never finished and probably never will be. :(

I haven't watched that many but my favorite is definitely Fullmetal Alchemist. The original one, not the Brotherhood. I always wanted to watch Code Geass though.

Way to many for me just to choose one.

-Any of Key's works (Clannad, Air, Kanon etc)

-Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (+Kai)

-Code Geass

-Hayate No Gotoku

Also enjoyed Mangetsu(Full Moon) Wo Sagashite when I was younger not sure what I'd think of it now

I haven't watched that many but my favorite is definitely Fullmetal Alchemist. The original one, not the Brotherhood. I always wanted to watch Code Geass though.

You ARE watching Brotherhood, though, right? It gets just as good, if not better, as the original one later on.

Mine has to be:

Cowboy Bebop: Style, action, awesomeness, too many things to describe it.

Outlaw Star: First anime that I saw that had everything in it.

Edited by 21_21

Hayate no Gotoku! If I had a dime for every time I saw a perfect anime... I would have 10 cents.

The name is Hayate no Gotoku!

If you haven't seen it, see it.

If you've seen it, then see it again.

Other than HnG, I'm also very fond of...

Welcome to the NHK! - where my old username comes from

Zero no Tsukaima - my avatar right now

Planetes - almost perfect, falls short when compared to the perfectness of HnG

Mushishi - ditto top entry.

Yu-Gi-Oh, up to but not including GX (seriously Yu-Gi-Oh without Yugi & co. is just not the same, I'm afraid).

As to why, it is because it's actually got a decent-ish story, unlike the Pokemon anime (which, admittedly, is the only other anime series that I've seen - I'm one of those people who actually prefer watching western cartoons).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Yu-Gi-Oh, up to but not including GX (seriously Yu-Gi-Oh without Yugi & co. is just not the same, I'm afraid).

As to why, it is because it's actually got a decent-ish story, unlike the Pokemon anime (which, admittedly, is the only other anime series that I've seen - I'm one of those people who actually prefer watching western cartoons).

If you're interested in anime at all, I suggest watching Death Note first, it will at least show you that anime has a lot more to offer than that of Pokemon, Yu-Gi-OH, etc., shows that nonanime watchers tend to get exposed first, which is a bad thing, considering shows like Pokemon are horrible examples of how complex and mature anime can really be.

But when you say you prefer Western Animation, does that mean you really watch Western Animation on a regular basis? Or do you mean you simply prefer Western entertainment? I've said this in my post in the anime vs. western animation thread, basically I feel that there is really no reason to prefer one over the other, considering all the differences these two mediums have.

My favorite...probably either Gundam Wing, Cowboy Bebop, One Piece, Haruhi or Kino's Travels.

If we were talking manga too I'd include Kenshin and Berserk.

Death note season 1 was pretty good. Frankly, I think that L's death could have ended the series pretty effectively and they coulda just stopped there.

The series felt like it had already winded down from then on.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is my favorite anime with Souten no Ken being a close-ish second. It's a damn shame the Souten no Ken anime was never finished and probably never will be. :(

I'm glad someone likes this. I've devoted a lot of time to d/ling it but haven't gotten around to watching it quite yet. Prolly will over the summer break.

But when you say you prefer Western Animation, does that mean you really watch Western Animation on a regular basis? Or do you mean you simply prefer Western entertainment? I've said this in my post in the anime vs. western animation thread, basically I feel that there is really no reason to prefer one over the other, considering all the differences these two mediums have.

Reasons are subjective. I might say I prefer anime because the girls are drawn with gigantic eyes. It depends from person to person. There are an uncountable (though probably not infinite, I'm not really sure) number of reasons why a person could prefer american animation to japanese animation. Especially considering that these terms we throw around focus our attention on the general tendencies of each form of animation.

Edited by SeverIan

Reasons are subjective. I might say I prefer anime because the girls are drawn with gigantic eyes. It depends from person to person. There are an uncountable (though probably not infinite, I'm not really sure) number of reasons why a person could prefer american animation to japanese animation. Especially considering that these terms we throw around focus our attention on the general tendencies of each form of animation.

You misunderstood my argument. I was trying to say that anime and western animation is so different that it's silly to think of them as mutually exclusive. But of course, that itself could be argued.

A difficult decision indeed. I have a tendency to like anime for (apparently) completely different reasons than the majority of fans, and in some cases I almost feel like I have thought too much about it and discovered depth that was not supposed to be there. So, I guess it's a bit of a struggle between Hairoohee, Code Geass, and Clannad. But I'll probably think of some other show after writing this that I also really liked...

Hmm, favorite anime, tough call. I do at least have a top five list:

1. Kanon (2006)

2. Clannad - After Story

3. ef - a tale of memories

4. Kara no Kyoukai 5: Mujun Rasen

5. Air

My favorite eh? Tough question. Hm... OK. Here. Not in order.

Shakugan no Shana - Awesome anime, great music.

Pandora Hearts - Manga is awesome but I don't really like the anime style.

D.Gray-Man - I just started watching it recently. But I like it.

Alice Academy - Fun and cute anime! =3

Shounen Onmyjouji - <3

Saiunkoku Monogatari 1/2 - Best historical anime I have ever watched

Blood+ / DTB / Black cat - Awesome action anime

La Corda D'oro ~ primo passo/Nodame Cantabile - Good anime for music fan

Fate/Stay Night,Tears to Tiara,Fullmental Alchemist,Hell girl 1/2/3- Do you need to ask? They are awesome.

Digimon - Never got bored of it.

Well, so far, that's all. I think. :rolleyes:

Edited by Amelia

But when you say you prefer Western Animation, does that mean you really watch Western Animation on a regular basis? Or do you mean you simply prefer Western entertainment?

I'd have to answer yes to both questions, I'm afraid. This is beacause I live in the UK where anime isn't shown on mainstream TV, unless it's really popular and for kids (like Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon both are). There are channels where mature anime is shown but you need satellite TV to watch them (and they show them quite late at night as well).