Astra's Lump of Sprites

AstraLunaSol

This one is good, but the right arm OPV looks really weird.

This one's great. I like it, too.

Something about this guy's face and hair bothers me.

This one's very good.

The hair looks kinda weird, but otherwise it's good.

A bit wide hmmm?

Thanks.

Actually, the main problem people pointed out was the broad shoulders, I fixed that but I'm just too lazy to upload the new one.

Thank you again.

Where.

EDIT: Re-did the Opening post.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit wide hmmm?

Actually, the main problem people pointed out was the broad shoulders, I fixed that but I'm just too lazy to upload the new one.

Where.

Compare it to her other arm, which you can barely see at all.

Oh. I think that the hair and face just seemed a bit disproportionate compared to the shoulders, but fixing those would probably do the same.

It falls weirdly in the front.

Compare it to her other arm, which you can barely see at all.

Oh. I think that the hair and face just seemed a bit disproportionate compared to the shoulders, but fixing those would probably do the same.

It falls weirdly in the front.

Because of the fluff ._.

Yeah.

That's actually a pretty good suit.

That one's good btw, nothing obviously wrong with it from the eyes of someone who doesn't sprite themselves.

Who is he? I didn't see him before.

Hiyama Kiyoteru, Vocaloid developed to satisfy every last fetish the other Vocaloids couldn't.

[spoiler=a rather popular song by him]

As for the sprite, I love the glasses. Something about the top neck shading feels a bit off though.

I love simple edits:

Personal.png------------------>EvilAstra.png

Personal mug competition, the theme was evil.

ContestFinal.png

And a splicing contest, guess who I used.

Icky. Look like zombie.

I see Sain, Eliwood. But Sain's eyes changed. Or at least..that's what I think.

HakuDone.png

Haku Yowane, finally done with my important requests. @_@

Nice, good job with the eyes.

Shading's too plain. Unless that's intentional, I'd say to use more shades. There's also how awkward it looks to have one side of his face be dark and the other side lighter. I almost thought that was the design of the character, but I googled some images and it doesn't seem to be the case.

Nice work, otherwise.

EDIT: Whoops, I meant more shading and more contrast between the shades, not more shades.

Edited by Nightmare

Shading's too plain. Unless that's intentional, I'd say to use more shades. There's also how awkward it looks to have one side of his face be dark and the other side lighter. I almost thought that was the design of the character, but I googled some images and it doesn't seem to be the case.

Nice work, otherwise.

I try to stick with 16 colors max, though I should see what would happen if I went OVER that limit. Yeah, I fixed that. Thanks.

RallenDone.png

Before you go ballistic.

I think the problem with the headshading is the way it kinda curves is a bit unnatural and should be more... straight? Hope you get what I mean.

Also, on the right side of his head where his hair flips in front of his face a little, there should be shading there.

If you don't understand me I could explain better. /headdesk

Edited by Starsong

RallenDone.png

Before you go ballistic.

I think the problem with the headshading is the way it kinda curves is a bit unnatural and should be more... straight? Hope you get what I mean.

Also, on the right side of his head where his hair flips in front of his face a little, there should be shading there.

If you don't understand me I could explain better. /headdesk

I got that, Lux and Nightmare commented on that, fixed that.

Totally changing the hair, I found a pic of Rallen from a side view, his hair curves in.

I understand, thank you.

That one looks better than the original.

ContestFinal.png

Im really digging this guy. Looks a lot like a mug i made...well sorta. The vibe is the same. Although it looks like hes got a total 80s rocker mullet. XD

I like the Miku battle deal. Nice speakers. Man, Vocaloid must be a huge fad on here what with everyone doing sprites of them and having sigs, etc.

That one looks better than the original.

ContestFinal.png

Im really digging this guy. Looks a lot like a mug i made...well sorta. The vibe is the same. Although it looks like hes got a total 80s rocker mullet. XD

I like the Miku battle deal. Nice speakers. Man, Vocaloid must be a huge fad on here what with everyone doing sprites of them and having sigs, etc.

=P Thanks.

Mainly my friends giving me requests.

Holy shit this is a "Hot topic" *celebrates*

Edited by AstraLunaSol