Lord of Azure Flame *sign up/information topic*

Phoenix

After pages of discuss and hours of brain rattling, I've chosen to go with the Ax Cavalier for my character.

----

Name: Luc Altair

Appearance: Luc is six feet tall, weighing in around 186 pounds. He has long blond hair tied into a ponytail and blue eyes. Despite being a horse rider he keeps more than his weapon-arm fit. He wears two distinct sets of clothes, a heavy set of plate mail with dark green underlays, and a more casual, high-class, light green outfit that has a cloak. Both outfits have a symbol, a closed white fist, somewhere on them. Luc always makes sure to keep his left hand gloved, covering up his nearly useless left hand.

Personality: Luc is serious and straightforward about what he wants or thinks. He has little need for humor, though he may secretly laugh inside. He thinks himself clever, and is becoming increasing adept at defending himself with words.

Element: Fire

Class: Ax Cavalier.

Crimson weapon?: No.

Stats: HP: 4 STR: 4(There doesn't seem to be a cap for Cavalier STR in the OP) MAG: 0 SKL: 3 SPD: 4 Luck: 0 Def: 3 Res: 2

Simplified stats: HP: 12 STR: 4 Hit: 3 Evade: 4 DEF/RES: 4/2

Weapons: Halbred(Treated as an ax)

Items/gold:

Skills: Name: Adept

Activation: Roll a 1 on your critical/skill dice.

Effect: Make one additional attack (skills and criticals cannot activate off this attack)

Backstory: Luc's father was a nameless, faceless grunt that fought in the war against the Lord of Azure Flames. Lucky enough to survive the disaster, he returned home and, like so many men did, had a wonderful reuniting with his wife. Nine months later Luc was born. But work was not good for his parents. His father's injuries never fully healed restricting work, and the constant turmoil of recovery made a woman's work perilous at best.

By good fortune his father was approached by an old comrade. The man was gathering displaced veterans from the war in a new city being financed by a wealthy backer. Seeing little choice, the family moved; along with many other veteran families. Life in the new city was fantastic for the new immigrants. The leader of the new city kept things in the land controlled, very controlled. But at the time, few people argued with losing freedoms for safety and work.

The city grew, and Luc grew with it. At his sixteenth birthday he enlisted in the military, seeking to gain the numerous advantages offered by the armed forces service (the city leader had a plan where long-term service granted status of nobility). The training was harsh, brutal and thrilling. Despite nearly having his left hand burned off in his time Luc loved it all.

In the later years of his training, he looked to the horses for his advanced learning. He chose the biggest, baddest horse around for his mount. And did absolutely everything wrong to try and ride him. Luc barely escaped with his life. After listening to the advice of the people who knew what they were doing, Luc carefully learned to ride the horse he selected. It took nearly a year, but the two managed to work out a partnership.

With the horse, Thunder, at his side, Luc took the official ranking test. Scoring high marks all around, Luc was officially instated as a 2nd Lieutenant. It has been seven years sicne he entered service, and Luc has clawed his way up to both a Captain in the city military, and earned the noble rank of Count for his unwavering loyalty to the city.

EDIT: Fixed stats.

Edited by Script

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to have alotted 21 points out of 20, but I like the rest of it. I have no real authority though. Also, I'm not quite sure about earning nobility, especially something like Count, which IIRC is pretty up on the heirachy. Maybe a baron or viscount.

Edit: Oh, maybe the math thing was due to it being a 3+1 in defense, in which case you're fine.

Edited by Balcerzak

Simp stats: Your simplified Str is one lower than your point spread for some reason. And for simplified Def/Res, Luc has 5/2 not 4/3.

You should probably decide what nation this city is in. We're currently in Septimus, so that might be a good choice, unless Luc is traveling for some reason.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Fixed stats.

As for the Count thing, he only recently recieved the title. So he's untested in the position at the moment.

Hm, looking up the rank, it goes something like King Duke Marquess Count Baron. I dunno if Count would be too high or not.

(Also as an aside, cos I'm a jerk: olololol "despite being a rider" ololololol)

Well the other riders he knows are a tad on the pudgier side.

Yes, the city should be in Septimus.

Edited by Script

Ah, doubly excellent, I say. Though since intruding upon the witch-hunt seems a tad awkward, I'll stay out of that mess. For now ho.

I do hope he is competent, Adept at least, should help with my quite inevitable low rolls.

Actually, your stats seem good. Maybe when you level you'll want a Skill and some Luck though to help with Avoid. Other than that, there doesn't seem to be any glaring weaknesses to him.

Luc earned a total of 35(or 40) Experience.

5 for existing

5 for initial damage on Mook: Lance Cav D

10 for attacking Boss: Xenia

10 for killing Mook: Lance Cav D

5(or 10) from damaging/killing Mook: Lance Cav X. (I'm unsure if Luc killed the one Kalas attacked first.)

Luc should have 75 Experience from late joiners bonus right? So he levels.

Pary leveled. And is ready to tank magic like a beast. B)

Old Stats:

HP 3

STR 0

MAG 3

SKL 3

SPD 4

LUK 2

DEF 1

RES 4

Simp Stats

HP 9

MT 4

HIT 3

AS 3

AVO 5

DEF 1

RES 5

New Stats:

HP 3

STR 0

MAG 4

SKL 3

SPD 4

LUK 2

DEF 1

RES 6

Simp Stats

HP 9

MT 4

HIT 3

AS 3

AVO 5

DEF 1

RES 6 (Or is it 8?)

Rita leveled. And finally has the sweetness that is 6 speed, and has dropped the Morph title.

Old Stats:

HP 3

STR 3

MAG 0

SKL 5

SPD 5

LUK 0

DEF 2

RES 2

Simp Stats

HP 9

MT 3

HIT 5

AVO 5

DEF 2

RES 2

New Stats:

HP 3

STR 3

MAG 0

SKL 6

SPD 6

LUK 1

DEF 2

RES 2

Simp Stats

HP 9

MT 3

HIT 6

AVO 7

DEF 2

RES 2

Luc is Level 2 with 15 Experience.

OLD STATS

Stats: HP: 4 STR: 4 MAG: 0 SKL: 3 SPD: 4 Luck: 0 Def: 3 Res: 2

Simplified stats: HP: 12 STR: 4 Hit: 3 Evade: 4 DEF/RES: 4/2

NEW STATS.

Stats: HP: 4 STR: 4MAG: 0 SKL: 4 SPD: 4 Luck: 0 Def: 4 Res: 3

Simplified stats: HP: 12 STR: 4 Hit: 4 Evade: 4 DEF/RES: 5/4

Pary leveled. And is ready to tank magic like a beast. B)

Old Stats:

HP 3

STR 0

MAG 3

SKL 3

SPD 4

LUK 2

DEF 1

RES 4

Simp Stats

HP 9

MT 4

HIT 3

AS 3

AVO 5

DEF 1

RES 5

New Stats:

HP 3

STR 0

MAG 4

SKL 3

SPD 4

LUK 2

DEF 1

RES 6

Simp Stats

HP 9

MT 4

HIT 3

AS 3

AVO 5

DEF 1

RES 6 (Or is it 8?)

Rita leveled. And finally has the sweetness that is 6 speed, and has dropped the Morph title.

Old Stats:

HP 3

STR 3

MAG 0

SKL 5

SPD 5

LUK 0

DEF 2

RES 2

Simp Stats

HP 9

MT 3

HIT 5

AVO 5

DEF 2

RES 2

New Stats:

HP 3

STR 3

MAG 0

SKL 6

SPD 6

LUK 1

DEF 2

RES 2

Simp Stats

HP 9

MT 3

HIT 6

AVO 7

DEF 2

RES 2

Myrmidon's don't have 6 skill IIRC.

Avo would still be 6. Luk rounds down in avo.

Oh, and Conrad levels for doing nothing if the "missed battle" exp is in affect. Lol.

Old stats: HP 4 str 5 skl 2 spd 3 luk 1 def 5 res 0

Simplified stats HP 12 Atk 5 Hit 2 Avo 3 Def/res 6/0

New stats: HP 5 Str 5 Skl 2 Spd 3 Luk 1 Def 5 (6) Res 2

Simplified stats: HP 15 Atk 5 Hit 2 Avo 3 Def/res 6/2

Edited by Lightning

Hold on, I just found out that simplified stats go over cap now, so Conrad's stats will change from 2 res and 5 def (unsimpliefied) to 1 res and 6 def (also unsimplified).