Lord of Azure Flame: Chapter 1: In the Reddest of Nights

Snowy_One

The two wyvern riders from earlier flew down to meet Irina. She and her wyvern were standing beside each other watching the wielders of the crimson weapons talk.

Ivan: Irina! That was dangerous! Don't just run off on your own without a good reason!

Irina: Relax. The bandit didn't even touch me... besides... I was right....

Lev: Right about what?

Irina: If I heard correctly, those people... they have at least a few of the crimson weapons in their possession <_<

Ivan: Them? Well you must've heard wrong! They're just a bunch of kids!

Irina: Here's an idea. I'll go over and ask them. You and your presumptions can stay here and wait ^_^

Ivan: All this time searching for crimson weapons, and you think these kids have them?

Ignoring Ivan, Irina grabbed Kiev's leash and the two walked over to the group.

Lev: And we wait....

Ivan: :facepalm:

When she reached them, she waved.

Irina-mug.gif

Irina: Excuse me. If you don't mind my asking... are those the crimson weapons by any chance?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This little tramp was really starting to irritate Morgan. First the lying, now the running away? Unfortunately, she was rather fast and there was a crowd re-forming.

Morgan had to think quickly. She couldn't allow a Crimson Wielder to escape...

She saw a young boy (or was it a girl, Morgan couldn't quite tell) near the horse Morgan had spotted earlier.

"Sorry." she said hastily as she grabbed the reins of the horse and mounted it.

The mare let out a frightened whinny and nearly bucked Morgan off.

"Shh." she whispered softly in its ear. Flemeth had taught her some basic magic to calm animals, as it was a quite useful skill living in the woods.

Morgan was a clumsy and inexperienced rider, and the mare only managed a strange mix of a trot and a gallop. The horse had its intended effect however, as the townsfolk fled from its awkward charge. She caught the girl fleeing into an alleyway and fired a globe of darkness at her.

(4+4 = 8 - 8 Evade.) (6+6= 12- 0 Res) (1)

Hit. 12 damage.

The darkness hit the girl and sent her crashing to the ground. Unfortunately, attacking caused Morgan to lose focus on the spell entrancing the mare and it promptly bucked her, sending her flying into a pile of hay.

OOC: I guess I'll let you make your Luck roll to stay conscious Nadesico. I'm not going to kill you though, don't worry.

@ Ether Fixed. When Hit= Evd it is a hit right? I assumed the system favors hitting over missing.

Edited by -Cynthia-

OOC:I think Reika has 8 avo,actually,Cynthia...and since when does 27 classify as a kid?Damian is the oldest PC in this RP...

The wyvern Rider's sudden question was unexpected. Damian hadn't even seen her land,but that could be because he had been focused on the battle. Regardless,the girl seemed to know the correct answer already,so there was no reason to hide it now.

"Yes,I hold the lance.What of it?" Damian said it outright. Esphyr seemed dumbfounded at his honest answer,and the wyvern rider almost looked the same.

Before hearing the girl's response,Aiya edged herself between the Wyvern Rider and her Colonel,eyeing the hit on his arm warily.

Edited by Ether

OOC: Eeep she's attacking meh! XD No biggie though since you actually missed.... or did you? Never received comfirmation from Snowy but according to Ether

I'm pretty sure Snowy said that you needed to overcome Evd to hit,so if that's true,we're in the same boat.

So if you rolled a 4, that's 8 and still too low to hit me. (Alternatively however the sign up mentions

If the final total is less than your opponents evade stat (determined by their speed/luck) than your attack will hit.

And technically equal to, is not "less"

Either way I'm just going to say I survived on 1 HP XD *Cheats?*

Letting out a shriek of both surprise and pain Reika fell to the floor wincing, "Damn witch" she muttered expecting a final blow to end it all when the horse bucked throwing her pursuer off her horse. "Now or never" she thought as she launched a counter attack.

Reika Counterattacks (Roll) 5+Hit 5atk 4Crit

(5+3=8-6= 2 Hit)Attack Hit

(5+3=8-0= 8) 8dmg

Morgan has 1Hp left >_<

Reika fell on her backside exhaust and struggling to keep conscious, she'd done her best, if her opponent stood up now she'd be finished. Sensing her opponent prop herself upright she sighed. "Guess this is the end of my miserable life" she muttered to the darkness of the alley.

"I don't really care." said Esphyr, off-put by the notion of shaking the mans hand. "As far as I'm concerned, this sword is a curse upon me. If you want me to go with you, you can probably figure out the rules. Until then, I have a family to support and a sword filled with naught but bad luck. Following this thing's whims seems to be very detrimental to me. Much less would I follow YOU!" she said, pointing her finger square at Daiman's body. "You're weapon isn't exactly nameless... son of heros. Twenty five years your father and his allies have let bandits and demons run amuck across the lands. Meanwhile, everything has fallen to pieces. Look at this town, look at Dairen... It's a small place held together only by the will of it's civilians. They can't even support a guard because your father and his friends refused to help after the war! Help rebuild the land, and maybe I will consider listening to you! Ugggg!" she let loose a loud groan before she turned about, walking away. As she walked away, she thrust her sword into the body of a bandit before she ripped it loose and headed towards the outskirts of town.

When she was a good enough distance away, she dropped her sword to the ground and collapsed to her knees, a relieved look upon her face. "You won't get me today sword... I refuse..." she said in a light sigh. Then, taking out her purse, she undid the strings to check inside. "18 gold coins... About a weeks worth of food for mom and dad... Not enough." she said before pulling it close to her breast. "Not enough... but worth more than anything else."

---

"WHAT?!" With a mighty throw, the leader of the bandits sent a wooden mug crashing into a nearby tree. The mug had been stolen long ago in a prior raid. It had been the cherished heirloom of a small family living on the fringes of the twin kingdoms, only to be taken when the bandits had raided their house. Now, filled with vile grog and serving as the chalice to a violent man, it's lot in life had degraded by far. A fact soon reminded as the man gave a swift kick to the cup, sending it rolling into the woods.

"My men got forced back? By whom? There's only two mercenaries in that entire town and only one of them should even have been a remote threat! Where is Howard? Where is my brother? He was leading the assault himself!"

"W-well... He seems to... have died." stuttered out a messenger. "A thief girl and some lancer were responsible for his death!"

"WHAT?! SUMMON THE RESERVES! TONIGHT WE SWAMP THE TOWN! KILL ANY WOMEN AND PEOPLE WHOM EVEN THINK OF TAKING UP THE LANCE! I WANT THEM GUTTED AND DRAGGED THROUGH THE TOWN AS IT BURNS AROUND THEM AND THE SCREAMS OF THEIR FAMILIES SUNDERS THE NIGHT! I WANT THEM STRUNG UP AND BLASTED BY A THOUSAND DRUIDS UNTIL THE VERY EARTH BENEITH THEM IS STAINED BLACK WITH THE SHADOW MAGIC! A THOUSANDS OWLS SHALL RIP THEM TO SHREADS! I... I... KEYYYYARRRRRRGGGG!!!"

"Understood!" said the messanger, his voice sheepish and subdued. No way was he going to dare defy that man!

OOC: I was referring to this:

the highest evade possible from speed alone is a 6 (meaning your opponent can only hit you if he rolls a 7 or higher, which can only be done via a SKL bonus

Which is in the opening post under the effect of the SPD stat.

OOC: I'm pretty sure that was a typo in Snowy's part, you want your Hit to have more than the Evd not less. I would really think that if Hit=Evd that should be a Hit, because otherwise Evd is way too hax, but w/e. I'm fine with it being a glancing blow.

"Ow!" The thief's knives sunk into Morgan and she saw her life flash before her. However, some dark force held her body together.

"I'm not trying to kill you!" Morgan yelled as she fired another bolt of darkness into her.

(6+ 4= 10-8 = 2) (1+4= 5) (4)

This time the girl fell down. Unfortunately Morgan was bleeding profusely (2 hp remaining, Miracle procced)

OOC: Did you make the roll to stay conscious? I guess you did.

Edited by -Cynthia-

"Right, of course I believe you" she hissed making quick slashes at Morgan who was barely dodging them. "I'd sooner die then be taken prisoner again anyway" she continued, energy flowing through her as she was reminded of what it was like to live like a slave. Not expecting the sudden increase in pace, Reika's daggers dug into their target with a sickening sound.

Reika Counterattacks (again>_>)(Roll) 5+Hit 3atk 6Crit Leave meh alone >_<

(5+3=8-6= 2 Hit)Attack Hit

(3+3=6-0= 6) 6dmg

Morgan has -5Hp left! XD

"Bloody witch" she said, then smiling at how it could have a double meaning. She turned to leave just as a group spotted her and Morgan in the alley. "Damn it" she muttered staggering slowly away, "Simply a bad day" she thought, trying to reassure herself that tomorrow would be a better day. She cursed as one of the men who'd discovered them said something about calling over the Halton soldiers. "Scratch that, just the worst day of my life, at least if I survive today, the worst is over."

Edited by Nadesico

OOC:I think the logic behind it is that 8-8(Or WTV) = 0,which seems more representative of a miss than a hit.

Hearing Esphyr's words,he tried to respond,but the girl had began to walk away already.

Damian told the wyvern rider he would be back soon to talk to her,and followed Esphyr to the outskirts of town.

Aiya heard a commotion as some villagers ran up to her.

"Yeah,a thief attacked that shaman girl,I think she might be dead..."

Thief?! Damian mentioned her,and it looks like Morgan is in trouble too...

Aiya ran to the alley,catching Reika before she managed to slip away.

"Where do you think you are going?" Aiya asked,staring Reika down.

Hearing no immediate response,Aiya continued.

"In your condition,you can't take me on,you know that as well as I do,so just stand down...I don't want to hurt you..."

"So you hate that sword,eh?" Damian asked Esphyr after hearing her words.

She was clearly surprised that he had followed.

"You are right...what good is a soldier who cannot defend the common people...?" Damian began responding to her earlier comment.

"I have not done much for the people out here...none of Halton has...we have been too preoccupied defending ourselves...That is no excuse for allowing these things to happen,but it is all I can say.My father spent his life trying to find the Crimson weapons that had been scattered,so that we could gain the strength to bring the world back to the way it was before this mess."

Damian threw several gold coins to the ground.

"This money was to feed my troops,but I can donate some of it to your cause...not as an attempt to make you join me,but because despite what you may think...I know the curse of these crimson arms...and now that I have seen these tragedies,and the lack of protection,I fully plan to have a care package sent out here when I return to the capital..."

Damian stopped speaking,and turned away from Esphyr.

"That is all I wanted to say...if you want to find me,i will be around here for a while yet,you can find me in town...if you don't want to,that's your choice...I won't put a leash on you,I don't have that right..."

Damian the began to walk back towards the town...

Edited by Ether

"Damn it, would you people just leave me the hell alone?" She shouted in hysterics, Reika had had enough of this damn town, nothing good had happened since she got here, and now she was injured (4HP) and standing infront of a soldier after having murdered some crazy witch. (Murdered in her mind anyway).

Sensing Reika wasn't of sound mind Aiya readied her weapon just in case. "Run along now little puppy, go wag your tail at your superiors and leave me alone." Reika said laughing, despite her labored breathing she seemed in high spirits. "Woof woof" she taunted jeerfully. "Ah screw it, if you're not going to leave me alone might as well make minced puppies... Calamity~!?" she asked the air around her as her weapons changed to a more deadly looking set of daggers.

HP:9 Mt:3+1 HIT:3 EVD:8 DEF/RES: 3/0 (CW Activate)

Hp 4 Mt +4 Hit 4 Evd 4 Def/Res 4/3

Reika attacks Aiya(Roll) 3+Hit 4atk 4Crit Which part of "Leave meh alone >_<" didn't you get? XD

(3+3=6-4= 2 Hit)Attack Hit

(4+4=8-4= 4) 8dmg

Aiya has 4Hp left!

Reika has 3HP left

OoC: Ah poo >_< Was hoping for a double 6 but I guess a double 4 is good. Damn world, not giving me what I wantAh well, just need to hope Aiya roles a 4 or less in hit XD Come on forces of probability, don't let me down now XD + Free for All! *Goes on murderous rampage*

Edited by Nadesico

"Nngh...!" The crimson daggers sent a sharp pain through Aiya's body,and she swung to counter

The silver sword cut through the thief's body,and she fell unconscious immediately,having been nearly knocked out by Morgan already.

Aiya then quickly restrained the girl,she seemed she could be dangerous if left alone.

Combat Phase start.

Aiya Counterattacks!(5,4,1)

Hit: 4+5-9=1, Hit!

Damage: 4 4 = 8 - 3 = 5 Damage!

Reika fell unconscious!

Biting back her wound,Aiya picked up Morgan,and gave her a swig of one of her vulneraries,rubbing her throat so it would go down.Seeing her wake up,Aiya felt relieved and limped back to the main part of town to see a cleric or doctor...

Edited by Ether

OOC: We should really decide if people heal in between combats or not, I assuemd we didn't I think Nadesico assumed we did (I wouldn't be unconscious otherwise). I don't mind for this combat, but it's important for the future.

I think I'll just wait for someone to revive me with a Vulenary and everything will work out.

Edited by -Cynthia-

OoC: Damn it probability! Guess I'll be quiet for awhile now then since there's not much a restrained unconscious character can do XD

Nyeh, well I took a look at the stuff Ether said, and it's in there, and Snowy hasn't said anything in past posts when Hit=Evd has missed. And while I don't understand this WTA WTD WTF business if you think of Hit as accuracy. Accuracy-Evade=0 Would logically be a no hit. (Though I agree it is a bit "hax")

That's my excuse now, but I wasn't sure what a "glancing blow" was. Probably should have looked it up then, opposed to now Ah well it's not like either one of us died, and it's a bit late for me to make corrections now. Just wake your character up, use a fictitious vulnerary. And be on your merry way, Now I have Aiya, Morgan and Damian against me! XD Think that covers the overly active people, next stop Mike Irina and Esphyr XD

If you're talking about the damage from the bandits, then Morgan likewise healed (Wasn't she on 1HP with an axe in her shoulder or something?) But I also wonder, I've asked in feedback (or was it signup?), "Once you've rested is fine, but what constitutes a rest? Sitting down in the shade for a few minutes? Overnight sleep? Standing around greeting people could be considered resting from battle

I demand answers Snowy! XD

Edited by Nadesico

OOC: Aiya never got hit against the bandits,actually.Provided you were referring to me anyway.

I revived you Cynthia,so we can actually continue.

Edited by Ether

OOC; I consider rest overnight sleep not just a sit-down.

Morgan woke up groggily in the arms of a red-haired woman. She felt a searing pain in her stomach, that little tramp shanked her very hard.

Morgan looked around frantically for Reika, and saw her tied up nearby. She released herself from Aiya's grasp and went over to the tied up girl. She searched her body and relieved her of her daggers, vulenaries, and all coins.

"This should be useful later" Morgan said with a half-conscious smile.

"Ugh!" Morgan doubled over. "I can't walk..."

Edited by -Cynthia-

"Calm down,Morgan." Aiya said,the pain in her torso starting to get to her.

Nngh...this wound is a lot worse than I thought...

Aiya took a swig of the Vulnerary herself,and handed the last of the bottle to Morgan.

"Here...take this." passed the last third of the bottle to Morgan,and continued.

"Y'know,I shouldn't condone thieving from her,but she has stolen from many,I can tell...and she's dangerous..."

OOC: Aiya's first Vulnerary is used up,she has one full vulnerary remaining.

OoC: Umm I'm going to assume that the sword didn't cut "through" my body, else I'm guaranteed to die if left in this state, if I hadn't already died on impact. Last I checked humans can't live when their body is split into two through the middle.

(See how quick we revive! XD)

Reika stirred a bit at the feeling of being searched. And with it came the of being severely injured. "If it's a man touching me there I'll bite his hand off right now" she thought as someone removed the vulneraries from beneath her shirt. Someone's voice in the distance said something about "thieving" and that made her realise that she was being robbed. Snapping her eyes open she looked around and saw a red haired soldier and the woman who had attacked her with magic. "Heh" she smirked immediately regretting her action as pain coursed her body. To think she would be on the side being robbed. Realising moving or talking would only hurt her, she remained restrained glaring at the pair.

OOC:I think Reika has 8 avo,actually,Cynthia...and since when does 27 classify as a kid?Damian is the oldest PC in this RP...

The wyvern Rider's sudden question was unexpected. Damian hadn't even seen her land,but that could be because he had been focused on the battle. Regardless,the girl seemed to know the correct answer already,so there was no reason to hide it now.

"Yes,I hold the lance.What of it?" Damian said it outright. Esphyr seemed dumbfounded at his honest answer,and the wyvern rider almost looked the same.

Before hearing the girl's response,Aiya edged herself between the Wyvern Rider and her Colonel,eyeing the hit on his arm warily.

Kiev sat down on the ground and started scratching his face. Irina leaned up against the wyvern and crossed her arms.

Irina: So those really are the crimson weapons. I... needed to know... but my Uncle never told me what I was supposed to do when I...

Ivan and Lev road their wyverns over and dismounted next to Irina and Kiev.

Ivan: So I was right wasn't I? No crimson weapons here!

Irina: Take another look, Ivan... <_<

Ivan stared at Damian and his lance. Then he looked past Damian to the others and noticed a few unusually powerful weapons, including a eerie tome.

Ivan: So what?! Some blades are gray, some blades are red. I see no distinct shade of crimson! And since when do powerful weapons fall into the hands of children?

Irina: >_<

Agitated, Irina decided to have them split up.

Irina: Okay, these are some of the crimson weapons. That's a fact, but I don't know what my Uncle wanted with them. He probably assumed I'd just bring them back with me.

Ivan: If that's true, let's just take them. Hand them over!

Irina: Don't be stupid, Ivan! They're not our enemies! Just go back and tell my Uncle that I'm keeping an eye on the crimson weapons. That will be fine for now.

Lev: Good idea. Magic wielders and Nomads are not my favorite combatants anyhow. Come on, Ivan. Let's leave this to Irina. It is her job after all.

Ivan: Oi... this is bad idea. Very bad idea. Don't get dead, Irina.

Irina: Same goes for you two. Fly safe ^_^

Ivan and Lev quickly hopped onto their wyverns and took off kicking up a lot of dust on their way up!

Irina: "Let's just take them!" Ivan's always like that. Don't take him too seriously :unsure:

"It's a prudent decision to disarm someone so good at stabbing, it is not? And if she continues to be obstinate, we'll make better use of her money than she will."

After relieving her of her possessions, Morgan noticed the girl glaring back.

"Now then, I don't see why we can't be friends." Morgan put on a fake smile. "Tell me your name girl." Morgan grabbed the girl's cheek and pinched it very hard.

Reika winced in pain but managed to hold back a scream. Fighting back tears of pain she kept her mouth firmly closed and continued to glare at the woman. She wasn't going to give into Halton scum, not this time, not ever again. Glaring at the girl she noticed that the wounds she'd inflicted hadn't healed completely yet. If she got out of this mess alive she'd make them pay, though more likely she'd just be killed here and now and never get her revenge. Death didn't scare her, and if anything it couldn't be worse then the excruciating pain.

This certainly was a rebellious little thing wasn't she? Morgan released the girl's cheek and pondered what to do...

Morgan pulled out the coinpurse she had just received and attempted to barter with the girl.

"If you're a good girl, I'll give you your money back. It would be a shame to be so poor." Morgan didn't really understand the concept of money very well, but that seemed to be what other people were after most of the time.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Not appreciating being treated like a 5 year old Reika just continued to glare, she'd sooner be dead then be subdued by a solider and their lackeys. She just needed a chance, something that unpredictable. But what? Deciding that her best course of action would be to wait, she simply glared at the girl. How could this shaman think she'd bite if they took her money hostage? They were essentially nothing more then material goods, and while it's be bothersome she could just take what she had lost from others anyway.

(OoC: Don't bother tempting her, I won't bite even if you threaten to lop of her head cause I know you can't XDWhile it's tempting I'm going to wait awhile for Mike, Kelas or even Helios and Irina to get something in.)They won't save me, but they might want to have a say in the matter, eg:Kelas: "Where's my f'ing horse?" XD

Edited by Nadesico

"Hmph. What's he know about anything." grumbled Esphyr to herself as she sat upon the earth. With a deft motion, she grabbed her sword from the ground and brought it about to rest it on her lap. With a calloused glance, she looked down at the sword. Then, with a sudden outburst of rage, she picked the blade up and tossed it aside. "Go away from me! I don't want you! Why do you plague me?" Then she took a slow look down at her own hands. "Why do you plague me?"

Then, with a heavy sigh, she rose up and retrieved her sword. Turning back, she returned to the town to find Daiman.

"The terms of my service are that I will serve you and upon completion of my service you will take away this damned sword from me. Agree."

After speaking with several townspeople and helping to carry and treat to wounded civilians, Michael returned to where he had left Aiya and Damian in the alley, wiping his brow with his forearm.

It seemed much had happened while he was away. Damian and Esphyr were nowhere to be seen, Morgan was wounded and hardly able to stand, Aiya was also treating a sizable laceration, and the girl he had seen attack the bandit leader earlier was constrained unceremoniously on the ground.

"What's going on here?" he inquired loudly as he approached, sword in hand.