Lord of Azure Flame: Chapter 1: In the Reddest of Nights

Snowy_One

Esphyr looked down at Morgan, then up to look downwind towards the burning town. "Yea... I'm... I'm surprised too. Listen; I know this is going to sound odd coming from me... But you guys need to get down there and put that fire out! I'll stay here and tend to Morgan until you can find a proper doctor."

With that, she mentally zoned the sound of the flames and the smell of smoke from her mind as she returned her attention to Morgan.

"You're lucky I'm not the kind to leave a dying person behind." she said simply. "We don't have a medic though... Are there any spells you know to heal yourself? Or any staff users around?"

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: 21 is still young, and I(Nadesico) might call him a youth, but Reika addressed him as "Mister" :/ So I don't see an issue.

"Don't tell me what to do" she snapped a bit irritated, "Even if these people were harassing other people I don't see why you lot were in town anyway, as I recall the Halton soldiers were asked to leave" she paused "So why are they wandering around within the town protecting people?".

"I'm being used?" by who? The townspeople? Are you telling me they set their own town of fire beyond repair just to make me loathe you scummy Halton dogs?"

"As for your wound?" she said laughing, "You get your derriere kicked by a few measley soldiers, it wouldn't surprise me if you attacked the kids first and got hurt when they retaliated."

Reika looked at the man angrily, he clearly had no idea what he was talking about, and the threat of it not ending well didn't please her at all. She might not be able to take on soldiers, mercenaries or cavalary, but she could take care of one measely mage, easy.

Edited by Nadesico

OOC: Oh noes the poor defenseless orphans--with axes?

Morgan sighed "No, healing spells aren't really the specialty of shamans. There are ways to restore one's life, but they tend to involve hurting others, and I'm not seeing any viable targets right now."

She thought to events earlier in the day, before being knocked unconscious not nce but twice. "I believe there was a cleric within Darien somewhere. If the church hasn't burned down, he might still be alive."

"What would you do" Helios asked. "We could have left the village and let everyone die". "Then we would be just as terrible as the Bandits". "We were mad that they kicked us out but still they are just people". "They just sway to the direction of the wind". "When i was in the forest i saw you with the bandits". "You may think they care for you but in the end they will abandon you". "If they truly were orphans then why did they attack". "You need to know who to trust". "The person who told you this is obviously lying". "But im not". "Look into my eyes and tell me if im lying".

Esphyr bit her lip at the notion of the priest being within Darien. Though medical attention was badly needed for the wounded woman, to leave her lying out in the open was almost as good as a death sentence. Yet, if she did nothing, Morgan would most certain either die or be horribly disfigured due to a lack of proper healing. She didn't know what to do at all. It was too hard, too confusing. If she went to try and get help, her luck would indicate that that Morgan would be abducted. Yet if she stayed, the town would burn and the cleric would die.

"Morgan... How... How much do you trust your luck and our... allies?"

" I don't really believe in luck." Morgan said bluntly. " It's not that I am not confident in their skills, but I do not know them very well, some almost not at all, and so I do not quite trust them truly."

She noticed the displeased expression on Esphyr's face. "If you do not wish to return to Darien, there is another way. If you or someone else can knock someone, perhaps a bandit, unconscious and bring it to me, I should be able to drain enough life force to restore myself."

Edited by -Cynthia-

"..."

For a moment, Esphyr looked at Morgan. Neither judging or wondering, but more... questioning. Tales of beings whom held, within their grasp, the ability to siphon the life from a living creature. Tales of dragons as vile and rotten as the black dragoness Helenos whom feasted off the decay of the living beings were not unknown to Esphyr. Was Morgan seriously going to try such a magical power that had almost certainly been condemned by any mage school to save herself.

At the same time, there was no way Esphyr would think of condemning someone to death just like that.

"How much do you need?"

OOC: Kai, please be more careful with what you say, you say "You saw me" but since that isn't possible for anyone other then Rayton who I threw my Crimson weapon at XD, I really don't think it appropriate, the bandits did attack you, and I was told to stay behind the bandit leader, and didn't participate in the battle whatsoever. Probably meaning I didn't show myself in the supposed "bandit attack". And I'm not going to nod me head and agree if you say you saw me before that, since you were busy running back and forth between a ruin, Darien and Halton Camp.

I'd also like to point out that the "Orphans" only refer to the 3 bandits headed for town with torches, opposed to the entire bandit group who attacked the camp >_>

Reika snapped, if there was one word she despised it was "trust", her family had trusted the Haltonians (see profile) who had offered them help, she had trusted in her family and they had tried to sell her away. She was even sure that her brother had died due to someone in their group ratting them out.

"Your eyes speak of lies deceit and betrayal, just like every other pair of lies in existence" she spat starting to get really irritated now. "You're clearly not very smart, the question is not should you have helped, but how you knew them to be bandits." You're telling me, despite being attacked by bandits, you had the time and people to spare to send someone over to town just to check if a few torches belonged to bandits?"

Reika looked as if she were ready to attack Helios at any moment now.

Rayton drew an arrow as he turned away from Esphyr and Morgan, so he'd be able to launch a quick attack if ambushed. "Alright then. I'll try to get some medical help. Just...hang in there until I return."

After he ran a little distance he turned to the two again, taking one last look before heading towards the village. He felt a slight pang of guilt, followed by a surge of rage as he ran. ...I could have done something about this, I know it. Well I still can. I'll get help and take out anyone that stands in my way...

Morgan looked at Esphyr. The young woman's face was full of hesitation.

"One full sized person should do it. The magic will...consume them entirely."

Esphyr's eyes widened in alarm.

"Well it doesn't have to be a child or a person of pure heart or anything you may have heard about dark magic. It is more about the pure vitality I would be sapping from them. The only real requisite is that they have to be alive before I cast the spell."

Edited by -Cynthia-

"Right..." said Esphyr as her eyes did indeed widen in alarm. "I think... not. I was going to offer you a bit of my energy, but... No. Just no. If I were you, I would pray that my vulnerary keeps Death's scythe away from your neck for a little while longer. Speaking of which..."

Esphyr took out her vulnerary once again and kneeled down beside Morgan. Vulneraries were not potions meant for proper healing, and even with the pressure Esphyr had applied before, the blood within Morgan's body had started to flow once again, and with it, the scab that had formed quickly and weakly had already started to wear through. With a steady hand, Esphyr reapplied the potion to any spots that seemed to have worn too thin, renewing the scab upon them.

"Right... This isn't going to work for too much longer."

Esphyr carefully slid her hands under the body of the wounded Shaman, lifting her up and off the ground with extra attention being paid so as to not jostle her or open her wound.

"We need to get you to a... well... not a battlefield for starters."

OOC: No, I will not be stealing people's mounts all the time, just a coincidence.

"You probably won't hear me say this ever again, but I could reallly use a cleric right now." Morgan winced. "You should have your hands free in case we encounter bandits. Irina, could you put me on your wyvern's back?"

Irina nodded and helped lift Morgan onto Kiev's back. Kiev bristled at the unfamilar person, but Irina stroked him to calm him down.

"Let's go to church." Morgan groaned "Probably something else I will once again, never say."

OOC: I had to make up something. I know your in leagues with the bandits but story wise Helios doesnt.

"You know what" said Helios. "You win". (Levin/Sigurd moment) "We should have spared the life of the ones trying to escape". "We should have let them escape". "We caused unnecessary bloodshed". "Your also right when you said when you said that we should have sent a messenger". He looked up. "I spent to much time here". "Guess it wasnt a total waste. "I should be going now". "But head my warning". "If your too weak it will consume you". "Do you know what makes the crimson weapons so powerful" he said pointing at her dagger. "A demon was trapped inside the weapon". "Whatever you do in a dire situation do not let the demon take control". "Before i leave i have one more question". "What do you fight for"? "You seem to have lost a lot and the Halton soldiers seem to the one's you want to blame for it". "Why"?

"Crimson weapon? Hah, yeah those shoddy rumors, I didn't know anyone was foolish enough to believe in them" she said with a snort, sure her weapons were unsual, but demon? Come on. "I have no reason to answer your question or believe your lies" she stated simply, "Plus, how would you know anything anyway? From the looks of you, you're just some mercenary wandering around for some loose change, or perhaps you're a bard looking to impress me with your stories of these mythical weapons?"

The stray villagers who had stayed behind had all disappeared now, the entire town was aflame, hundreds dead, and here they were talking about her weapon. They might have been able to save some people escape, but the thought had never crossed Reika's mind. Her goal was to kill those Halton dogs, and if this scrawny looking man was siding with her enemies, she figured she may as well kill him now and save herself the trouble later.

"I assure you i joined up with those Halton soldiers so i can meet up with a person". "I am also the prince of the kingdom of Tora that was destroyed not to long ago". "You have every right not to believe me" he said. "Well its hopeless trying to get you to join us". "I just want to know why you hate the Halton soldiers so much". "Heck if you want i could pass a messege to Damian".

"Right, and I'm the Queen of Elysimma" Reika snorted, from what she had heard Tora and it's royal family had been destroyed more then 25 years ago, just like most other kingdoms, for this man to be prince, one of the royals would have needed to survive and give birth to him, and from what she had gathered, the demon lord been pretty thorough in his attempt to genocide the rulers of each kingdom and their relatives.

"One of these days, Halton will crumble, just like it should have many years ago, and to hasten that process I'm willing to do anything" Reika paused "I guess it can't hurt telling you she said slowly, "Haltonians are tyrants who have enslaved many cities around the continent, why? So they can maintain their wealth and power while the rest of us have our cities turned into slave camps. Darien is a prime example of what will happen to those that don't comply." she said indicating around her.

Helios looked as if he wanted to object but Reika didn't give him the chance, "Didn't think there was any point in telling you, ah well and now that I've told you, you can disapppear now."

Reika HP:9 STR:3 HIT: 3 EVD:9 DEF/RES: 3/0

Kai: HP: 9 MAG: 3 Hit: 3 Evade: 6 DEF/RES 1/3

Reika attacks (Rolls 4skl 5atk 4crit)

5+3-6=2 (Attack hit)

5+3-1=7 (7dmg)

Helios has 2 HP lleft.

Edited by Nadesico

OOC: You attack and crit have to be the same

"Dammit" he said looking at his wound He took out Hellsety

Helios counterattacks (6,3,3)

Damn

Edited by Kai

OOC Unless Snowy's revamped the battle system, you've lost me,

-Why does my attack and Crit have to be the same? I'm not crit'ing you, just normally attacking you?

-Secondly you kind of forgot to calculate skill/accuracy :/ In which case it's impossible for you to kill me XD

Reika HP:9 STR:3 HIT: 3 EVD:9 DEF/RES: 3/0

Kai: HP: 2 MAG: 3 Hit: 3 Evade: 6 DEF/RES 1/3

Reika attacks (Rolls 4skl 4atk 1crit)

4+3-6=1 (Attack hit)

4+3-1=6 (7dmg)

Helios is dead.

(Unless of course you can point me to were it says PvP no longer require accuracy)

OOC: He rolled a 6 and has more than 2 Skl, therefore hit. I think he meant that your attack and crit roll have to be the same for it to be a crit, not sure why he said that.

I think Snowy needs to retcon and say hit when Hit=Evd it's a hit. The fact that we have to have max Skl and roll a 6 just to hit you is broken.

Edited by -Cynthia-

:facepalm: Yeah i see i thought that your hit roll has to be higher then your opponents

You win

But then again everyone was using the same system and i'm sure snowy might consider letting it slide

Edited by Kai

OoC: Actually, on second thought I think I'm going to pretend that attack hit and Reika got defeated, I'm going to stick with the RP, but am not going to participate in anymore battles until the system is somehow improved. And it sort of works better for me if I lose. (Plus, if Helios walks away here he can meet up with the rest of the group at the burning chapel XD

Chapter END XD

No not yet

The system is kind of messed up

But i really think that you have to hit equal to or higher then the person's evade to hit

For Rieka's sake too because everyone has a good chance at hitting her then

Continue this in Feedback?

I have a feeling she's working on a rant post :mellow:

Edited by Kai