Lord of Azure Flame: Chat

Snowy_One

God damn it Phoenix, stop referring everything to Vegas, we might be in the RP equivalent to Vegas, but we're not in Vegas >_< low moral'd scum!~:P

I'm kind of irritated at the big event thing in general, some characters seem to slowly reveal themselves and develop a friendship while others just dump a post filled with interactions showing they got closer and cite it as a reason for support. Should have developed a relationship before the dump post.

@Snike: I think there was one on 2HP still somewhere, nab it if you want.

Edited by Kanami

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

I think so yeah.

Romance obviously involves some sort of bond though, you can't just throw out possible supports since they have a romantic element to them.

The thing is Ether's posts had a lot of significant developments, at least by my standards. I still don't mind Damian/Esphyr C, it's the A Aiya that's problematic.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Some of us Ether/Kai are under the impression that we'll be facing the demon king and ending the story around chapter 12 or something and want to max out their characters XD

It died a bloody death.

If we stagger supports to like 3 combat chapters a level, might that fix it? Also, downgrade the support level for Damian and Aiya. Auto-B was way too early.

Edited by Snike

With the Esphyr/Damian I think it's developed, but I'd think the Aiya/Damian idea has developed more and listing them both as C's seem a bit awkward.

According to the current system we might be facing the demon king at chapter 12, Damian and Aiya are probably around the half way mark on level 3, and I think Max level was 4?

Anti-Ether's support coalition unite! XD

Edited by Kanami

Demon King... Chapter 12... *eye twitches*

I meant put it to a B, now.

I have a question I think could be best answered here. Sorry if it's just a problem.

If I was interested in joining the RP, would that be possible? Or no since it's already progressed pretty far?

Regarding supports, Statistically it unbalances the RP. I say either scrap it, or severely limit it. Stacking should be gone, to say the least.

I severely disagree with the notion that stacking should disappear. The precedent in the games is clear that the only issue with having multiple partners for bonuses is trying to stay nearby them.

I do agree that there could probably do with some tweaking on the mechanic as a whole, and will do some brainstorming on the matter a little later. My investigations will most likely involve playing around with different rounding options, and slightly different fractional values. Because quite frankly, the fact that stats go from 1-4 means a +1 boost is a huge relative contribution, +2 is ridiculous. That would be like if Alan/Lance were giving each other +6~ bonuses to might (assuming ~level 12ish).

I have a question I think could be best answered here. Sorry if it's just a problem.

If I was interested in joining the RP, would that be possible? Or no since it's already progressed pretty far?

No problem, I would guess. I joined two chapters back. It's up to Snowy, though.

Yes! Join! Phoenix will give you lots of kisses and hugs if you do XD

Seriously though, there's a sign-up thread here

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=19561

Read the information on the first page to put in an application, and it should be accepted pretty quickly. We're dealing with dead bandits at the moment, so you might have to wait a day or two before actually joining, but it's never too late to join ;)

New Rp'ers are better then one Rp'er having 3 characters

Edited by Kanami

EDIT: Ninja'd by Cuddles -_-

@ Cuddles

I do not give kisses and hugs to guys ... especially not for joining the rp. That's less kills for me.

Edited by Phoenix

I was thinking of posting there, I was just worried there was some rule or something. I'll probably finalize my char and let you guys wrap stuff up then start in the morning.

Weapons don't really make a difference, so a Silver Blade isn't any different from an Iron sword. So choose whatever weapon you want, doesn't even need to be FE. Though I'm guessing they'd prefer you stuck to either a sword/lance/axe/bow, or a type of magic.

Edited by Kanami

Two seconds too late XD I'm considering being mean to Snowy for disappearing on us so frequently today and making Reika's abduction to be someone else magic (Not Headmasters) :/ Ah well I have another twelve hours to make up my mind :/

EDIT

@Snike: Sorry about that forced stabbing :P The alternative was I attack you and role dice, but I figure you wouldn't survive that, and I figured it went well with Erics misfortune thing you have going. (Go figure she goes for Eric instead of anyone else, though there was an actual reason for going after Eric, he was standing by himself, while the others I'm pretty sure are standing around in groups)

Edited by Kanami

@Snike: Sorry about that forced stabbing :P The alternative was I attack you and role dice, but I figure you wouldn't survive that, and I figured it went well with Erics misfortune thing you have going. (Go figure she goes for Eric instead of anyone else, though there was an actual reason for going after Eric, he was standing by himself, while the others I'm pretty sure are standing around in groups)

Yeah, I didn't want a bit of stat scuffle there, either. Didn't mind it at all, as A) it made sense, and B] it reinforces his misfortune.

@ SummonerProbably yeah.@ CharacterI have a feeling you'll be getting along with a certain Dark Druid quite well. Morgan I'm not so sure about as she tends to come at people for very specific reasons that aren't always obvious.@ OverallNice to have another person in on this! We'll make ya famous round here!EDIT:One more thing. The crimson weapons aren't actually ancient. They were created by one of the heroes. Other than that, seems good, other than the overuse of the term mage :D

I'm unsure how summons would end up working though, but cool. I know the thing bout the weapons, but it makes the thing sound better, and well 25 years is a bit of time. Plus saying Shaman made the wording sound a bit weird.

Mage this, mage that, here a mage, there a mage, everywhere a mage mage

Just thought I'd mention that Nosferatu most likely won't have it's special side properties even if you do use it, and weapons don't break so it's pretty pointless having two weapons.

I can see murmuring happening already

Person: He wants to study the crimson weapons? Should we let him join?

Morgan: No! We have enough people already, and the crimson weapons are all mine.

Ixion: Correction, they're mine

Cess: Make way for the new guy they're mine now.

Kamilla: Tessa, Tessa, why are all shamans crazy? XD

Edited by Kanami

Summoning wouldn't be hard to implement. I'd worry about becoming a summoner first. You've gotta beat out Ether for exp first. Good luck.

I'm hoping we get a knight at some point. I would have done it, but the idea of two male characters bothers me, and I'm not making an Amelia or a Wendy. Hell no!

Mage this, mage that, here a mage, there a mage, everywhere a mage mageJust thought I'd mention that Nosferatu most likely won't have it's special side properties even if you do use it, and weapons don't break so it's pretty pointless having two weapons. I can see murmuring happening alreadyPerson: He wants to study the crimson weapons? Should we let him join?Morgan: No! We have enough people already, and the crimson weapons are all mine.Ixion: Correction, they're mineCess: Make way for the new guy they're mine now.Kamilla: Tessa, Tessa, why are all shamans crazy? XD

You don't know, I might be able to sense where they are, you guys don't have em all. Or I might give you guys the last few. I could stalk you for them, or like trick her to trading it for some useless sword and you have to get it back. (Unlikely I know, I'm just thinking of excuses for it.)