Lord of Azure Flame: Chat

Snowy_One

How the f*ck have I lasted this long?! :o

*Sigh* Well the long "Dear Phoenix" letters are reaching an end :(

Only thing I can say that actually have any relevance in the last one are

-Nady's NPC's: Yeah, but 99% of the time they end up dead by the end of the chapter, while named characters that keep coming back are expected to be more developed and interesting. Something I think you can't accomplish too well, not because of skill but attention restraints. I think the only NPC's I have still alive are the innkeeper/Matron from the border town and Sabla if she counts (She's not coming back) My NPCs can die, it's just unlikely. They don't cause enough trouble to attract Death. Don't worry about management. I aim to prove you all wrong in that regard.

-In character/Out of character.

You're going to have to give up "In character" for "Makes sense" since there's no way you're convincing me to not cause trouble when you're acting out your characters to be idiots (Military hardhead or whatever). I'm not saying make Isotov round around giving people free hugs like Cess seems to be doing but at least acknowledge characters he doesn't like (Eg Kamilla stating a bandit is alive I know he was in no position to react but as an example) Since I think we're in agreement when I echo your comment earlier and say "I don't want this turning into a support whoring competition" Kamilla and Helios might be extreme examples but whatever, if Helios warned you that Irina was injured you wouldn't just ignore him outright, surely

Edit: As for Viveka, I thought she was supposed to be able to keep a leveled head and assess the situation calmly, being a tactician and all :/ She normally would, but she's getting emotionally attached to the situation because nearly half of the battalion got wasted over group of ... wandering fools? Every time the group shows up, something goes wrong and that was making her too nervous to handle the situation with the confidence she'd normally express. That's why she's so desperate to take them to Conrad. She doesn't want to battle them and half all of Ilyphina possibly crumble down around her ears.

I would say Helios underwent character development: kindly loner noble--->arrogance--->complete jerkass, but that would be giving Kai too much credit.

If you're running out of things to bitch about Nady, there's always Iso/Katie.

I think Phoenix has issues making levelheaded characters. Well, Ixion is, but he also just OP magics his way through everything so he never undergoes much stress.

I try to account for stress and emotional bs that effect the decisions people make. If everything they do is based on logic or even what I would do then they're being portrayed the wrong way.

@ Ixion

The switcharoo was him curving his own boredom(self serving exercise). The incident with Viv was him keeping the group from killing anymore soldiers which they would have clearly done. He abuses magic, but the super mind wipe is something he would never do under normal circumstances. In fact, he was a bit pissed off afterward.

@ Bal

I feel your pain ... and you've only got one character to post about :facepalm:

Edited by Phoenix

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

@Psych, Morgan left the to fetch Chase around midnight I think, (Needs to check) so I doubt it's still that early, the group slept through the day, but as Phoenix mentioned most of you have had nothing to eat. (Kamilla can organize her own food, and Eric might still have the lunchbox I handed him as we left Istample.

Priority = Food

Sleep/Rest might also be a good idea for the injured.

Cause if you people aren't going to go to sleep, Kamilla's coming out of her room and being..... a 5 year old again.

@Phoenix

Could be just me, but it feels like your tacking on excuses to things you'd missed. Because looking at your responses so far, it seems you predicted everything I was going to poke at yet still went ahead with it.

I could tack on "Reika didn't want to join the group cause he resembled a noble she knew in her childhood"

It perfectly plausible, but it's something I just thought of then.

You can't Cuddleproof your characters and have them continue to be emotional wretches or brick brain girls. And not expect me to flamethrower them. :/

@Phoenix

Could be just me, but it feels like your tacking on excuses to things you'd missed. Because looking at your responses so far, it seems you predicted everything I was going to poke at yet still went ahead with it.

I could tack on "Reika didn't want to join the group cause he resembled a noble she knew in her childhood"

It perfectly plausible, but it's something I just thought of then.

You can't Cuddleproof your characters and have them continue to be emotional wretches or brick brain girls. And not expect me to flamethrower them. :/

Sometimes my excuses are thought up in advance, sometimes they're thought up on the spot. Either way, an excuse is an excuse.

I should stop listening to certain girly songs while I rp maybe? :unsure:

@ Cascada

She's ... actually pretty good.

I've been spamming Torn(by Natalie Imbruglia) for a couple of years now in my insanity :lol:

@ Fail

Hitting the preview button is becoming a habit for me, especially when Cynthia is on and nearby. The Stephanie scene has probably cemented this habit.

@ Kai

LMAO!!!

This journey Helios is taking is hilarious. I even have a title for it.

Helios

The Winds of Redemption

By Kai-sama

Edited by Phoenix

List of crazy (and questionably possible) shit Clockwork needs to do or see over the course of the RP:

-Have a character reach 13 luck, just so that they can't fail a saving roll

-Post while ears are stuffed with Cascada

- " " " " " " Caramelldansen

-Have Kelas get drunk

-There was another thing, but I forgot it.

List of crazy (and questionably possible) shit Clockwork needs to do or see over the course of the RP:

-Have Kelas get drunk

-Have Arrin kiss Tessa

Fix'd.

OOC: Morgan's such a bitch >_< XD

Why can't you be in character like that? XD Then I wouldn't be complaining so much :P

Since Helios is whining about 5 year old Kamilla, who better then Helios to satisfy my boredom of being left out of the RP for so long

-Have Kelas get drunk

-Have Arrin kiss Tessa

-Pick a fight with Morgan

Added my personal want

Edited by Kanami

:huh: Is Kelas getting drunk really that insane? Unless you're talking about her being drunk on love

Is that like being high on life? Though I don't really know where I was going with knowing Irina, unless you want us to have been like neighbors or something.

Cess could really just think she looks like someone he knows.

People tend to just take Morgan's bluntness as opposed to earlier chapters.

Morgan: Your opinion doesn't matter, you're just that idiot's lapdog.

Mark: You're right.

Why can't you be in character like that? XD Then I wouldn't be complaining so much :P

I'll consider it.

Is that like being high on life? Though I don't really know where I was going with knowing Irina, unless you want us to have been like neighbors or something.

I don't know. Let's get some more opinions. Retconning might be an issue.

Cess could really just think she looks like someone he knows.

People tend to just take Morgan's bluntness as opposed to earlier chapters.

Morgan: Your opinion doesn't matter, you're just that idiot's lapdog.

Mark: You're right.

@ Cess/Irina

Or that.

@ Morgan and Mark

XD XD XD

Go figure, everyone goes to sleep as soon as I wake Kamilla up XD

Ah well, nighty night Bal.

@Lacuna: Thank you for saving me from Kai, <_< *Mental note, never interact with that guy again, that's the third time*

@Cynthia: Figured I might as well address the question today :P

Kids tend to wake up at the wrong time.

And yes, I read the part about roommates, Morgan's locking Kamilla out anyway (Morgan gets a little crankier without enough sleep, not like she's really pleasant...ever).

I can't believe a female managed to piss off Stephanie that easily! XD

Then she locks Kamilla out in the hallways! XD

Meanwhile, Ixion's making a new something? :/

@Cynthia: I couldn't have asked for anything more <3

@Phoenix: If you were having a character support building moment I laugh at you It's not my fault, Cynthia dragged me there, and I'm "Acting in character" Falls off her chair in a fit of laughter*