• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

Phoenix, you complain about people using OOC knowledge to do things, but if Snowy does something you abandon in character knowledge at a moment's notice.

I didn't say I was perfect. Besides, Irina attacking Helenos while she's being mauled by zombies is only slightly out of character. Now she's a rescue unit tending to some people.

EDIT:

@ Katie

:wtf: ... ... ... XD

Edited by Phoenix

EDIT:

@ Katie

:wtf: ... ... ... XD

Not to be a bitch here, but causing 15 damage (more than anyone can do without a crit) to multiple targets without having to roll to hit obviously supercedes the ability of any other PC by a significant amount.

Which is why she's a NPC.

Katie travels with the group on a permanent basis, is allied with them, and can form supports and such. She's much more of a PC than an NPC.

Also, logic. If Katie just learned hexes that can do more damage than fireballs, why can't Morgan or Cess do it?

@ Cynthia You had to have seen this coming in some form

Did you not listen to like half the fortunes I gave....

Katie travels with the group on a permanent basis, is allied with them, and can form supports and such. She's much more of a PC than an NPC.

Also, logic. If Katie just learned hexes that can do more damage than fireballs, why can't Morgan or Cess do it?

I'm guessing Alchemy is different from Dark magic.

Edited by psychout50

Because she didn't do a hex. She failed both a alchemy spell and a hex in a very specific way to cause the explosion. She used up her entire tome and likely spent the entire fight from the moment it was clear Helen had betrayed them setting it up.

Basically, she intentionally failed a despell on a tome full of explosive rune spells after spending days working on it and being only able to use it under certain conditions for a D&D equivalent.

Did you not listen to like half the fortunes I gave....

It's not as if I didn't anticipate this coming, but it would have been a premature complaint at the time.

I'm guessing Alchemy is different from Dark magic.

Explosive Runes doesn't seem like alchemy to me.

Katie also used the spell earlier without much preparation. 15 damage to multiple targets without having to roll to hit is too much is my point.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Katie can't participate in stat combat normally. Snowy turned that attack into a plot event, just like in some games where an enemy starts off nearly invincible but gets cut down to size after awhile. No consensus on the issue but whatever.

Nady is fine, will not argue with events because everything worked out, mind you, not the way I anticipated but my plans are still very manageable. And seeing as how logic is something that is lacking in this RP, I assume restricting myself any further is unnecessary XD

Depending on how things go, consider Kamilla an enemy character henceforth XD

@Lacuna: As I said, barring that one soldier, the others are currently immobile, so no, I won't hurt you :) Nyahahhaha Though I can make them grow a third arm and secretly be demons if you want me to?

Edited by Kanami

It wasn't an explosive rune Cynthia. Least not in the traditional sense. What I wrote was flavor text basically referencing the method to deal 600D6 damage by failing a despell on a explosive rune tome as well as being a plot device.

It wasn't an explosive rune Cynthia. Least not in the traditional sense. What I wrote was flavor text basically referencing the method to deal 600D6 damage by failing a despell on a explosive rune tome as well as being a plot device.

Uh what?

I'm just getting tired of getting saved by people's NPCs/plot devices what have you. It's far more satisfying to allow our characters to get themselves out of situations instead of having powerful mages save our asses every time we get into trouble. It's becoming a very distressing pattern.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Get a blank tome, scribe explosive runes onto every page, chuck it at a enemy, cast despell, fail the check. It should explode 600 times, once for each rune. At least as I've heard it.

Uh what?

Eh, screw if it makes sense or not, Snowy said it and you don't question him remember?

@Cynthia

No point arguing, it's not going to change anything, and with the progress now it's too late for that. Just going to have to accept NPC's have incredible power.

Edited by Kanami

@ Snowy

I just wanted a better explanation ... which I got. Makes sense now.

@ Cuddles

I don't always agree with Snowy, you know. I just don't push the issue once he decides what to do. I asked if I could switch Irina's skill since she'd never used it and he said no. I presented my argument in my "asking" post so I had no other persuasive means and called it a day.

@ Cynthia

I imagine your Katie hate has just skyrocketed :mellow:

@ Kiryn

Umm ... Iso can't ride horses.(Pilot)

I've only done things like this twice. Once to wrap up the stupid criminal plot thing and a second time just now. TBH, if people had at least fought her after the weakening, I wouldn't have blown her up and possibly allowed for the escape; but you tried to run from a rot dragon in a marsh filled with flying leeches. Even with the zombies weighing her down, that is still a bad idea.