Lord of Azure Flame: Chat

Snowy_One

Re Charlotte's ID: I don't really have any malicious intent. At least, I don't think so. Don't look at me like that!

It's bound to drop sooner or later. And when it does, Charlotte won't be afraid to pull the old "I am the princess and must be obeyed!" On everyone.

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

Let's try to hold it until Halton, mmkay?

Edit: D: Have to go to bed.

Also, Kai, see Dani.

Edited by Snike

Question, are there any other characters from Septimus other than Heinz? If not, then I'll probably base the language off of German. Also since we left the mountains (I think) after the timeskip, where are we exactly in relation to Halton and the other countries?

@Whistler,

From what I recall, Septimus was a Korea/Japan like nation (Elyssima being Vegas and Halton...I forget)

I'd really prefer people keep things in English, use Alch's interpretation brackets or something, since I'd rather not have people talking what looks like gibberish (to me).

Yeah, given how a bunch of the characters seem to have issues with Septimus, the group probably isn't going there anytime soon. I'll keep the translation thing in mind though, at most it'll probably like Guten Tag= Good Day

XD I can only partially read that myself, but I wouldn't say anything that complicated in the RP. By the way, did you use a translator to get that? Some of the grammar looks a little funky, but I stopped learning German about two years ago so I dunno.

I'd assume so, it was something I saw posted on another forum, I know the guy's from Florida (doesn't mean much) but he didn't come off as very smart in my eyes, so he probably just grabbed a translator somewhere, I don't really know what it means myself, though I think Schnauze was "be quiet" or something, took German for half a year in high school, didn't like it, don't remember any of it. (I can count to 10 though XD)

Supports = Biggest failure so far in this RP.

The supports are just difficult to implement because the FE support system is nothing but numbers and retarded conversations.

The supports are just difficult to implement because the FE support system is nothing but numbers and retarded conversations.

Not going to argue with those statements, (cause they're true) but that's not what I meant.

*Yawn* We finished rather early today I suppose.

No, she meant that the institution of supports has tended to divide the RPers into little cliques of their 'potential partners' and nobody tries to interact with anyone they're not currently trying to line up a bonus with.

Unless I miss my mark.

Cliques are what people do in real life. That aside, I still can't think of a reason for Iso to run around making friends ... at least not until they get targeted by Shanice :P

Irina, I'm sure I can think of reasons if I try, but right now I'm still focused on my scheme. We'll see what happens.

Heinz talks to people who are either wielders or he thinks he can get information from because the end result is he gets paid tons of gold.

Google says "Schnauze!" means shut up and "Schnauze" means snout, goes to show how useful these things are.

Correct, but false. Or perhaps more true then I thought if you realized, though maybe you're just attuned to my picky nature. While it definitely divides the group, I wouldn't go as far as saying "no one interacts" since most people will respond if say, Helios jumped of cliff, Reika attacked them, or Morgan hurled an insult.

I cateogize most characters into 3 classes,

The Initiator, Characters which will start interaction, or actions Characters like Morgan I'd say actually act as initiators, as she voices her opinion, often resulting in dissent from others, she's also willing to initiate conversations with others when things get quiet

The Middle ground, Refers to both characters that have a balance between the two, it could be an easy balance like Helios so far (Little initiate, little receive) or Tessa (Initiate frequently, receive all interactions well) which is a bit of a surprise considering Bal isn't as active as some of the others, but it's a nice mix.

The receiver, characters who are generally content with very little interaction, Aiya would be a prime example of this, usually only speaking when spoken too, Irina too thinks things but seldom is it directed at others. It's important to note that receivers do initiate conversations sporadically but it's usually set between 1 or 2 select members example would be Kelas or Irina that usually talk to Isotov or Amari/Kiev. When something happens receivers usually react to the event, but don't really contribute or get anyone involved.

I'm going to also say that receivers aren't inferior in anyway, they're all just varying types. But this group has way more receivers then most RP's I've seen, a clear indication being recruitments, the introduced has to work their own way in with usually no help at all, resulting in the "I pop out of nowhere" scenario.

Support systems emphasize limit initiations due to adding a mentality of "It's pointless" for example if I asked Chase to interact with Eric, the answer would most likely by "Why? or Why should I?" Group mentality would result in the answer "Because you're traveling with them" but I think people are looking at supports foremost and then acting accordingly. Things like "Interaction/Opinion lists" (Not Alch's chart) "Am I ready for a support yet" and especially things like Psych's "Helios has crappy affinity" are examples of this.

I'm only writing this down since I'm bored, but if anyone can be bothered, a response would be nice to keep discussion going. Overall all I'm saying here is that this group/Rp has an unusual amount of receivers.

@Languages: Ha ha ha I have a conlang ha ha ha... (Shut up, I have a ... small lexicon, building those takes time. Just wait til Kelas starts swearing in it, then you won't get no stinking translation brackets...)

@Supports: ...I really need to trigger Arrin's curiosity mode at some point. This involves him talking (specifically, asking a million questions) to anyone who will listen. It will continue until either something terrible happens or none of the other characters will talk to him anymore.

@Katie: Were there frats at wherever she studied?