Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

Back from work! Early! Huzzah!

...Five pages.

~catches up~

-"He looked kinda like General Armstrong" is a hilarious description, especially since General Armstrong is a chick. (I assume you meant her brother.)

Edited by The Clockwork Alchemist

Besides, I'm not really railroading, more funneling. They were going to attack sooner or later. However, it was easier to attack the smaller group alone, than the large group with another fleet/make all but a few people unable to fight.

Also, seeing as there are so few fighting, I'm taking it as I can post again.

Edited by psychout50

I'm tempted to have Alex pop in there somehow, kill the mages, then take the princess, in all of one post.

There you go, Psych.

I better get EXP for missing, or I will be one unhappy Snike.

Yes you are. You're knocking out characters, you're not listening to our suggestions and you're logic is nonsensical.

Suddenly, Superboy Prime appearing in this RP and punching reality and screaming "I'LL KILL YOU TO DEATH!" doesn't seem bad at all. It's more subtle then this at least.

@Sage

I am listening as a matter of fact. If I went purely by doing my own plots, they would take the group to a shadow world, and fight them there, as well as making the soldiers unable to fight them.

The girls will still fight the soldiers, just that battle will only effect the PC one once they loose.

There are too many soldiers, and they're stats are too good. I'm fine with there being 5/infinite, but their stats should reflect such.

@Whistler

I'm not sure what the term "railroad"'ing means :/ I mean if it's a railroad, doesn't that imply there's only one track and following it? :/ Completely opposite of the way it's being used. So the terms origin is a bit "Nyeh" to me.

Either way, I don't see a problem with derailing plot as long as it's being derailed in a more interesting fashion. All the more so if the original track was heading in an idiotic boring direction. However I'm assuming neither of these factors are true with Psych's plots?

I dunno how/why railroading got it's current meaning. But I would guess its because it's as if the plot is riding on one train and then it gets derailed onto a different plot.

Plot's not really being derailed in an interesting fashion. The mage trio was modeled after Travis and his gang I think, a bunch of NPCs Cynthia made awhile ago that showed up to kidnap Charlotte. To be honest I got bored reading the backstory of the mages halfway through, so I don't know if they were supposed to be interesting.:lol: I think it's the "I'm gonna figure out ways to insert the mages no matter how much (insert player) doesn't want them!" attitude that's annoying people. Maybe Psych just has really bad people skills?

Besides, I'm not really railroading, more funneling. They were going to attack sooner or later. However, it was easier to attack the smaller group alone, than the large group with another fleet/make all but a few people unable to fight.

Omniscient enemies that teleport at will are still just absurdly annoying and their reasons for attacking the smaller group are really weak(Crimson Weapons= goal, not attacking random people they don't know who happen to be associated with the party). Yeah, they could teleport and gangbang Ivan or something too, that doesn't mean they'll do it. Unlimited scrying is also a problem, not to mention the lack of previously established "crystal ball" or whatnot.

Generally plots like this should only happen if the people involved agree. For example, I agreed to have Morgan's weapon severed, people didn't just decide that for me. You did get GM approval <_< so I suppose it isn't as bad, but you should work together more instead of forcing people into plots they don't want to be in.

@psych Calling for the guards then attacking people tends to make a lot of guards. They're pretty average enemies.

Edited by -Cynthia-

What's the miniboss EXP again?

Also, I'm about ready to ass pull Kaileen warping Alex in and kidnapping the princess, while killing the mage girls.

Also, I'm about ready to ass pull Kaileen warping Alex in and kidnapping the princess, while killing the mage girls.

OOC Kaileen I think, she's not involved in Septimian politics apparently.

7/15?

Edited by -Cynthia-

@Snike

The girls would just admit defeat, and warp out alive.

@Cynthia

I'm fine with the guards trying to fight the mages, but either lower the stats or the numbers. I did that with the skeletons as well, and the girls were out numbered against the group from the start. It should go up that much.

OOC Kaileen I think, she's not involved in Septimian politics apparently.

7/15?

They have politics?

Seriously, though, this isn't a political thing, for Alex. The intent is for the princess to be hidden, or something.

And K. Next question is in this context, do the mages count as minibosses?

@psych You know, there's a reason you don't just start attacking people in the town square. If you don't like it, have them teleport out and for the love of god never come back

And now they have the power to distract all the NPC soldiers with a previously unmentioned ability. When will this madness stop?

Edited by -Cynthia-

I'll have them leave now if they can take Eric. They need something as a prize. Otherwise, it's simply hurting the group and their pride.

Edited by psychout50

No.

Cynthia, having Kaileen warp Alex in is looking more and more alluring. Either that or the Good Captain and his lovely sidekick could inform the general about it, andshe could hitch a ride.

Snike. You only gain 7 XP per round of combat, whether you double or not is immaterial.

Also, I haven't the foggiest idea what to do with Tessa, I'm sorry, Snowy.

Edited by Balcerzak

Then they could capture Alex. He's simply plot. I'll have them go after all the heroes, and have Helenos brainwash them or something.

@Snike

Come on, buddy!

How bout Charlotte?

OK, I'm enjoying your posts so far, Mini. Good show.

Edit: Bal, I'm not stupid. There was a second round of combat.

Edit2: Psych, Alex is also a general, has 4 resistance, and would surprise them. Chances are, the mages aren't going far.

Edited by Snike