• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

The no countering CWs may have been a bit much of a handicap for her actually. It's not like she couldn't have knocked him out first and THEN gone after everyone else. Not sure anymore :/

Lust XD

... slightly related ... what were my exp gains here? I just happened to forget what the attacks and kills handout was for bosses :/ (it's been that long since I've had to worry about a stat related issue)

Lust XD

... slightly related ... what were my exp gains here? I just happened to forget what the attacks and kills handout was for bosses :/ (it's been that long since I've had to worry about a stat related issue)

Iso nets 30 EXP

Irina, 10.

My time online is likely to become a bit wonky in the near future on account of my monitor's attempts to deafen me. No, I am not joking either, I am already having bouts of hearing damage from this miserable piece of electronics.

EDIT: Joy of joys. Now an even worse sound is coming from my TV.

Edited by Script

My time online is likely to become a bit wonky in the near future on account of my monitor's attempts to deafen me. No, I am not joking either, I am already having bouts of hearing damage from this miserable piece of electronics.

EDIT: Joy of joys. Now an even worse sound is coming from my TV.

Wow. Counter with iPod?

Piece on roll fixing.

Anyone who does that gains no exp for that character for the whole battle and repeated rollfixing means the player is expelled from the RP.

Disagree with the expulsion piece. Perhaps their rolls have to be done by a GM or other trusted player?

It's a difficult question and I'm still working to come up with a suitable answer. Full expulsion/suspension is a bit overboard IMO, even on a repeat offense. Possibly the threat of something unpleasant and GM-approved happening to the character involved? (The player in question's character, of course, not the opponent, regardless of which rolls the player was fudging. Doesn't make sense to do anything to Megae here, even if she weren't dead.) I'd say a certain number of offenses with a particular character would warrant a modkill; we can argue what that number would be. (While the character's behavior and the rolls are not that closely related, there's not a lot we can do just with the numbers that won't end up encouraging further cheating; thus it is probably a better idea to deal with the character.)

Besides, if a certain character being repeatedly involved with cheating gets modkilled and the player in question cheats with all their characters, then sufficient repeat offense will effectively remove them from the RP.

The problem with simply docking EXP each time this happens is that the character ends up behind, which provides more incentive to cheat so that they'll actually survive against higher-level enemies.

What we really can't do, though, is just let it slide.

In this particular instance I would not kick Psych out, but he'd be significantly closer to kicking in my book than someone who had merely cheated once or twice without throwing a lot of other bullshit at us. Things do accumulate.

Depends on what he's cheating on.

-Is he not KO'ing his characters?

-Is he damaging more then he should?

-Is he just not letting attacks miss/hit when they should be?

I'd probably be go with

Phase 1: EXP Docking

Phase 2: Perm stat decrease.

Phase 3: Mod Kill, and restriction to one character

Phase 4: Removal from RP.

How much time you put in, in between is up to you really, but if he's still cheating in Phase 4 I think it's a clear indication that he no longer wants to be a part of this RP :/

Edited by Kanami

In this case his PC's rolls were clean but he was picking enemy counter rolls in an attempt to keep the PC alive for another round. I don't remember exactly what the previous cases were, but I do remember hilarious numbers of rolls.

I also find it kind of darkly hilarious how before this happened when I warned that I would be checking rolls, he tried to delay the entire battle by not posting. Not quite an offense since I could just run enemy phase without him in order to keep things moving, but it kind of gives context.

Dock Hp from the character which should have died.

Don't see the point in cheating rolls :/ Unless of course you're planning to take things into PvP later in the RP. In which case you probably need to be the strongest character if you're taking on several others. Would be an interesting finish. The CW's fought eachother and the world was lost... the end. :/

Though as we all know, the CW's aren't even essential to defeating the LoAF, so I don't see why you're merry group is still traveling. :P

In this case his PC's rolls were clean but he was picking enemy counter rolls in an attempt to keep the PC alive for another round. I don't remember exactly what the previous cases were, but I do remember hilarious numbers of rolls.

I also find it kind of darkly hilarious how before this happened when I warned that I would be checking rolls, he tried to delay the entire battle by not posting. Not quite an offense since I could just run enemy phase without him in order to keep things moving, but it kind of gives context.

Case 1 was Rita, trying to beat Derek in PvP. I remember this, because she had like a 50% chance of a tink, but ended up damaging every single roll, before we checked, to find 30+ rolls.

Case 2 was Rita, trying to damage Aiya in PvP. Same reason, but he got caught faster. =/

Case 3 was Cess this time, which did not work out in his favor. He needed 2 specific rolls to not die, so he kept roll-fishing, when he got caught by Kiryn. Regardless, he was KOed.