Lord of Azure Flame: Chat

Snowy_One

I'm in cold >_< Raining all morning, and this house crappy sealing (windows).

*shrugs* I just woke up today and found Rein and Helios fighting it out, and it seemed like a good day to jump on the "Helios hating bandwagon." As for the romance, well, I'm not a part of it so it doesn't really bother me that much.

Though I am in a semi-good mood, since the plots actually moving again, how fast I don't know, but usually around this time, it's only Phoenix, myself and one or two others occassionally popping in.

*Wishes Saturdays were always this active*

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

I'm more active because more relevant things are going on, and I'm getting the gist of manipulating situations and jacking people's characters. Your insanity is rubbing off on me it seems <_<

My innuendo skills are really on fire today.

@Story: Gaaah I though all of us save Damian and Esphyr were in the yard right outside the inn and Katie is inside it

Where did I miss something?

I don't know. I was with you on this one, honestly...

XD I think I might of fallen in love with Cynthia today XD

We started moving slowly on since I figured it'd take you all a few pages before we decided to agree on something and leave. Phoenix/Ether never established how far away the soldiers were, but we'd be well and truly in their sights now if we were only just starting to leave now.

I'm in cold >_< Raining all morning, and this house crappy sealing (windows).

*shrugs* I just woke up today and found Rein and Helios fighting it out, and it seemed like a good day to jump on the "Helios hating bandwagon." As for the romance, well, I'm not a part of it so it doesn't really bother me that much.

Though I am in a semi-good mood, since the plots actually moving again, how fast I don't know, but usually around this time, it's only Phoenix, myself and one or two others occassionally popping in.

*Wishes Saturdays were always this active*

Unfortunately,this will be a one time thing for me,atleast for a little while.

I thought Esphyr was bathing a little distance away.

I imagien Katie was inside the inn, maybe she went out when she saw the wyvern coming?

We're all mounted except for Damian and Esphyr.

Edited by -Cynthia-

And with that much Underbrush,a contingent of Soldiers would never find Damian and Esphyr,and taking the rivers,and thus fish and edible plants into account,the two could likely survive for months in there if necessary,ambushing idiots who strayed from the main group.

Snowy didn't give me exact permission to create enemies, but I could probably do it if you're itching for teh combatz. Peg Knights are obviosuly hard to outrun.

You people are horrible, I mean my character being grateful to one of Ether's character, this is blasphemy, I hate Ether >_< Or did, or am supposed to, or something Just proves you people are so bad that I've been forced to semi-reconcile with an old enemy. (few months XD)

Speaking of old enemies.... *Goes to check on how Iced/Enjo's hack is going*

I doubt we can do much more, since Rein will probably want to be around (and supposedly have an important role one we get to the cobalt caves)

@Cynthia, Your choice, I doubt he'd mind, and he's probably snooping around somewhere, worst case scenario, he says you can't and no one get exp for this battle (big deal) and it'd just be an RP scene.

Though if you don't want to, we could hurry into the caves, Pegasi (Wyverns still have a nasty bite) are useless (no different from a normal horse) once we get in the caves. Unless they're really, really big XD

@Lacuna, No idea

Edited by Nadesico

Oh man. Thought. Did we do anything about class weaknesses to weapons? (In this case, do bows have bonuses against pegasi?)

No. I don't see why they should balance wise, just makes bows pretty OP and fliers kind of sucky.

Only real change is the 5 posts before you attack again rule.

Edited by -Cynthia-

How much of an affect do you think it would have on those Pegasi if a Pitch Black Bull Wyvern were to rear up and Roar at them,flicking his tail around in obvious anger?I'd imagine the winged ponies would be scared half to death,and it would likely either cause them to retreat or make 'em easier to fight.

Their riders would be able to control them. If they were wild pegasi it would work, but the Elysimian military would train their pegasi to not be scared of wyverns if Halton has wyvern riders.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Might demoralize a bit, but nothing major IMO.

Before anyone yells at me for forcing enemies on the group, I figured it'd be highly unrealistic for Conrad to send out foot troop only when Percy may (didn't in the post I don't think) mentioned the group being in possession of a wyvern (Kiev) And either way, being so close to the Capitol they wouldn't exactly be stingy on their soldiers (can be called back easily if problem arise)

Edited by Nadesico

They would probably send mounted units, considering Percy saw all our mounts.

Meh, I don't want you to just go (difficult wyvern name) roars, they fly away. Maybe just remove Aiya's WTD because the pegasi are spooked?

They would probably send mounted units, considering Percy saw all our mounts.

Meh, I don't want you to just go (difficult wyvern name) roars, they fly away. Maybe just remove Aiya's WTD because the pegasi are spooked?

Seems reasonable.I mean,something that intimidating has to have some kind of effect.

Seems reasonable.I mean,something that intimidating has to have some kind of effect.

Hmmm I don't know, it'd intimidate them, sure. But whether it'd have any effect on the battle is sketchy, mainly since we're bound to end up fighting demonic thingies 'Mesh' Demons and perhaps even Helenos (Dragon thingie that serves Demon lord) and they're bound to be intimidating but most likely won't have any effect on the group.

If they get penalized for fear, the PC's should as well, and if we're fighting larger numbers there's bound to be a "intimidation penalty" on us half the time.

Actually in this situation, any other bull wyvern would crush one of the pegasi in its jaws(then brutally bite it in half). Whether the others run or not doesn't matter because the bull wyvern would chase them all down. The army's archers wouldn't be that effective either.

Ulfhrahn is a successfully trained bull wyvern. Killing them all doesn't seem to be the goal so how you deal with them is up to you.

Normally the army would bring cavaliers, but pegasus riders can scout better so they'd be the logical choice to use if they expected the group to run away, which ... let's face it ... they did.

look at it this way:

A-Our group knows they will be fighting demons.They do not know how big they will be,or how strong,but they prepare for the worst because of it.

B-Pegasus Knight are used to fighting Wyverns between 15-17 feet long.They then see this beast 2-3 times the size and weight of what they are used to.

The shock of being astounded by something you think you know is a factor as well

Hmmm, it'd be surprise factor, if the group are prepared to fight demons and don't suffer a penalty, the Pegasi could argue, they came expecting to fight something which could defeat Percy, and while they didn't expect Ulf, they did expect something powerful.

I don't mind what you're trying to do in this case, I just want to avoid a scenario where enemies are somewhat constantly disadvantaged due to Ulf being on the battlefield, cause if it can scare the Pegasi and their riders, chances are it'll scare ground troop, and everything else from here on out.

While a bull wyvern has RP descriptive bonuses, they don't get any specifics battle/stat advantages. So interfering with stats on RP elements seems like a stretch to me.

Edited by Nadesico